North Cyprus Tourist Board - Where & what next for Turquoise bay complex
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Where & what next for Turquoise bay complex

Where & what next for Turquoise bay complex

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

billybob

Message Posted:
12/07/2011 08:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 201 in Discussion

Much has been written by some of the bar room lawyers about TQB but when are those that can do somthing about the goings on going to do it, its all very well the developers saying that all will have to pay up before they get there kojans but this is no good to any MC, they need the money coming in everymonth regularly from EVERYBODY that owns a flat on the site, that includes estate agents investors TC bigwigs and developer partners.

The developers MUST make people pay up or TQB will never work, and all must work for the greater good of the site or it will be a tip for a long time, it is already a laughing stock.

If all the money owed was got back from those owing it and was put into the development it would go a long way to bringing the site back to a desent standard, and those muppets that pay lip service saying "MC are doing a good job in there opinion" want to wake up and smell the coffee and remember the part they played in making the site what it is today

sienna

Message Posted:
12/07/2011 08:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 201 in Discussion

terrible state of affairs

have your ex-committee made a statement they must have seen this coming ?

have the developers got anything to say?

What is the owners next course of action, you seriously need to all get together as you need to do something otherwise what IS left after this debacle will rapdily disintegrate

So Lynx are moving on totally from the island or just this site?

billybob

Message Posted:
12/07/2011 09:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 201 in Discussion

Sienna its all been said before but NOBODY IS LISTENING

Committee thats a joke, never any information from them, people wrote asking for an agm a year ago and it was even put up on here, its been coming for well over a year now as was forecast so often.

The developers are between a rock and hard place the investors (plural) are not paying there way, only one pool now working, total disaster,

Owners on the site were written to a long time ago but only about 16 responded and two of them were singing the praises of Lynx even though nothing was being done but hey ho they, (and comittee) would REALLY know what was going on living in England and elsewhere and being told what is happening by MC. none of the comittee live in TRNC or on site

Dont know what Lynx plans are only what I seen on an e-mail

sienna

Message Posted:
12/07/2011 09:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 201 in Discussion

far be it for me to tell you what to do BUT - those that live out there and or are interested now need to shake themselves apathy of someone else will sort it out wont help

Are you an owner billybob i take you are if so someone has to take the bull from the horns you have no committee now imo they hav had their chance

You need to gather yourselves and try to salvage what you can

what about the people that have paid up front ?

flamefabs

Message Posted:
12/07/2011 09:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 201 in Discussion

where's pippie when you need her?

hodgeliz

Message Posted:
12/07/2011 11:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 201 in Discussion

I take it you mean pipie not pippie

Pipies doing what pipie does, busy posting on other threads to try to deflect, it would be interesting to have her input now, not useful but interesting !!

johndp

Message Posted:
12/07/2011 20:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 201 in Discussion

I got an e-mail this afternoon from tbrowners (committee) informing me Lynx have given a months notice to finish up on the 5th of August, and that the self elected comittee are to try to run the site as a self managed entity hmmm.

I have once again asked when we are going to get an A (ANNUAL) GM, and democratic elected committee, after all I have asked several times over the past 12 months

sienna

Message Posted:
12/07/2011 20:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 201 in Discussion

oh dear me !! with a rift like yours who are tehy goign to pay hmm interesting

Woodspeckie

Message Posted:
12/07/2011 21:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 201 in Discussion

Pipie will sort it out when she gets there.

Blackpoolfan

Message Posted:
12/07/2011 22:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 201 in Discussion

No MC and people going to manage the site themselves, Good Luck!!!!!

There are some that will do some that won't and some that will do nothing but moan

johndp

Message Posted:
12/07/2011 22:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 201 in Discussion

Especially a site the size of TQB and with all the problems it poses, with all the non payers, how do they intend to tackle that problem without all the requirements in place, after all we heard it all before about MC taking people to court and cases pending - it was all bullsh1t.

How do they intend to run the place when they all live overseas, and the ones on site have proved incapable more than once, who will set the weekly tasks for Ali they want to employ, who will oversee it all, do the locals who own and the other nationalities agree to this, have they asked ? - no

Bradus

Message Posted:
12/07/2011 22:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 201 in Discussion

Have you all got your kocans so at least your property ownership is safe?

billybob

Message Posted:
13/07/2011 09:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 201 in Discussion

Hi bradus no, nobody except MAYBE the locals have there kocans as far as we know.

I think we now need to ask Alison (lazy days) if she will come back on and let everybody know the grizzly details of what the real problems on TQB are, owners have been burying there heads in the sand for far too long.

The committee dont communicate, and a lot of owners have simply not bothered to get in touch with anybody to try to move things forward.

At the meeting with MC & owners on TQB where about 5 owners turned up incl. one committee person, people were moaning about having to walk too far to the only pool that was up and running, thats the mentality MC have had to battle from day one, a large proportion are incapable of seeing the bigger picture or as I said before working for the greater good.

The self appointed committee have been in situ for 15 months now and what have they acchieved "NOTHING"

janey.m

Message Posted:
13/07/2011 12:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 201 in Discussion

"The committee dont communicate, and a lot of owners have simply not bothered to get in touch with anybody to try to move things forward." THAT IS NOT TRUE, THE COMMITTE DO COMMUNICATE. SEVERAL EMAILS HAVE BEEN SENT. HOWEVER I SUSPECT THAT FEW OWNERS RESPOND & THAT SOME OF THE FEW ARE REPLYING TO EMAILS ARE AT BEST UNCONSTRUCTIVE EMAILS, OR DAMM RIGHT ABUSIVE.

janey.m

Message Posted:
13/07/2011 12:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 201 in Discussion

"At the meeting with MC & owners on TQB where about 5 owners turned up incl. one committee person, people were moaning about having to walk too far to the only pool that was up and running, thats the mentality MC have had to battle from day one, a large proportion are incapable of seeing the bigger picture or as I said before working for the greater good." MANY OF THE OWNERS DO NOT LIVE ON THE SITE, PERHAPS WE SHOULD JUST DROP EVERYTHING & JUMP ON A FLIGHT! THAT DOES NOT MEAN THAT WE DO NOT CARE ABOUT THE SITE, NOR ARE WE ALL NON PAYERS. I HAVE BEEN USING THE POOL BY KINGS BAR, IT IS A BIT OF A TREK, BUT BETTER THAN NO POOL. NOR HAVE I MOANED ABOUT THE CUSTOMERS OF KINGS BAR USING THE POOL, EVEN THOUGH PAUL & PAULA ARE VERY BEHIND IN THEIR PAYMENTS.

janey.m

Message Posted:
13/07/2011 12:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 201 in Discussion

"The self appointed committee have been in situ for 15 months now and what have they acchieved "NOTHING" LYNX SENT EMAILS ASKING FOR VOLUNTEERS FOR THE COMMITTEE, DID YOU PUT YOURSELF FORWARD, DID YOU EVEN BOTHER TO VOTE. FROM THE I EMAILS I HAVE RECIEVED. THE COMMITTEE HAVE WORKED VERY HARD UNDER VERY DIFFICULT CIRCUMSTANCES & FROM THE MESSAGES I GOT OVER THE LAST COUPLE OF DAYS CONTINUE TO DO SO. THESE PEOPLE ARE TAKING TIME FROM THEIR BUSY LIVES & ARE MAKING AN EFFORT. NOT JUST WHINGING ON SITES LIKE THIS. PUT YOUR TIME TO BETTER USE & ACTUALLY DO SOMETHING CONSTRUCTIVE FOR THE SITE!

Pipie

Message Posted:
13/07/2011 13:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 201 in Discussion

well said janey.m. the fact that Billybob does not even own on the site.speaks for itself.

The rest who have posted who are owners on the site do not wish Turquoise bay to go forward as they have there own Agender ''ok'' there choice, however maybe just maybe the self managing of the site can go forward, it is early days and much work lays ahead for these few owners who have started the ball rolling.

I fully support this self managing of the site and ask all owners on Turquoise bay to comminicate with the acting committee what have you got to lose, compared with just letting the site fall iinto disrepair.

You never know Turquoise bay could be the envy of other sites who in all honesty some are waiting for an ideal opportuinty to self manage.

Have a nice day every one !!

johndp

Message Posted:
13/07/2011 14:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 201 in Discussion

Janeym

With great respect, I have every e-mail sent to me by committee, one of them not very nice to say the least, from Graham (Dorrell?) saying that he would "not be responding to me for a few days as he might tell me where to go colourfully" is that the way for a committee member to act I ask ?, I am to this day awaiting a reply to my e-mail.

**Billybob may not be an owner but then again neither is pipie**.

My Step father was castigated by pipie and falsely accused of so much including ripping people off, and recently on this board of misleading her and others re the site being finished when he has documented proof of her signing her acceptance and of her getting an e-mail from the developers fully 3 months before Glencoe took over the site , she is a liar and twists facts to suit her own ends, there is the MAJOR problem with TQB, if she wasnt there people could move on.

Cont

johndp

Message Posted:
13/07/2011 14:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 201 in Discussion

You say you have been using the pool behind the kings bar, are you sure ? as last I heard it was out of action since April.

I am a serving soldier so I did not put myself forward for the committee, and would not consider doing so till I could do justice to the position.

Paul & Paula do not pay any contri to the fund for the Kings bar (which is a nonsense) however they as far as I am aware do pay for their apartments as do everyone else, if they are so far in arrears people should simply boycott the place.

The people who do care about the complex and who can rise above the personal vendettas etc. need to be brought up to speed with the underlying reasons for the continuing failures of TQB, and quickly ! believe me it opened my eyes.

Of two people who could reveal much, one has moved elsewhere and the other refuses to post on this board, but they need the FULL support of owners, something neither Glencoe nor Lynx ever got

Pipie

Message Posted:
13/07/2011 14:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 201 in Discussion

Here we go again Johndp backwards all the time . You have no idea who owns our apartment nothing whatsover to do with you so keep your beak out.

However i do pay the maintenance so let us get over that one shall we !!

Now let us wait for all the other posters who do not own on T/B to now post, but are just out to try and destroy every effort to get T/B off the ground.

johndp

Message Posted:
13/07/2011 14:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 201 in Discussion

I will ignore the last poster as she is incapable of sensible debate with those who dont agree with her viewpoint.

Janeym may I ask are you on the committee as you seem to know a lot about the e-mails that have been going back and forward

Pasted from mess 14

THAT IS NOT TRUE, THE COMMITTE DO COMMUNICATE. SEVERAL EMAILS HAVE BEEN SENT. HOWEVER I SUSPECT THAT FEW OWNERS RESPOND & THAT SOME OF THE FEW ARE REPLYING TO EMAILS ARE AT BEST UNCONSTRUCTIVE EMAILS, OR DAMM RIGHT ABUSIVE.

End.

If you are not on the committee how are you able to post this ?

I never received an e-mail from Lynx saying they were packing up, but I did get one (1) from tbrowners, (committee ?) you say several e-mails have been sent, I have got four in total but never ones with outlines of planned maintenance strategies, and I have never been asked for my opinion on self management, strange dont you agree if ALL owners are being kept in the loop so to speak.

billybob

Message Posted:
13/07/2011 18:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 22 of 201 in Discussion

Pipie you want to practice what you preach eg "keep your beak out" of what has nothing to do with you, do you want me to drag up all the posts you have interfered in thats got nothing to do with you, so I pay the maintenance on an apartment does that not make me same as you, sorry course you did it to be dishonest and to cheat the TRNC government as foreiners cant own the amount of property you do eh ?.

From message 20 *Now let us wait for all the other posters who do not own on T/B to now post, but are just out to try and destroy every effort to get T/B off the ground.*

You did this single handed when you took to lyeing about anything you didnt like being done on TQB as is well documented, why dont you apologise and it will all be done, oh sorry (see its easy) you cant do that as it would mean you could of been wrong, but you could try to admit you made mistakes in judgement, oh sorry cant do that either, oh well long may we continue lol

Bradus

Message Posted:
13/07/2011 23:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 23 of 201 in Discussion

Billybob,

thanks for answering my question. I must admit I find it strange that so much emphasis is put on the MC rather than people getting their deeds. I don't for the life of me understand how getting your deeds is tied in with the management of the site?

I do understand that you all leave yourselves wide-open to memorandums especially if unpaid debts accrue. A very easy situation to occur when you have unsold properties and people not paying their way.Not wishing to cause any anxiety but should getting your deeds not be your main priority?

Checkmate

Message Posted:
14/07/2011 09:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 24 of 201 in Discussion

As a fully paid up, owner (who will now be owed money???) I kindly ask Pipie to stay out of anything to do with the site. You have caused enough damage!!!!!

billybob

Message Posted:
14/07/2011 10:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 25 of 201 in Discussion

Bradus, the problems on TQB are not easy to put to rights, but those that think they know realy dont know and for some reason they wont ask those who do know if you see what I mean, Ive been asked not to say too much on this board but most of the owners on TQB arent aware of what is & has been going on, not to do with any MC.

It makes my blood boil that some English in the early days when part one of the site was finished by the developers (ok we know some argued that, and wanted to make a point) wer so stupid to not pay the fees some because they had no contract ect. these same people suddenly woke up when the MC packed in, and started paying there fees but by this time the damage was done and other people stopped paying.

I used to sit in places and listen to all the sh1te being dished out by so called intelligent people, and I also read a letter sent by one family who live on site, well those people deserve everything that falls on them.

This wont go away till bridges are built !

Chegwin

Message Posted:
14/07/2011 10:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 26 of 201 in Discussion

Don’t worry Pipie.

Your ban has been lifted on "the other site" and you can now post on there, if you want to that is.

Pipie

Message Posted:
14/07/2011 15:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 27 of 201 in Discussion

No thanks Chewin not interested !!

janey.m

Message Posted:
14/07/2011 17:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 28 of 201 in Discussion

Dear Johnp, I know about your step father and if you would care to check back on this forum I have never said anything against him, in fact I stuck up for him and he was kind enough to repay the compliment, when I got it in the neck from pipie. It should also be noted that I have no problem with pipie. I have no idea, why you think I am on the committee, nor do I know or care about any emails between you and Graham Dorrell, however with great respect, your reply to me is a tad aggressive, have you come across as aggressive/negative to the committee? You may not being doing so deliberately, I suspect from other posts you & your step father are just as frustrated about the situation as everyone else. All I know is that, that I have been kept fully informed by the committee, which I voted for and would suggest you have been kept informed, I never said anything about Lynx. I am more concerned about moving the site forward, a cooperative management seems a sensible way to go.

janey.m

Message Posted:
14/07/2011 17:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 29 of 201 in Discussion

cont... with all money being pumped back into the site. I have taken the liberty of checking out some of you other posts, you seem to have a reasonable amount of time spar, even as a serving soldier and as a soldier you know all about team work, perhaps you could be of more help than you realise with the cooperative so please help move the site forward.

paulgeordie

Message Posted:
14/07/2011 17:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 30 of 201 in Discussion

I normaly do not respond to the things that are posted about tqb. But just for the record.

I do agree with some of the postings, When i found out about lynx leaving i got in touch with a commitee member by e.mail at first and the by rinning there tel numbers, there was no response. i was then informed that a said person was in talks with people outside tqb. as some have said an unelected commitee who are now acting without consulting owners.

As to my payments to lynx, as i have made it common knowlage that we found ourselves having to put 20,000tl to one side to mentain our license. i spoke with lynx and made an agreement that as soon as posable i would begin payments, they had no problem with this. I have been paying lynx over payments to catch up with the arrears i have the recipts to show anyone who would like to see. there was a window of opertunity

to try and put things on track, and as usual the back stabbing begins, i shall say no more.

Checkmate

Message Posted:
14/07/2011 19:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 31 of 201 in Discussion

Who knows whats next for the complex?? No point in going over old ground, ALL NON PAYERS, are responsible for the state of play. SIMPLE AS.

No matter who you are!!!

billybob

Message Posted:
14/07/2011 21:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 32 of 201 in Discussion

Janeym, I also think you are on the committee or partner of a committee member, how else could you possibly know about any possible 'damn right abusive' e-mails, if you are it is no shame but dont leave yourself open to criticism from anybody, ive seen e-mails where people have thought TQB was in its best ever position under Lynx, do they still think that ?, they were well warned !.

Pipie has shouted from the rooftops over the past 3 years and its all about 'her' being put down, well let me say here for the record 'she' is the problem she cannot and could not see what was and is going on but because somebody had the balls to tell her to go to hell she couldnt take it and started her vile campaign of lies and slander, that bit will never dissapear as long as she is on TQB sticking her oar in.

Paulgeordie, why dont you just come out and say who this supposed 'said person' is after all janeym named you and Paula, and what was the window of opportunity ??,

Cont

billybob

Message Posted:
14/07/2011 21:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 33 of 201 in Discussion

Cont

Did you see a probable way of not having to pay just like so many others ? and if you were making private arrangements with Lynx did the 'interim committee' or other owners know about this arrangement ? and if not why not ?

Back stabbing has been going on for a long time even old partners of the last MC have been at it proved by e-mails forwarded by pipie to others with information that could only have come from a pick of 3 people, this is where your site is at and it wont get better till these people dissappear.

Checkmate, couldnt agree more and the ones from day one including one now on the supposed committee need to take a look in the mirror and ask themselves 'WHY'.

IT WILL BE INTERESTING HOW THEY PLAN TO COLLECT FEES AND ON WHAT AUTHORITY THEY WILL BE COLLECTING THEM AND HOW THEY WILL BE BANKED AND WHO WILL BE THE ACCOUNTANT AND WHO WILL PAY THE SOCIAL AND PROVIDENT, AND WHO WILL LOOK AFTER EMERGENCIES ECT. ???

hodgeliz

Message Posted:
15/07/2011 08:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 34 of 201 in Discussion

First of let me say i am not an owner on turquoise but hubby met a guy who lives on there a couple of months ago when they all used to go to Turtle beach restaurant, and he was saying that things were not good and he thought the management company was just milking the place for money and were not looking for the future, he was saying as well that the comittee person he was talking to agreed with him that the place was not being run properly but that they could do little about it, another thing he said the comittee was not voted in so i wonder how message 28 cast her vote ?

It seems to us looking on that a lot of people are telling lies why cant everybody be honest.

janey.m

Message Posted:
15/07/2011 17:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 35 of 201 in Discussion

All I can do is give you my word that I am NOT on the committee, I will next be out in September & would be happy to meet up with billybob & johnp to prove my identity. As for the emails, the a answer to that is easy, it is called a computer & Internet, they send & I read! I agree with billybob in that it will be interesting to see how the fees will be collected & who will use this as an excuse to not contribute to the site. At least some people are trying to keep the site going, and for that they deserve our support. This could be Turquoise Bays salvation, free of outside influences. Unfortunately the same old people will probably continue to spoil it for everyone else. This will be my last post, as I have made no allegations that were not true, or backed up, yet untrue allegations have been made against me, with no proof.

billybob

Message Posted:
15/07/2011 20:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 36 of 201 in Discussion

Janey, you say you are not on the comitee this I accept but you dont deny (yet) being involved or partner to someone on the comittee, lets get things sorted instead of sayin this wolud be your last post, who has made untrue allegations against you please ???

johndp

Message Posted:
16/07/2011 10:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 37 of 201 in Discussion

Message 35, sorry if you feel I come across as agressive, but the whole sorry saga would make you that way, I wont be there then you are out but I will be out in early August and I am really hoping to have a chat with Graham.

You must have got e- mails that I didn't get cos none of the ones I got wereabout people being downrght abusive and I have them all, the only one that I thought was cheeky I suspect might not have been meant for me to see, was one where Graham said "he would tell me where to go colourfully" is that not agressive and coming from an interim committee member ?

If someone has made untrue allegations against you then welcome to the club

I have the same intentions as you for the site I am fully paid up and have paid since day one, more than some, some on the supposed committee at that,I have to admit it wrankles that people who refused payment from day 1 have the audacity to put themselves forward for committee especially as there is still no contract !

Cont.

johndp

Message Posted:
16/07/2011 10:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 38 of 201 in Discussion

While you have things like that going on and committee members who are seldom on the complex then you are never going to have the harmony that the site deserves in my opinion.

In your message 35 you say 'Unfortunately the same old people will probably continue to spoil it for everyone else' hope you dont mean me lol cos I'm not old, but to be serious the pity seems to be that theres too much back stabbing still going on and a lot of stems from the site itself, its such a pity that more people weren't on a private forum to learn the real problems then their thinking might be different, so much cant be put up on here.

Lazy days

Message Posted:
17/07/2011 21:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 39 of 201 in Discussion

I have been asked to comment on the present TQB scenario, but suffice to say you should all look back to many of the threads posted and things said, then take stock and examine your inner selves.

Just have a look at the below

http://www.cyprus44.com/forums/19121.asp

Pay particular attention to messages from 30 to message 51

To finish, please do listen to those who know what it is/has been like behind the scenes, otherwise you will be going round in circles for years to come

Alison

billybob

Message Posted:
18/07/2011 08:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 40 of 201 in Discussion

Paul mess 30, you will know where much of it begins

Are you saying that you also wrote to commitee but got no response ? and am glad to see you agree that the 'interim commitee' are acting without consulting owners despite janeym saying they do, still a split camp I see.

janey.m

Message Posted:
18/07/2011 13:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 41 of 201 in Discussion

NOT on committe, NOT related to anyone one on committee. Lazydays thank you for posting that link.

I feel it sums up my opinion very well. Which have not changed much, since i posted on that link. Changing the thread slightly, My husband emailed Graham and got a reponse, hubby said that he was surprise how quickly he had replied after reading these threads? As for some of the posters, I do not understand, if you do not recognise the commitee, why would you get intouch with them? Why would you be upset if they do not get in touch with you? What would be the point of gettting in touch with some one who does not recognise them/their authority or believe that they are trying to everything they can to keep the site going. No one else seems to be bothered, no else (myself & hubby incl) has done anything. I just want to come to my little 2 bedroom apartment, relax, potter and swim in the pool. I don't care who runs it, I just want things to work and the aggression/bitching to stop.

janey.m

Message Posted:
18/07/2011 13:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 42 of 201 in Discussion

Apologise for the terrible typing, trying to do it on a smart phone, not a good idea. But I think you get my gist. Pipie/billybob you either own on the site or you don't, not sure why you are posting if you don't. Johniep. It is a shame you will not be out in September as I admit I am curious. Why are you looking forward to chatting with Graham, according to you previous posts, he was rude to you in emails? Why was he rude to you and if he was, why does it matter, you don't acknowledge his authority as chairman, or even the committee. Perhaps I am reading these previous posts all wrong and the chat will be non agressive and constructive, perhaps you are taking my advice and do want to help run the site?

Jackson

Message Posted:
18/07/2011 13:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 43 of 201 in Discussion

From what I have read these past months the problem is purely financial.

If everyone paid then a committee could appoint a managment company to turn the site around and everyone would be happy.

It seems that the last managment company just gave up and ranaway because they were not managed by a committee.

The previous managment company just left as the owners of the company got sick of spending their own money and was getting debts pilling up so they left.

If all the dues were paid then the problems could be sorted. I have visited the site often and I think it is a nice site but just need tidying up. With the funds made available it would be fixed. I am seriously considering turquoise bay for my residence when we do decide to arrive if it is working properly and looks clean and well planted.

There are posters on these threads who have lots of information but keep fighting. Why don’t they just get together and move on.

billybob

Message Posted:
18/07/2011 14:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 44 of 201 in Discussion

Janeym

Is it fair to ask owners to accept a comittee, when one of the comittee was a non payer ?

It is not that people dont want to recognise the comittee, they cant LEGALLY because they were foisted on them, nobody including you voted for them, if you did people would love to see the official records of that !

Is it fair to expect owners to accept a comittee that has no powers, eg. to have any REAL chance of the complex going forward the comittee MUST be formally elected, books of ownership MUST be made up and be lodged with the district lands office by them, if this does not happen then nothing but posturing will happen, FACT.

Is it fair to have a comittee, that does not treat ALL owners in exactly the same way, the comittee are doing exactly what pipie accused Glencoe of doing - ignoring her ! this is what caused all the animosity in the first place when she launched her one woman crusade, so now the comittee are doing exactly the same, ignoring owners, when will it ever end ?

billybob

Message Posted:
18/07/2011 14:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 45 of 201 in Discussion

Message 43 Jackson, your post gives you away, where did you get the information from ?? the first MC gave the developers 2 months notice - the present one gave 1 month, please get your facts right before trying to jump on the bandwagon.

Both gave up because of the amount of non payers, it was claimed by a certain poster on here a year ago that the last MC had collections of over 75%, it was challenged at the time as being untrue because if it was true the site could survive on that amount of income, but the mere fact that almost half of all the income was eaten up by the last MC before anything went back into the site made it unworkable.

I would like to ask here for the record, how are those who are acting in the best interests of the complex (comittee) going to ensure that EVERYONE pays their fees on time,

JUST THATANSWER FROM THESE PEOPLE WOULD BE A START.

They dont have the answer - simple!

janey.m

Message Posted:
18/07/2011 14:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 46 of 201 in Discussion

You have answered. Are you an owner?

billybob

Message Posted:
18/07/2011 14:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 47 of 201 in Discussion

The comittee have had near on 2 years to get themselves properly elected and to get a constitution drafted, and get the book of owners made up so that owners can take action on non payers - what have they done about it - NOTHING.

This has to be a priority but they cant see it, people who have been through it have told them continually for 2 years, am I right Sienna ?

If they want the majority of owners to take them seriously then they have to show that they can do things properly.

Greg informed me that he asked Graham to form a consortium of owners over 3 years ago, but he refused saying he was to much of a dictator, well since he put himself forward eventually as comittee chair, he needs to be a bit of a dictator now and insist that things must be set up properly.

billybob

Message Posted:
18/07/2011 14:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 48 of 201 in Discussion

janeym

I am a part owner, but my name is not on the contract of sale, so I do have a real interest in helping the complex

Chegwin

Message Posted:
18/07/2011 15:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 49 of 201 in Discussion

Sorry billybob.

Just without trawling through all the old posts I cant exactly say.

Just what I thought was how it was sorry again

I do want you all to get it right cos it is a good place and will be nice as I am going to play golf when I eventually go there and the bars are nice at that end of the island.

Sorry again.

That’s why I never posted a long time ago for fear of getting shouted at.

Jackson

Message Posted:
18/07/2011 15:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 50 of 201 in Discussion

Chegwin says hi.

Stephen is my brother in law just in case you wondered why we sharee the same IP but not the same views.

J

janey.m

Message Posted:
18/07/2011 15:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 51 of 201 in Discussion

Billy bob do you live on site? You seem very Knowledgeable about the in's & outs, perhaps you could forward on the info to myself, johniep & the rest of us. As a part owner, why aren't you on the contract? Do the committe know you exist, have you put yourself forward, the site needs constructive help, perhaps you could join johniep & Graham for a chat? Surely a non profit cooperative is the best way. Perhaps if other owners (non payers) see that they will pay?

billybob

Message Posted:
18/07/2011 15:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 52 of 201 in Discussion

Chegwin (jackson) have you tripped your self up or has your post been hacked again

billybob

Message Posted:
18/07/2011 15:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 53 of 201 in Discussion

janeym

Believe me I am very well informed, properly informed not bar room gossip, meantime however I will not be getting involved while some issues remain unresolved

I think the person you are referring to is johndp not johniep ?, Johndp owns in block B19 and will be visiting in August, I will defo be having a beer with him.

janey.m

Message Posted:
18/07/2011 15:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 54 of 201 in Discussion

Where do you get your info from? What makes you know these things that we do not. Put the info to good use, not just bitching on this forum!

Jackson

Message Posted:
18/07/2011 19:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 55 of 201 in Discussion

I am Stephen Jackson and my email is StephenDJackson@Live.com

I live in Southport and am an NDT inspection Manager

Just checking again before clocking off and heading home from work

Not sure what is happening here but I will send to the board admin a note.

I did post number 43 and I am sorry that you was offendid billybob

Dont have a brother in law. mrs J has a sister.

J

Roomy

Message Posted:
18/07/2011 22:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 56 of 201 in Discussion

Maybe they decided not to pay for something they will never really own, cut their losses, just saying.

johndp

Message Posted:
18/07/2011 22:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 57 of 201 in Discussion

janey.m

Message 54

I will be over early in August and am looking forward to a chat with Graham, Billybob plays an important role in all of this mess, maybe Anita would like to join in the meeting and explain her accusations to me ?

MAYBE THE ONLY WAY TO GET THINGS OUT IN THE OPEN IS TO BITCH ON THIS FORUM, BECAUSE TOO MANY LIKE TO GOSSIP IN THEIR LITTLE HUDDLES !

Jackson/chegwin, give it up youre out of your depth.

janey.m

Message Posted:
19/07/2011 20:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 58 of 201 in Discussion

Again with the aggressive attitude, why does billybob play an important role? If he is a part owner, why hide, be upfront and admit who he is. Why would Anita want to be at meeting with you? As far as I can see, she also stirs it up, for no other reason than to get you lot to bite, she seems to be doing very well,but then as you have posted, bitching on the forum may be the only way to open things up. You can't have one rule for one & a different rule for anyone who does not agree with you or Billybob. None of you have answered any of my questions, you either go all smoke & mirrors or repeat the same thing over again & if they don't have the same viewpoint, you get accusatory. This only harms the site & you could achieve so much, as your plainly not stupid if only certain people (both male & female) would leave the past were it belongs & move forward.

sienna

Message Posted:
19/07/2011 22:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 59 of 201 in Discussion

you will never get this to work if you are all against each other

You have to get this right otherwise ALL of your investments / properties homes will go to rack and ruin.

Elect yourselves properly and run the committee properly then try to move forward, shut the door on the past

At the end of the day surely you have common ground in that you want the site to improve so grab all the help you can do. All owners should work together

Bradus

Message Posted:
19/07/2011 22:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 60 of 201 in Discussion

Without kocans some might say that they have no investment! Are you not leaving yourselfs wide-open to possible memorandums?

Wouldn't the first priority be, to secure your deeds? Why is it taking so long to get them?

sienna

Message Posted:
19/07/2011 22:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 61 of 201 in Discussion

they are still the contractual owners so what everything stops until you get your kochan ? if everyone took that stance you would have a lot of rack and ruin sites, that side cannot be controlled but maintaining what you have got is within their hands.

Bradus

Message Posted:
19/07/2011 23:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 62 of 201 in Discussion

No but a memorandum takes precedence over a registered contract. Whist ever they do not have their kocans it means the builder remains the legal owner of the property. If he runs into debt, guess which assets will be used to pay them?

I am in no way saying they should ignore their maintenance issues and site appearance and safety are obviously important but surely you can see the possible risks involved in not securing ones title deeds. I would be pursuing those deeds. For me they would be more important than the issues being discussed which obviously require attention and agreement but in a lesser degree of importance.

I did wonder if this was the reason some residents had refused to pay the fees? Taking the stance that if you don't actually own it, why pay?

sienna

Message Posted:
20/07/2011 06:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 63 of 201 in Discussion

I hear what you are saying .... now where is that chickens egg !

the butler

Message Posted:
20/07/2011 08:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 64 of 201 in Discussion

Bradus,

I don't own on Turquoise Bay but on a complex further along the coast. We don't have any problems on our site, it is well maintained and everybody pays their service charge. However, we do not have our title deeds after having our keys for the property for more than 5 years, in fact no owner has title deeds. You make it sound as though all you have to do is ask and you will get them. We have had ptp for almost 3 years and so has everyone else on the site but that means nothing. You cannot make the builder/developer transfer the deeds if they don't want to and there is absolutely nothing you can do about it.

The butlers wife

sienna

Message Posted:
20/07/2011 09:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 65 of 201 in Discussion

Mrs Butlers wife exactly both Mrs Butler and myself, not single handed btw, have turned our sites around, not the same sites either so it can be done but not with rifts and personalities and egos getting in the way work together for the sake of your site

billybob

Message Posted:
20/07/2011 09:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 66 of 201 in Discussion

Janey.m

Please believe me when I say one more time that there is more to the situation than meets the eye, I am saying this in a non agressive way, though heaven knows how you read posts as being agressive, assertive maybe but not agressive.

At least I dont make use of !!!!!!!!!!!!! ???????????? like some gar gar people.

Bradus parcelisation & their deeds have been promised for some time now, perhaps owners should start to think about the REAL problems ?

Janey.m what apartment number do you own ?

0maintenance

Message Posted:
20/07/2011 10:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 67 of 201 in Discussion

The title of this thread does not seem to have been answerd yet.

Maybe i shall return in part2

sienna

Message Posted:
20/07/2011 22:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 68 of 201 in Discussion

Good idea message 67.... so where do you all go from here? .. what happens after 2nd August (is that the date) when the current Management company leaves?

Its now time to pull all your rescources togther, have the current committee made a statement on how things are to progress ?- you need to pull together and work together for the good of the site, maybe asking those with experience and knowledge to help before its too late

the butler

Message Posted:
21/07/2011 08:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 69 of 201 in Discussion

I think you need to hold an AGM as soon as possible and you need to vote in an elected committee. Part of that committee must live on site or at least in the TRNC. You all need to stop this in fighting, bury the hatchet and work together, stop all the bickering and move on. If you all spent as much energy in finding a solution for your complex, then it could be a winner in less than 18 months.

The butlers wife

billybob

Message Posted:
21/07/2011 09:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 70 of 201 in Discussion

Butler

If you have been following the various threads on here and on glencoecyprus board you will have seen people have been asking for an AGM for not one but two years now.

Apologies or retractions for lies and false accusations would maybe help as well.

There was an interim comittee with the people living on the site but they were not up to the job, but theres a couple more living there now, so maybe !

Sienna

Good ideas often get pushed aside but yours is a good one,

*maybe asking those with experience and knowledge to help before its too late *

why dont people ask ?

sienna

Message Posted:
21/07/2011 09:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 71 of 201 in Discussion

biilybob dont ask for an AGM call an EGM set a date and do it !! if the committee have not called one then they are in breech of what should happen.

call all interested parties and yes ask for help from those that are experienced before its too late for the site !

Remember you all have a common goal work on that put personalities aside.

Ask someone if necessary to come along and mediate that has no financial involvement

Perhaps Mrs Butler can attend and just give facts/hints tips how they turned their site around (sorry if I am out of order volunterring you Mrs B)

hodgeliz

Message Posted:
21/07/2011 11:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 72 of 201 in Discussion

This kind of split is on another site in the area as well with one lot claiming to be the legal committee another lot saying there not and on and on it goes, but the other site overall is being well run by the MC, Turquoise bay unfortunately is not in a good state overall, I bet if somebody calls an EGM and 7 or 8 people attend

and they set up a committee and constitution the ones who didnt attend will shout foul! and it will go on and on.

sienna

Message Posted:
21/07/2011 12:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 73 of 201 in Discussion

So Hodgeliz apathy rules ... good idea as said where is the chicken & where is the egg! do you eat the egg so you have no more chickens !

'the other site' cannot be compared deep issues indeed - some that you wouldn't even dream up!

billybob

Message Posted:
22/07/2011 09:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 74 of 201 in Discussion

It would be nice for owners to have the details of who is up to date with their payments on the complex and who is not as this is not available to owners to my knowledge, take note message 15.

On the above there were a number of apartment owners who didnt pay any maintenance fees under a so called agreement with Lynx, what is going to happen to these agreements now ?

Are the owners who are completely up to date with fees going to be expected to keep the site going while those who are non payers sit back and laugh at the mugs (I dont like it)

The clock is ticking, less than 2 weeks, before chapter 3 starts

sienna

Message Posted:
22/07/2011 09:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 75 of 201 in Discussion

well one thing is for certain billybob a site will not maintain itself that is for sure !

janey.m

Message Posted:
22/07/2011 13:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 76 of 201 in Discussion

Billybob, what is your apartment number and who is the other owner? Fair is fair. Sienna you a talking total sense, the site will not keep itself, but is to easy to reamin bitter and dwell on the little things. I agree call and EGM. However remember most of the owners live abroad, perhaps a skype EGM would be the best way forward? Or beeter still Johnp & Graham will sort it alll out in their friendly chat. Until then the smoke and mirrors will remain.

the butler

Message Posted:
22/07/2011 13:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 77 of 201 in Discussion

Msg72,

It is no good trying to set up a committee by the few people who will attend an AGM or EGM. That is not democratic and will of course bring about more problems as you rightly say. Every owner needs a letter, asking for candidates to stand for the committee stressing a date on which they have to reply . Once you have the candidates names, you then ask all owners to vote for the owners they wish to see on the committee again stressing a date on which they have to reply. There will be apathy and some owners will not reply but someone has to keep emailing these owners for a response. IMO a committee should not be made up of more than 5 people or else you will find it harder to agree. The 5 people with the most votes should be invited to form the committee and the individual roles of the committee should be given to the people most suited to deal with them. All this should take no more than a month to achieve. I think it is very important for everyone to forget and forgive

the butler

Message Posted:
22/07/2011 13:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 78 of 201 in Discussion

However hard this may be, continually going over old ground is only wasting energy that could be channeled into helping the site move on. Billyboy you know you will never get an apology from a certain person, so why try? Most people know you were treated unfairly but you can't change the past but you can make a difference to the future.

The butlers wife

hodgeliz

Message Posted:
22/07/2011 15:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 79 of 201 in Discussion

Butler, I think billyboy and billybob are two different posters.

the butler

Message Posted:
22/07/2011 15:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 80 of 201 in Discussion

Sorry my mistake, I did mean Billybob.

The butlers wife

janey.m

Message Posted:
22/07/2011 16:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 81 of 201 in Discussion

Ref mess 78. I believe this is what happened last time please refer to my comment ref mess 14 to 16. However, I think it is the best interests of some people to ignore this and claim that they are not a true committe.

billybob

Message Posted:
22/07/2011 17:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 82 of 201 in Discussion

Janey.m you seem to be misreading things.

1/ I asked you what apartment you owned - you replied asking me to reveal mine, why not answer then ask the next question ?

2/ You accuse people of being Aggressive yet it was you who posted three posts shouting (thats what capitals represent on the web lol )

3/ Have you ever taken a minutes thought to why some people might want to remain anonymous and others refuse to enter into discussions on this board.

4/ The comittee is NOT a true comittee, this cannot be argued, and it did not happen last time, the MC (Lynx) were involved and THEY sent out letters to most NOT ALL owners asking for volunteers to set up a comittee and they only gave 10 days notice for people to respond, this was a nonsense and any reasonable person would not argue this.

5/ It is not in ANYONES interest to have an innefectual comittee, which we have had for the past two years.

All of that said it is also interesting to note that Lynx also stated

cont:

billybob

Message Posted:
22/07/2011 17:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 83 of 201 in Discussion

Cont:

a year ago that legal action had been started against two non paying owners, this never came to fruition, why?

Could it have been anything to do with the fact that as there is no legally set up comittee, no book of ownership lodged with the district lands office, no properly set out constitution, no record of or minutes of any AGM or comittee meetings.

Maybe janey if you care to look back over the numerous posts both on here and on http://www.glencoecyprus.com forums, owners have been for not two but three years asking for things to be done properly, perhaps people will now see why Gregs company asked for people to set up a consortium of owners all that time ago and why his company didnt want to get involved in its setup, yet the apathy then was the same as it is today.

Butlers wife

*Most people know you were treated unfairly but you can't change the past but you can make a difference to the future. *

It is not me but Greg that any apology is due to

Cont:

billybob

Message Posted:
22/07/2011 17:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 84 of 201 in Discussion

Lord knows he has had plenty to deal with but he has kept his dignity through all of the mud slinging, and he has come out of the other side knowing that his many predictions came true and a number of people have had egg on their faces.

Yes butlers wife he could possibly make a difference to the future, but would he want to, why dont you ask him when he comes back

keith

Message Posted:
22/07/2011 22:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 85 of 201 in Discussion

Message 72 if you mean sea terra marina site there is only one legal committee on the site which has been recognised by solicitors in the TRNC And the other group is more of a breakaway group who think they are legal but are not, and I beg to differ on how good the site is go and have a good look round at the staircases. Or do you like others only look at gardens.

Keith

billybob

Message Posted:
22/07/2011 23:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 86 of 201 in Discussion

Keith ,

Climb down, never assume it can make one look silly, or it may make an ASS of U not ME. message 72 named no names and indeed I can think of at least two other sites it could apply to, also solicitors in the TRNC made me smile, advocates in the TRNC will recognise those who wag the most money at them, now if you have problems dont beg to differ, go start your own thread.

keith

Message Posted:
23/07/2011 00:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 87 of 201 in Discussion

sorry billybob did not know you new everything and that must mean 2 sites have the same problem with the same committee.also i never assumed read my post again i said if you mean sea terra marina .

will leave it with you to carry your thread on

thanks keith

hodgeliz

Message Posted:
23/07/2011 00:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 88 of 201 in Discussion

Is that not an assumption Keith ? are you not assuming I mean the place you mentioned or why would you post it in the first place ? And how would you beg to differ on how good the site is, unless you assume it is that site I am talking about

In actual fact, I do not just look at gardens, and I did say overall the site is being well run and the site I refer to IS

Pipie

Message Posted:
23/07/2011 10:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 89 of 201 in Discussion

Billy bob

why do you tell lies ??? re message 48 you said you are a part owner this contridicts what you have stated here.

billybob

Message Posted:

19/06/2011 22:18

Reply Message 2 of 2 in Discussion

Wrenny,

:( :( :( :( :(

TQB,

sigh !

for an update ask the one and only

yes there is one and only pool up and running, sigh!

yes there are cracks everywhere, sigh!

yes the pavements and roads are sinking, sigh!

Yes there are still too many non payers, sigh!

Good luck on the quest for title deeds, sigh!

Just glad we dont own on there, but sorry for friends that do

billybob

Message Posted:
23/07/2011 12:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 90 of 201 in Discussion

Pipie

Just glad we dont own on there,

notice the word 'WE'

Stick to rectifying your own many lies if you have nothing better to do

Pipie

Message Posted:
23/07/2011 12:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 91 of 201 in Discussion

Own up Billy bob why on earth don't you just admit who you really are !!

Isabella

Message Posted:
23/07/2011 13:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 92 of 201 in Discussion

I would have thought your priority would be getting Turquoise Bay site sorted out not worrying about who is who.

I think your site is now at a critical position in its life and I feel so very sorry for the owners on that site who have paid their maintenance from day one.

billybob

Message Posted:
23/07/2011 13:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 93 of 201 in Discussion

Pipie I have nowt to own up to, if you have nothing to offer to the discussion I suggest you leave well alone, I repeat I am not who you may think I am, in fact he is not even here just now, and your input over the past 3 years has been to say the least peppered in lies and inuendo,

not least

1/ I blame Greg for misleading me and others into believing the site was complete.

2/ Never three pools up and running

3/ Posting pictures of a pool that was never commissioned and claiming it was photographs taken in two different years when it was the same photo

Do you want further embarrasment heaped on you

billybob

Message Posted:
23/07/2011 13:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 94 of 201 in Discussion

Sorry isabella I was posting at the same time as you, yes the priority SHOULD be that but pipie has a habit of coming in on threads and spoiling them, if she had the savvy to look at my joining date it would give her a clue that I am not who she thinks.

Pipie

Message Posted:
24/07/2011 21:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 95 of 201 in Discussion

Isabella

'' yes ''the proirity is getting the site sorting out and that is exactly what is being tried here. a group of owners paving a way forward trying to go forward to what is to be one of the first self managed site.

The fact that we have negative posters on this thread doing all they can to prevent this from happening, they wished Lynx to fail and now show they are doing exactly the same.

Tell me Isabella I presume you have an elected committee in situ at Sea Terra Bay ?

I presume also you are following the TRNC apartments law, ?

I presume that Sea Terra Bay also has the choce of tender ? is that correct ?

can you just confirm all of that for me please ?

It would be so kind of you to confirm all of this

order to for all to follow any advice you offer !!

I await your reply Isabella

billybob

Message Posted:
24/07/2011 21:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 96 of 201 in Discussion

Hey mods, What is this eejit like ?

Pipie if you want to attack people and argue about other sites start your own thread.

You dont know anything about paying your fees from day one, because you didnt !.

Lynx failed, because of things you have no comprehension of, but f they hadnt tried to pull the wool maybe they would have got more help.

Where are the court cases in progress against non paying owners ?

Where was the five year plan ?

Where were the 75% payers ?

Where did all the water go ?

Why were certain apartment owners seemingly allowed by Lynx to be excluded from paying maintenance ?

Great professional company

woooooooooooo

You dont have a single clue about things, so in your own words *BUTT OUT*

sienna

Message Posted:
24/07/2011 22:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 97 of 201 in Discussion

pipie this will be interesting concept - so how does it all work ?

A bit curious as some 'owners' on here seem oblivious this is abotu to take place?!

Pipie

Message Posted:
24/07/2011 23:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 98 of 201 in Discussion

Sienna at present a group of owners are trying to make waves to self manage, all of the owners as far as I am aware have been informed. Who is oblivious ?

sienna

Message Posted:
25/07/2011 08:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 99 of 201 in Discussion

Sorry its just that some owners, I had thought didn't know what was going on, and no EGM or AGM has been held, well thats what I understodd

Terefore surely a group cannot make that decision without it being democratical decided and voted in correctly ?

Just enquiring how you go about self running a site - fine if everyone is comfortable with it? But who then holds the purse strings how many names does the account go in?etc., It will beinteresting to see how it works thats all as I dont think this has been done before ?

Pipie

Message Posted:
25/07/2011 10:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 100 of 201 in Discussion

Sienna.

The group of owners have a lot of ground work to do to self manage the site, as as we speak working there butts off to do this but it can only be done with a majority of owners supporting.

If Turquoise bay can pull self management off then I would see no reason why other sites could not learn on how it can be done.

I feel sure transparency will be shown to all involved, of course this is a must with the right guidelines followed, self management is not rocket science to do this, just needs to a lot of hard work and committed owners to start the ball rolling.

Of course owners will need to see a laid out plan on exactly how self management would be implimented and taking into consideration the laws of TRNC

Of course the danger is the folk who are hell bent in seeing this venture not working, as you can see from the title of this thread it goes off topic more than it is on.

The great advantage to Turquoise bay self managing is that owners could see a very

cont

c

Pipie

Message Posted:
25/07/2011 10:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 101 of 201 in Discussion

quick turn around for the benefit of the site, no expensive M/C's to pay as all of the income will be going back into site. Very sensible I would say !!

billybob

Message Posted:
25/07/2011 10:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 102 of 201 in Discussion

Pipie strikes again ! the font of all knowledge, just like her whoops and hollers last time, when Lynx were put in place by the developers, and her negatives with the first company she didnt want the place to go forward as she didnt pay 'fact' so it could all be laid at her door all of this, but the 'true' fact of the matter is a majority is not presently possible ! and all owners are not being kept informed with everything that is going on, if those that are trying to set up a self management company do everything PROPERLY then it might work but I for one dont think that possible as they have had 2 years to put a proper comittee and constitution in place and get a book of owners registered with the district lands office, have they done or tried to do this despite the amount of publicity about it 'NO'

So why should anybody put there trust in them now ?

Pipie

Message Posted:
25/07/2011 11:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 103 of 201 in Discussion

Billybob what is your apartment number on Turquoise bay ?

billybob

Message Posted:
25/07/2011 11:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 104 of 201 in Discussion

Let me give people a little to think about.

Unless you have a properly and democratically elected comittee, and everything set up in accordance with the floor easement law and there is a majority of owners on the site in favour it will not happen

To collect monies in the TRNC and make payments to suppliers, as foreigners bring with it many problems.

To have someone locally capable of making decisions in the event of an emergency who is suitably qualified ?.

To have someone on site to collect monies and disburse water to owners, or if meters are to be read and bills issued who is going to be trusted to do this, legally ?

In the event of an underground burst who is going to monitor this and have early warning of it so that it doesnt cost owners lots of money in lost water ?

There is a lot to be thought about and much to be considered.

One thing that sticks out like a sore thumb is the fact that pipie seems to know much more than other owners, can this be right I ask ?

Pipie

Message Posted:
25/07/2011 11:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 105 of 201 in Discussion

Billybob I do not claim to know any more than what owners have been informed about on T/B

Why do you not disclose your apartment number ?

billybob

Message Posted:
25/07/2011 11:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 106 of 201 in Discussion

If you spent more time trying to help and admitting your failings and lies with regard to the goings on at TQB, and give some quality input instead of trying to be inspector Clouseau things might start to improve, but as you are seemingly incapable of doing that, then you should have no right to expect anything you say to be taken seriously.

As YOU said in an earlier post message 20 *nothing whatsover to do with you so keep your beak out.* 'touche'

However as you have once again taken over my thread, the floor is now yours to do with as you may.

Pipie

Message Posted:
25/07/2011 13:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 107 of 201 in Discussion

Billybob.

The reason you are retreating is because you have been found out !!

You started a thread when the title implied a forward way for Turquoise bay, so why do you live in the past .

In my view this is not your thread you sound like you think you have control over who posts, WRONG !!

You may continue to try and scupper the good intentions of a group of T/B owners by contacting all in sundry to support your hell bent intentions. I see few and few people are now willing to support you on this could it be they have found you out also, let us hope so.

I do NOT apologise I repeat NO apology for anything I have said about Glencoe so get use to it. NEVER !!

Now get use to this I support the self management of TURQUOISE BAY and hope it gets off the ground and if I can give any help whatsoever I will do this.

Why don't you come out and say what apartment you own ???

or is it you are nervous to say ??

C'MON we are all waiting ?

kittyfun

Message Posted:
25/07/2011 17:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 108 of 201 in Discussion

WOOHOOOO

Pipie, you seem to think evryone is against TQBexcept you, why ? do you think you can do a better job, all us looking in can see is you attacking anybody you dont like Isabella is this right.

Get a grip on reality miseryguts !!!!!!!!!!!!

sienna

Message Posted:
25/07/2011 20:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 109 of 201 in Discussion

with the greatest respect I think Isabella and the regime she advocates need to be left out of this one !

Also how can a group on TQB decide without a vote that this is the way forward , whilst I agree it might now be the only way , as you may struggle to get a company to take it on - you cannot do this ype of thing with out a vote IMHO

Pipie

Message Posted:
25/07/2011 21:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 110 of 201 in Discussion

Sienna.

Believe me owners have been kept up to speed and in the loop.

This group of well intentioned owners sent out an E-mail to all owners today with some costings.

Quite sensible for these well intentioned owners to do this in my opinion because all owners are then in the picture of all what is needed to be done on T/B and the costs involved.

Maybe when all owners have an idea of the work that is needed to be done a vote will then take place.

I really admire this well intentioned group of owners for all of the commitment they are showing they must be spending well part of there holiday to do all of this hard work.

I support them 100% 10/10 to them all i say.

johndp

Message Posted:
25/07/2011 21:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 111 of 201 in Discussion

I will be on Turquoise bay in the next couple of weeks and am really looking forward to meeting Graham and any other owner who wants to have a discussion re a way forward for the complex, I have already arranged to meet some on there, so we will wait and see what transpires, I for one wont be counting chickens or giving it big wahooos till we see what and how things are to move forward, but suffice to say nothing will happen till a proper committee is put in place and the elements to follow the new law are operating, regardless of the windbags who spout on here lol

Pipie

Message Posted:
25/07/2011 22:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 112 of 201 in Discussion

Is it correct you owe a few months maintenance Johnp no doubt you will hand it over when you meet them !!

Pipie

Message Posted:
25/07/2011 22:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 113 of 201 in Discussion

Oh forgot to say we are paid up till August just in case you needed to know !!

johndp

Message Posted:
25/07/2011 22:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 114 of 201 in Discussion

Anita you are treading on dangerous ground, get your facts right, I am sure you have made enough of a fool of yourself already

Pipie

Message Posted:
25/07/2011 22:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 115 of 201 in Discussion

Oh really !! you are entitled to your own opinion of course, however i disagree.

Moving on, it appears that a few owners are on site at present let us hope the site can be taken forward.

Geoff1131

Message Posted:
26/07/2011 09:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 116 of 201 in Discussion

I have been reading this post with interest over the past few days. I can only see more problems for this complex unless everyone starts to pull in the same direction. To comply with the new Floor Easement Law, the appointed committee must be properly elected by a vote taken by all owners and a majority ( over 50% ) of owners need to approve the proposed committee otherwise any decisions they take can and almost certainly will be challenged. We have taken over the management of the complex where i live and believe me it is not easy, but we are now getting payments from previous non payers and the complex is moving forward. But we have kept all owners informed of what we are doing and the costs involved and we are moving forward and improving the site. Unless you ALL put the past where it belongs you run the risk of having your site get worse and worse. Pipie, some of the remarks you make on here are not helping anyone including yourself. Some things should not appear on a public forum.

Pipie

Message Posted:
26/07/2011 09:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 117 of 201 in Discussion

Geoff1131

I am pleased your site is going forward gives Turquoise bay more encouragement.

Regarding your opinion on my remarks you are entitled to your opinions views etc, now why do I find them just a little one sided.

Geoff1131

Message Posted:
26/07/2011 10:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 118 of 201 in Discussion

Pipie, my veiws are not one sided. If you read my post i did say that you ALL have to work together. I only singled your post out that claimed someone was not paying fees, and this claim should not be on an open forum, it just makes for more ill feeling when you should be trying to create harmony between all owners if you are ever to move forward.

I also think that Billybob and others should try to forget the past otherwise as i said it will all go downhill from here.

Pipie

Message Posted:
26/07/2011 10:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 119 of 201 in Discussion

Geoff1131.

I still think your view is one sided as other posts accused me of non payment but that one is ok hey Geoff !!!

Any way leave this one agree to disagree if that is ok with you.

Let us see if Billy bob and co take on board your advice !!

Moving on to more important stuff yes I agree all involved should be working at taking T/B forward maybe you could offer some advice to the hardworking owners who are trying to make this happen, as it appears you have been through the learning curve of self managemnt. Well done to you all !!

So could I ask could one of these owners contact you personally for advice ?

Geoff1131

Message Posted:
26/07/2011 12:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 120 of 201 in Discussion

Pipie, once again, i am not trying to accuse anyone. ALL non payers will reduce the ability of any mc to run a complex. There are certain views that can be aired on a public forum and other points that should be dealt with by the LEGALLY APPOINTED OWNERS COMMITTEE. The first thing that needs to be done with TB is to contact all the owners and put to them a proposal for the formation of the committee. After this has been done and a committee properly elected then you can begin to move forward. If some owners are at present trying to run the complex without being properly elected you are heading for more trouble than you have now.

I would be willing to speak to any elected committee and discuss anything they wish too, but only if they are true representatives of all the owners.

sienna

Message Posted:
26/07/2011 12:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 121 of 201 in Discussion

Ditto agree with Geoff call an EGM if necessary, yes some owners have worked hard but it needs to be cascaded to all not just choosen few and needs to be legal other wise rifts and splits begin

Pipie

Message Posted:
26/07/2011 12:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 122 of 201 in Discussion

Sienna.

All owners appear to be informed and kept up to date so please let us squash now any rumours that owners are not being kept in the loop.

The acting committee would put contact details as there first prioity after all this makes sense.

Geoff1131

Message Posted:
26/07/2011 13:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 123 of 201 in Discussion

Pipie, i am slowly loosing the will to live!!!!!

You do not have an ' acting committee' if they have not been voted in by the majority of owners!!!! anything they try or are trying to do would be considered totaly unlawfull unless they are recognised by at least 50%+ of all the owners.

I am not going to comment again on this thread as it seems like a self destruct position.

sienna

Message Posted:
26/07/2011 13:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 124 of 201 in Discussion

Pipie/Anita you should know more than most how important it is to be elected in officially first before going off at a tangent no matter how well meaning it is.

These peopele have to be elected first after all this is what has caused this mess in the first place IMO I too am going to butt out as it is exasperating

Pipie

Message Posted:
26/07/2011 15:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 125 of 201 in Discussion

your choice Geoff1131 !!

I see you are not up to speaking to these owners who wish to promote self management on T/B in order to give advice !!

Geoff1131

Message Posted:
26/07/2011 15:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 126 of 201 in Discussion

Pipie, please re read the last paragraph of mess 120. Now please GROW UP!!

Pipie

Message Posted:
26/07/2011 16:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 127 of 201 in Discussion

Geoff1131.

Telling some one to grow up ??? is that how you get the best out of a debate .

Geoff1123 Sienna

As we speak we have a group of owners on T/B complex who are clearly trying to address critical issues on site. No doubt these owners will also address the importance of electing an official committee.

What I find so surprising about you both is that you although you have both been through the hoops of committees, input of the running of your sites and all of the hard work that goes along side of this. not once have you stopped and questioned the owners who are trying desperatly to move T/B forward. You have just listened to the negativity.

Neither of you have seen updates./nformation that have been sent out by these owners who are trying to move the site forward. You have just totaly listened to the negativity.

Sienna

you of all people have surprised me the most you were led around the site of T/B and you made assumptions on what you saw never once questioning

con/t

Pipie

Message Posted:
26/07/2011 16:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 128 of 201 in Discussion

what was going on behind the scenes. Turquoise bay was handed over completley unfinished, repairs were needed as far back as when Lynx took over, broken pipes, broken pool pumps, and a water supply system that needed parts for that could not be sourced.

This what was going on in the background Sienna as you were being asked your views, how can any company such as Lynx been able to get T/B up and running with a glossy finish to the site when these repairs were so badly needed.

One thing I have learnt is never ever judge any site without looking beyond a walk around, I cannot for the life of me understand why you Sienna of all people did not question or reason knowing what you have been through on your site.

These owners who are on site at present spare a thought as they are trying so hard to pull things together in order for families/renters/residents to just get water to the apartments, and all other amenities essential to the running of the site.

sienna

Message Posted:
26/07/2011 17:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 129 of 201 in Discussion

Firstly I was led nowhere by noone, we always take a drive through on our way back to our apartment to see the apartment we nearly bought thank god we didn’t I say

- I have seen with my own eyes the site going down hill every time I am over, despite all the cries on here that Lynx were doing a wonderful job, where I ask, because I couldn’t see it bottom line they haven’t and they have left the site & all owners up the creek without a paddle.

I understand that a few owners are trying to pull together a disaster BUT what I am saying is they have to do it properly and follow the due process you cannot have a 'no doubt they will address this' it has to be done first.

I haven’t listened to the negativity I have seen it for myself and formed an opinion.

Clearly Geoff has experience in this as do I to an extent we obviously can see what you cant and that is if you DO NOT WORK together it WILL NOT work.

Because your site was never completed properly you clearly have cont

sienna

Message Posted:
26/07/2011 17:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 130 of 201 in Discussion

got to prioritise

Yes the owners have got to work hard just to get water BUT the committee should have seen all this coming and done something about it before it got to this stage imo

you all need to work together - I wish you well

Pipie

Message Posted:
26/07/2011 17:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 131 of 201 in Discussion

As I have said I feel sure Turquoise bay will get an official Elected committee. However in my opinion this should come secondary, as at present we should concentrate on supporting these owners who are trying to just get the basics up and running before all falls into disrepair. Just my opinion of course !!

billybob

Message Posted:
28/07/2011 10:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 132 of 201 in Discussion

Geoff 1131

You are wasting your time but thank you for your input, and sienna as well, you can now see what people have battled for the past 3 plus years, the said poster is incapable of reasoned debate and can not yield an inch.

Suffice to say her daughter got a letter/e-mail in March of 2008 FROM THE DEVELOPERS telling her the complex phase 1 was complete and asking her to sign her hand over document, this was duly done, fully 3 MONTHS BEFORE the first MC took over the maintenance, this was also done by many of the owners (one or two of the more switched on ones refused as they were not satisfied) the maintenance package was sold to Glencoe on the basis of these people having signed handovers and on the basis that they were entitled to pay maintenance for the services to be provided by MC, so it could be argued the owners who signed their documents were ultimately responsible for the fiasco we have now.

As for TQB getting an official elected comittee "3 years on" WHY so long.

billybob

Message Posted:
28/07/2011 10:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 133 of 201 in Discussion

In reply to message 131, why should owners pay monies to people they dont know or who have not been duly elected on to a comittee where there is no constitution, this is surely putting the cart before the horse.

All has already fallen into disrepair due to non payers on the site, remember it was you who not too long ago were announcing to all and sundry on here that Lynx had upwards of 75% of the site paying maintenance, this was called into question and you never substantiated it.

You have continually berated the first MC who were on site only 9 months and had no money in the last 2 months to do anything, yet you accepted Lynx increasing fees by 20% and taking half for themselves before a thing was done on site, and more often than not no work was being done, you fully supported them without questioning anything, it is a good job others were more alert, to me this shows how 2 faced you can be.

Pipie

Message Posted:
28/07/2011 10:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 134 of 201 in Discussion

What apartment number do you own Billy bob ? this question you have failed to answer ? Why ?

When you have answered this question maybe it will give all confidence some some that you own or part own on the complex.

As part of the acting committee are reported on site as we speak, why are you not asking these questions directly to them ? is it because you do not own ? come on come clean ?

Going over old ground is not doing you any crediblity all of what you say can be challenged but as you have nothing to do with the documents you have mentioned ''keep your beak out''

Pipie

Message Posted:
28/07/2011 11:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 135 of 201 in Discussion

More negative posts and mistruths from Billy bob who refuses to prove he owns on the site, until Billy bob can prove ownership I suggest this poster Billy bob be ignored from spreading mistruths !!

Good luck to the owners who are making the efforts to take the site forward as we speak !!

gillken

Message Posted:
28/07/2011 11:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 136 of 201 in Discussion

Billybob you seem to have a lot of information and expertise on the pit falls of managing a site..!!! You are unhappy that there is no AGM or a legally elected Committee. So why don't you become pro-active and personally do something about it that will help the site?

I have read and re read this thread.....I only ever see Pippie trying to give support. What is actually wrong with that?...... it seems to be very personal to Billybob?

I see others jumping on the bandwagon.....Woodspeckie a lady of 73 seems to be trying to instigate a reaction along with a few others... Others just think it is OK to be rude to Pippie why?

I see plenty of Cyp44 rules being broken ...so WHY haven't the moderators come on board and done something about it????????

billybob

Message Posted:
28/07/2011 11:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 137 of 201 in Discussion

Pipie youve failed on numerous occasions to answer questions most probably because you are incapable of doing so but that is for the people who read your posts to determine, Everything I say about you is true including that you signed a handover document in March of 2008 on receipt of an e-mail from AL-IN the development company stating that the phase 1 was complete it was accompanied by photographs, they are available for anybody to see.

As for my involvement with others in investing in an apartment on TQB that is my business, not yours and I would suggest you 'keep your beak out'.

Your insinuation that JDP was behind in his payments was also inflamatory as he is not, he was wise enough to pay monthly in advance and all his payments are recorded and up to date since purchase - unlike your payments, however I would doubt that he will be paying again till, to use your words, 'all is in situ'

My posts are neither negative or untrue as unlike you I can substantiate everything I say.

billybob

Message Posted:
28/07/2011 11:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 138 of 201 in Discussion

Gillken no offence but until you fully understand the situation then it would be impossible for you you to comprehend what has been going on and what will continue for the forseeable future, sure pipie NOW wants the site to go forward - as everyone does, unfortunately the people who are trying will find that there are too many obstacles in the way and unless they really take stock then it wont ever happen, why do the small group of unelected owners think they can fare better than two previous MC, and how are they going to pay a fulltime gardener legally without having a properly formed company to employ him, or are they going to give someone backhanders to take him on as their employee with all the pitfalls that will bring.

Pipie will by now have realised the amount of rental income she has lost as a result of not being able to rent out or sell her apartment on TQB for the past 3 years, perhaps that might have an impact on her thinking, just a thought

Woodspeckie

Message Posted:
28/07/2011 12:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 139 of 201 in Discussion

Gillken. And what as my age got to do with this post, at least you called me a lady.

sorry off topic.

Billybob. On topic. Pipie has been asking about gardening clubs, maybe she is going to do the gardening on TQB

gillken

Message Posted:
28/07/2011 12:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 140 of 201 in Discussion

Billybob....I may not understand the full situation....BUT I really do not think these continual attacks should be aired on a public forum. I presume in the next few posts another attack on pippie will be made by one of the usual members that seem to follow you around this Forum!!!

Please try and keep to the topic of what and how you can move the Site forward in a positive way.

Having been in a similar situation in the UK .....the only way it will work is if something is actually done....it is time for action. Get the site up and functioning, build up trust.

The complex is only as good as the MC running the site with ALL property owners paying their fees. They are the ones to blame NOT Pippie

As for "none payers" whom are the true culprits of the site not working......take them to court ....zero tolerance. It is amazing how quick they come up with outstanding funds if they are threatened with loosing their property.

gillken

Message Posted:
28/07/2011 12:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 141 of 201 in Discussion

whow ...didn't expect an attack to happen that quick lol!!!!

gillken

Message Posted:
28/07/2011 12:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 142 of 201 in Discussion

Only took 8 minutes ...obviously fingers poised at the keyboard in anticipation. SAD!!!! I am off now to enjoy my day. Will not be commenting any further on this thread ...had my say. :>)

billybob

Message Posted:
28/07/2011 12:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 143 of 201 in Discussion

Gillken,

Sorry to split hairs but pipie and pippie are two different people on here lol

In the beginning pipie was one of the non payers and she has still not brought her account up to date, if she and the others did, this would help to alleviate the situation and would help to restore faith, it was pipie who made numerous unfounded accusations and attacks, with lies and inuendo sustained over a 3 plus year period, all of it unsubstantiated, but trying to make mud stick, during all of that time TQB has slid into disarray, but that said it is not solely because of pipie, myself or other posters on here, that there are problems, but those that are trying to put things to rights need to find out from those who know what the REAL problems are, not those who THINK they know.

Until owners realise there are deep underlying problems with TQB and put ways of tackling them in place there will be no quick fix solution.

billybob

Message Posted:
28/07/2011 12:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 144 of 201 in Discussion

Woodspeckie

'maybe she is going to do the gardening on TQB'

That would be a delightful surprise, but doubtful

gillken

Message Posted:
28/07/2011 12:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 145 of 201 in Discussion

Billybob....my appologies for inadvertently adding an exrtra "p"...thank you for pointing out my error..or are you taking one hhmmm!

I find it of little consequence who paid what why or when......

You seem to have a lot of infrmation that is not privy to others...WHY? HOW?

I would suggest that as you and Pipie care very much about this site and where it is going you need to resolve your differences and work together.

billybob

Message Posted:
28/07/2011 13:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 146 of 201 in Discussion

Billy b of course not would I ever :>( hhmmm

You have been around a long time as well and you know more than you care to divulge but let us leave it at that shall we - lol

To allow things from the past to be buried retractions would need to be made and that is unlikely to happen, too much has been said & hurt caused, but one or two people have been big enough to make apologies and move on, I dont need to resolve differences with pipie as anything she says about me is of no importance, I do however feel that she needs to resolve her differences with others and at least retract some of the libellous accusations she has been allowed to make on this board over the past 3 years

Ex:

No personal attacks !

Pipie - I blame Greg for everything !

Is that not a personal attack ?

pipie - Greg mislead me and other owners that the site was finished

Another personal and libellous attack, as she was e-mailed as posted above in message 132

Could go on but everybody knows now.

gillken

Message Posted:
28/07/2011 13:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 147 of 201 in Discussion

Pipie has confronted you on this thread asking you if you are "Greg"!!! But you can't be "Greg"!! so why are you feeling a personal reproach from this?

The rules of this Forum states

1. One Membership Per Person

Simple rule. If we notice you have multiple memberships, all of your accounts will be immediately banned.

If you already have multiple memberships, please email Izzet off board as soon as possible.

3. Be Polite

We take the "Be Polite" rule very seriously. We do not tolerate any rudeness. Challenge others' points of view and opinions, but do so respectfully and thoughtfully without insult and personal attack. Any member who is intentionally unpleasant or disruptive may be banned without warning.

5. Freedom of Speech

We respect every member's right to post his/her opinions, on all issues except ones questioning the legality of TRNC.

If you do not accept this rule, do not join to the board.

Any violations

Pipie

Message Posted:
28/07/2011 16:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 148 of 201 in Discussion

Biily bob you fail again to prove you are an owner as you would do what all other owners are doing who are on site at present and speak about your concerns to these owners who are trying so hard to move the site forward, this convinces me even more that you are just out to mischeif make, your negativity shows me you are willing all ways forward to fail. I say it is because you have your own agenda and that it is much deeper than what other posters can see.

If you are so fixated on talking about the past show your evidence of documenation which you keep harping on about let see us see what was signed, you never know a can of worms could unfold !!

Now I will say this for the last time I DO NOT APOLOGISE FOR ANYTHING THAT I HAVE SAID.

Stop talking about failed ''HAS BEENS'' MOVE ON !!

What I will REPEAT is that i wish these owners all of the best for the efforts they are trying to do to take T/B forward. I know for a FACT that more and more owners are in full support of them.

sienna

Message Posted:
28/07/2011 21:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 149 of 201 in Discussion

oh dear ........................ !!

message 140 'As for "none payers" whom are the true culprits of the site not working......take them to court ....zero tolerance. It is amazing how quick they come up with outstanding funds if they are threatened with loosing their property.' ...

which can only be done if you follow the correct process which is why Geof and myself are trying to tell you to do so unless you know a different way of doing it

One thing you are correct about a MC or owners or Joe Bloggs cannot run a site without that little thing called MONEY !

johndp

Message Posted:
28/07/2011 21:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 150 of 201 in Discussion

Sienna

I wholeheartedly agree with you, let me say here & now for the record that billybob is NOT my stepfather 'Greg' & pipie if I ever have the misfortune to meet up wi you I will tell you to your face, but unlike you I dont need to attack at every turn, I lay a lot of the blame for things squarely at your doorstep, you have a lot to answer for and it wont be forgot, trust me, you cant and wont be allowed to get away with putting things on here that are not true, Billy has the proof and I do as well that you got an e-mail on 17th April 2008 from YA-HO properties ltdtitled 'letter of announcement;

Dear Mrs Ellis

As you know and shown in the below photos, the construction had completed and the apartment(s) have handed over.

Do you want me to print it all ?

If people read the early posts in this thread until it was spoilt by pipies attacks they will see that things are being pointed out (not negatives)

Cont

johndp

Message Posted:
28/07/2011 21:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 151 of 201 in Discussion

things that the site cant operate without putting in place, people have been saying for a long while that FIRST you need an elected committee, not pipies idiotic rantings that it is secondary, IT IS A PRIORITY or they have no mandate to take the site forward or to collect fees FACT.

Take a look at pipies offerings, she has not come up with ANY suggestions for the debate, just continually attacking billybob or anybody that puts forward points, these points are NOT negative, it has all been said before and we need to keep saying it till people start to take heed,

IF THERE IS NO COMMITTEE OR CONSTITUTION IN PLACE AND NO BOOK OF OWNERS REGISTERED WITH THE DISTRICT LANDS OFFICE THEN THERE IS NO WAY FORWARD.

We have been saying this for a very long time.

Now I will be in Cyprus in a week or so and will defo be meeting with committee members, and if pipie is there so much the better, she can say to my face the accusations she has made.

johndp

Message Posted:
28/07/2011 22:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 152 of 201 in Discussion

If anybody really cares to read the posts in this topic it is easy to spot pipies contri's, nothing at all for the first 16 then at 17 after janeym had a rant, she came in with "well said" then a couple of non posts numbers 20 & 27, then nothing till post 89 & 91 when she attacks billybob then attacks isabella in post 95, then she took the centre stage but please note not one of her posts gives anything constructive to the debate or answers the questions about possible ways to run the site, excepting to state that forming a committee is of secondary importance in her opinion, if that is her opinion how wrong can she be ???

Pipie

Message Posted:
29/07/2011 00:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 153 of 201 in Discussion

Johndp.

Now let me say this in response to your normal agressive posts, and your present one to me.

I could not care two hoots regarding your threats ok, I have had to much harrasment, personal E-mails stalking lies attacks on this board and intimidation that has failed to shut me up ok !!

Getting back on track this is the one and only challenge I will put to you Johndp you attend the talks on site and get back to us with your feedback. If you are up for it all well and good, if not do not kindly do not address me again !!

Pipie

Message Posted:
29/07/2011 00:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 154 of 201 in Discussion

Sienna.

I doubt very much any owner who does not have electricity, a finished pool, or serious sewage issues could lose any court action against them, do you really think these owners should pay maintenance ?

sienna

Message Posted:
29/07/2011 09:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 155 of 201 in Discussion

pipie

Chicken and the egg

So in your opinion then if that is the case the site goes to rack and ruin that is your only other option.

I am struggling to understand which way and what you do want anymore sorry

billybob

Message Posted:
29/07/2011 11:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 156 of 201 in Discussion

Sienna,

Maybe we come across as being agressive, but believe me its not meant, as said before maybe assertive would be a better word, not to harp back too much but pipie brought a lot of this on herself, she was too quick to point fingers and twist things, so others retaliated and now she dont know how to get over it.

Anybody who has been following things PROPERLY on here and on http://www.glencoecyprus.com private forums, will see a common thread running through the many posts

IF THERE IS NO PROPERLY AND CONSTITUTIONALLY ELECTED COMMITTEE OR CONSTITUTION IN PLACE, AND THE BOOK OF OWNERS IS NOT REGISTERED WITH THE DISTRICT LANDS OFFICE, then you have nowhere to go - no legal path to follow - no rights to collect fees, in other words no authority what so ever.

Most people who have been following these happenings closely have formed their opinions of the major protagonists, and though the G man does not post on here he has held an olive branch out more than once

Cont

billybob

Message Posted:
29/07/2011 11:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 157 of 201 in Discussion

The only way forward will be for those who CAN do something positive and in a useful way start doing it, there is no use in people sending reams of e-mails out all the time with promises, and more promises, that has been done for the past 2 years with no conclusion.

A meeting of concerned owners may take place shortly to discuss ways forward and then those concerned owners may send out e-mails to gauge support or otherwise from owners, if there is enough support then elections for floor owners board may take place, there will of course always be those who refuse to co-operate, but with everything in place properly then and only then can a proper process of collection of fees take place.

Pipie

Message Posted:
29/07/2011 11:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 158 of 201 in Discussion

Sienna.

No the site does not have to go to rack ruin and that is why we have owners who are on site at present sorting out critical issues.

Regarding your struggle to understand what I would like let me explain. I support self management of the site and I support an elected committee, but I am aware that T/B has a critical situation that needs some owners to take the reigns now hence the talks to see what priority's need to be put in place.

sienna

Message Posted:
29/07/2011 14:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 159 of 201 in Discussion

Message 154 if that is a case this is to take to the developer not anything to do with the Maintenenace Company thats where things get muddle and fuzzeled. Self management is fine if done correctly

Pipie

Message Posted:
29/07/2011 15:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 160 of 201 in Discussion

Sienna

The Developers of T/B have not acted honourable if so these owners would have electricity and other issues sorted, so in my view a pledge of priority could be given to these owners to deal with the issues in return these owners would need to contribute to the pot. But as I say a priority must be given to these owners !!

Self management for T/B is more than fine as we all know the expense that can be saved by not paying a M/C this money can be ploughed back into the site, increasing cash flow meaning that the urgent repairs can be dealt with as in the case of T/B.

Of course the self management needs to adhere to correct guidelines, accountability etc, so yes it needs to work in a clear transparent way !!

billybob

Message Posted:
29/07/2011 17:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 161 of 201 in Discussion

Sienna

It looks as if everyone is talking to you now, ah well so be it lol

It looks as if the single most important thing is STILL being lost on this person

YOU NEED TO HAVE A PROPERLY (note properly) ELECTED COMMITTEE (board of owners), A PROPER CONSTITUTION (properly thought out and accepted by 51% of owners), A BOOK OF OWNERS (with same constitution) LODGED WITH THE DISTRICT LANDS OFFICE, facts - facts - facts, no amount of pussyfooting around this is going to be of any help, WHY ? because you will NEVER get those who are non payers to court and make them pay till you do.

A group of well meaning owners is all very well but is useless if the basics are not put in place, lets examine things.

ALL the good meaning people who are supposed to represent the site and keep it up to scratch have been there for 2 years - what has happened ?

All these people live abroad - can they control or have early warning of possible problems ?

The non payers - who are they

Cont

Pipie

Message Posted:
29/07/2011 18:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 162 of 201 in Discussion

Johndp

re message 150 questions

yes print all of the said ? E-mail ?

So what is your point ?

billybob

Message Posted:
29/07/2011 18:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 163 of 201 in Discussion

Non payers - who are they and why are they not paying, (my view is phase 2 owners should not be paying)

And why are they able to get away with non payment - does anybody really know and has it been dealt with ?

(it cannot be dealt with till the critical components are put in place - comittee etc.) The non payers are in too powerful a position AND THEY KNOW IT.

So it is going to continually fall back on the people who pay their fees to keep the complex running, meanwhile people will just put in place their own provision for water supply as there are already precedents in place, and the original sales particulars show every apartment having it's own water tanks.

Who is going to oversee payments to suppliers, (emergency repairs, water etc.) these cannot be kept waiting for their money and DD is not applicable to many of them, and people will not accept having one person here having access to the funds, will they ?, also suppliers will not wait for payment.

Cont

billybob

Message Posted:
29/07/2011 18:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 164 of 201 in Discussion

pipie you cant wait can you, ?.

I think JDP's point is that you were made aware by the developers in March of 2008 that the site was complete (to their standards) and that you were to visit and pay your final payment and sign your hand over document (please dont try to squirm out of it now) if you were not happy then you should NOT have signed that bit of paper, as the developers subsequently used these pieces of paper as proof that owners were bound to pay maintenance and that was the start of ALL the problems, because I am sure you know it said on that form, to the effect, the owner agrees that the development is complete and owners will pay a mutually agreed sum for maintenance to an appointed management company, now lets NOT go over all that again, the paper is to hand if you want to go see G he will show it to you again.

Why did Lynx withdraw from TQB ?, has anybody taken time to think about that, after all they had two (2) years of peoples money

billybob

Message Posted:
29/07/2011 18:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 165 of 201 in Discussion

Should have maybe made it plainer in my last message pipie you previously said you blamed Greg for misleading you and others into believing the site was finished, but you see that was impossible, as you visited the place a full 3 months before his company took over in July 2008 and you signed the said document, so why put the blame on him ? other than for vindictiveness.

Pipie

Message Posted:
29/07/2011 18:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 166 of 201 in Discussion

Billybob

WRONG WRONG WRONG

I am not going over old ground here. I wish T/B to go for forward now either debate about that or do not address me again !!

billybob

Message Posted:
29/07/2011 18:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 167 of 201 in Discussion

Pipie if you keep posting trash I will confront you head on 'live with it or leave it !!!!!!!'

Your call

Pipie

Message Posted:
29/07/2011 18:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 168 of 201 in Discussion

Can any one apart from Johndp vouche for this Billybob by way of apartment number on T/B ?

Checkmate

Message Posted:
30/07/2011 15:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 169 of 201 in Discussion

I own an apartment on T/B. I have payed both the M/C that have been appointed. It is now obvious to even the blind that the first M/C who were in situ was by far the best.

The reason they left was that not enough people were paying, who can blame them??? (surely not even Pipie!!)

Then Lynx came along, the asked for moneys up front. I paid this time last a full years maintenance money. Then low and behold the also leave for the same reason that Glencoe left, again who can blame them???

Now a few people want to try and do what the 2 previous companies could not do???

Is this possible I ask myself.....with a certain amount of doubt??

I have paid both the previous companies in full in the past, but I am afraid I have my reservations regarding paying a committee.

Nobody wants the site to move forward more than me, that I can assure everyone, but I am not convinced that this system will work. Incidently when Glencoe left they re-inbursed me and others with money that they paid upf

Pipie

Message Posted:
30/07/2011 15:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 170 of 201 in Discussion

Checkmate bringing up past M/Cs really is not moving things forward here and you obviously are doubting self management for T/B !!

So my question here is what proposals do you suggest in order to take T/B forward ?

Checkmate

Message Posted:
30/07/2011 16:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 171 of 201 in Discussion

Pipie, I dont honestly know the answer, and I dont think there will be one until, everyone starts paying. And we all know where all that began.......without trying to bring up the past.

I just cant see how us as owners can run the site, properly, within the law, and without falling out. God knows this thread explains that.

I have forgot about the past and just want to move forward, I just cant see this working. I hope I am wrong though.

Pipie

Message Posted:
30/07/2011 16:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 172 of 201 in Discussion

Well Checkmate at least we all have the chance to put our points/sugestions forward and participate. Let us hope a Majority of owners will do just that. !!

Checkmate

Message Posted:
30/07/2011 19:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 173 of 201 in Discussion

Well, unfortunately "a majority of owners" haven't done this YET!!

Pipie

Message Posted:
31/07/2011 01:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 174 of 201 in Discussion

Im my view it will be the last chance for T/B. If a majority of owners fail to vote/participate then yes it will probably fall into disrepair big time !!

micklark

Message Posted:
31/07/2011 08:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 175 of 201 in Discussion

been following this thread because of the pipie element

shes slating all round for living in the past and wants all involved to suggest positive ways forward but shes not gave one way forward yet in any of her posts, just drivel and trying to stir it up with this billiebob who is surely makng a lot of sensible suggestions, ???

Geolin

Message Posted:
31/07/2011 12:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 176 of 201 in Discussion

Agree micklark. Seems to me that Billiebob has posted the correct way to go about things, whether he lives there or not!

Pipie

Message Posted:
31/07/2011 12:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 177 of 201 in Discussion

Our family along side quite a few other owners have sent points and suggestions on ways forward in ready for the site meeting. I just thank the owners who are on site at present who are working franticly to get the basics utilities to the site !! cheers guys.

billybob

Message Posted:
01/08/2011 07:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 178 of 201 in Discussion

Lynx have not updated there web site since May, where are june & july figures, they say there is no money in the fund but has anybody gone in to get the figures and let all owners know where they stand specially those who paid up front, after all on page 5 of there proposal dated 18th june 2009 they say *the web site will be updated at the END of every month*, are Lynx gonna issue a final account seeing as they only gave a month notice.

Pipie

Message Posted:
01/08/2011 08:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 179 of 201 in Discussion

Well Billybob why don't you pop into Lynx and find out all what you are questioning ?

billybob

Message Posted:
01/08/2011 09:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 180 of 201 in Discussion

Lynxltd

16/06/2009 10:12

Reply Message 104 of 108 in Discussion

Thanks for the positive feedback- Lynx's offices are in the center of Kyrenia opposite the law courts for those interested in meeting with us. Communication is of utmost importance to Lynx and it is within this strategy that we invest much on IT to provide client accounts on-line on a monthly basis with total transparency(all receipts are available for audit in our office), and detailed maintenance reports are posted on-line monthly.

At least I am questioning and this was their post as dated & timed pipie, now if you have nothing better to offer other than sniping at me may I suggest you go make a cup of tea for your old man and give your computer keyboard a rest, because your continual "last words" are pitiful

Pipie

Message Posted:
01/08/2011 09:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 181 of 201 in Discussion

Bily bob if you are a concerned owner just ask Lynx any questions or concerns you may have this is no snide remark, As I see it a sensible sugestion.

On a personal note I can vouche for Lynx answering any concerns we have had and still do in a polite and swift manner.

Maybe the old man in your house hold could make the lady of the house a cuppa try a herbal tea sometimes it helps clears the mind !!

hodgeliz

Message Posted:
01/08/2011 11:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 182 of 201 in Discussion

You need to take a few cuppas Anita

Then you could maybe be original eh !

Pipie

Message Posted:
01/08/2011 11:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 183 of 201 in Discussion

hodgeliz.

Try keeping on track do you have any thing interesting to add to the debate ?

hodgeliz

Message Posted:
01/08/2011 11:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 184 of 201 in Discussion

39 posts by you anita and you have argued with billybob, sienna, geoff1131 and others

In message 112 you plant a seed that an owner is behind with his fees, is this a way forward ???? you havnt given one bit of usefull input into the debate and yet you keep posting to get the last word, at least others are trying to get things out in the open.

imho, it would seem that theres too much secrecy among people maybe if Billybob is worried about threats thats a reason why he wont come forward just a thought.

Also youve never said outright that anything he says is lyes so do we take it he is telling the truth and maybe it hurts some ?

Pipie

Message Posted:
01/08/2011 11:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 185 of 201 in Discussion

hodgeliz.

My view I debate not argue !!

I do NOT and have NOT told any lies regarding T/B I have documentation /other owners PLUS OTHER EVIDENCE to back up anything that I have said.

Now unless you can take the debate forward, do NOT address me any more !! Cheers.

breezyboy

Message Posted:
01/08/2011 12:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 186 of 201 in Discussion

"go and make your old man a cup of tea!

Now that opens up a whole new can of worms!

Our thoughts go out .........

hodgeliz

Message Posted:
01/08/2011 14:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 187 of 201 in Discussion

Seems you dont want anybody to 'ADDRESS' you anymore, well why dont you bog off and let people who know how to debate and sort things get on with it, but it seems by the gossip locally that the gnumphs who are around at the moment are also incapable of debate and are not too knowledgable about the ways of the TRNC and if the same gossip is to be taken serious then its going to be a long time in the fixing :(

GOOD LUCK youre going to need it

Pipie

Message Posted:
01/08/2011 18:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 188 of 201 in Discussion

hodgeliz.

re hodgeliz good luck message.

Yes T/B is going to need more than good luck to fight off the agenda that your self and co have got against T/B self managing.

I think it sums it all up when hodgeliz refer's to owners as GNUMPHS. These owners who hodgeliz describes in such a way who's only intention is to pave a positive way forward fo T/B,

I do hope that the Majority of T/B owners see through hodgeliz Agenda and see exactly what hodgeliz and co intention is.

C'mon T/B owners attend the site meeting or send your ideas points for discussion get behind these owners who want the best for T/B and disregard the few that are out to scupper any postitive way forward !!

sienna

Message Posted:
01/08/2011 18:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 189 of 201 in Discussion

Dont shoot me but to put something in the mix here !

do you even know of a MC that will take your site on TBQ - as some may not even want to manage it with all the issues that there are - sorry but that needs very much to be considered.

Geolin

Message Posted:
01/08/2011 18:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 190 of 201 in Discussion

Pipie, I would have thought that ALL TQB owners would want the best for the site, why would any owner want to 'scupper any positive way forward'. There have been very good ideas and points for discussion posted here.

Geoff1131

Message Posted:
01/08/2011 18:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 191 of 201 in Discussion

I have not comented on this thread for a few days, just looked in to see what has been said.

I get the impression that Pipie will not take advise from anyone, she prefers to just attack anyone who happens to disagree with her. Some of her comments ' the setting up of a properly elected committee is a secondary requierment ' is beyond my comprehension.

I suppose it is wrong to try to have a discussion with someone who is on medication.

And if you are not on medication Pipe then you bloody well should be!!!!!

collinson

Message Posted:
01/08/2011 22:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 192 of 201 in Discussion

yawn, just 9 posts left before this poor thread is put to bed.

negativenick

Message Posted:
01/08/2011 22:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 193 of 201 in Discussion

sorry what was the original question ?

Pipie

Message Posted:
01/08/2011 23:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 194 of 201 in Discussion

Exactly Nick !!

negativenick

Message Posted:
01/08/2011 23:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 195 of 201 in Discussion

i'm off to watch some paint drying round the mongers............

oliveoil

Message Posted:
02/08/2011 07:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 196 of 201 in Discussion

My partner is an owner and has been since 2007, and we will echo post 169 by checkmate, we dont post normally, just read a lot of things to get information because the quality of posting has degenerated as aptly shown by posts 192 193 194 195

pipie is only interested in attacking anybody that she thinks is anti her, maybe she would be good enough to let us know about the meeting she mentioned in her post 188 because nobody else seems to know ??

Quoted <-C'mon T/B owners attend the site meeting or send your ideas points for discussion get behind these owners who want the best for T/B->

Nobody who owns wants to see things go backwards although heaven knows the place is dreadful, but those who have set themselves up to lead the way must ensure that everyones points of view are considered and not be refuted without discussion - Owners are right to demand open & fair election of committee

billybob

Message Posted:
02/08/2011 08:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 197 of 201 in Discussion

There has been a few chinese whispers of a meeting of a select few but it has not been made public knowledge, I thought that was the kind of thing pipie frowned upon ?

oliveoil

Message Posted:
02/08/2011 08:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 198 of 201 in Discussion

we are not there at the moment so really dont know what is going on we look forward to hearing of an open election, and anybody who agrees to pay £10000 to a gardener is off their head !!!

sienna

Message Posted:
02/08/2011 08:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 199 of 201 in Discussion

why - would they do that.......... really moving forward and taking on board all owners if true

oliveoil

Message Posted:
02/08/2011 08:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 200 of 201 in Discussion

sorry should have explained we got an e-mail from someone saying that the people supposedly representing us were going to pay the present gardener that amount per year but how can they ?

Geoff1131

Message Posted:
02/08/2011 08:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 201 of 201 in Discussion

This is exactly why you should have a properly elected committee, who would have been voted into office by a majority of owners after looking at the proposals and expenditure projected by those who would like to stand for election. It is a labourious process but it is the only way to move forward. Once the committee has been voted in by the majority of owners, then it becomes manditory for all other owners to pay their fees and accept that the committee have been voted for by more than 50% of the owners and have a right to run the complex. If as seems likely the present self appointed committee try to move forward and collect fees, it would not suprise me if quite a few owners refused to recognise them and refuse to pay. After all anyone could set up a desk at the entrance and say they are on the committee and collect fees.

Good luck to you all, i think you are going to need it.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.