North Cyprus Tourist Board - Ultraviolet - comming soon, for those who buy legal media content
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Ultraviolet - comming soon, for those who buy legal media content

Ultraviolet - comming soon, for those who buy legal media content

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» North Cyprus Property Rental Guide

erolz

Message Posted:
19/07/2011 13:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 5 in Discussion

Comming soon, when you buy a (legitimate) DVD or Blue Ray disk, or content online if it carries the UV logo you will not only get the physical disk, or single downloaded file but will also get 'enduring' rights to access a 'cloud' stored copy of that content. Dog ate you dvd, child decided to spread jam on your blue ray disk ? No problem, with UV you will be able to access that content anyway (on a UV registered device, be PC, TV or media player). More info here.

http://www.uvvu.com/what-is-uv.php

0maintenance

Message Posted:
19/07/2011 13:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 5 in Discussion

Whats the price of a legitimate Blue Ray disk here in TRNC of a new movie?

Any one know?

erolz

Message Posted:
19/07/2011 15:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 5 in Discussion

I am not aware of any retail outlets selling legitimate dvd or blue ray movies here. THey may exist but I do not know where they are. I buy mine online, in south or in UK when I am there.

I find this initative, ultraviolet, very interesting. For too long the content industry has, and still does, try and fight the realities of a digital netwroked age via legal action and trying to impose laws from a previous age and seeks to limit the power of the new age and realities. A strategy I think is doomed to failure. This intiative instead seeks to use the new age possibilites to add real value to the customer rather than criminalise them or place odious restirctions on them. This appraoch has a much better chance of working I think and I hope UV does take off. Buying UV content will offer something different and tangiably useful compaed with a stolen version of the same content. Good luck to it.

zerochlor

Message Posted:
19/07/2011 16:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 5 in Discussion

Its a great idea,but in some 3rd world countries as we know are many poor people who can only just about buy a bowl of rice let alone a BlueRay movie which we are lucky we can afford,so the stolen version does come in very usefull for those countries and of course here in the TRNC,but in saying all of the above,if im totally honest since i have had washermans SAT TV system fitted i really have not visited the DVD shop in maybe 7 months,so in reality i have stopped putting money into the coffers of organised crime groups or pirates,or that is what we sometimes get told at the start of a DVD.

erolz

Message Posted:
19/07/2011 16:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 5 in Discussion

The point is that previously the content industries focus has been one of limting what their own customers cvan do with legitimately bought content, to a degree where a legitimate version of a DVD or Blu ray is actualy less useful to a buyer than a stolen copy. DRM and region coding for example add nothing for the consumer at all, and in fact limit how flexibly the content can be enjoyed. This new initative is an indication that the content industry is increasingly starting to 'get it' at last. I welcome it.

As for broadcast TV model, I personaly think it is pretty much a 'dead man walking' myself and have done for some time now. I personaly get a wider range of content, that I want and only that which I want, when I want it 'on demand'. Broadcasting is an old world model.

As for less developed nations 'needing' stolen media content because they can not afford legitimate, that is not a view I susbscribe to. Access to cheap generic drugs, yes. Hollywood movies, fraid not.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.