North Cyprus Tourist Board - TRNC. Turkish airlines miles and smiles
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > TRNC. Turkish airlines miles and smiles

TRNC. Turkish airlines miles and smiles

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about Flights to North Cyprus

» Book North Cyprus Flights Online

» Driving Directions from Ercan Airport to Kyrenia

» Read about Ercan Airport North Cyprus

paddywack

Message Posted:
29/07/2011 11:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 10 in Discussion

Joined their miles and smiles scheme,bit hit and miss whether you get credited with the miles,anybody else had this problem.

dublinderm

Message Posted:
29/07/2011 11:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 10 in Discussion

Hi Paddy,

There does seem to be an issue with automatically crediting points after each trip.

I have just gone to the TK ticket desk and the points for previous trips were added while I waited. It seemed that they had a record of the journies but the points were not added to the card.

If Dublin is your usual starting point, just 'phone call to the desk and Winnie or Caroline will help you out. I do not have the 'phone number to hand, but I will get it for you later.

DD

Pugwash

Message Posted:
29/07/2011 11:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 10 in Discussion

You can also claim on online, but need your boarding pass stub with the ticket number.

breezyboy

Message Posted:
29/07/2011 11:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 10 in Discussion

The only ones they have missed with me have been for other star alliance companies like Lufthansa.

looking at spending them later this year and found it difficult to get a flight ECN-IST-MAN without spending the night in Istanbul so we will take the long promised stopover for a few days in Istanbul.

This trip is 20000 miles if you don't want a guaranteed flight or 45000 if you do!! Bit of difference.

If you don't know, you can get air miles with a Garanti bank credit card. And you get a lot - well worth doing it if you travel Turkish a lot which we do as we think it is the best. By the time you add all the extras to cheap airlines and possible taxis from LCA there isnt much difference in price or time. Last trip 3 weeks ago only one hour stop inbound and 2 hours on return trip.

The Amex card from Garanti also gets you into their lounge.

MaccMike

Message Posted:
29/07/2011 15:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 10 in Discussion

I, unfortunately, booked my flights under the name of 'Mike' instead of 'Michael' and could not persuade them that it was the same person.

Hedgehog

Message Posted:
30/07/2011 14:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 10 in Discussion

Ditto all of the above. I am an Elite Plus, obviously flying all over the place. As to mileage credit from other Star Alliance members, remember that some classes of service give you only 25% of actual mileage, like, e.g., USAir. Otherwise, retroactive credit has never been a problem. Just keep you boarding pass stub and your ticket printout.

Agree about the discounters. THY is a full service airline. And if you are Elite Plus, you can ovenight in the lounge at IST. Officially you can't but if you stay past the closing hour and show the card, they let you stay, take a shower, etc. Been there, done that.

dublinderm

Message Posted:
31/07/2011 01:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 10 in Discussion

For Paddy wack,

The TK desk 'phone number at Dublin Airport is 0035318447920;

or Email: ie-sales@thy.com

The girls on the desk will help with any issues regarding M&S points.

As a general point, I was also advised to hand over the card(s) at check in each time.

DD

paddywack

Message Posted:
31/07/2011 11:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 10 in Discussion

Thank you DD.

negativenick

Message Posted:
31/07/2011 17:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 10 in Discussion

nick nack padywack - leave them planes alone..............

paddywack

Message Posted:
08/08/2011 17:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 10 in Discussion

Miles and Smiles,bit of a no no as far as I am concerned wife is credited but not me,phones not answered no replies to e mail, sadly it looks like back to Pegasus.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.