North Cyprus Tourist Board - Public Toilet facilities in NC
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Public Toilet facilities in NC

Public Toilet facilities in NC

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» North Cyprus Property Rental Guide

brother

Message Posted:
01/08/2011 17:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 14 in Discussion

In another thread it has been stated that there is a certain impression about the toilet facilities in NC.

I would like to see what people living in NC think or do about their need for public loos.

It would be useful to see a discussion that includes any TC perspective in along with the non native residents.

What do you do? Do you pop into a cafe/bar/restaurant or do you "commune with nature" when you travel further afield?

neilhodgin

Message Posted:
01/08/2011 17:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 14 in Discussion

Boredom of the highest order!!

SourBrandy

Message Posted:
01/08/2011 19:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 14 in Discussion

What a very unkind post.

i have found that if one is caught short, wherever one is on the island, everybody will help. I think this is evedienced by the lack of public loos in outlying places because everybody wants to be hospitable and help.

fosterscan

Message Posted:
01/08/2011 19:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 14 in Discussion

sourbrandy sounds like the uk lack of public toilets in outlying places !

flightholiday

Message Posted:
01/08/2011 19:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 14 in Discussion

Many parish and town councils in the UK are having to close the few remaining public toilets due to budget cuts alongside the cost of repair after vandalism.

the butler

Message Posted:
01/08/2011 19:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 14 in Discussion

The public toilets in Kyrenia near the main car park are always spotless and are the kind westerners use.

The toilets in old Famagusta are also very clean and they are one western type and one eastern type.

In Lefkosia, I always use a cafe or Debenhams at Ledra Street and the toilets in the mall at Ikea.

Some cafe and bar toilets are not always pristine and I avoid the ones I know are not great. What I

have noticed is that they are not covered in graffiti and Sharon loves Jason messages

The butlers wife

brother

Message Posted:
01/08/2011 21:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 14 in Discussion

So, in comparison, it isn't the case that there are public loos everywhere in the UK. It is, I suppose, a fact that in a pub, one could pop in and use the facilities without necessarily being noticed (!). That is the significant difference in the UK (IMHO), that there are pubs almost every village whereas in NC, the nearest equivalent is a cafe in most villages.

If we were to compare the facilities in public beaches as opposed to towns in places like Spain, we could see that the provision is much more developed. This however does not mean that they are always spotless (!).

I suppose the main issue could be the standards of cleanliness but this is so variable in other countries anyway. The more remote you are then the more problematic the provision is likely to be.

So far I'm struggling to find a case for describing a specific NC issue.

Lilli

Message Posted:
01/08/2011 21:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 14 in Discussion

well brother i think you will find it a struggle. In birmingham airport they have signs for the loos in diffferent languages and to my shock different toilet facilities in seperate areas, they were all spotless.. in all supermarkets in uk you see a sin and signature to say thet had been cleaned by the person signing 20 minutes ago, every 20 mins they are checked and cleaned.The council loos I visted charge 20 pence and they were also graffiti free and clean

brother

Message Posted:
02/08/2011 00:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 14 in Discussion

Lilli I think you have described the fundamental difference that I was struggling with. I suppose it takes a certain amount of financial strength to employ the cleaning regime we enjoy in some of the places in the UK.

flowerfairy

Message Posted:
02/08/2011 01:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 14 in Discussion

30 odd years ago, I was heavily pregnant and needed the loo. No way was i allowed to use one in the shops in UK.

Over here, every supermarket has the facilities, it may not be what we are used to, but after my own experience, it's better than nothing.

jamboree

Message Posted:
02/08/2011 01:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 14 in Discussion

brother if you went in your own bog before you left your house then you would not have to worry about finding a public loo...

i personally hate using public loos as you dont know whos ass has been on the seat before you, and all the dry pissy splashes on doors, handles, walls and floors you have to touch to get out after you have washed your hands.

best option use your own bog. if caught short then shop keepers/managers will always allow you to use there loo out here in n cyprus. just dont leave them a big log to clog there bog as a thank you.

plus you should not compare cyprus to uk, as n cyprus does not have even a fraction of the money the uk has to provide public services.

Cocklebay

Message Posted:
02/08/2011 08:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 14 in Discussion

This thread is a load of Poo!!!

sienna

Message Posted:
02/08/2011 08:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 14 in Discussion

well some of the loos in the UK are just as disgusting as anywhere I was at Rutland water this weekend and one of the toilets even had a beware sticker asbestos on roof ! and the toilets themsleves were disgusting !! one of the worst I have been in.

Alagadi beach ones are much to be desired over there - its the same everywhere you go the toilets are only as good as the cleaner looking after them and whether they care all over the world

Troodo

Message Posted:
02/08/2011 08:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 14 in Discussion

The Moslem culture is very hygienic, hence the cleanliness of most of the toilets. The GC’s know this, and it is why they use it as a hate tactic. Most of us know about the vile propaganda used to try and deter tourists from going North, what has always amazed me is how many believe them. There are expats who have been living in the south for years and have fallen for this rubbish; they will never enter the North. When a few do venture here they are horrified by the hateful propaganda they have been fed.

Solution, no way.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.