North Cyprus Tourist Board - What has happened to this forum
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > What has happened to this forum

What has happened to this forum

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

GinaC

Message Posted:
14/08/2011 07:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 31 in Discussion

What is happening on here of late? There seems to be more and more personal attacks and even threats of violence. Businesses are being in my opinion targetted unfairly and the number of abusive posts is climbing.

Come on administrators please clamp down on this as it is reminiscent of the tension that led to the riots in the UK.

negativenick

Message Posted:
14/08/2011 07:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 31 in Discussion

i said this sometime ago............

Groucho

Message Posted:
14/08/2011 07:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 31 in Discussion

NN ha ha ha.... Was that when you were making a personal attack?

negativenick

Message Posted:
14/08/2011 08:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 31 in Discussion

mess 3 - So nice i've given you something to laugh about "Lord" Kayaim....

things must be prtty bleak your end - what with lack of deeds, having to flog the car, shoddily built gaf, postage stamp en-suite (with dodgy sliding door), 150 quid kitchen thats never seen a spirit level in its life, next to a half built building site, dimishing views, A40 missus - high light of the week crib night at the tumba ?

living the dream ?

GinaC

Message Posted:
14/08/2011 08:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 31 in Discussion

Please can we keep on topic, I was being serious about this issue.

dinner-dave

Message Posted:
14/08/2011 08:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 31 in Discussion

message 3 sounds like a personal attack. having just read the rules this breaks one of them.

GinaC

Message Posted:
14/08/2011 08:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 31 in Discussion

It seems to me that when one wants to post a serious message on a subject there is an underlying need from some individuals to divert the thread in order to get it closed down. This is exactly what I'm referring to, this matter needs to be addressed along with the issues I have raised in my first post on this thread.

elko2

Message Posted:
14/08/2011 09:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 31 in Discussion

I believe that there is an orchestrated effort to get a certain individual banned for making fair and reasonable comments about a business. Such efforts are futile.

ismet

reyntj

Message Posted:
14/08/2011 09:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 31 in Discussion

I agree with Tina there are people on here just trying to intimidate and threaten others I would be happy to be banned as this is not a forum I want to be involved with

magicart

Message Posted:
14/08/2011 09:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 31 in Discussion

GinaC

How right you are!

For some reason the mods are prepared to accept whats going on and are even prepared to reinstate those who have been banned for life.I'm at a loss to understand why but I think its political.What really concerns me is that some of the mods are Brits yet they still allow these personal attacks to continue.

They should hang there heads in shame!!!

GinaC

Message Posted:
14/08/2011 09:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 31 in Discussion

I think it goes much deeper than this elko2 it is not only attacks on individuals but businesses plural. Just two examples are Arriva and Zerochlor, I have mentioned these 2 but please do not start your antics on this thread otherwise your motives are obvious. The same applies to the personal abuse again not just against one individual but multiple individuals.

This activity is bringing the forum into disrepute and the admins should take action, not just close the threads but delete the abusive and attacking posts.

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
14/08/2011 09:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 31 in Discussion

Dear GinaC

If you are being serious - then you need to be accurate - some business claiming to be 'attacked' were actually having their fibs to clients exposed..

They mislead clients and then used a mate in 'the press' to misreport the facts and attempt to discredit the person pointing out the TRUTH and even suggested that the mods on this board needed to ban that person - whilst later writing 'asking for their side of the story'...never intending to publish .. :(

Indeed the the 'journo' who LIED about wanting both sides of the story - and published the fib-strewn article - claimed he had requested info from me - beforehand - but has been proven to have lied about that, too.

So, before you seek 'changes' ( and there are indeed some posters who tell fibs, threaten on and off the board ) be aware that some posters have deliberately sought that to silence the TRUTH... and use this board for to that end....

Cont

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
14/08/2011 09:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 31 in Discussion

Sorry, for interupting what may well be a genuine and well-intentioned thread.. but if you view how thread

http://www.cyprus44.com/forums/69702.asp

and

http://www.cyprus44.com/forums/71013.asp

You'll see that this board has actually uncovered a rather sad 'misuse of journalistic position' to discredit this board and myself....

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
14/08/2011 09:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 31 in Discussion

MagicART

As ever, your post is a mis-representation of the facts.. but you don't respond to specifics..

YES - I got banned - but I was allowed back as it transpired I wasn't 'attacking a 'TRNC' biz' - I was proved ABSOLUTELY correct. Members lost out financially - as I predicted.

Now, we have another biz claiming I should be banned for the same thing ( pointing out misleading claims) and we've even had member 'Cornish' misrepresent the mods / owner and myself in a newspaper article.

I ask you again - WHERE have I lied... ?

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
14/08/2011 09:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 31 in Discussion

GinaC

You have mentioned Arriva - they claimed to be official dealers -LIE -and you should know that OSN have declared that they aren't official and that clients could lose their subscriptions at any time... how is reminding members - who may have already lost out with dopi / uran an 'attack' .. You seem to be 'confused' as to who should be under the spotlight...

magicart

Message Posted:
14/08/2011 10:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 31 in Discussion

Gina,

6ms and his groupies are just using your posting to continue to attack Pauls business and he will to do this periodically .Its all part of his strategy and mirrors what he did to Dopi.

AJ resigned over the mods decision to reinstate 6ms and made it clear on this forum that 6ms was deliberatley targeting Arriva/Dopi.6ms has also publically accused Paul of lieing on this forum so Paul is now taking legal action.

6ms is just a nasty piece of work who hides behind a key board in the UK while trotting out his poison in an attempt to distroy a competitor.

Paul has a great deal of public support which 6ms should not under estimate.

DoctorW

Message Posted:
14/08/2011 10:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 31 in Discussion

Well done GinaC,

just when the board had started getting back to normality, you have re-opened a can of worms.

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
14/08/2011 10:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 31 in Discussion

MagicArt

re 16

Instead of repeating 'goosip' why can't you answer a specific question - WHERE have I lied... ?

As to 'public support' .. Where will that be if 'his' clients are subject to the clear message from OSN re his claims for officialdom and 'guarantees'.

As for referring to folk who are avowed of all the information as 'groupies' [ a person who seeks emotional and sexual intimacy with a musician or other celebrity ] well I can only suggest that you are just portraying yourself in a way that you might not have intended...

>>6ms is just a nasty piece of work who hides behind a key board in the UK while trotting out his poison in an attempt to distroy a competitor.<<

I'm not a 'competitor' in 'TRNC' in Washerman's 'market' and please be 'specific' as to 'poisonous' - it implies a constant stream of untruths..

Once again, specifics, please ?

>>6ms has also publically accused Paul of lieing on this forum so Paul is now taking legal action. <<

(cont)

Jeannie

Message Posted:
14/08/2011 10:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 31 in Discussion

DoctorW - personally, I think GinaC makes a very good point and has only said on here what many of us are thinking.

With regard to opening a can of worms, I take your point but I don't think, at the moment, it would have taken very much to do just that. If it hadn't had been this thread, it would have been something else.

Surely this illustrates the point that GinaC is making?

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
14/08/2011 10:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 31 in Discussion

>>6ms has also publically accused Paul of lieing on this forum so Paul is now taking legal action. <<

I have indeed called Washerman a fibber and backed it up / have the proof ... hence you'll note I am happy to (AGAIN) counter your nonsense and to date I haven't received any legal notice. If I do I will be the first to post it on hear and keep members informed...of the FACTS - as usual.

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
14/08/2011 10:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 31 in Discussion

Jeannie

Good morning.. GinaC does indeed make a good point and I can think of member or is it a member - I'm not sure - who DO get very personal and then email threats off board - but GinaC specifically mentioned Arriva ( implying they are 'victims' and we now know of the shenanigans they have tried to engineer - using a newspaper to misrepresent - not only me - but the running of the board...

Unless, I see a mention of this specific instance that needs correcting - I PROMISE to stay out of this thread from now on ....

Groucho

Message Posted:
14/08/2011 10:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 22 of 31 in Discussion

Dinner Dave did you really mean msg3 or msg 4?

NN has never been in my house - why he's so fascinated with my life I can't imagine but can only conjecture that it's because his is so boring. He knows the price of everything and the value of nothing.

The love of good woman is not the same as buying sex.

As for the Kayaim reference - we've never had any dealings with the chap, never met him and would not know him from Adam, so his spies are telling him porkies. Last time we saw NN in Tumbas his quiz team managed to 12 out of a possible 60 - Some people think he's clever - but then some people think....

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
14/08/2011 10:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 23 of 31 in Discussion

Jeez .. breaking my promise... I have written 'on hear' in msg 20 last line and want to cringe.. :(

Pugwash

Message Posted:
14/08/2011 10:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 24 of 31 in Discussion

Ginac makes a very good point indeed and I agree with her. mmmmmm is loving all the attention, he doesn't like to be out of the spotlight.

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
14/08/2011 10:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 25 of 31 in Discussion

Pugwash..

You mentioned me specifically - I admit being amused to see the attempt to slur me backfire SO spectacularly - but the IMPORTANT thing is members now KNOW the facts.. and can make a reasoned decision - kindly leave me out of this and we can have a debate on members who really DO abuse the board...

Troodo

Message Posted:
14/08/2011 11:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 26 of 31 in Discussion

This forum is under attack from GC’s and their sympathizers, many of them come from the Cyprus forum - there is nothing unusual about that it has been going on for years. Their agenda is to spread unrest and frighten off expats - this attack on business is fairly new however. Mm, started here, some years back, blatantly attacking the TRNC with his twisted versions of history, many members at that time shot him down in flames. He now pretends he is a good guy, only trying to help. Many old Cyprus 44 members have left in disgust because the moderators have failed in their duty to protect the forum from theses parasites.

The moderators know this and do ban some, like Pikey, only to let them back under a different guise. I would ask them now to be more vigilant, before this forum loses all credibility and ends up in the bin - as happened to the original Cyprus 44.

Pugwash

Message Posted:
14/08/2011 11:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 27 of 31 in Discussion

mmmmmm I really think you are beginning to believe you are the "Caped Crusader"

jock1

Message Posted:
14/08/2011 11:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 28 of 31 in Discussion

so who's robbing......?

Maz

Message Posted:
14/08/2011 11:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 29 of 31 in Discussion

I am one of the many who has stopped posting on the Forum as it seems to have lost its way. In my opinion (though maybe not shared by many) any personal arguments should be juyst that - PERSONAL. And secondly, none of us has to read any of the attacks nor treat them a of any interest or even credibility. I thought a forum was to help others and to inform Yes, if there is something one needs to warn people of, - just a plain statement of 'do your homework before you ......' .

I agree that people should be banned if they are turning the Forum into something personal against someone with whom they appear to have a grudge.

It is entirely up to the administrators to sort it out. Why aren't they. I am sure if they do, then I and many others would return to the forum they found so interesting and helpful. The fact that the story was taken up by a local paper and was a biased report does not help anyone's cause, but it is easily done where it is difficult to ascertain truth. But that

No1Doyen

Message Posted:
14/08/2011 11:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 30 of 31 in Discussion

This thread is now closed. Reason: Thread was hijacked.

No1Doyen

Message Posted:
14/08/2011 11:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 31 of 31 in Discussion

This thread is now closed. Reason: Thread was hijacked.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.