North Cyprus Tourist Board - Satelitte TV Services
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Satelitte TV Services

Satelitte TV Services

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See all North Cyprus Television (TV) and Satellite threads posted so far

Salamisboy

Message Posted:
13/09/2011 17:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 46 in Discussion

What services are out there,- how do you rate them?

What I would like is provision of main UK channels, not bothered about films, soccer etc - just free channels.

I don't want a 4m dish, couldn't afford it anyway. I did get a brochure for Dreambox which looked ok but a guy told me he lost his channels and had to upgrade his receiver and still didn't get what he wanted.

Potential users like myself would appreciate some reviews from established users. No Vendors, no cheerleaders or knockers of established businesses please, (I wish to see the thread kept on topic) - just an honest assessment of the service you get, what you get, how it is delivered, initial and subscription costs, general satisfaction overall.

Thanks in advance.

Sb

Redwine

Message Posted:
13/09/2011 17:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 46 in Discussion

Now you have opened a can of worms.

My system is OSN great system get uk channels but via osn

gallowgate

Message Posted:
13/09/2011 18:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 46 in Discussion

I have an ADTV box, bought it second hand from a guy in the uk who thought he could get the signal in UK. With the help of 6m's I connected it to the Dopi dish I had and now have HD and all the Premiereship package for £90. Will have to update in 6 months but not really expensive. It is grey market but fairly legal.

Washerman

Message Posted:
13/09/2011 18:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 46 in Discussion

http://www.cyprus44.com/forums/59203.asp

gallowgate

Message Posted:
13/09/2011 18:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 46 in Discussion

Not sure why an ad has appeared. I wish you all the luck in the world Paul but I have had no problems in the 6 months I have been running the system. I understand that if ADTV pull the plug then its gone, but that is a risk I (and you) are prepared to take.

0maintenance

Message Posted:
13/09/2011 22:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 46 in Discussion

I got myself OSN.

I rate it 100%

Picture perfect,lots of great functions on the HD Box.

Also just upgraded to the new channels on sunday,6 extra channels including Granada TV & crime & investigation channel,brilliant,starworld,star movies,and others.

Great service from the company who fitted it for me .

I still have a dreambox,got tired of calling the guys to activate new keys so i could get my channels back on,in the end i got sick of it and did away with pirate card sharing and went for the OSN Premier Plus HD package,now im happy as pig in muck.

Washerman

Message Posted:
13/09/2011 22:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 46 in Discussion

Gallowgate - it's not an ad. It's just showing that we have great customers and offer an excellent service whether it be internet or satellite TV. As a legal business here it's not cheap to bring items into North Cyprus and pay for the licences/customs fees to bring the items in (all goes via Turkey). Anyone can bring something in their suitcase but they are stopping the genuine businesses from earning a living. We have to pay all our taxes, Soysal Sigorta, Iyihat Sandiye (sorry probably got the spelling wrong), KDV, Accountancy fees, Work permits, Company Stamps, Company Ledgers, Company Taxes etc (which are a lot) every month. It's easy for someone to come along and be able to offer so much help when they don't have to pay what we pay here and who doesn't even live here. They should try to live and work here legally as a foreigner and they will soon know!!!!

Gwyn (Washerman's Wife) - trying to live and work here peacefully with our Son, Daughter-in-Law and 3 beautiful grandchildren

zerochlor

Message Posted:
13/09/2011 22:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 46 in Discussion

Msg 6

Good post Amanda..im also very happy indeed with my OSN TV Package..and the new extra channels.

Washerman

Message Posted:
14/09/2011 04:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 46 in Discussion

Gallowgate.....Please don't make assumptions about our business about which you know nothing - our customers know different and it makes you look silly

allycatthree

Message Posted:
14/09/2011 10:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 46 in Discussion

what is adtv?

gallowgate

Message Posted:
14/09/2011 10:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 46 in Discussion

Washerman, I really don't want to join the thousands of your posts that end up with arguments. As I said, I wish you well with your business, I have posted the truth and do not think that is silly. I am aware that ADTV is not legally available on the island but having paid for a subscription it will probably not be targeted in the short or medium term. I was fortunate to acquire the box and card at a cheap rate but know that the annual subscription of £119 will have to be paid when the card expires. I am very happy with the HD picture I have, prior to this I had Dopi which quite frankly was at the time very poor.

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
15/09/2011 01:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 46 in Discussion

Dear Salamisboy re msg 1

If you don't want / can't have a 4.2m dish then you simply can't HAVE the bulk of subscription free UK free channels :(... these are mainly broadcast from ASTRA 2D which is focused on the UK and Ireland

You options are :

1/ use the internet - via a UK VPN - I note two local providers Multimax and Nethouse are offering this

2/ Use a slingbox ( again via the net ) to control a dedicated freesat receiver - but you need a min of 2 Meg download - best to take a recordable service - as when you are two hours ahead the 9pm good stuff is on too late, and it is better to watch it the next evening -itstead of the kids TV that will be on !

3/ Forget UK TV and get 8/9 FREE English lang channels ( Movies, action series, BBC World / Euronews, etc from a 1m dish pointed at NILESAT.. note there is a company offering that at the top of this thread !

Washerman

Message Posted:
15/09/2011 02:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 46 in Discussion

Gallogate...Defending our service, business and reputation against the things that people say on this forum, is our right and most people will accept this. Those that don't are usually, anonymous and have an ulterior motive.

If people who know little, if anything, about what we do and how we do it, speculate about us on this forum, we are entitled to a right of reply, if they want to disagree repeatedly then, I will reply repeatedly.

If people don't want to see or, get involved in a discusiion, they shouldn't speculate about us - simple !

You are not our customer, you know nothing about us and yet, you speculate about us on this forum:-

"I understand that if ADTV pull the plug then its gone, but that is a risk I (and you) are prepared to take."

Our customers know best, not anonymous posters who haven't got the confidence to put their real name to what they say.

Now, if you don't accept what I say and take my comments personally and reply again - what do you expect ?

philbailey

Message Posted:
15/09/2011 02:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 46 in Discussion

try justin.tv

google it

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
15/09/2011 03:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 46 in Discussion

re 13 Washerman

....then expect to repeatedly be asked why you ask for annual payment for something you cannot guarantee but expect folks to trust you..?

Gallowgate IS a client of the one of the services you 'offer' and simply paid a lot less and is more realistic.

Now could you explain this 'ulterior motive' ..?

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
15/09/2011 03:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 46 in Discussion

ANYWAY.. THIS thread was about FREE UK TV channels..... not your repeated posting of 'testimonials'.... that will look just as silly as Dopi ones..

Washerman

Message Posted:
15/09/2011 06:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 46 in Discussion

Incorrect - this thread is entitled - "Satelitte TV Services" (sic)

Now who's looking and feeling silly !

gallowgate

Message Posted:
15/09/2011 10:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 46 in Discussion

Washerman, you appear to dispute my statement that I understand that ADTV could pull the plug. I guess the only way you could back this up is to have an official statement from ADTV.

Anyway, as I said, I am very happy with my tv set up and understand the risks involved.

Good Luck with your business.

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
15/09/2011 10:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 46 in Discussion

re 17

Washerman

>>Incorrect - this thread is entitled - "Satelitte TV Services" (sic)

Now who's looking and feeling silly !<<

- from msg 1

>>What I would like is provision of main UK channels, not bothered about films, soccer etc - just free channels. <

QED !

susiesusie

Message Posted:
15/09/2011 10:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 46 in Discussion

my thoughts exactly..... )washerman)... why cant you pay monthly if the system is guaranteed. would sign up tomorrow if i could do that

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
15/09/2011 11:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 46 in Discussion

allycatthree re msg 10

>>what is AD TV ?<<

Abu Dhabi TV.. a pay tv satellite service broadcasting from Nilesat, and *unofficially* covering Cyprus - i.e the signal CAN be received perfectly - but the supplier does not condone / support any company on the island.

http://subscribe.admcsport.com/en/satellite/

There's a drop down country specific menu on the left as to where to buy direct... but you need to have an address / tel number / Arab IP address to maintain service.

mikey53

Message Posted:
15/09/2011 15:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 22 of 46 in Discussion

I owe an apology to 6m, due to incorrect info given to me by a Satellite company in the UK who wrongly advised that A sky box will work with all channels linked to a 1m Dish, I realize this is not the case at all ! SORRY, I shot the man concerned, he is dead, but at least he wont "dish" out the wrong info in the future, at least its not all bad. I am now on the run for this silly instance of petulance, I think TRNC is the place to lose myself. OK Mark...

allycatthree

Message Posted:
15/09/2011 17:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 23 of 46 in Discussion

thanks m fellow, just wondered, as not come across it before. I was with dopi and have to say it always seemed to be ok when I was out, but I not renewed. Been looking at free sat etc but will need help I exspect. Dont think the uae supply is an option.

eyebob

Message Posted:
15/09/2011 20:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 24 of 46 in Discussion

Once again, Washerman and 6m`s hijack a thread. The originator specifically asked for purely informative comments, but, of course, you two veteran m***n`s are quick to jump in,both feet first.As previously requested, why don`t you both just start your own thread, and slag each other off to your heart`s content.

eyebob

Message Posted:
15/09/2011 20:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 25 of 46 in Discussion

Would also have thought moderators would have been on the ball with the pair of them.

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
15/09/2011 20:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 26 of 46 in Discussion

Eyebob

re msg 24/5

To be 'fair' Washerman hijacked it - as usual - 'pushing' a pay service when the guy asked for info about free *UK channels* Do you see me pushing a service that benefits me?

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
15/09/2011 21:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 27 of 46 in Discussion

re 22 Mikey53

My hide is thick and I'm used to folk telling me, " I don't know what I'm talking about" ...until it happens ;)

Salamisboy

Message Posted:
15/09/2011 22:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 28 of 46 in Discussion

Thanks to all who have responded

It seems clear that FTA UK channels which I wanted is not possible from satelitte but users of ADTV & OSN are happy with their packages, albeit they are grey areas subscibers appreciate the risks. I am pleased that I did not progress with Dreambox.

Washerman - I think you are a bit oversensitive, the posts from Gallowgate did not come across as attacking you but I did wish to prevent a thread where 100+ posts need to be trawled I presume that is your advert at the top of the page and there can be no objection to that and for those who do not currently have a system and don't need a sports or entertainment package it appears to be excellent value for money.

mmmmmm - useful info, thanks. We already have a basic Sat system and can get UK channels online for free with Expatshield & Myiplayer.com but Expat, whilst good, drives you mad withpop ups and system control, Loading and installing Myiplayer has defeated me, slingbox looks worth a look.

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
15/09/2011 22:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 29 of 46 in Discussion

Hi Salamis

Why not try Multimax - or Nethouse - both offer a built in UK VPN.. Multimax are the new kid on the block and I like the cut of the owner's jib.. an ISP who keeps members informed.. you SHOULDN'T need expat shield

Salamisboy

Message Posted:
15/09/2011 23:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 30 of 46 in Discussion

OK 6m - so that's Multimax, Nethouse, Slingbox plus Justin.tv (tnx philbailey) to look at, that should take care of tomorrow morning.

All the best,.

Sb.

Cocklebay

Message Posted:
16/09/2011 09:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 31 of 46 in Discussion

Here we go again, once again Paul A has taken the bait, much to 6ms delight!!!!!!

Washerman

Message Posted:
16/09/2011 09:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 32 of 46 in Discussion

Cocklebay (Adrian) that really is schoolboy playground - you must be very bored

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
16/09/2011 10:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 33 of 46 in Discussion

Cocklebay - the only 'bait' Washerman needs to 'rise' to, is a promise to refund the 'lost' part of any annual subscription 'lost'..if / when he clients lose their ability to receive the channels they paid for...but he now tells us the "clients know the risks"....

DO they?.. If he was SO confident, wouldn't he have jumped at the chance to 'shut me up'....?

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
16/09/2011 11:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 34 of 46 in Discussion

re msg 7 Washerman ( Mrs )

IF you wish to earn a peaceful and 'legal' living - then rather than play the sympathy card - don't rely in offering a 'hooky' service.. You speak of 'legality' - yet OSN have clearly stated that services supplied by you could be suspended at any time.......

Now, after 'pushing' Washerman ( finally) posts that clients " know the risks" ... and won't offer a guarantee of a refund in the event of a clients inability to receive what they've paid annually for..

rigsby

Message Posted:
16/09/2011 11:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 35 of 46 in Discussion

Mark,Once again you have started on a TRNC business.You dont live there,you never have.You never had a problem supplying Sky in the south and thats as we all know is outside Sky,s area.Double standards i think.Give it a rest.

Salamisboy

Message Posted:
16/09/2011 13:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 36 of 46 in Discussion

I have learned what I needed to know and I imagine it has been useful for some others too but there really is no point in continuing the same arguments on this thread which can be found on so many others so give us a break guys.

I guess we have already formed our opinions. When it comes to what we are prepared to pay then some people shop at Harrods whilst others use Primark As for unanswered questions, well they ain't gonna get answered after all this time so what is the point of continuing the saga? Mind you when I look at the viewing totals for these threads, thet appear to top the ratings just like Corrie, mine is probably a minority view.

Seems like time to close the thread.

All the best,

Sb.

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
16/09/2011 16:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 37 of 46 in Discussion

Rigsby, re 35

Yes, N.Devon was VERY nice, thanks - shame about the hailstorms..and I must have missed your reply about looking you up ;)

No double stds.. I've not claimed 'officialdom', nor am I making false claims or advertising, and I advise folk how to get stuff at cost..

As for 'attacking' another 'TRNC' biz - you seem to forget that I also praise when worthy... you're being a tad 'selective'...

rigsby

Message Posted:
16/09/2011 23:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 38 of 46 in Discussion

Off Topic a little,Sorry mods.Mark there was no reply about meeting you because i have no wish too.And no i am not being selective,you used to slate off Agip but praise Iceman.As i have said before Cyprus was not good for you.Get over it.

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
17/09/2011 02:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 39 of 46 in Discussion

re 38 Clive

>>i am not being selective,you used to slate off Agip but praise Iceman<<

and RIGHTLY, so.. you used the correct tense... the former WAS unreliable - but since he has settled down and had a family I'd say he was a reformed character...

Anyway, I realised you chose not to meet and I'm genuinely sorry you feel the way you do.. but I HOPE - in time - you'll 'get it' and me !

Washerman

Message Posted:
17/09/2011 06:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 40 of 46 in Discussion

Now, he accuses Agip of being "unreliable" - he really does have a nerve doesn't he ?

BUT, if this comment from a previous customer of his, is anything to go by, he does at least know what "unreliable" is !

Here, he has been accused of being a cheat and a liar by one of his ex-customers:

http://cyprus.angloinfo.com/forum/topic.asp?topic_id=7783

He has had 3 and a half years to respond to his customer and hasn't. Anything he says now is irrelevant.

magicart

Message Posted:
17/09/2011 08:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 41 of 46 in Discussion

Washerman,

Dont rise to the bait-this guy is psychotic and is in need of professional help.

He gets his kicks from publicity and the need to feel important.

Most people are now aware of his motives so just let your excellent TV package and service do the talking.

As for his constant rambleings about credit card payment-your customers will decide if this is risky -not him so please just ignore him.

Cocklebay

Message Posted:
17/09/2011 08:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 42 of 46 in Discussion

Washerman re message 32. Paul that is rich coming from you!!! By the way the majority of people know that cocklebay is me. I have no reason to be secretive about any of my postings!!!! One day your Prince will come!!, mark my words!!!

Washerman

Message Posted:
17/09/2011 08:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 43 of 46 in Discussion

http://www.cyprus44.com/forums/59203.asp

Deniz1

Message Posted:
17/09/2011 09:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 44 of 46 in Discussion

Shall we award thse guys the most boring posters of the month?

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
17/09/2011 10:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 45 of 46 in Discussion

re Washerman

re msg 40

>>He has had 3 and a half years to respond to his customer and hasn't.<<

Is this 'fact' a bit like your assertion that registering a domain in Cyprus, but having a UK registered entity was 'dodgy' ?! It is noted you forgot to mention ' Nigel bit' who we did find and posted that the matter WAS closed to his satisfaction...

In the meantime what is your action plan for explaining to MagicArt and his ilk, when my prophesy comes around.. Yeah, 'we' know now.. your clients "know there's a risk".. I wonder would they actually KNOW that at all - if you could 'control' all the media in Cyprus... ?!

Tick, tock...:(

frogy

Message Posted:
17/09/2011 21:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 46 of 46 in Discussion

digit surpreme very good great service.this service works in uk .adil top man

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.