North Cyprus Tourist Board - Rotten News for those with 1.8m dishes relying on the red button :(
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Rotten News for those with 1.8m dishes relying on the red button :(

Rotten News for those with 1.8m dishes relying on the red button :(

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Follow North Cyprus News with Cyprus44 News

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
15/09/2011 02:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 84 in Discussion

Sorry to report that BBC News 24 and BBC Parliament will be 'disappearing' to those with 1.8m.. ths will mean the red button services - allowing F1 practice / qualifying sessions and the live race / F1 replays / forums will cease to be available :( Things start happening on the 19th and it will all be gone on the 26th )

This saves the BBC dosh as broadcasting on a more powerful satellite ( Astra 2B) costs more..

http://wotsat.techradar.com/news/bbc-downsizes-red-button-services-uk-sat-31-08-11

I 'grateful' to a member who mentioned this article and I was able to find the link.. Those with 4.2m dishes will not be affected.

Washerman

Message Posted:
15/09/2011 02:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 84 in Discussion

So, it's the service that you have been recommending that has disappeared.

I wonder what people will think about that ?

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
15/09/2011 03:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 84 in Discussion

I'd not be TOO hasty, Washerman.. tick, tock

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
15/09/2011 03:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 84 in Discussion

BTW.. For those getting SKY stuff via a 1.8m - your subscription channels are NOT affected..

Washerman

Message Posted:
15/09/2011 03:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 84 in Discussion

"NOT affected" unless that is, a further change is made, over which, your 1.8m and 4.2m dish suppliers have no control, in which case, your channels may disappear at any time !!!

You can rely on a few things however:-

'I' will not repeatedly choke members with this information

'I' will not target a particular supplier of 1.8m/4.2m dishes repeatedly and use the fact that 'none' of them have any control over the services that they are offering to maliciously speculate about their service

'I' will not be saying "I told you so" if and when the rest of the services suddenly disappear from those who are using 1.8m and 4.2m dishes.

Most importantly, 'I' will not be repeatedly writing to Sky and reporting the users of 1.8m and 4.2m dishes for receiving Sky's programming outside the area for which Sky have paid the programme's copyright owners.

Why, when he 'pushed' this service on this forum, did 6 x m's not warn members that this may happen - was he not being honest ?

Jeannie

Message Posted:
15/09/2011 03:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 84 in Discussion

I'm off to bed (it's late) but:

"Seconds out - round one"

And may the best man win

To all - just a lighthearted comment, by the way.

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
15/09/2011 04:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 84 in Discussion

Night night, Jeannie,

@ Washerman

Suggest you check old threads a LOT better before making yourself look even MORE sillier than usual...

Hint: check back re launch of new bird replacing Astra 2D in 2014...

In the mean time, posting information for members who might wake up and wonder 'Where's it [ red button service / BBC News 24] 'gone'? is hardly choking members...

The irony of you making such a comment - as YOU are the one who posts ads across these board for a PAY service you can't / won't guarantee - could only be missed by your good self :D ....

I wrote to OSN because you claimed officialdom [ and AJ had banned me for posting a link that showed you were 'economical with the truth] ... and NOW you refer to 'risks' and have reduced your prices... All I want to hear from you is that you'll guarantee to repay any lost subs .. the fact you won't shows you KNOW what I say holds weight...

Washerman

Message Posted:
15/09/2011 05:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 84 in Discussion

You write to OSN because you want to cause problems for users of OSN - in the same way that you caused problems for Dopi's customers and ultimately, cost their users a lot of money.

You do this not to help people in the TRNC, you do it to 'prove' that your predictions are right - to 'Big' yourself up ! - Quite sad really.

When you were recommending/pushing the Sky system to board members, you should have warned people of the risks involved - that their channels could suddenly disappear and that the firm that you recommended had no control over the services that they were offering, but you didn't - why ?

You were too busy doing a hatchet job on the service that we were offering - much cheaper and it seems a much more reliable service !

What bit of credibility you had is gone - if I were you, I'd focus your 'trolling' efforts elsewhere where people give a damn !

AND your right, the clock is ticking - its been over a year since you started your campaign and in that time, we

cont./

Washerman

Message Posted:
15/09/2011 05:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 84 in Discussion

have increased our customer base x 10 and if people get in touch with us before the end of this month, they will be enjoying OSN TV before Christmas - 0533 869 4372

Is that why you 'rant' about our service ? Because you don't like 'us' (a TRNC registered business) "advertising" (as you put it) on a TRNC forum ?

I think that you have made this personal and that this is what motivates you - members should be 'very' wary of anything that you post here.

I don't need to post a link to the other forum with the posting from your 'very' dissatisfied ex-customer because I have widely 'advertised' it elsewhere and when I post it here, so, that members can judge you by your actions and not your words, the admin's don't like it or, is this just piffle ?

foodie

Message Posted:
15/09/2011 06:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 84 in Discussion

After reading all of the above. Thank god I only rely on Digiturk with not a lot of outlay. There is plenty on there to keep me happy.

Deniz1

Message Posted:
15/09/2011 07:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 84 in Discussion

You two are soooooooo boring just shut up. We can decide what service to use without your constant chidish bickering.

Cocklebay

Message Posted:
15/09/2011 07:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 84 in Discussion

So very tedious and boring!!!!

cooper

Message Posted:
15/09/2011 08:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 84 in Discussion

What are you two on about now ?? i just cant put me finger on it !!

0maintenance

Message Posted:
15/09/2011 09:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 84 in Discussion

Oh my lord......

Thanks be jesuz i never got miself one of them big ugly dishes or i would of lost me lille red button and been left high n dry again with listening to info from 6m.

I suppose i could of used to big ugly dish to try and beat the world record for making the biggest paella !

Deniz1

Message Posted:
15/09/2011 09:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 84 in Discussion

Good idea O can i come and help?

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
15/09/2011 10:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 84 in Discussion

re msg 8

>>You write to OSN because you want to cause problems for users of OSN - in the same way that you caused problems for Dopi's customers and ultimately, cost their users a lot of money. <<

'Thanks', Washerman..but I gave my explanation re OSN.. nice attempt at 'buck passing' ... If/ When OSN client lose their service they can all blame ME instead of you ))) ..

re Dopi.. you DO remember your post when you tell everyone that Dopi won't be able to show OSN after a certain date - then announcing you could supply the new kit ?! ;)..or the post where you have a 'pop' at a Dopi client who has been duped?

http://www.cyprus44.com/forums/67512.asp

Do you need me to find the spat between your good-self and the owner of Uran .. the company that supplied Dopi ?!..

In the meantime, your refusal to guarantee a refund for clients paying for a year up front losing part of their subscription for a service you can't maintain is 'telling'....

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
15/09/2011 10:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 84 in Discussion

Dear Zero clue - re msg 14

The big paella dishes aren't effected.. just the 1.8m ones.. lest you forget, anyone taking my advice can STILL get SKY stuff... but there weren't subscribing - the service was free.

I hope you'll be so 'vocal' when / if you lose your subscription service.....

StGeorgeI

Message Posted:
15/09/2011 11:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 84 in Discussion

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz..........

CarrieRBag

Message Posted:
15/09/2011 11:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 84 in Discussion

Why don't you two boys start your own forum and then you can go hammer and tongs at each other to your hearts delight.

speakeasy111

Message Posted:
15/09/2011 18:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 84 in Discussion

Firstly this is supposed to be an adult forum for friendly talk advice and bit of communication amongst friends

but for weeks now I have noticed this guy Mark(6M) and Washerman(Paul) at loggerheads!

Now Mark does not live on the Island and I believe has never been North and lives in Gloucestershire ? has no idea of the real things that happen here and just to update him ! when TV was going to change Dobi, Digital Supreme and all of them announced there would be no problem we can supply.

They knew they were wrong and lost customers over it and everyone switched suppliers and Paul advertised his company- Dont think you know this Mark ? or do you not want to? everything changed some survived, some closed or changed names.

Why do you Mark make this a vendetta against Paul? whom I have known since 2007 and Mark pops up from the UK starting all this. Is it because at home you have tooo many cooks stirring the broth and the only place you can stir is on here?

from all of us pack it in

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
15/09/2011 21:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 84 in Discussion

re 20

speakeasy111

Every so often, someone 'new' starts posting - and makes interesting conclusions about my life..viz : ;)

>>Now Mark does not live on the Island and I believe has never been North and lives in Gloucestershire ? has no idea of the real things that happen here<<

I don't know how you draw your 'conclusions', ( I 'expect' you've been listening too much to 'Washerman' ) but suggest you ask ME before looking 'silly'..

A little 'cluelet' for you....

http://www.flickr.com/photos/veta_mark/1842947632/ We were invited over from Limas(s)ol for the weekend.. ( We came over 1 weekend in 4, probably .. )

Looked at a house in 'the north' but derive my income from 'the south' and unless the crossing points were easy to cross and a political settlement agreed - wasn't going to commute.

Love the island and been to most villages..

Worked in the Comms industry - specifically Sat for ( a LOT ) longer than W/man and know when BS is posted... OK ? !

0maintenance

Message Posted:
15/09/2011 21:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 22 of 84 in Discussion

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sxk-6SZZk4

here we go again. ive got a bigger dish.

well i thought it was funny

stelee77

Message Posted:
15/09/2011 21:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 23 of 84 in Discussion

6ms

well it looks like you have a colourfull life.

Do you prefer the north.

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
15/09/2011 22:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 24 of 84 in Discussion

stelee77

re msg 23

>>well it looks like you have a colourfull life. <<

I'm not sure you are being sincere.. if you are 'thanks.. I do like to see new places and immerse myself in the local 'politics'

>>Do you prefer the north.<<

I prefer the beaches, and a lot of the topography, yes.. but I PREFER the coast of Turkey...

stelee77

Message Posted:
15/09/2011 22:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 25 of 84 in Discussion

6ms

Where do you plan to settle,or retire.

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
15/09/2011 22:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 26 of 84 in Discussion

re 25

Stelee

We're a long way off THAT...

2 out of three kids at UNI to get through and parents and even a Grandparent still alive and getting frailer.. Wifey currently happier in the UK than in Cyprus..

Who knows, we might live in Siberia for a while.. it certainly has better summers than the UK's been getting ;)

minertor

Message Posted:
15/09/2011 23:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 27 of 84 in Discussion

I'm sure that most of us, ok, some of us, or at least, one or two of us, are intrigued by the animosity between mmmmmm and washerman. I've never met mmmmmm but he looks quite capable, physically, on his pic. I have met washerman, he certainly looks physically "capable". Now there is no way of measuring "heart" from a photo, or a perfunctory meeting.

Would the membership be interested in testing the heart of these two protagonists, "mano y mano".

At least it may stop the one from slating the other. Like Robbie Williams did when he got fed up with Liam Gallagher running him down, then Liam backing down.

T

all income from ticket sales to Ismail.

stelee77

Message Posted:
16/09/2011 00:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 28 of 84 in Discussion

Charity boxing good idea.

proger1

Message Posted:
16/09/2011 01:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 29 of 84 in Discussion

Mark, I really don't want this to sound like a personal attack against you because I know that it will just raise your hackles and make you a little less bearable but stelee asked you 2 questions that could be answered very easily however as you always do, have twisted them to be able to answer the question in a way that makes you sound superior, if only in my understanding of your posts.

To try and be as neutral as possible because I am like every other member that I know, sick and tired of your vendetta, I would like to ask a very simple question.

How many countries are you trying to convince that your suggestions are in the best interest of every inhabitant with regards to the psychic evaluations you have in regards to all those exoteric situations.

I have decided that I will have an agenda and it is to destroy somebodies business in the UK because I think it will be a great jolly and keep me off the streets, who cares if the family starves as long as I look good.

Please unders

Washerman

Message Posted:
16/09/2011 02:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 30 of 84 in Discussion

"Rotten News for those with 1.8m dishes relying on the red button :("

6 x ,m's just doesn't get it - he has spent the last 18 months coming on this forum telling people (amongst many other things) that our customers could lose their service at any time (maliciously speculating) and then 'bold' as 'brass' posts a message telling all the people that he recommended to the Sky 1.8m dish system that they are foing to lose paer of their service.

During the same time, he has been issuing warnings telling people that we have no control over our service and then, admits that the suppliers of the service that he has been recommending has absolutely no control over their service !

Then, does he warn them that they could lose the rest of their service at any time - dependendant upon whether or not Sky, ITV or, any of the others decide to make a decision in the best interests of their clientelle in the UK which may mean discontinuation of the service for people with 1.8m and 4.2m dishes here

Washerman

Message Posted:
16/09/2011 03:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 31 of 84 in Discussion

No, he doesn't.

Now, unlike 6 x m's (and this is where we differ completely) I am definitely not the type of person to say "I told you so" but I have been trying to warn people about the predictions that he has been making (malicious speculation) on this forum BUT for me, the biggest laugh is that we have just added 6 new channels to one of our TV packages, wheras the package that 6 x m's has been recommending is losing channels.

Does he come on here and apologise to all those people who 'went' with his recommendation and admit that he should have told (warned) them that the service that he was recommending could lose any or, all channels at any time ? - No

He just describes it as "Rotten News"

This is the second time that people who have followed his advice have lost out !

However, I think that people have had enough of him because we have seen an upsurge in enquiries and sales in the last two weeks - especially with the introduction of the ITV Granada channel into the package

Washerman

Message Posted:
16/09/2011 03:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 32 of 84 in Discussion

We have upgraded the packages of a lot of our customers this week who are now enjoying 6 extra channels:-

ITV Granada, Star Movies, Star World, Crime and Investigation and 2 National Geographic channels.

The upgrade doesn't involve taking your receiver anywhere, just let us know that you want to upgrade and it will be done through the satellite.

For the best and most reliable (24 x 7) customer service from the company with the 7 year 'proven' track record, telephone 0533 869 4372

Cocklebay

Message Posted:
16/09/2011 07:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 33 of 84 in Discussion

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!

0maintenance

Message Posted:
16/09/2011 08:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 34 of 84 in Discussion

Well all i can say with regards to the RED Button is that if i had of bought a great big expensive WOK fitted in my garden or on the roof i would be devastated in losing my little RED Button , but i boxed clever and went for the other RED Button and a itsy whincy tiny dish and got 6 extra channels in the bargain.

Now thats what i call Great TV

Washerman

Message Posted:
16/09/2011 08:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 35 of 84 in Discussion

Cocklebay (Adrian - at least you are not anonymous any longer)....let's see - first, you read the title of the thread then, you click on it to read it then, you click "post reply" then, you type.....................

If your tired or, bored, why bother ?

Is someone forcing you to read it ?

0maintenance

Message Posted:
16/09/2011 08:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 36 of 84 in Discussion

curiosity killed the cat

lets hope

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
16/09/2011 10:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 37 of 84 in Discussion

Washerman, where WILL you live when they all blows up it your face?.. Which it will.. :(

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
16/09/2011 10:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 38 of 84 in Discussion

re msg 31

>>6 x ,m's just doesn't get it - he has spent the last 18 months coming on this forum telling people (amongst many other things) that our customers could lose their service at any time (maliciously speculating) and then 'bold' as 'brass' posts a message telling all the people that he recommended to the Sky 1.8m dish system that they are foing to lose paer of their service. <<

FACT: you started pushing OSN on here- warning clients of "pirate DOPI" - your words - when they would lose this 'service' - stating you could supply using "official"receivers - then even claiming "officialdom" on a website in August 2010 - I make that 13 months..

Do you remember how long I was warning Dopi users not to resubscribe - before they started losing the ability to receive many channels... those that TOOK the 'hint' saved a lot of money.. hopefully, wiser members are doing the same re your "official" supply of OSN ? ...

(cont)

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
16/09/2011 11:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 39 of 84 in Discussion

Now.. when I offer to 'shut up' if you promise to refund any unusable portion of an annual payment of a subscription, you say - "members know the risks"... ?!

THIS thread was merely informing folk with smaller dishes about the sad loss of a free service - you have tried to use it to promote a PAY service that lines your pocket.. ..but it's 'OK' ... "members know the risks"

I hope they can pay by credit card... and get a charge back...

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
16/09/2011 11:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 40 of 84 in Discussion

re 29

Paul,

>>stelee asked you 2 questions that could be answered very easily however as you always do, have twisted them to be able to answer the question in a way that makes you sound superior, *****if only in my understanding of your posts.***** <<

Thank you....for ****YOUR**** opinion of my posting style... Coming from a guy who refuses to take my SKYPE calls, and publishes this on the forum - your 'forgive' me if I'm not a tad 'bewildered'...:(

proger1

Message Posted:
16/09/2011 11:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 41 of 84 in Discussion

So, you are still not going to answer someone elses questions because I won't take your skype calls, which is because I don't think you deserve to get off board excuse chances when you spend so much time attacking people in public.

Try answering this then, how many other countries do you spend time trying to convince people that they are not getting the best deal on a service they are paying for.

and

If the answer is just North Cyprus, then for god's sake give us a good reason why?

Nobody in there right mind would go through all of this effort just to be a helpful person to people they don't even know, the same people who will end up losing a service that they have no problems with at the moment but will in the end because you have done everything in your power to block to prove you

were correct.

I just hope the members are able to see this because the mods seem to be turning a blind eye to your acts.

stelee77

Message Posted:
16/09/2011 12:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 42 of 84 in Discussion

Im guessing he's been divorced, things have not been going his way, he could not make it work in limassol, to much competition. He said two months ago if he had a win on the lottery he would by a place in north cyprus, did not mention anywhere else. I would guess he's waiting for a slice of that nice family home in his photo collection, and is eyeing up the north cyprus satellite market, ready for his move.

The frail grandparent would be the new wifes.

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
16/09/2011 13:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 43 of 84 in Discussion

I have simply tried to call you to discuss our 'misunderstandings.. but you simply try to 'lecture' me publicly..

I 'attack' anyone posting misinfo... and it isn't confined to Cyprus.. but I do have a life there...

As with MagicArt, I appreciate your 'advice' re my mind-set !

You tried to use an Arab service and had a problem and seemingly blame me - but you didn't CONTACT me ..your example is a clear sign of what will happen when Washerman's house of cards blows down..

re Steele77

( msg 42) confirms the question wasn't really genuine.. and I'll leave them to their 'theories'... :(

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
16/09/2011 14:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 44 of 84 in Discussion

re 43 - my response is addressed to Proger1

BTW I can't speak for all the mods, but I am quite SURE that when businesses that use this board to 'advertise' can expect their services - especially as they made outlandish claims be scrutinised..

It is mildly amusing that my personal circumstances are constantly discussed, rather than the issue..

stelee77

Message Posted:
16/09/2011 14:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 45 of 84 in Discussion

No my questions were genuine, i was just trying to work you out thats all.I like getting peoples opinions on things.

proger1

Message Posted:
16/09/2011 14:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 46 of 84 in Discussion

Mark, you seem to think that everyone should be looking at this issue the same way that you do but I am afraid I think that would be silly.

Let my try to explain why.

You (Mark) have spent so much time and effort to get your point across about how you feel about Paul (washerman) that it has now become a war of attrition but there is no downside for you so even if you lost the arguement and OSN / ADMC are still running here in 20 years, you lose nothing. If however you are correct in your intimation that either one or both of the aforementioned systems will block the availability to North Cyprus and therefore win the arguement, every existing customer loses what they have at the moment and a businessman and his family lose everything.

Now, I realise that your mentality is that, if it is right and proper then you are doing the right thing by letting people know what you want them to know.

The fact that you are writing to these companies to get the systems blocked,

cont.

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
16/09/2011 14:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 47 of 84 in Discussion

Steele77

This thread was about sat tv, and the type of conversations you wish to discuss are probably left to folk who's relations have evolved and they wouldn't need to hypothesise... ( esp. on things like previous marriages or inheritances ...) 'Sorry', if you don't agree.. but there it is...

stelee77

Message Posted:
16/09/2011 14:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 48 of 84 in Discussion

6ms

You must have a motive for this, and it all adds up, if you cant answer simple questions then people will jump to there own conclusions.

proger1

Message Posted:
16/09/2011 14:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 49 of 84 in Discussion

is essentially the same as attempting to cause all of the existing customers to lose what they have so that you can prove that you were correct.

There is an old saying "If it aint broke, don't try to fix it" but you however are trying to break it just to prove that you correctly stated it would break.

You are beyond boring now on this Mark, I was once a supporter of yours and often suggested to people that you were the right person to talk to about such systems, I now believe however that you are just a mischevous person who wants to get his own way all the time and will only discuss something if you can twist the statement to look like you were trying to be good instead of bad.

I have a small child and he acts very much the same way.

I would imagine that every member is now fully aware of your thoughts on satellite TV and your dislike for some members, as far as I can tell, all you are gaining now is enemies, perhaps it is time to duck and cover.

Good luck

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
16/09/2011 16:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 50 of 84 in Discussion

re 48 Steele77,

MAY BE I 'missed' something but if my not answering question re members of my family / a previous marriage / inheritance means you draw 'conclusions' ..so be it ;)

>>You must have a motive for this<<

FACTS..

Now if you have a question pertinent to the removal of BBC stuff Astra 2B to "A - I'm all ears...

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
16/09/2011 16:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 51 of 84 in Discussion

Proger1

I wrote to OSN ( an ARAB sat TV co ) when AJ banned me and deleted a post re a FACT about misinfo being advertised here.. misinfo re a grey market offering. As ever, I find it hilarious that you would suggest *I* am the 'sinner', here...

stelee77

Message Posted:
16/09/2011 16:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 52 of 84 in Discussion

This is what saves you, the stay on topic rule.

To be honest i dont care i'm just bored out of my mind, but i'm usually fairly accurate.

The question is and always has been why are you so concerned, unless hes got the market you want.

simple

proger1

Message Posted:
16/09/2011 16:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 53 of 84 in Discussion

You enjoy your hilarity Mark, I didn't suggest you were a sinner, I have much stronger choices of words for my description of you.

Fact 1, you advised me to do exactly what you are attacking washerman for doing, that obviously doesn't matter

Fact 2, you write to the company that is supplying many happy customers through a grey market system knowing that it could cause the grey market service to be blocked and then try and convince the same customers that you are trying to help them,, but that obviously doesn't matter

Fact 3, you spend way too much time on a forum that supports a country that you have no ties to, in your own words, but that isn't important.

Fact 4, you are intentionally trying to destroy a family business which would lead to the loss of all of thier customers services. but that isn't important as long as you get to say that you were right/

Fact 5, this is my personal opinion but I think the TRNC would be better without you involved in anything to do with it.

Salamisboy

Message Posted:
16/09/2011 16:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 54 of 84 in Discussion

'Don't shoot the messenger'

Irrespective of who recommended what to whom, ex-pat people in TRNC should know that Cyprus, North or South, is not a target area for the Sat transmissions they are receiving. International agreements exist to protect borders (so far as radio waves can be contained) and reception outside of those areas whilst very receivable is illegal but demand is there so businesses try to meet it by various means.

Those who choose Sat services are told, or should be told, that there is risk of losing some or all of the service at any time due to the Service Providers, eg SKY or Broadcasters like BBC, changing transponders or channels to Sats which may not be receivable here. These changes are beyond the control of your local provider and shouldn't be the cause of so much bickering here. If you wish to be safe then choose a Turkish or Greek service provider. Too many people, knowing the risks still look for scapegoats when something happens.

Sb.

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
16/09/2011 17:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 55 of 84 in Discussion

Steele77,re 52

I don't needs 'rules' to 'save' me.. most folks can see where a line is crossed... YOU wished to discuss my private life and even took some entertaining stabs at figuring it out ..

As to my 'motivation' I have answered that question several times.. it's not *about* ME... it's about certain posters making untrue claims in adverts, overcharging, and claiming "officialdom" - such practices ALWAYS end in tears for the clients.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to make sure *I* sort out some clients, too ..

stelee77

Message Posted:
16/09/2011 17:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 56 of 84 in Discussion

6ms

No i have you worked out, to easy, but i think what you are doing is out of order because you cant justify it.

I think this poor guy has made the deal very clear, and it seems very fair to me.

Maybe i should not have said what i said, but it was not an attack, just very obvious when you put that much info on a public forum.

You have even said to this poor man where will you live if it all goes wrong for you, thats out of or order.

Remember what goes around comes around in the end.

And dont screw things up for me.

stelee77

Message Posted:
16/09/2011 17:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 57 of 84 in Discussion

I dont know many satellite system fitters who talk like the queens butler.

get a grip, dont spoil it for everyone else.

dwr6rtr

Message Posted:
16/09/2011 17:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 58 of 84 in Discussion

when i started this mark i should have realized that the simple fact is that when the BBC decided to change their sattelite it would result in some of us only losing red button access and bbc news and parliament, we still get itv1 2 3 4.channel4 and all the sky channels whatever the vested interests and backstabbers are gloating about.let me have your revised password for you free VPN and then i will still be able to watch grand prix mate.

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
16/09/2011 17:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 59 of 84 in Discussion

Once again.. THIS thread was about the loss of some services to folk with 1.8m dishes in Cyprus..

@Stelee77

>>I dont know many satellite system fitters who talk like the queens butler. <<

So, one minute I'm a sat fitter and the next *I'll* be the one 'responsible' for single-handedly bringing about the end of a members 'biz' ?!

magicart

Message Posted:
16/09/2011 17:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 60 of 84 in Discussion

6ms,

Fact-Dispite your attempts to sabotage Arriva and Dopi-both companies are still trading and taking on new business.Buy your own addmission you have admitted that you contacted OSN to see if you could stop transmission in the TRNC-this was months ago so please explain why OSN continue to support Arriva.

Fact-Washerman on this forum offered you an appology in an attempt to bring this saga to a head-you rejected the apology.

Fact-I have met some of Arriva's customers who are now in their second/third year renewal.

Fact-You have never given anyone a proper explanation about your shady dealings in the South.

Fact-The Cyprus Star ran three articles covering your antics and the conclusion was that you were deliberatly attacking the sat companies and Washerma in this country.

Fact -Over 100 Arriva customers expressed their delight at the exceptional standard of service and their TV package-suggest you trawl through the postings to check on the numbers of COMPLAINTS.

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
16/09/2011 18:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 61 of 84 in Discussion

Its4free that seems to upset some folk...

cypgab

Message Posted:
16/09/2011 18:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 62 of 84 in Discussion

steelee - Try and keep the personal comments out of it - eh? In other words act like an adult.

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
16/09/2011 18:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 63 of 84 in Discussion

MagicArt

AGAIN you suggest that OSN 'condone' - you used the word SUPPORT - Washerman.. suggest you run your posts by him first, as this is JUST the sort of post that might speed up his ability to obtain kit through back channels..

Your wilful inability to READ and to simply repeat nonsense is clearly a deliberate 'tactic' .. The Cyprus Star posted three articles by a part-time hack who never even consulted OSN or me.. he merely regurgitated RUBBISH..and got roundly pilloried on here for it..

OSN is a fine service and hardly likely to fall over in the areas where it is MEANT to be sold.. the complaints will come when / if clients find they can no longer receive what they've paid a year in advance for.... you DID pay by credit card...right ?

To repeat.. The only TWO pay sat TV cos with rights to supply - according to the Sporting / Films right owners in Cyprus are Nova and Digiturk ...

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
16/09/2011 18:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 64 of 84 in Discussion

(Cont) Dopi continue to be able to pirate less and less channels and these will continue to dwindle .. you'll remember what happened to their 'claim' to have a contract to show BBC / ITV, SKY moves / News, etc.. ?

So, how do YOU know what the state of their client base is... ?

proger1

Message Posted:
16/09/2011 18:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 65 of 84 in Discussion

Mark, you still don't seem to understand, it is not the subject matter that upsets people, it is how you are trying to achieve your adoration from people you don't know, don't deal with and as far as you are concerned by your past comments are living illegally as the TRNC is not recognised.

I do have a question that I would love you to be able to give an answer to (or anyone to give for that matter), if the TRNC is not internationally recognised, what laws govern the legality of watching TV, satellite or terrestrial, in other words who other than the TRNC government can decide what is being received on televisions here.

If OSN / ADMC are being paid for the service people are receiving but it is being watched in a country not subscribed to they could possibly be upset but I doubt if they would stop it unless a governing authority tells them hat it shouldn't be allowed, and back to the start of he question, who would be the governing body for the TRNC ??

stelee77

Message Posted:
16/09/2011 18:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 66 of 84 in Discussion

6ms

No your twisting everything to suit you.

If you dont want to live in north cyprus, and dont want to do business there, shut up.

It seems you get a weird buzz out of trying to stop this guy get business.

If you want to help people, do it on a forum in your own county, or even country.

You must want what he has got, i dont believe anyone would be sad enough to do this for 18 months for no reason.

If you wanted his pitch i would understand.

stelee77

Message Posted:
16/09/2011 18:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 67 of 84 in Discussion

6ms

No your twisting everything to suit you.

If you dont want to live in north cyprus, and dont want to do business there, shut up.

It seems you get a weird buzz out of trying to stop this guy get business.

If you want to help people, do it on a forum in your own county, or even country.

You must want what he has got, i dont believe anyone would be sad enough to do this for 18 months for no reason.

If you wanted his pitch i would understand.

hattikins

Message Posted:
16/09/2011 18:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 68 of 84 in Discussion

Can you guys not take this to

http://www.northcyprusguidetopersonalvendetta.com and give us all a break.

stelee77

Message Posted:
16/09/2011 18:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 69 of 84 in Discussion

What are you talking about this is the whole problem, you all love it, at one mans expense, but every now and again you have to step in to pretend you dont like it.

Think of this guy and his family, this is not entertainment.

Its a joke.

hattikins

Message Posted:
16/09/2011 18:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 70 of 84 in Discussion

It's hardly one sided is it, they are all as bad as each other.

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
16/09/2011 18:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 71 of 84 in Discussion

Proger, re 65

>>it is how you are trying to achieve your adoration from people you don't know<<

your imagination must be working overtime..

>>I do have a question that I would love you to be able to give an answer to (or anyone to give for that matter), if the TRNC is not internationally recognised, what laws govern the legality of watching TV, satellite or terrestrial, in other words who other than the TRNC government can decide what is being received on televisions here. <<

Happy to answer - the PROVIDER decides which viewing cards are authorised to view... AND when to terminate.. 'govts' rarely have anything to do with this..

0maintenance

Message Posted:
16/09/2011 19:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 72 of 84 in Discussion

6Ms

Did you see my new homepage link in my profile here? If so can you please tell me what that lady is talking about or is it a figment of her imagination and she is wrong and of course you are the only one being generous with the truth ,seems strange that you never answered her post way back when she penned it.

A simple hands up , OK ive been a little bit naughty or you could choose to say that she is not offering all of the facts ,like maybe much more happend !

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
16/09/2011 19:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 73 of 84 in Discussion

Dear Zero ( whichever one)

>>Did you see my new homepage link in my profile here?<<

No, and I'm 'sorry' but I'm not inquisitive enough to check it out ...

>>if so can you please tell me what that lady is talking about or is it a figment of her imagination<<

I've answered the same question on five occasions on this board..

AJ managed to find ONE person complaining about me, and posted this about a year ago..

Since then, MagicArt and others have simply resurrected the same Q and I'll say the same thing.. we took payment for all works by credit card.. and if this client was genuine - then they'd have approached the credit card company for a chargeback - if we really HAD done those bad things... I STILL take credit card payments AND continuous payment authorities - hardly someone who has a 'bad' reputation..

If / when you lose your OSN service, I hope you'll be so 'persistent' ........ !

0maintenance

Message Posted:
16/09/2011 19:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 74 of 84 in Discussion

Again ive asked why you never addressed the Author of the story.

I never asked for a pack of lies

Please just tell me why you never responded to the lady in message 4 or 5 of the link in my profile here to my homepage?

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
16/09/2011 20:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 75 of 84 in Discussion

>>Please just tell me why you never responded to the lady in message 4 or 5 of the link in my profile here to my homepage?<<

But I DID...!! my post was removed... by the franchisee owners of the site.... I didn't advertise with them....

0maintenance

Message Posted:
16/09/2011 20:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 76 of 84 in Discussion

...............................................................................................................................................................

fibberrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
16/09/2011 20:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 77 of 84 in Discussion

'Naughty', Zero.. this isn't the first time you've called me that .. last time I was HCLOman, remember... ?

zerochlor

Message Posted:
16/09/2011 20:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 78 of 84 in Discussion

Oh.

No daubt he may well rear his ugly head again on your instructions

But he has had plenty of time to do some homework.

Why try to move away from the original question Amanda wrote about and talk about HCLOman

tick tock boom

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
16/09/2011 20:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 79 of 84 in Discussion

re 78

Zero - t'other 'one'

>>No daubt he may well rear his ugly head again on your instructions<<

Do you 'two' make this up as you go along...?

AGAIN- as you also make the same 'silly' suggestion... I have no interest in pool chemicals, nor do I know anyone who has... *I* stick to what I DO know about...

>>Why try to move away from the original question Amanda wrote about<<

Er, could that be because AJ, MagicArt, and 'other's have already asked... and got the same response...

Clearly, you seem to think repetition of a fib might make it 'true' ?..

Washerman

Message Posted:
16/09/2011 20:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 80 of 84 in Discussion

Flippin' 'eck, I've just got in from work - I can't even be bothered to read back through this lot.

keldanreb

Message Posted:
16/09/2011 20:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 81 of 84 in Discussion

450 ytl fitted...........,bbc news,films etc..not brilliant but quite good for money.

next door to maggies cafe, ozankoy main road next to turk bankasi.

proger1

Message Posted:
16/09/2011 21:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 82 of 84 in Discussion

You seem to have just skipped right over my question yet again old boy.

I will try it another way, you say that Digiturk are legal in North Cyprus but on who's authority, they are legal in Turkey, but this is not Turkey.

As far as I have been informed, there is no legal provider in North Cyprus because it is not a recognised country so it is not possible to legally be a recognised provider of anything here.

You are concentrating a great deal on what the provider can and can't do but as has been pointed out by many people, this provider has done nothing so far in the months since you wrote to them, probably because they are being paid the correct amount for what they sell in recognised countries but are not able to legally register in a country that does not exist.

You tried using the Digiturk name a few weeks ago about what they were going to do to stop people stealing their service but it was not about North Cyprus, it was about Turkish football.

Harold2555

Message Posted:
16/09/2011 21:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 83 of 84 in Discussion

This thread is now closed.

Wandered off topic and if Paul (Washerman can't be bothered to read it best stop it getting any longer!

Harold

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
16/09/2011 21:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 84 of 84 in Discussion

re 81 keldanreb

there is an advert from URAN ( the company that provided Dopi with the kit ) for Free to air installs to catch Nilesat for 100 GBP - isn't that A LOT cheaper than 450 ytl ?

re 82,Proger ( the man who won't talk to me on the phone, but insists I must respond to him here ! ) ..

>>You seem to have just skipped right over my question yet again old boy. <<

How so.. ? I'm not 'hiding' ..

>>I will try it another way, you say that Digiturk are legal in North Cyprus but on who's authority, they are legal in Turkey, but this is not Turkey.<<

Tell THAT to DigiTurk - at the anti piracy conference in Istanbul, a Manageress of DigiTurk claimed JUST that - specifically mentioning 'the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus' in her welcome speech - much to my amusement - as the Nova Cyprus team were present...

As to your asking why OSN haven't done anything - why doesn't Washerman guarantee refunds? Why does he now refers to clients "knowing the risk... "

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.