North Cyprus Tourist Board - Can I fly to Larnaca with Ercan stamps in my passport?
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Can I fly to Larnaca with Ercan stamps in my passport?

Can I fly to Larnaca with Ercan stamps in my passport?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about Flights to North Cyprus

» Book North Cyprus Flights Online

» Driving Directions from Ercan Airport to Kyrenia

» Read about Ercan Airport North Cyprus

» Driving Directions from Larnaca Airport to Kyrenia

katjusha

Message Posted:
19/09/2011 12:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 11 in Discussion

Hi, can someone give me advice please. I am a russian passport holder, I heard I could get a pro visa to south cyprus through internet so I don t need to go to embassy, but I have 2 ercan stamps in my passport already. Will they let me in at passport control? Would be a good option for me as air fares to south are still cheaper at the moment. Thank you

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
19/09/2011 12:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 11 in Discussion

Privet Katya!

Koneshno, Da !

All will be fine.. If you are arriving via the airports ( Larnaca / Paphos) they ( the RoC) might cancel any Visas from the 'occupied territories '

DO NOT try to enter via the 'north' on a Russian passport - unless you are married or in a long term relationship with an EU national - you may very well be refused entry.

What is a 'pro' visa, please ? I know Tourist Visas are free to RF citizens ..

katjusha

Message Posted:
19/09/2011 12:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 11 in Discussion

Thank you, well I have already entered north with my russian passport twice, I know I should think before allowing to stamp my passport instead of a separate visa paper, but too late now. I just found out about a pro visa to south cyprus recently when I was on holiday in my flat in Caesar resort, one russian guy told he is always flying with pro visa, for Russian people it s free if you apply online before your departure, and they send you confirmation by e mail. I know it s ok for me to enter north, but will it still be ok to enter south with stamps of Ercan?

Thank yoi

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
19/09/2011 13:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 11 in Discussion

re msg 3

As you might realise my wife is Russian, and we have Russian friends - some of which visited the 'north' , recently - as tourists.

Really, the Ercan 'stamp' is nothing to worry about ...

Your 'problem' is that you CAN be refused entry to the 'south' - as you haven't 'entered Cyprus by a recognised port of entry' .

So, you CAN fly from Russia to Larnaca - but they probably would NOT let you in - if wanting to walk across. You might even get waved through, but if they FIND you there...

When we crossed over, my Wife was ALWAYS asked " How did you enter Cyprus?"...and they CHECKED the entry visa stamp..even though she replied via LCA / Paphos - if returning from the UK ..now they did not check if she left via Ercan ( Tymbou ) and re-entered via the 'north' - which she could have done.. [ her RoC visa would appear as if she had STAYED on the island ] as she was with me ( an EU Citizen - to whom she was married ) .. but she didn't want to make a fuss...

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
19/09/2011 13:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 11 in Discussion

(cont)

I'd advise ANYONE who is NOT an EU citizen - or married to one ) to ask for the paper slip - rather than the stamp - if temporarily visiting 'TRNC' ..not for 'political' reasons..just to remove the chance for some extra questions or the 'performance' of having a 'TRNC' 'visa' 'cancelled' ....

katjusha

Message Posted:
19/09/2011 13:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 11 in Discussion

Thank you, I realize I shouldn t risk it flying through Larnaca, will fly through Ercan again ))

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
19/09/2011 14:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 11 in Discussion

Hi Katya,

sorry, but you misunderstand me.. you will be FINE to fly into Larnaca.. and then 'leave' by crossing to the north.. by entering Cyprus in this manner you can go ANYWHERE on the island for a long as your Visa lasts.. but you would HAVE to leave via the RoC, and before the Visa expired.

If you didn't, you would put at risk being able to get any EU Visa

If you want to speak in Russian - to my Wife, you can email me on cy44@uktvabroad.com send us your phone number and she can call you in Russia on a landline - as she can call Russian landlines for free on our phone service.

katjusha

Message Posted:
19/09/2011 14:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 11 in Discussion

Hi thank you, I actually don t live in Russia, I live in UK, but would be nice to speak to your wife may be through e mail May be I understand everything too slow, why do I need to leave by crosing to the north, as I usually buy return flights from the same company, and when I cross to the north and back I will make sure my passport is not stamped again. What is RoC anyway, I feel like I don't know lots of things))))

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
19/09/2011 16:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 11 in Discussion

Hi Katya,

you have MY email and if you want to write to us, Veta can reply.

If you live in the UK and feel happy to discuss this in the open , what is your Visa status in the UK ?

To try to clear this up.. IF you enter the 'south' [ Republic of Cyprus ( RoC) ] with a RoC visa, you can go ANYWHERE on the island - but you need to LEAVE by the same route, other wise the RoC authorities will treat you as an 'over-stayer' ..breaking your visa terms :(

IF you enter via the 'north' you cannot enter the 'south' - even with a Visa from there - as you didn't enter via the 'south' .... this is all to do with politics ..

katjusha

Message Posted:
20/09/2011 00:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 11 in Discussion

Thank you, it helps me alot, so as I realize even having ercan stamps in my passport I can enter and leave through the south as long as I follow visa terms of length of stay. About my UK status it's permanent resident, I have been here for a while )) Will contact you through e mail later. Thank you

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
20/09/2011 00:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 11 in Discussion

Katya,

you had (temporarily ) better use veta@satmesh.co.uk to contact the wife..

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.