North Cyprus Tourist Board - Is your internet connection 'double routed' ?
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Is your internet connection 'double routed' ?

Is your internet connection 'double routed' ?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» All threads about Internet issues in North Cyprus

» Computers & Internet on Cyprus44 Business Directory

erolz

Message Posted:
14/10/2011 09:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 6 in Discussion

This thread refers to problem a specific forum member was having but raises some general issues that may be affecting others as well. The specfic problem is detailed in these threads

http://www.cyprus44.com/forums/75472.asp message 14 and 40 by coffer and http://www.cyprus44.com/forums/74499.asp the whole thing.

In the last post of the thread above I said I would write something about the issue in general and I have now done so. I have placed this on a different forum to this one, simply because being able to include images in the body of the text and not having a text limit makes explaing the issue clearer and simpler. I hope the mods here are ok with me posting the link to this explaination even though it is on another forum ? Assuming this is ok a desciption of the issue and how in might affect you can be found here.

http://cyprusnow.info/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=252

the2ofus

Message Posted:
14/10/2011 11:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 6 in Discussion

Okey dokey - thanks erolz i will check that that this evening. I tried yesterday , as you suggested on another thread, watching the programmes on the wired pc (as opposed to wireless pc) and the problem was still there. Just want th eproblem sorted as we don't want to keep moving from one ISP to another if it is not essential. Thanks - will let you know how i get on.

Tasgirl

Message Posted:
14/10/2011 12:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 6 in Discussion

Thanks Erolz, for making it easy !!! even the easy explanation is still too much for me, however, when I checked the connecton to my router it appears correct, but whenever the computers come back on, after a power outage for example, both the bureau and the laptop ( which is connected via a Buffalo router) tell me that I have a conflict with another computer is this something to do with the way that I have connected them?

erolz

Message Posted:
14/10/2011 16:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 6 in Discussion

Tasgirl it does sound like something is not configured correctly on your setup, but it is probamly not a 'double routed' issues, at least not if there is nothing plugged into the WAN port on your buffalo router in your house. Determining what the exact issue is and how to fix it remotely is very tricky. It would be much easier to just pass by one day and look at it in place which I am happy to do (for free) if you are not too remote to Girne where I am based. Just drop me an email at erolz@cream.org if you are interested.

StGeorgeI

Message Posted:
14/10/2011 16:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 6 in Discussion

Erolz,

You seem like a knowledgeable guy when it comes to routers so I wonder of you can help with a problem I have.

My new android phone will not work on my wireless connection at home. It gets the signal, connects - but no internet access. My PC and various laptops all work OK and I have tried the androids at various other wi-fi spots in bars etc. and it works every time with no problems.

I have tried playing around with the router settings (without going to far that I mess everything up) and nothing seems to work.

Have you come across this problem before and do you have any suggestions for a fix?

Thanks for your help ,

G

erolz

Message Posted:
14/10/2011 17:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 6 in Discussion

Its always tricky 'diagnosing' stuff remotely on a forum. It sounds like an IP address issue.

Once the phone has connected to the home wifi box, if you tap on the connection on the WLAN setting page it should put up a window that shows, status :connected, security,signal strength, link speed and IP address.

What does it show for the IP address when you do this ? Also what kind of internet connection do you have and does that plug into your home routers WAN port or into one of the LAN ports ?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.