North Cyprus Tourist Board - Directions from Larnaca AP to Bogaz at night!
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Directions from Larnaca AP to Bogaz at night!

Directions from Larnaca AP to Bogaz at night!

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Driving Directions from Larnaca Airport to Kyrenia

» Driving Directions from Ercan Airport to Kyrenia

» Driving Directions from Larnaca Airport to Kyrenia

» North Cyprus Map

magmalc46

Message Posted:
17/10/2011 15:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 16 in Discussion

Am hiring a car from Larnaca AP to visit Bogaz as may return to Ikea in South for shopping. Will be arriving at night and I have a friend who will be navigating, but what is the easiest and quickest route in the dark. I understand you have to pay 25 euros at the border to take car into North. Which border crossing has this facility and are they open at night? Have not done this before so all advice much appreciated. Do you have to pay this 25 euros each time you cross the border or is it just the once?

Erkin

Message Posted:
17/10/2011 15:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 16 in Discussion

Hi

Just a note, the 25euro is for insurance valid for 1 month. The insurance office at Metehan crossing is only open from 7.30am till 8pm after that u are not able to buy insurance and can not cross with the car.

tomsteel

Message Posted:
17/10/2011 16:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 16 in Discussion

Ask the southern-based hire car company to get the insurance for you - it will cost you €35, but you can cross at any time of the night knowing you have cover. If they refuse, get another company who will. From airport take motorway for Nicosia/Lefkosa, then for Ayia Napa (A3). Turn off at the Xylotimbou/services sign. Turn left and follow this road until reaching Ayios Nikolais. Over roundabout - Army base on left, continue to Black Night crossing point. Once through follow road to Famagusta. Reach roundabout take 2nd left and follow road through outskirts of town and head north for Bogaz. Easy journey.

magmalc46

Message Posted:
17/10/2011 20:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 16 in Discussion

Many thanks tomsteel. Have looked at Fontana Care Hire on forum page but haven't asked them about insurance. Do you know of a company that does this cover? Directions are great. Thanks

magmalc46

Message Posted:
17/10/2011 20:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 16 in Discussion

Thanks Erkin. Well I won't be using Metehan.

MoonageDaydre

Message Posted:
17/10/2011 23:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 16 in Discussion

I've travelled to Bogaz several times, and I have to say the easiest route is not the one detailed at msg 3.

I would suggest getting on the motorway from the airport and getting off at the sign to Pyla (Pile). Keep straight on through the centre of the village, and you'll soon see the crossing at the village of Beyarmudu (Pergamos in Greek). You can get insurance at the crossing, and if its late the border police will call someone out for you (though if you can buy in advance though that might be better).

Go through the village and keep straight on until you come to the outskirts of Dortyol, turn right when you see the Gazimagusa sign, onto the motorway for a few miles and you'll poass a garage and soon after see a sign for Salamis and Dipkarpaz, turn left there and keep following signs for Salamis Dipkarpaz. You'll go through a couple of villages, and past St Barnabus Abbey. Keep following Dipkarpaz signs and you'll soon be there.

(Approx 75 minutes from LCA to Bogaz.)

tomsteel

Message Posted:
18/10/2011 09:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 16 in Discussion

Msg 6 is a great alternative, but slightly longer journey. Both routes are simple to follow and the crossings are both in ESBA areas, not RoC police/immigration.

magmalc46

Message Posted:
18/10/2011 11:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 16 in Discussion

Thanks Tomsteel and MoonageDaydre. Please what is "ESBA area and RoC police/immigration".

tomsteel

Message Posted:
18/10/2011 12:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 16 in Discussion

ESBA - Eastern Sovereign Base Area (British territory and controlled by UK) , RoC - Republic of Cyprus.

magmalc46

Message Posted:
19/10/2011 11:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 16 in Discussion

Thanks again tomsteel.

Do you know of a care hire company in south which can provide this insurance for me?

Hoylemiller

Message Posted:
19/10/2011 14:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 16 in Discussion

We went through the Metehan border from the south in August at 8pm, we inquired as to what time the insurance office closes in the evenings? The officials told us the office is open all night except Sundays?

magmalc46

Message Posted:
20/10/2011 11:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 16 in Discussion

A dilemma! What do I do, please!

Thanks to you all for your information. I have contacted several car hire firms in south including Andy's Motors, which was recommended but none of them will provide the insurance for the north at the time of collection. As the plane doesn't land until 7.30pm I haven't got much chance of getting to a crossing by 8.00pm.

Is there any Turkish official I can contact to find out which, if any of the crossings definitely stays open late in November? Or please can someone give me the name of a company which does provide this insurance.

Cobbler

Message Posted:
20/10/2011 12:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 16 in Discussion

The insurance is only third party. If you damage a car hired from the south while in the north then you will have to pay for the repairs.

tomsteel

Message Posted:
20/10/2011 17:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 16 in Discussion

Msg 10 - here is the reply I received from Petsas. Go on-line to the company who hire cars throughout the RoC. My son used them and was more than happy. Good luck.

Further to your e-mail dated 20/10/2011 please note that you can take the car to the occupied areas but you have to obtain extra insurance cover. This we can arrange via Islek Sigorta, a Turkish Cyptiot Insurance company at an extra cost depending on the car you are hiring and period o time you are going to use the car to the occupied areas.

Insurance Cover provided by Islek Sigorta is full comprehensive with Euro 300 excess.

Please advise type of car you wish to hire and period of hire with number of days in the occupied areas, in order to enable us to quote.

Clarissa2

Message Posted:
20/10/2011 21:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 16 in Discussion

Re: Msg 12 &14,

Petsas have done for me insurance in advance (full comp) several times.

Never had any problems with them.

Also agree with the previous posters that the route via Agios Nikolaos is the best for Bogaz.

(To add to the posts above, to direct you to Famagusta, you'll also see 2 road signs 'Ammochostos' ).

Have a nice journey.

magmalc46

Message Posted:
21/10/2011 12:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 16 in Discussion

Thank you all for your responses. I have contacted Petsas and waiting for their reply.

The website is an invaluable source of info and I can't thank you enough for your help.

I have just heard from my advocate that 6-10th Nov. is a public holiday in TRNC which is when I am coming out to buy furniture! C'est la vie!

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.