North Cyprus Tourist Board - Internet Service in North Cyprus
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Internet Service in North Cyprus

Internet Service in North Cyprus

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» All threads about Internet issues in North Cyprus

» Computers & Internet on Cyprus44 Business Directory

» Cyprus44 North Cyprus Guide (Over 200 Info Pages)

» Book North Cyprus Hotels and Flights

Littlemo

Message Posted:
25/10/2011 10:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 18 in Discussion

I have Nethouse for my internet at the moment with only minor problems but I am thinking of changing to Extend as they have very good offer on right now so looking for info on their service.

Thanks

kbasat

Message Posted:
25/10/2011 19:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 18 in Discussion

if you are decided on moving away, you may also consider multimax. We are a new company (read: brand new technology) with a lot of experience (read: years of combined wireless internet provision experience in North Cyprus).

You can check our prices and details about our service here:

http://www.cyprus44.com/forums/72546.asp

You can contact us at 0392 444 6629 or info@multimaxcyprus.com if you have any questions.

Kemal

andrew4232

Message Posted:
25/10/2011 19:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 18 in Discussion

if i were you i would go by recommendation of users and not always by people who are selling a service that way you get a true opinion

kbasat

Message Posted:
25/10/2011 20:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 18 in Discussion

If I were you I would not listen to anybody and just go by mutlimax 1 month free paid trial with no contractual obligations; meaning that you can pay for one month and 50TL activation, we install you, and after this month, if you are not happy with the service we will take the equipment off, no questions asked, if you then like to pay for a year upfront, you pay only the difference so you dont lose anything on our deals.

sounds good?

K.

judyr

Message Posted:
25/10/2011 20:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 18 in Discussion

As per message 3 - recommendation of the users. I have no hesitation in recommending Multimax. As stated above you can pay for one month and see for yourself - exactly what I have done and I am not on any commission or anything. A good service and good VFM wthe added benefits of a UK VPN which gives you UK tv, i player and the like and you can even play the lottery as if you are in the UK!

BizziLizzi

Message Posted:
25/10/2011 23:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 18 in Discussion

I believe the problem with Internet Providers is that they start off well, get recommended and get more customers than they have the resources (equipment and/or personnel) to cope with, My experience in NC echoed by friends int he UK and US! So you end up wasting time and money changing providers only to have the new one let you down in due course.

I gave up on Extend - not just did their Internet service deteriorate, but I reached the stage spending half by life hanging onto a telephone line that switched extensions and never got answered. But in fairness to them that was a while ago and they may have improved.

multimax sounds good now from their responses to problemshere - but what use is that if your Internet is off! What guarantees do you give as to response times, Kevin, and that good service will continnue in future particularly if your successs leads to more customers taking more capacity?

kbasat

Message Posted:
26/10/2011 00:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 18 in Discussion

@BizziLizzi, very nice post with very good points...

Just to answer a few critical points you have mentioned:

Unfortunately, with the current situation in Cyprus, it is not possible to provide a 'perfect' - 'problem-free' solution. Here is why: 1) The government does not allow us to license our own frequencies for end user connectivity, therefore, whatever equipment we choose, we are bound to use a specific, license-free band which is also available freely to everybody else out there. This means anybody can put up a device and choose a channel that might interfere with your equipment. Of course there are a lot of precautions that you can take to be able to avoid severe situations, nevertheless there are times where an ignorant person/company just 'chooses' a frequency that will affect your performance. As there is no way of checking interference on sectors (you have to disconnect all customers to do a spectrum analysis of any sort), it may take a few complaint calls (cont)

kbasat

Message Posted:
26/10/2011 00:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 18 in Discussion

(cont) until we identify the problem and move to a better signal. No matter how expensive or advance equipment you use, these it not much you can do to completely avoid this scenario. 2) As we are dealing with sensitive electrical equipment, both on basestations and customer side, quality electricity is a key to ensure continuous uptime, which we do not have in Cyprus, oftentimes, equipment lockups due to power surges or brown outs are a common occurence, extended power cuts are current problems. Multimax basestations are equipped with multiple links with redundancy, emote reboot features(good to be able to power cycle a device if it hangs) and approx 4 hours of backup system.

As for everything else is concerned, our support line 0392 444 6629 is on for extended hours, we reply most emails to info@extendbroadband.com within 24 hours, we have a online chat support on our website ( http://www.mmcyp.com ) and you can also try 0548 870 0226 (girne branch manager) (cont)

kbasat

Message Posted:
26/10/2011 00:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 18 in Discussion

(cont) or 0548 8700236 (lefkosa branch manager). Most problems can be solved within minutes, some in hours, some in days, there is noway to guarantee how soon 'any' problem will get fixed, however, we are trying very hard to make sure customers can reach somebody to relay their problems and at least be informed about the situation, the nature of the problem and solution.

We have already got in place 'day-for-hour' reimbursement scheme where for every hour your internet connection is off due to a general failure, you get a day extension on your account. As for specific customer problems, slow connections etc, we are always evaluating the situation and making similar decisons accordingly. Of course this is not better than having no Internet but at least shows that we are taking the issue seriously.

As far as the capacities are concerned, we have invested and built a system that already has more capacity that most of the competition. As we have licenced and are using our own (cont)

kbasat

Message Posted:
26/10/2011 01:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 18 in Discussion

(cont) infrastructure for 'middle mile', we have no issues with capacity in the forseeable future. Our modular system also allows to upgrade capacity and add redundancy without major modifications to existing systems.

We have started our services by selling 1Mbit(with 0.128Mbit upload) internet for 60TL and 4Mbit(with 0.5Mbit upload) for 104TL. in the past 6 months, we have first increased our basic package to 2Mbit for 60TL, reduced 4Mbit price to 80TL. Then we have modified upload speeds so that now 2Mbit package comes with 1Mbit Upload and 4Mbit comes with 2Mbit upload. And now recently, we have updated all 2Mbit packages to 2.5Mbit and 4Mbit packages to 5Mbit (it is also possible to get more due to smart bandwidth management algorithms we are implementing) without any price difference.

This was all made possible because we took on more customers, and one thing I can guarantee you is that more customers we will take, more bandwidth we will be able to provide for less.

Kemal

Giles

Message Posted:
26/10/2011 06:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 18 in Discussion

I believe the OP lives at Salamis, does Multimax have a service there?

Littlemo

Message Posted:
26/10/2011 16:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 18 in Discussion

hi,yes i live in the salamis area,and no multimax do not have a service here as i have asked him

Giles

Message Posted:
26/10/2011 17:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 18 in Discussion

Thought we were neighbours, Multimax just getting a bit of free advertising then.

kbasat

Message Posted:
26/10/2011 20:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 18 in Discussion

unfortunately our coverage does not yet cover Famagusta Reqion, we are in the process of acquiring base station locations and should be able to start providing service around Famagusta-Iskele strip around christmas time.

Kemal

BizziLizzi

Message Posted:
27/10/2011 00:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 18 in Discussion

Thank you Kemal for you helpful reply - although I must admit I am a tehnophobe and illiterate and you blinded me with science a couple of times!

1. What installation is needed for your service? I am currently using a "dongle" which is conveniently transportable and I hate things stuck on the roof (I paid a lot to have it waterproofed!). I download very little so that limited capacity does not bother me and it is comparatively cheap.

2. Does your service suffer from peak periods. I am sick of being told the slower evening service is due to demand - that is when I want to listen!

3. I listen to BBC radio. Not televison because I have doubts about the ethics, legality of overseas BBC listeners - and anyway I dont have the time! I somtimes have problems connecting BBC Radio - I am told this may be due to the "handshake" - contact between my ISP and BBC output any solutions?

4. It is not being cut off worries me so much as not knowing how long.

Thanks

Liz

BizziLizzi

Message Posted:
27/10/2011 00:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 18 in Discussion

contd...........

Sometimes I may have to use other - more expensive - means if someone is expecting to hear from me, and sometimes failure to contact may have dire financial consequences

kbasat

Message Posted:
27/10/2011 00:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 18 in Discussion

I try to balance between getting general audience to understand what I am talking about and making sure techno savvy people realize that I know what I am talking about so they dont 'jump on me'. I am not saying I am good at it, just that I try. If you do not understand anything or need a clearer explanation, you can always email me private kbasat@multimaxcyprus.com and I can explain further.

1. Unfortunately, we do stick an antenna on the rooftop, however, our antennas are quite small, about the size of a compact disc in diameter, so we do not need strong poles attached to your rooftop that would break the isolation. We can use watertank, sidewall of a chimney, side of the wall, anything that is available.

2. Home packages does not come with any guarantees, however, we are working very hard to ensure that the customers are receiving their advertised bandwidth at all times. If the network is working at optimal performance, you should not expect any problems. (cont)

kbasat

Message Posted:
27/10/2011 01:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 18 in Discussion

3. we do not have such problems.

4. We work really hard to ensure minimum downtime to our services, but nevertheless, all customers are provided with phone support telephone number that is available extended hours, multiple mobile phones, online web support system, support emails and such, so you that you can get through to somebody that will give you the answer you are looking for.

We all use internet for things that are important to us. We understand this and work really hard to meet and exceed customers' expectations.

Kemal

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.