North Cyprus Tourist Board - Short term rent - Kyrenia area
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Short term rent - Kyrenia area

Short term rent - Kyrenia area

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» North Cyprus Property Rental Guide

» Read about Kyrenia North Cyprus

» Kyrenia Cyprus Photo Gallery

» Kyrenia Sights

Marvo

Message Posted:
24/10/2007 16:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 15 in Discussion

We are coming over at the end of November but I don't think our Villa will be finished.

We may have to rent somewhere for approx 2-3 Months and are looking in the Kyrenia or west Kyrenia area. Does any one out there have anything available for short term rent.

Marvo

stevie-d

Message Posted:
24/10/2007 17:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 15 in Discussion

Hi Mavro,

Friends of mine have a beautiful villa in Alsancack available, you can contact them off board at laura.west@btinternet.com you can also look at there house in http://www.ownersdirect.co.uk Ref No CY48. Happy Hunting.

stevie-d

stevie-d

Message Posted:
24/10/2007 17:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 15 in Discussion

Hi Mavro,

I notice you too are from Scotland do you fly from Glasgow or like us fly from a southern region airport ?.

stevie-d

Marvo

Message Posted:
24/10/2007 17:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 15 in Discussion

Hi Stevie,

Thanks for the reply.

We've only been out once,that was to look at property and we bought during that visit. We flew from Galsgow that time, via Antalia which was quiet good as the flight was half empty and you could stretch out and get a kip.

This time we are moving out for good (24th Nov.) and going via Manchester-Antalia-Ercan with train from Glasgow central to Manchester airport. Got a good deal at the Ship Inn 2 weeks for the price of 1. Our household contents should probably take about 8 weeks so it looks like we will be roughing it over xmas but no big deal really.

I'll let you know how I get on via this forum, when all complete might do a blog on it and maybe blow away some of the negativity over NC builders, agents etc.

and then again maybe not, we'll have to see.

Regards Bob

dodger

Message Posted:
24/10/2007 22:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 15 in Discussion

good look with the move marvo,what made you decide to move over after just one visit.

Marvo

Message Posted:
25/10/2007 11:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 15 in Discussion

Hi Dodger,

We did our homework, looked at various places, Goa, Cape Verdi Islands plus the usual Spain, Portugal, Canary Islands. I worked in Sicily for 2 years and loved the Island. Totaly unspoiled by rampant tourism but the Mafia still rule the place and there is almost no investment by outsiders.

We ruled out Cape Verdi and Goa on basic health service grounds, Spain, Portugal and the Canaries on property costs.

What we liked about NC was the totally unspoilt nature of the place, how clean it was compared to back home, most of them drove on the left side of the road, and thay all spoke the gods given language, English.

The property prices were a bonus as you could get a 3 bed Villa with a pool for the cost of a 1 bed studio appartment in Tenerife.

The title deeds issue was a concern, but I think you will get that no matter what country you go to.

So there you are Dodger, we are retiring there and hope to get as much enjoyment out of the remainder of our lives as we can. We have simple pleasures in life, a nice meal, glass of wine and watching England get cuffed on a Saturday night.

Regards Bob

PS, only joking about the meal and the wine.

stevie-d

Message Posted:
25/10/2007 11:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 15 in Discussion

Hello Again Mavro,

What area have you bought in?? We purchased in Karsiyaka in 2004 should have been finished in Sept 2005 but we are still waiting for electricity, had to pay another £2600 to have it put in, hope to be in by Xmas ( fingers crossed ) enjoy your retirement in Sunny TRNC.

stevie-d

Marvo

Message Posted:
25/10/2007 11:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 15 in Discussion

Hi Stevie,

We bought in Alsancak, or just before it. It's a small development of 12 villa's on the left side of the main road goin west, oposite the turn of to the Denizkizi Hotel.

It should have been finished early July but we told the builder we would not be coming over until the end of October so not to rush it (don't laugh).

We have tidied up all loose ends at home so hoped to now push the builder on to finish it.

Unfortunately his father died last week so don't want to seem unsensative by repeadedly emailing him. It's close to finished and he said he will push for the end of November so fingers crossed.

We have been told the power will be divided equally between the 12 villas but will cost no more than £2000. An earlier post by ukturk states thats quiet excessive, but we've signed up to it now. We've been told power should be in by December.

Have you moved out there full time or do you use it for holidays.

Cheers Bob

stevie-d

Message Posted:
25/10/2007 15:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 15 in Discussion

Hi Bob,

I live in Helensburgh Scotland, we are hoping to move to TRNC to retire, but as I said before the electricity is a problem hoping to move in by xmas, I thought I might have been in last Xmas and the one before, it`s happening but it`s slow,at fist it really wound me up but I have just came round to my builders way of thinking. "YARIN YARIN" ( tomorrow tomorrow ) The furniture is in the house, curtains are up ready to go.

stevie-d

Marvo

Message Posted:
25/10/2007 16:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 15 in Discussion

Hi Stevie, now I know why you wanted to hire a generator, by the way, did you get any joy with that.

I must admit that guy ukturk certainly throws his heart and soul into helping people, I don't think I've seen him stumped yet.

Cheers Bob

p4aul

Message Posted:
26/10/2007 19:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 15 in Discussion

http://www.ownersdirect.co.uk/cyprus/CY998.htm

stevie-d

Message Posted:
29/10/2007 14:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 15 in Discussion

Hi Bob,

The generator hire works out about £60 per week so no way, I will just buy one and keep it as back up, from what I read on these forums you need one anyway. Yes ukturk always comes up with the goods he`s a *Star*

stevie-d

JamesB

Message Posted:
29/10/2007 17:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 15 in Discussion

Did you have any luck with the apartment Marvo, I may now of one fairly central to Kyrenia.

shenel

Message Posted:
09/11/2007 15:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 15 in Discussion

Hi Marvo

I have a lovely apartment in central Kyrenia for rent. It is fully furnished and has 3 bedrooms. If you are interested please contact me on 0533 8487267 or email me at shenel.raif@hotmail.com

Marvo

Message Posted:
09/11/2007 16:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 15 in Discussion

Thanks for the reply's every one.

The builder has 'promised' it should be ready when we go over, so I'll have to hang on and give him the chance. If it's not ready then I'll have to look about, but thanks for the reply's anyway.

Regards Marvo

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.