North Cyprus Tourist Board - Sweetwater Bay Completions Part 2
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Sweetwater Bay Completions Part 2

Sweetwater Bay Completions Part 2

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read Sweetwater Bay North Cyprus property review

» North Cyprus Property Rental Guide

rocky

Message Posted:
26/11/2008 19:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 256 in Discussion

well the new thread is ready for the new year when we will all be buying our furniture!!! They say the builders will be offsite by March/April so hopefully not much snagging to attend to!

andysue

Message Posted:
26/11/2008 20:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 256 in Discussion

rocky ill start sweetwaterbay completions part three when this thread full up and you do part four and so on and so on!

mint1955

Message Posted:
26/11/2008 23:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 256 in Discussion

Builders off site March /April wow I wasnt expecting mine to be finished until end May am I going to be suprised!!

Sheila&Phil

Jo Valentine

Message Posted:
27/11/2008 00:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 256 in Discussion

Hello

Well, we've done two containers to Sweetwater Bay now, so we know our way there...

Anyone else need a quote for shipping? Full containers or part-loads.

And if I may say your development is looking fantastic - you must be feeling very pleased.

Best regards to all

Jo Valentine

01302 729595

http://www.jamesvalentineremovals.co.uk

rocky

Message Posted:
27/11/2008 09:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 256 in Discussion

well sounds like the removals are commencing I do hope from an asset risk situation that swb purchasers remain invested in property in the UK so they have a fall back position should anything go wrong. EG NC is not too far from very volatile areas and who knows what may happen in the years ahead as the water and oil situation gets worse.

rocky

Message Posted:
27/11/2008 09:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 256 in Discussion

Andy re message 2 dont mind who starts threads, just wondering know if u knos something I dont do we get prizes for the postings and threads??

rocky

Message Posted:
27/11/2008 10:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 256 in Discussion

i certainly wouldnt get any prizes for spelling

andysue

Message Posted:
27/11/2008 15:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 256 in Discussion

we should have something to chin wag about when arthur reports back, very little info about at present so thats why not a lot of postings. me and you rocky can allways talk about birds of prey tho!

Arthur

Message Posted:
27/11/2008 19:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 256 in Discussion

SWB visit-part 1

Arrived Monday evening, had booked into the Oscar, got a cheap deal on laterooms.com at £25 per night. Hotel was okay for one night at that price, but I'd want something better if it was for longer.

Visited the various shops Tuesday morning to pay the balance [we'd warned them beforehand that I was coming and wanted delivery on Tuesday], and went to the site. All the [practically complete] villas have the soakaway drains installed. Despite being told "all snagging done" it wasn't, and realistically it is probably going to be a long process of being there and repeatedly telling them until it finally happens. Met Moira & Keith.

Tuesday night had a meal with Andy, Connie, Edith, Martin [Edith's hubby], Chas and Tricia [block 127 I think], and two of Edith's friends. Went back to SWB as the only person on site [Arthur & Dorothy away]. My electric was on [fuse was already installed] and a temporary water connection made to the site tank.

Arthur

Message Posted:
27/11/2008 19:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 256 in Discussion

SWB visit- part 2

I forgot to say that I took some photos on Tuesday for those who had requested it [already sent to their e-mail addresses]. Generally the site is coming on great, but I personally would be surprised if it's complete before the end of May [perhaps later].

On the Tuesday night when I got back from the meal, there were two women wandering aimlessly outside C32, apparently looking for someone living in Somerset, but with a "Tractor Boy" accent. One was Julia Roberts, the other was Jayne Mansfield, who said she'd totally lost her head over Rocky.

Wednesday started with a warmish shower [I had to put the immersion on]. Had curtains and blinds fitted [not to The Bosses' satisfaction when she saw the photos], and then spotted a leak in the upstairs shower, which was soaking the master bedroom wall. Turned the water off, a plumber came in the afternoon and took "the subtle approach" by smashing the tiles around the shower fittings.

Arthur

Message Posted:
27/11/2008 19:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 256 in Discussion

SWB visit-part 3

Had lunch on Wednesday at Stevie's Bar. In my opinion was okay, but nothing special. Decided to eat in the evening at The Moulos Inn, food was fantastic. Unfortunately food is only on Wednesdays and Saturdays, but was real quality home cooked, with a limited BUT FRESH menu.

Did a bit of exploring up the coast Wednesday afternoon, weather is still very pleasantly warm, but starting to cool off in the evenings. As it started to get dark I took a few more photos around the site, and try as I might, I couldn't find a way down to the beach.

We will all have a few moans, but SWB seems to be the most active site [the builders work from 7.00am until dusk at about 5.00pm]. They do listen [as they did regarding the soakaways], but do need regular prodding. As I said to Edith, they are their own worst enemies by not posting a regular update bulletin, to let people know what has and what hasn't happened.

Left bright and early this morning for Blighty.

andysue

Message Posted:
27/11/2008 19:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 256 in Discussion

i arthur ive sent you a personal e-mail . well done . andy

andysue

Message Posted:
28/11/2008 22:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 256 in Discussion

i cant beleive no one posted any comments to arthurs above report! surely some of you have something to say? regards andrew

andysue

Message Posted:
29/11/2008 00:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 256 in Discussion

" yes i agree andy very strange init" ?

rocky

Message Posted:
29/11/2008 10:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 256 in Discussion

tiz strange init also strrange I did not see a response to one of my last messages on the last thread. I think some people have their heads in the sand.

The photos arthur took for me were brilliant and also confirmed since I was there they have made little progress with my plot. Praps they work on the plot when they know a buyer is viewing!! Sorry to hear that Jayne and Julia were still there the silly girls got the dates wrong still Cameron D got it right I wont ask them 2 again. I am trying to plan another short trip in early 09 but is that optimistic? how can you when the completion date is not really defined and flexible could be anytime twixt Dec 08 and Dec 09 methinx.

mint1955

Message Posted:
29/11/2008 10:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 256 in Discussion

For us completion its still a way of but we are going over first week in feb just for a look around. Although Arthurs comment "Despite being told all snagging done, it wasn't, and realistically it is probably going to be a long process of being there and repeatedly telling them until it finally happens." makes me think I have the perfect excuse to go and spend a few months there not sure work would see this as a domestic emergency though!!

Photos from Arthur were great of C41 and we can see a little progress again so we are happy.

Arthur was the leak sorted satisfactorily and the wall made good ok? I hope the curtain problem was also sorted.

Did I miss something re soakaways?

Happy weekend and for us 62 days until we are there again.

Sheila&Phil

jakki

Message Posted:
29/11/2008 10:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 256 in Discussion

Good Morning Rocky and Sheila!!!

Arthur can explain about the soakaways!

Personally I am disappointed with SWB again, we all know that they mean well but to be told that snagging is complete makes my blood boil - the curtain people decided to hang the curtains the way that they want, I know I couldn't trust Arthur to deal with with trades people!! I wanted Roman blinds inside the window and what did I get?? I wanted the drapes extra long and what do I get, a couple of inches above the ground - I could scream. When Arthur left for home the tiles had been ripped off the wet room wall - had no news since though.

When Arthur gets back from walking the dog I'll tell him to post something.

Jackie

Arthur

Message Posted:
29/11/2008 11:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 256 in Discussion

Robbie is back after a long walk, many wees, sniffs and a large Richard 3rd.

I knew I'd get it in the neck about the blinds and curtains, regretfully mind reading is not my strong point. Perhaps I should have employed Paul McKenna.

Sheila- the soakaways were put in as there are no gutters, and our surveyor recommended a concrete apron round the properties [otherwise mud would splash up]. It was however agreed that soakaways were the best solution.

Rocky- you are spot on. If they know you're coming they'll be swarming around your property doing things [which I suppose is fair enough].

I do have to say I'm surprised that when doing the plumbing fixes, they didn't find a way to test for leaks BEFORE tiling etc. It does worry me that with the leak in the upstairs shower, if that was replicated downstairs it would take far longer to spot as the shower is located on an outside wall. I'm getting near the limit on this posting so I'll do another.

mint1955

Message Posted:
29/11/2008 11:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 256 in Discussion

Oooo Jackie really sorry to hear about curtains is there anything to be done? Maybe you should go over with me and stay a few months LOL I could tell work you need support

Arthur are soakaways being put on all properties now then?

Sheila

Arthur

Message Posted:
29/11/2008 11:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 256 in Discussion

As I stated in an earlier post, I would be surprised if the building works are completed any earlier than April/May. I think however that snagging could go on for a long time. SWB and the builders seem to be learning from earlier mistakes and are putting in different fittings in later properties where there have been problems in the earlier properties complete. I can't knock the builders for their efforts as they're on site from 7.00am to dusk, but the resolution of snagging issues is a problem. If they've cocked something up, the answer seems to be to bodge it again if they can get away with it.

I really think Andy and Edith are trying their best, as indeed are the Israeli quality control guys. I just think that some problems could have been avoided by better building practices, but lets remember this is the Med.

andysue

Message Posted:
29/11/2008 13:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 256 in Discussion

the pics arthur took of our block 133 show significant progress from only a couple of weeks ago when marrisa sent me some pics, so they are skating ahead with the appartment blocks on the sea front infact im expecting a e-mail asking for next stage payment! regards andy

Arthur

Message Posted:
29/11/2008 20:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 22 of 256 in Discussion

Sheila-

I don't know about blocks of flats, but soakaways are going into all of the villas [and I assume bungalows].

As for blinds and curtains, it's not my fault really, I'm only a man!!!

Regards

Arthur

mint1955

Message Posted:
29/11/2008 21:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 23 of 256 in Discussion

Arthur - Phil said that yould be your excuse

It looks like we may get a few extras if they are changing the spec as they go along. We were concerned about the door and window locks and catches so hopefully the will get done as well.

Sheila

rocky

Message Posted:
30/11/2008 17:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 24 of 256 in Discussion

how far from the villas are the soakaways being located obvioulsy in over regulated uk they proabbly have to be about 5 metres away.. what about nc 18 inches perhaps

Arthur

Message Posted:
30/11/2008 17:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 25 of 256 in Discussion

The soakaways immediately surround the walls of the villas, and are about a foot wide. Previously the soil went right up to the walls, and without a soakaway or a concrete apron, rain would have come down off the roofs and splashed mud up the walls. The apron of concrete would have been impractical as it would have had to have been keyed into the walls/ concrete base, thereby damaging damp proofing.

I don't know, but I think they are about two feet deep.

Watch out Big Phil Scolari, Steve Tilson's boys may give you a run for your money!!!

rocky

Message Posted:
01/12/2008 00:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 26 of 256 in Discussion

Arthur if the curtains are not long enough just lower the curtain rail, she might not even notice. Another solution would be a thick carpet but that may be obvious. You mention an immersion heater presumably we all get one or is that an extra? do we have a hot water storage tank anyway and if so where is it?

Arthur

Message Posted:
01/12/2008 10:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 27 of 256 in Discussion

The immersion is not an extra, we should all get it [in case the panels on the roof don't do enough]. The hot water tank is in the roof space [or at least I think].

rocky

Message Posted:
01/12/2008 11:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 28 of 256 in Discussion

Arthur if the tank is in the roof space I assume it is accessable for replacement and repair? Or! does one need a hatch to access it? If you said the water pressure in the shower was low does this mean it may be worth installing a pump on the hot water system?

davidoff

Message Posted:
01/12/2008 19:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 29 of 256 in Discussion

Hi all,

Lomg time no speak to??

Glad to hear about the soak aways that will help the drainage issues!

The brown marks around the exterior walls are from water splash marks but also the water/soil mixed content travelling/rising up the walls as the soil retains the water/rainfall.

So in this case the soakaways should make a difference and this shouldnt really occur after.

The storage tanks are located in the roof space of the apartment blocks- the hatch access is located on the roof between both the penthouses at the top of the stairs.

Take care d x

andysue

Message Posted:
01/12/2008 20:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 30 of 256 in Discussion

is it me or am i reading some of the posts wrong on this forum? to say im starting to shit myself is a understatement , im refaring to the many posts about the echonomic and political situation in north cyprus according to one post more ex pats are leaving than arriving and the building sector could be all but wiped out and someone else predicting property values dropping twenty percent! even marion stokes of the HBPG is being forced to leave , any comments that will put my mind at ease welcome. regards andy

rocky

Message Posted:
01/12/2008 21:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 31 of 256 in Discussion

andy dont panic property is an investment and like anything else the price depends on supply and demand it is simple economics. At the moment due to the credit crunch few people are buying and some are having to sell. adding to this there is oversupply and the cyrpus problem. I am quite happy to be buying in this area a property which would have cost a lot more in Sardinia (my favourite) or any other med island. Yes there is a risk if when) the cyprus problem is resolved and we have to pay some compensation our properties will rise more than that as the risk will have disapperared. Then properties should rise again as we come out of the worldwide recession. If you want to get out now you will lose money hang in and say next year buy another property say somewhere else in the med to spread your risk. Of course we could lose everything but we only live once its worth the risk.

andysue

Message Posted:
01/12/2008 21:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 32 of 256 in Discussion

if your confident rocky thats ok for me. cant help feelings of concern with so many negitive posts tho . regards andy

sweep

Message Posted:
01/12/2008 21:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 33 of 256 in Discussion

just a thourght

if it wasnt for blinds it would be curtians for us all

AlsancakJack

Message Posted:
01/12/2008 22:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 34 of 256 in Discussion

andysue

"even marion stokes of the HBPG is being forced to leave"

Where did you get this info from? As far as I am aware nobody is being forced to leave apart from one family where there were other mitigating factors.

andysue

Message Posted:
01/12/2008 22:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 35 of 256 in Discussion

alsancakjack you cant miss the post its at the top, twenty two post and counting by hector regards andy

Arthur

Message Posted:
02/12/2008 11:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 36 of 256 in Discussion

There is a loft hatch on the covered part of the roof terrace. Water pressure wasn't very high, but that's because they will gradually increase it to 2.5 bar [apparently same as UK], but only when they're sure leaks are resolved [as my experience shows].

As for "property panic", Rocky is spot on. You don't buy for the short term [if you do, you are putting yourself at risk to market forces], but in the long term values will increase because:

a) inflation always means building costs increase as years go by

b) God doesn't make any more land- it's a relative finite supply

c) IF there is a sensible resolution to the Cyprus problem, the values of properties should increase.

Finally Andy, i guess you were impressed with my boys last night!!!

andysue

Message Posted:
02/12/2008 15:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 37 of 256 in Discussion

understatement that arthur! west ham were the best team and should have won, give my regards to gianfranco his team were acredit to him last night. been listening to all the scumbag scousers moaning it seems its finaly dawning on them they are going to win sweet FA again.

rocky

Message Posted:
02/12/2008 15:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 38 of 256 in Discussion

they wont win the cup Ipswich have their name on it. Its 30 years since we last won it, so Magic get the open top bus ready for May. Isnt 78 more recent than Newcastle that conference side from the north.

andysue

Message Posted:
02/12/2008 15:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 39 of 256 in Discussion

ok we will let you win the fa cup rocky, we have bigger fish to fry !

andysue

Message Posted:
02/12/2008 22:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 40 of 256 in Discussion

rocky i take it your reply "completions by then (april)" to my other thread was"tongue in cheak"? regards andy

rocky

Message Posted:
02/12/2008 22:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 41 of 256 in Discussion

twas andy I am sure we will have the site completed by April (10) and the title deeds sometime after perhaps

andysue

Message Posted:
02/12/2008 22:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 42 of 256 in Discussion

and liverpool will finaly get there hands on the premiership in may !

rocky

Message Posted:
02/12/2008 23:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 43 of 256 in Discussion

Hi Baywatchers isnt there a load of mumbo jumbo and bickering on this forum cant we get Davidoff to recommence the site specific to Sweetwater. Arthur what have you done to Jackie she has been silent recently, Loby where are you I thought you would have added some comments under famous people. Northsforme me has also disappeared and missy mongrel seem to have been put to sleep. MInt seem to have dissolved and even Moira and Keith are quiet praps they are busy moving in and plugging the shower leaks. THe news is that there are no new pictures on the swb website and no one has confrmed they are completing. I must have another glass of red.

andysue

Message Posted:
02/12/2008 23:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 44 of 256 in Discussion

well said rocky if was,nt for you and me this thread would have dissapered over the ridge out side our appartment! im shure when we hear some good news everyone will reapear. regards andy

mint1955

Message Posted:
03/12/2008 00:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 45 of 256 in Discussion

Not disolved just cold and wanting to be back in NC. I agree no news and no new pictures on SWB is frustrating but we just have to be patient and look forward to next year.

After a few visits during 09 to get completion furnish and a hopeful holiday Phil and I are planning to be out there for New Year 09/10 so anyone up for a party let us know as hopefully by then there will be a load more people resident.

Jackie did you get the mystery of the path sorted?

Sheila&Phil

jakki

Message Posted:
03/12/2008 10:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 46 of 256 in Discussion

Good Morning!!

I have only been silent because Robbie takes up most of my time these days - just back from a walk along Marine Parade watching the sun come up over the river and I (Iat least) enjoy the view of Hadleigh Castle - it looks like a Christmas card today. Sheila, Arthur sorted out the path when he was over - thanks!!

Yes, New Year's Eve Party for 09 is in the diary -

Have a lovely, if cold, day.

Jackie

davidoff

Message Posted:
03/12/2008 12:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 47 of 256 in Discussion

Hi all,

Rocky -As for mumbojumbo and bickering is hence why many may have become baywatchers instead?

As for the forum in general if you read behing the bickerings and mambo jumbo there are some very important and valid points to take note of and to try to see the bigger picture behind it?

But in general this is one of the most friendly. helpful, and informative forum sites I know compared to many irrate others out there?

Long live C44 !!

Take care d x

rocky

Message Posted:
03/12/2008 13:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 48 of 256 in Discussion

welcome back Davidoff at least we have stimultaed some activity on this thread although perhaps Loby and Northsforme have lost interest although I guess there is not much to say at the moment . We just have to wait. By the way have you completed yet??

andysue

Message Posted:
03/12/2008 13:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 49 of 256 in Discussion

im feeling fed up because we dont see or hear anything valid from sweetwater bay, they cant even post updated photos of the site like the pool area, if only they where to do this loads of people would start posting again. the pics around the pool area are over two months old ! it must have changed somewhat from then, im begining to agree with my missus "we should have bought at turtle bay village"

jakki

Message Posted:
03/12/2008 13:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 50 of 256 in Discussion

Andrew - Turtle Bay is not a patch on SWB - come on now you must know that!! Time and time again we tell SWB to put something on their site even if it's to tell us f**k all has happened, they never do and I don't think they will now. We are lucky in that we can rely on our Forum Friends to keep people posted. Remember Andrew what you are buying into - a lovely development, gym, bar, pools and I do believe you have the view from your block out of the whole development - chin up!!

FredB

Message Posted:
03/12/2008 15:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 51 of 256 in Discussion

Disagree Steve's bar food excellent, there on Sunday good service reasonable prices ameneable host.

What is happening at SWB seem to be lots of problems with finishings of property and delays in being able to get access to property, developers do not seem to be on the ball has put me off buying on tht site

andysue

Message Posted:
03/12/2008 15:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 52 of 256 in Discussion

chins back up jakki. but you must understand its getting frustrating not hearing anything from the powers that be. we bought into the TRNC because one of my fishing pals bought at turtle bay, we went out visited a few sites and plumbed for sweetwater. while kens at turtle bay was being built he and everyone received a monthly news letter by e-mail, he forwarded this onto me every month, in it was everything from water supply to who was going to be mowing the grass ect! . i presumed incorrectly we would get the same.

rocky

Message Posted:
03/12/2008 15:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 53 of 256 in Discussion

Fred B I cannot understand how you can describe the food at Steves Bar as excellent I went there recently and it was ok to good , the service was fine and the people were nice. They had a limited lunchtime menu like many places but managed to prepare something for me which was not on that menu. I suppose it depends on your own standards and where you normally eat if you grant an excellent standard here what wouldy ou award Clardiges and other similar restuarants.. Unless of course you are part of the team there.

norths4me

Message Posted:
03/12/2008 16:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 54 of 256 in Discussion

Hi All

In October we stayed and had a very enjoyable time at TBV but there is to my view no comparison to SWB which I believe is miles in better.(No disrespect any TBV owners only my opinion)

With regards communication from SWB well it is a joke. Even when you email all you get is riddles back and no answers. A simple newsletter each month as the did at the start would be adequate. This side of the purchase is lacking from SWB and they need to sort it out as people are getting fed up and frustrated by the lack of credible info.

On the subject of Stevies, we went there in October for dinner and couldn't fault it, we had a really nice meal. Of course I couldn't compare it to the likes of Clardiges as I will never be likely to eat there but i no what I like.

andysue

Message Posted:
03/12/2008 16:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 55 of 256 in Discussion

im confused , were is steves bar?

Alexo

Message Posted:
03/12/2008 16:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 56 of 256 in Discussion

Andy,

Regarding your post No37 referenceing Scumbag scousers, thats a bit strong isn't it, that sort of talk is just the stuff to get the thread going in the wrong direction, slanging matches, name calling etc.

andysue

Message Posted:
03/12/2008 16:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 57 of 256 in Discussion

alex i think the threads going well, more baywatchers posting more than ever, even you ! sorry if you took offence to my comment on dear merseysiders twas only me and arthur having footy twang. . andy

andysue

Message Posted:
03/12/2008 16:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 58 of 256 in Discussion

just received e-mail from arthur B18 says keith and moira moving in tomorrow. seems things moving but very slow

Arthur

Message Posted:
03/12/2008 17:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 59 of 256 in Discussion

Andy, on the coast road back towards Girne there is a new development BEFORE you get to the Moulos Inn turn off. Stevie's had problems with the police, farmers etc on putting out signs. I'm afraid I'm in the Rocky camp in that although I know it was lunchtime, the food was average, and didn't compare to what I had in the evening at the Moulos.

Lost count of the times I've told SWB about their communication, or lack of it. I could have done with N4M when I was out there to find the leaks!!

I'm still firmly convinced that we'll have the best development in NC when it's all done. I believe that SWB are getting Sir Geoff Hurst to carry out the official opening of block 133 !!!!

andysue

Message Posted:
03/12/2008 18:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 60 of 256 in Discussion

arthur i hope sir geoff has a 2010 diary! only joking ah ah

andysue

Message Posted:
03/12/2008 18:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 61 of 256 in Discussion

in arthurs e-mail he comments about the number of workforce on site,apparently there isnt as many workers ,only one tilling gang and they aint doin any snagging he says. i asked him is oppinion of when site will be finished and he says six months at least. at least we have people on the ground to give us it straight.if its delayed six months they will have to pay compensation so im told? he will let me know how keith and moira go on thursday with there move.

Arthur

Message Posted:
03/12/2008 19:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 62 of 256 in Discussion

As I have said, I think a May finish is the best that can be expected. Just in time to see Southend United lift the FA Cup

rocky

Message Posted:
03/12/2008 20:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 63 of 256 in Discussion

andysue I would not count on any compensation from what I understand it is almost impossible to enforce. In the light of antipicated compensation claims it is likely that a devloper/builder will have sheltered or ringfenced assets in another company anyway. It is likely that some developers wont have any assets available to pay any compensation and particularly in this credit crunch. In my view to claim any compensation would in fact put any development at more risk. In fact who has been succesful at claiming compensation does anyone know on this forum?

rocky

Message Posted:
03/12/2008 20:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 64 of 256 in Discussion

Hi Alexo re message 56 you may not understand inter team rivalry here in the uk as I understand you are working in Indonesia. If Sumatra Bromwich Albion were playing Lompark Park Rangers there may be some banter between those fans in Indonesia mainly its harmless fun. ALthough saying that it was not fun went EL Salvador played Honduras in some compeitrion a few years ago in Central America this actually started a war. So please Andy Alexo dont start fighting.

andysue

Message Posted:
03/12/2008 20:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 65 of 256 in Discussion

rocky re message63. i know they wont pay compensation if they go over the four months grase period ive allready read other threads about it, thanks also for explaining the footy thingy, you shure have a way with words mate .regards andy

Alexo

Message Posted:
04/12/2008 09:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 66 of 256 in Discussion

Alex.

Rocky,

Thanks for the advice but I am well versed in the ways of inter team football rivalry, I have been a life long football supporter for the majority of my life and have only given up my season ticket within the last 4-5 years, this was due to the amount of time I spend out of the UK and also the fact that my son has now finished university and he is also working abroad therefore he cannot use the ticket in my absence.

It may also help to clarify the matter if I explain that the team I have always supported is Everton, so rivalry with the reds is second nature to me.

If Andy were to say LFC supporter scum I would not have any argument, maybe some reds might but not me.

It was the term Scouse scum and nothing else that I objected to, that to my mind is not very nice and could indeed lead to bad blood and ill feeling, so I just wanted to bring it to the fore and hopefully that will be the end of it, as for the regular football rivalry and banter I am all for some of

Alexo

Message Posted:
04/12/2008 09:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 67 of 256 in Discussion

Message 66 continued, just the one word.

that.

Regards to all.

Alex.

Alexo

Message Posted:
04/12/2008 10:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 68 of 256 in Discussion

Andy,

Please refer to above message, hope you see my point here.

Cheers,

Alex.

andysue

Message Posted:
04/12/2008 19:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 69 of 256 in Discussion

point taken, im sorry .regards andy

sweep

Message Posted:
04/12/2008 20:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 70 of 256 in Discussion

ever heard the saying

the best things come to those who wait, pushing a developer and builder to get things done quicker in my experience results in poor quality as they end up rushing and trying to do more tham they have the manpower to cope with .15yrs doing residential for uk biggest contractor is my experience of rushnig handovers and completions allways ends up with below par standard.

just had my first elec bill for the month 20 ytl all in rms checked for my bill at the apt and emailed me over the cost for the month them guys are good to us carnt knock em.

rocky

Message Posted:
04/12/2008 22:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 71 of 256 in Discussion

sweep is 20 the actual bill or just the addidiotnal amount they have taken having used your deposit to pay the rest of the bill???

rocky

Message Posted:
04/12/2008 22:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 72 of 256 in Discussion

Alex re message 68 that tells me you have to scroll through all the messages to get to the most recent message coz on my pc you needed to refer to the below

Alexo

Message Posted:
05/12/2008 07:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 73 of 256 in Discussion

Cheers Andy,

Good luck.

Alex.

Alexo

Message Posted:
05/12/2008 07:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 74 of 256 in Discussion

Rocky,

Not sure what is happening but my remark in message 68 was, refer to above message ie message 67.

Yes it would have been clearer if I had said please refer to message 66 and 67.

I suppose I have now made it all as clear as mud, so I just hope you have sorted it yourself, I'm sure you have.

Anyway hope to be able to have a glass or two of Efes with you, Andy and the other residents in the near future but I don't think I shall be over until next year around about the Easter period I think.

Cheers,

Good luck.

rocky

Message Posted:
05/12/2008 10:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 75 of 256 in Discussion

Ill miss you at Easter Alex going to christen the abode in Florida (available for rent of course you baywatchers who have nowhere to holiday in early 2009) Just booked flights for just over a week in JUly so hopefully completed and furnished by then. Edith sent me a text yesterday saying all the C style villas are sold so guess we can ask more for ours now!!!!!anyone want a bargain at £150K?

rocky

Message Posted:
05/12/2008 10:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 76 of 256 in Discussion

forgot to say if anyone wants to buy me a beer put it in my fridge before July please.

mint1955

Message Posted:
06/12/2008 03:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 77 of 256 in Discussion

Hi Sweep, Sorry I missed that you had completed is everything ok with your place?

Sheila&Phil

mint1955

Message Posted:
06/12/2008 03:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 78 of 256 in Discussion

Sweep unless I am being thick and you are on site how come you had an electric bill. What is using electricity if you are not there?

Sheila&Phil

sweep

Message Posted:
06/12/2008 16:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 79 of 256 in Discussion

20ytl is the bill i have payed for the period since the meter was fitted up to the end of november this will be a standard charge as i am not using the apt it, this worked out approx eight pounds for six week period.

yes i completed in september i went over for a week meet up with edith snagged the apt and paid in full as i was deilghted with what i had for the measily sum of 29900 and the complex was loooking good and making good progress so had no complaints at all apart from kiptec being a pain as usuall.

whilst over there i had a look round at other complexs and none of them even came close to being as good as swb i think anyone who has bourght on this complex will be pleased and the services provided by edith,andy and connie from rms were second to none i went home very , very pleased.

lobylud

Message Posted:
06/12/2008 16:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 80 of 256 in Discussion

Hi everybody,

I am now at the delivery stage and have been invoiced for my final payments.

This includes the last payment, VAT at 5% and the communal charge.

The communal charge is made up of electricity and water connection (excluding electicity bond and meter), site management for 6 months + VAT.

There was some discussion on the board about this communal charge, would anybody at the same stage as myself or further on like to comment to me (offline if necessary at jludford@aol.com ) about what they have done about this.

A snagging contact was also recommended by someone, could their details be also passed onto me please.

I won't be able to get out to NC until next year now, so was it easy to arrange through RMS the install/purchase of the electric meter and installation etc?

lobylud

Message Posted:
06/12/2008 16:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 81 of 256 in Discussion

Sorry to clarify what I'd written, VAT is 5 % on the property and 15% on the communal charge.

norths4me

Message Posted:
06/12/2008 17:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 82 of 256 in Discussion

Loby

Some have used Stuart Hillard to do their snagging compasscyprus@yahoo.com

He is meant to be good.

The site management is written in to your contract for the 6 months so there is nothing you can do about that I'm afraid.

We paid the communal charge in the end even though it was not written in our contract. This charge seemed to crop up on a lot of developments and when you see what others were been charged SWB was reasonable we felt anyway.

We used RMS for our electric connection as our apartment had not been tested at the time. We found them very good and Connie has just emailed me the first invoice from Kibtec

lobylud

Message Posted:
06/12/2008 17:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 83 of 256 in Discussion

Thanks John for the feedback and Stuart Hillards details.

The communal charge wasn't in my contract but I'd almost come to the decision to pay it and just wanted to check out what other people had done.

The 5% VAT on the property cost I could have done without at this time of year.

I want RMS to purchase the electric meter and connection because I don't think I can get out there in 2008 but the POA forms are a pain with instructions that they require certifying at the TRNC office in London.

Is this the only or best way to do it?

rocky

Message Posted:
06/12/2008 20:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 84 of 256 in Discussion

loby have sent you an email. You can get a power of attorney from Connie (RMS) which needs signing by you and witnessing by a Notary, They charge around £25 in this country are few and far between but you can find who they are on google then look for one local to where you live. The POA is in Turkish I have not compared it with the one I signed with my lawyer in Girne but will before I take it any further.The notary is only required to act as witness therefore surely he should not need understand the content. Although he may requires an English Translation to see where he should sign as witness which I am sure is available through the internet. You could ask Connie if she has a translation that would be very helpful of RMS if she has.

sweep

Message Posted:
07/12/2008 00:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 85 of 256 in Discussion

does anyone know when all the site facalitys will be completed and the site ready to use for a holiday or is it still like a building site.

the reason i ask is i have two little ones and do not want to take them to a full on building site and spoil a short break at christmas.

missymongrel

Message Posted:
07/12/2008 22:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 86 of 256 in Discussion

Sweep,

We were over a few weeks ago - it's still a building site and not suitable for a holiday with children.

MissyM

missymongrel

Message Posted:
07/12/2008 22:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 87 of 256 in Discussion

Sweep,

We were over a few weeks ago - it's still a building site and not suitable for a holiday with children.

MissyM

andysue

Message Posted:
07/12/2008 23:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 88 of 256 in Discussion

hi marisa, i think it would be idea to e-mail sweep the pics of the site you so kindly took and sent to me and others , i think he will understand what you mean. . regards andy

lobylud

Message Posted:
08/12/2008 02:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 89 of 256 in Discussion

Hi Guys,

Thanks for everybody who replied to me.

It gives me an idea what to do but it's a shame I can't get out there this side of Christmas.

Have a merry Christmas and a happy new year

John and family.

Arthur

Message Posted:
08/12/2008 15:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 90 of 256 in Discussion

To follow up on previous posts, I don't think the site will really be useable until March. I can't see SWB filling the pools whilst there is still major construction work going on, and in any case there are unlikely to be significant visitor numbers until the Spring.

We are likely to go out at the end of February/ beginning of March, but it could still be like the Battle of the Somme.

Regards

Arthur

rocky

Message Posted:
09/12/2008 20:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 91 of 256 in Discussion

Missy M why do you post

rocky

Message Posted:
09/12/2008 20:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 92 of 256 in Discussion

your reply twice is it to boost your number of postings?? have a great christmas everybody perhaps we will hear of a few completions in January

sweep

Message Posted:
09/12/2008 21:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 93 of 256 in Discussion

thanks for replys

i have just had confirmation of yoav that phase three will be on going till may/june

communial facalitys and managment are operational so i guess its up to me.

also i believe the lanscaping is up and running as i will be sent pics of swb shortly.

had plenty of info of the swb gang so no communication problems on my side they are keeping me updated when ever i ask a question.

andysue

Message Posted:
09/12/2008 22:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 94 of 256 in Discussion

i wish they would keep the website updated, it winds me up when they dont update on a more regular bassis SICK OF SEEING PHOTOS FROM AUGUST!

lobylud

Message Posted:
09/12/2008 22:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 95 of 256 in Discussion

I agree with Andy it's so frustrating that the website pictures aren't updated on a more regular basis.

It benefits everybody if it was, the buyers get to see what their site is looking like and keeps the exitement high and SWB would really benefit because potential buyers would see pictures of a development thats nearly finished and say to themselves, I'll check that great site out when I'm over there.

andysue

Message Posted:
09/12/2008 23:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 96 of 256 in Discussion

also information third hand again re sweeps post number 93 "yohav says phase three will be may/june completion" why then have i not had a e-mail ? ours is phase three. its like dealing with MI6!

Arthur

Message Posted:
10/12/2008 11:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 97 of 256 in Discussion

Andy-you're wrong.

It's the KGB comrade!!

gates

Message Posted:
10/12/2008 12:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 98 of 256 in Discussion

high you all we are bracey builders if you need any additonal work done ie elect/ plumbing /carpentry / guttering /pathways /ect ect we are english so you can tell us whet you want thats what you get free estimates or advisa call me on 05338433001

andysue

Message Posted:
10/12/2008 17:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 99 of 256 in Discussion

bracey builders can you build me path down to beach from appartment 133? send invoice to sweetwaterbay properties ltd . many tanks andy

rocky

Message Posted:
10/12/2008 23:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 100 of 256 in Discussion

loby I can see that you are logged in what are you doing about snagging?

Arthur

Message Posted:
11/12/2008 11:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 101 of 256 in Discussion

Rocky- msg 100. I leave Jackie to do the nagging.

Oh sorry, you were referring to snagging!!

rocky

Message Posted:
11/12/2008 12:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 102 of 256 in Discussion

yes it was an a and not an o

mint1955

Message Posted:
11/12/2008 13:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 103 of 256 in Discussion

No new pictures on SWB since beginning of November do you think they will suprise us at xmas with loads of new photos?

6 weeks and we will be out there so we are counting the days.

Is there anyone else planning on a visit before the beginning of Feb?

Sheila&Phil

rocky

Message Posted:
11/12/2008 13:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 104 of 256 in Discussion

Hi Mint I had an email from Edith last week and she says she will update the site this christmas. I guess the photos dont really matter as long as the work is progressing with the workforce on site. The longer they leave between the pictorial updates the more progress we will see (hopefully)

andysue

Message Posted:
11/12/2008 23:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 105 of 256 in Discussion

sheila and phil , have a good trip in feb but be warned it can be cold, infact it was bloody freezing when we went same time last year. please take some picys of 133 if you dont mind thanks. we are back out in april staying at ken and dianes place on turtle bay, sweetwater should be nearing completion by then! ( hopefully) regards andy

mint1955

Message Posted:
12/12/2008 00:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 106 of 256 in Discussion

Hi Andy,

We are happy to take photos anytime we are out there and we will make sure we take warm clothes. We are hoping to explore the area a lot more than we could in the heat last time we were out there. Plus trying out some of the restaurants.

We are seeing Jackie and Arthur saturday so a lot more SWB chat will be on the cards.

Its also christmas decorating weekend here so we are going to be busy.

Sheila&Phil

suntanman

Message Posted:
13/12/2008 18:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 107 of 256 in Discussion

Hi Sweetwaterbayers,

Do you mind me asking which maintenance company are in charge of Sweetwater Bay, and are you happy with their services?

andysue

Message Posted:
13/12/2008 18:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 108 of 256 in Discussion

hi suntanman, they are called RMS , cant comment yet because site not yet open and no one as far as i know have paid anything to them. met the guy incharge of rms mike armstrong in july seems very keen to make a success of ot. regards andy

mint1955

Message Posted:
14/12/2008 11:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 109 of 256 in Discussion

Hi Suntanman,

Are you a SWB buyer I recall seeing you post before but can't remember where you are buying?

We have Rainbow Management Solutions and Mike Armstrong can be contacted on rms@cyprus.com or phone (0090) 5338 452 548.

I know Mike has already been doing work for people taking possession and making the transition easier if they cant get over to NC.

Sheila&Phil

suntanman

Message Posted:
14/12/2008 13:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 110 of 256 in Discussion

andy, sheila & phil.

No, I am not buying on SWB, I'm on Crystal Bay View.

To be honest with you, I am only fishing for information from owners on other developments, and to see whether everyone is happy with the services their maintenance companies are offering.

Thanks for your help.

Andrew

rocky

Message Posted:
16/12/2008 23:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 111 of 256 in Discussion

bye bye folks the slopes of New England are waiting for me. Keep up the posts whilst I am away so I have something to read when I get back. All of you please have great christmases and look forward to getting your keys (in 2009!)

andysue

Message Posted:
17/12/2008

Join or Login to Reply
Message 112 of 256 in Discussion

new england eh! you lucky sod rocky, dont forget your camera mate ,plenty birds of prey like the bald eagle . im shure when you return we will have some good news. all the best andy

mint1955

Message Posted:
17/12/2008 02:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 113 of 256 in Discussion

Have a great christmas Rocky see you in 2009.

Sheila&Phil

andysue

Message Posted:
17/12/2008 19:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 114 of 256 in Discussion

hi all still no updated photos on the SWB website, anyone heard anything ? regards andy

gillken

Message Posted:
18/12/2008 10:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 115 of 256 in Discussion

Hi everyone

I am not on SWB, but I have bought a Villa very close to you all. May I ask, you are having shops on site.

I presume I will be able to use these shops?

Also I am curious if you just buy a Villa with own pool do you still pay a maintenance charge?

Just curious, I do not want to upset anyone when SWB is up and running but at the same time I would appreciate using the bar and shops.

jakki

Message Posted:
18/12/2008 14:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 116 of 256 in Discussion

I was going to offer to carry Rocky's bags - but it's too late now!! Have a wonderful Christmas!!

As I understand it, there will be a shop selling groceries etc. but whether this is open to the public I'm not sure because SWB will be a gated community. We have our own pool and service/maintenance charges still apply.

SWB's London office left a message on my mobile yesterday saying that the snagging is complete and wanting the balance of monies due - how many times have we heard that the snagging is complete - I want to see it with my own eyes. That's all the news I have at the moment.

Jackie

ps. I've just been informed that the offices and shops are outside the gates.

andysue

Message Posted:
18/12/2008 19:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 117 of 256 in Discussion

gilliken, yes you will be able to use shop. whoever takes the lease will have to make it pay your custom will be very welcome. the shop on turtle bay is behind the man,ed barrier but anyone can use it they just smile and nod at you then let you in. when you mention about maintenance charge you would not pay any charges if your villa is not on an enclosed site like sweetwaterbay with comunal facilitys . "i would have thought" regards andy

norths4me

Message Posted:
18/12/2008 19:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 118 of 256 in Discussion

Anyone who take over the shop and bar etc would need to open it to everyone otherwise they will not make any money. That is the reason the shops face the road.

Jakki we got an email and some pictures showing that the snagging we had picked up on had been rectified.

In one of the pictures of the roof terrace if you zoom in you can see they have started to Landscape. Could do with the website been updated.

kenny b

Message Posted:
18/12/2008 21:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 119 of 256 in Discussion

Hi all

We own on Turtle Bay and our shop and bar are open to the public .

I think that you will find that the local non SWB residents will keep the business ticking over during the quiet periods I have spoken to a number of people that use our Shop/bar that live in esentepe and I think the people of Tatlisu will use your Shop/Bar this should help to keep prices competitive.

One thing we have noticed on TBV is that we keep getting hit with additional charges water connection to local council and we have our own dessal plant,

Building/Site insurance when we thought it was covered by our maintenance fees?

I would be interested if those people that have now completed if they have been hit by additional charges from either their Management company or the local council or utilities suppliers?

Thanks

Kenny b

gillken

Message Posted:
18/12/2008 22:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 120 of 256 in Discussion

Hi Andysue.

I was not very clear sorry, I meant ...just being a nosey neighbour!! Do you all on SWB even if you have your own pool have to pay a standard maintenance charge?

andysue

Message Posted:
19/12/2008 00:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 121 of 256 in Discussion

yes we all have pay a monthly maintenance charge private pool or no private pool. regards andy

jakki

Message Posted:
19/12/2008 16:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 122 of 256 in Discussion

n4me - I know what you mean, we had a snagging list compiled by a surveyor and when Arthur went out to NC in November some items had been done but others specifically on the list had not (despite being told all the snagging had been sorted). In fact, Arthur produced a list of 28 points requiring attention. We have yet to receive any response to e-mails.

Is it correct then that the public will be able to use our facilities??????

mint1955

Message Posted:
20/12/2008 11:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 123 of 256 in Discussion

I was told the shop has doors to the road for anyone to use. I can see the logic as there would probably not be enough revenue for a shop to be profitable without the extra revenue from the public.

As far as outsiders using the facilities is concerned unless there is security on the gates then how will they be stopped? With a constant changing population especially in the holiday season when places will be rented out how could this be policed if at all.

Which facilities would be good to open to the public? Restaurant/bar?

Should they be charged? Pool and sauna etc? Possible day tickets for outsiders or not to be on the site?

I have read somewhere but dont quote me that beaches are not private so would people have right of access to the bays?

Not trying to be controversial just canvassing opinion.

Flu head so I might not be making much sense anyway.

Sheila&Phil

mint1955

Message Posted:
20/12/2008 11:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 124 of 256 in Discussion

Does anyone have any up to date photos? News? Heart warming sucess stories? Problems being faced by completers or near completers that would be good to pass onto us phase 3 er's.

There must be something happening over there!

We are on countdown to our visit on 31st Jan 09.

Sheila&Phil

lobylud

Message Posted:
20/12/2008 13:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 125 of 256 in Discussion

This point came up on the two developments at Turtle bay I believe.

To make them a going concern the shop and bar/restaurant would definately need to be open to outsiders or they will fail so I don't think there's a problem there.

The use of the facilities is another matter though. We will be paying our management charges and if I want to use the tennis court or the gym I wouldn't be happy if I couldn't because it was being used by outsiders.

If the site is open our costs that we are paying for upkeep are bound to go up and people who lived nearby would just see it as a free amenity.

People who are renting and friends and guests of owners who are present I think should be able to use the facilities.

andysue

Message Posted:
20/12/2008 13:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 126 of 256 in Discussion

hi sheila&phil , i asked same question earlier in week and virtualy no response. why not many posting and the deafing silence from sweetwaterbay no photo updates for two months either, something does,nt seem right shurley some one is in process of completing and has some news?. some of the political postings on this open forum are very worying im trying to be positive but if im honest with myself i would not have chose to buy in the TRNC with what i know now,sorry to seem negitive but with the site nearing completion we should all be hearing far more than we are. ive e-mailed arthur for a update ill post his reply. . andy

jakki

Message Posted:
20/12/2008 19:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 127 of 256 in Discussion

I have to agree totally with lobylud - do you think that the residents should send a joint e-mail to SWB in the New Year?? Will the residents and guests have to wear wrist bands?? It has to be said that if SWB and RMS allow outsiders to use the facilities I for one will be pretty p++++ed off!!!! Any news from Keith and Moira who apparently took possession on the 5th December it's all gone remarkably quiet.

andysue

Message Posted:
20/12/2008 19:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 128 of 256 in Discussion

ive received e-mail from arthur if anyone wants to see it e-mail me, good job we have arthur and dorothy living on there or we wouldnt no f--k all! doesnt make things look any more promissing tho . . regards andy

lobylud

Message Posted:
21/12/2008 00:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 129 of 256 in Discussion

Andy, stay positive, you will soon have a great apartment in a fantastic position with a view of the sea from your living room that will be tremendous.

They can't take that view away (unless they build a ten storey hotel on the beach, only joking).

Don't forget this is a mid to long term investment on your part.

Let the others talk politics, que sera sera, don't get depressed by their talk !

Can you send me a copy of the e-mail, you should have my address but let me know if you haven't.

andysue

Message Posted:
21/12/2008 18:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 130 of 256 in Discussion

hi john please e-mail me i have a load of johns in my computer i dont want to send it to wrong one, regards andy

andysue

Message Posted:
21/12/2008 23:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 131 of 256 in Discussion

hi john i ve sent you arthurs e-mail . . andy

gillken

Message Posted:
22/12/2008 01:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 132 of 256 in Discussion

Hi, sorry didn,t mean to open a can of worms!!

I was only thinking of your shop, and maybe bar. As previouusly said both need to make a living, and as your shop will be closest to us just thinking of milk for our cornflakes.

Would not dream of using your private facilities.

norths4me

Message Posted:
24/12/2008 14:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 133 of 256 in Discussion

Picture updates on SWB site

steviec

Message Posted:
24/12/2008 18:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 134 of 256 in Discussion

so much for the vision of my young children running barefoot in the communal gardens from my garden apartment. its all been gravelled a boring grey colour. I understand the lack of water and irrigation would be an issue but visions are visions especially when the site plan shows lucious green grass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

andysue

Message Posted:
24/12/2008 19:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 135 of 256 in Discussion

yes at last updated pics! they must have heard my moans from over here or they found out im forty six tomorow x-mas day! anyway all the best you lot . . andy ,susan and alex

Arthur

Message Posted:
24/12/2008 20:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 136 of 256 in Discussion

Andy- Happy Birthday/Christmas tomorrow.

46 ?? You don't look a day over 85.

Only joking, maybe we'll get round to a couple of Efes on the balcony in a few months.

Have a good one

Arthur

andysue

Message Posted:
25/12/2008 14:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 137 of 256 in Discussion

thanx arthur mate , look forward to the efes

andy

mint1955

Message Posted:
26/12/2008 02:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 138 of 256 in Discussion

Who is W&J? For that matter who is Arnold Nineteen?

Happy Christmas

andysue

Message Posted:
26/12/2008 13:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 139 of 256 in Discussion

so arnold ni ni ni ninteen can you name anyone whos took possesion and are deleriously happy ? can you tell us who you are ? im going to contact arthur and tell him what you posted

Milou

Message Posted:
26/12/2008 13:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 140 of 256 in Discussion

Dear Gang

Keith and I wish you all a restful festive season and many good things in the new year.

As we don't know who Arnold19 is, and as the three of us have not complained on the internet about our trials and tribulations since moving on site, we can only personally assume that Arnold19 is one of the SWB gang as they are the only ones who know what we're going through.

mint1955, Your villa is now really coming along

Walter and Jan are C39 and moved in on 5 December - they really are a lovely couple, who have worked hard all their lives and like us are desperate to have their problems with their villa solved. We have not said anything on this forum as we took the decision that sales at this time was more important.

I wonder why arnold19 is so afraid of us three couples living on site and what kind of person he or she is, not to allow us to find out who they are?

Kindest regards

andysue

Message Posted:
26/12/2008 13:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 141 of 256 in Discussion

if arnold nineteen is an employee of sweetwaterbay then its bang out of order to post anything

mint1955

Message Posted:
26/12/2008 14:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 142 of 256 in Discussion

If Arnold Ninteen is SWB then his only other post except for one about golf was stating he had been contacted to investigate RMS so that doesnt make sense!!

Thanks for the info re C41 cant wait to see it in 35 days.

Sheila

lobylud

Message Posted:
26/12/2008 14:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 143 of 256 in Discussion

This personal attack and abuse of these couples by arnold19 on an open internet forum is to my mind not called for and in total bad taste.

I do not know these people but found the comments by arnold19 totally unnecessary and must have been very upsetting for the couples concerned, especially at Christmas..

mint1955

Message Posted:
26/12/2008 16:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 144 of 256 in Discussion

Oh well its disapeared now so maybe we will never know!!!

andysue

Message Posted:
26/12/2008 17:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 145 of 256 in Discussion

so how as this post disapeared ? someone knows something , moderators are the only people who can delete posts. . . ?

norths4me

Message Posted:
26/12/2008 21:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 146 of 256 in Discussion

Arnold19 think about it people. 1st post made a total ass of themselves with that. Thier last post which has now been removed, lets imagine. Swb xmas do, 1 to many sherbets "Oh i no i will post a comment on c44 that will be fun! Next morning "OH NO! What have i done i may be sacked! Please Izzet remove my post. Thats my take on it and A19 should be sacked.

rocky

Message Posted:
26/12/2008 21:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 147 of 256 in Discussion

hi everyone from the snow clad resort at Stowe its cold, its very snowy, the foods is great the ski ing fabulous the wi fi internet free if you are looking for a good ski location not too crowded this place is it, look on the web cam now and I will give you a wave and a signal to arnold for the grief he caused the baywatcher population.

jakki

Message Posted:
26/12/2008 23:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 148 of 256 in Discussion

What have I missed - please do tell!!

mint1955

Message Posted:
27/12/2008 02:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 149 of 256 in Discussion

Rocky do you know who Arnold is then? Jakki someone by the name of Arnold Ninteen who posted one odd mail ages ago about RMS posted again over the xmas break something which wasnt too nice about the residents already living on SWB. Now its been deleted and its all a bit of a mystery.

Sheila

Milou

Message Posted:
27/12/2008 07:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 150 of 256 in Discussion

Hi All

Forgot to mention that we sat out on our patio on xmas day......clear blue skies..watched the snow covered mountains of Turkey.

I have emailed Izzet who has confirmed that one of the moderators has deleted the offensive post made by arnold19.

I have just heard that someone was charged £60 by RMS to have a furniture delivery to the site after hours - there are now three of us on site and any one of us wil be glad to help in a situation like this - we are at C39, C38 and B18 - my phone number is 0533 873 5348.

Regards

Moira

p.s. those coming out in the near future - bring woolies - it's cold at night

andysue

Message Posted:
27/12/2008 20:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 151 of 256 in Discussion

this is not a moan just an observation, last photos taken of the pool area and posted on SWB website were 6th october ! strange really its one of the things most buyers like seeing .

andy

Arthur

Message Posted:
28/12/2008 13:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 152 of 256 in Discussion

I don't know- I leave you lot to yourselves for a few days and you get into a load of shenanigans with Arnold 19 [is that his name or IQ ??]. Come off it Rocky, what's all this "Stowe"- don't you really mean Stowmarket. I suppose "apres-ski" is a couple of Adnams Broadside.

Andy, the main reason you haven't seen any photos of the pool area updated is because there has probably been very little change. But don't worry, Sir Geoff is definitely booked for the opening ceremony of block 133 !!!

Anyway, can't spend all day chatting with you lot. Off to see The Hammers against Stoke City.

Arthur

P.S. In case I don't post before the New Year, a very happy and healthy New Year to you all.

davidoff

Message Posted:
28/12/2008 19:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 153 of 256 in Discussion

Hi all,

Hope all had a good christmas and wish you all a happy new year!!

As for A19 - Didnt see the post but shame on them its pathetic and clealry not worth wasting my time on!!!

off skiing to the usa for a week - catch up in the new year??

Rocky Ill meet you half way between stowe and lake tahoe for a few festive bevvies??

take care d xxx

mint1955

Message Posted:
29/12/2008 11:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 154 of 256 in Discussion

Hi Davina,

Happy New Year and hope you have a great trip.

Sheila&Phil

rocky

Message Posted:
29/12/2008 20:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 155 of 256 in Discussion

Mint when are you off to NC and if you are taking your camera would appreciate some pictures of you have time. Why not also take some shots of the SWB residents so we know who they are.

mint1955

Message Posted:
29/12/2008 20:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 156 of 256 in Discussion

We fly on the 31st Jan so will do Rocky. Will they be for the SWB Residents Hall of Fame or Rogues Gallery

Certainly we will take yours and any of the site and if anyone else wants specific ones of their apartments or villas please just let us know.

Sheila&Phil

rocky

Message Posted:
03/01/2009 00:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 157 of 256 in Discussion

29 days to go sheila

rocky

Message Posted:
03/01/2009 00:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 158 of 256 in Discussion

at least we are back on the first page happy new year everyone I note Davidoff is orf to USA ski ing hope she is prepared for an exchange rate after the dealer spread of amount 1.35 dollars to the pound. It makes the USA expensive for us Brits with the Euro also increasing in value the best value holidays in 2009 must be Turkey and North Cyprus.. In July we got 1.8 dollars to the pound.

manwell

Message Posted:
03/01/2009 20:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 159 of 256 in Discussion

Hi rocky iam sorry you was not happy,but we had only just opened,and had very limited menu atn that time.I wish you and all very happy new year.And hope will try us now we are up &running best wishes stevie & all staff

rocky

Message Posted:
03/01/2009 21:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 160 of 256 in Discussion

manwell I did not say I was not happy. I was made welcome food and service were all OK but some posts were raving about the quality and the choice. I found the lunch time menu limited and found more choice of menu elsewhere eg up at Bellapais the thieves kebab melted in my mouth it takes something special to beat that. I will try you again obviously I will not wear my Rocky T short and had better be anonomous hadnt I!!

samblaney1985

Message Posted:
11/01/2009 20:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 161 of 256 in Discussion

jo valentine- been trying to look for your website to get a quote for moving some bits to swb, but its not letting me on ??

andysue

Message Posted:
12/01/2009 18:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 162 of 256 in Discussion

hi all anyone want to see some very recent photos of the site? ron went down yesterday and sent me some along with very positive coments about sweetwaterbay in general. . please e-mail me and ill forward them.

regards andy

steviec

Message Posted:
12/01/2009 18:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 163 of 256 in Discussion

Hi Andy,

Would love some pics email: steven.celimon@kings-group.net

Thanks

Steven

andysue

Message Posted:
12/01/2009 18:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 164 of 256 in Discussion

hi steve ive sent them. ron will take some more over the next few weeks while hes over there ill ask him to take more of the site in general like the office and shops. bit surprised he took these so soon after he got to north cyprus ( saterday night he landed) still better than having none tho!

andy

andysue

Message Posted:
12/01/2009 18:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 165 of 256 in Discussion

i meant SATURDAY!

mint1955

Message Posted:
12/01/2009 18:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 166 of 256 in Discussion

Hi AndySue,

We would love to have a look at the photos please.

Sheila&Phil

rocky

Message Posted:
12/01/2009 21:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 167 of 256 in Discussion

me too Andy the swb site has not been updated for my place since November

missymongrel

Message Posted:
12/01/2009 22:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 168 of 256 in Discussion

Hi Andy

We would love to have a look at the photos, could you email them to marisa_ray@hotmail.com?

Thx

MissyM

andysue

Message Posted:
12/01/2009 22:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 169 of 256 in Discussion

just to let you all know ron will take more photos of the site during the course of his stay, he had bad news on saturday night. while collecting his bags at larnacre airport he realised his money belt was missing with two and a half grand in cash gone! to say hes pickled off is a understatement , dont think i would have been in mood to take pics if that had happend to me thirty six hours ago. .

regards andy

lobylud

Message Posted:
12/01/2009 22:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 170 of 256 in Discussion

That's terrible news !

Does he think it was stolen or did he lose it ?

Were the police helpful or not ?

Either way it would certainly put a dampener on the holiday.

How does he stand with his holiday insurance?

samblaney1985

Message Posted:
12/01/2009 22:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 171 of 256 in Discussion

hi andy sue, my email is sblaney1985@yahoo.co.uk if you wouldnt mind sending me some updated pics?? much appreciated

sam

x

andysue

Message Posted:
12/01/2009 23:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 172 of 256 in Discussion

well loby i new some one would ask so here goes, he took his money belt off on the flight over on monarch because it was uncomfortable while he had a knapp, on landing he simply forgot and left the aircraft as last passengers ,while waiting for cases anne asked him to be carefull with so much cash and bang! he realised it was still on aircraft. lets just say he wont be traveling with monarch again. on brighter note ive just recieved news letter two from rms , things are definately looking good. .

andy

suziej

Message Posted:
13/01/2009 02:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 173 of 256 in Discussion

Hi Andy

Could you send me the pics please.suziej5@hotmail.com. Were nearly at the stage of completing do you know who the majority of people are using for snagging and applying for the electricity. does anyone know what Sarah Hardy is like?

Regards '

Suzanne (Wigan)

andysue

Message Posted:
13/01/2009 17:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 174 of 256 in Discussion

suzanne ive sent the pics , keep having a look on this forum ive asked ron to take some more and ill post when he does . the lady you mention sarha hardy is i think sarah verdy of homemakers, she snagged my mates place at TBV and he cant speak any highly of her service , we will proberbly use her too. if you want her e-mail ill get it of ken

andy (fellow wiganer)

suziej

Message Posted:
13/01/2009 20:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 175 of 256 in Discussion

Thanks for your email Andy sites looking great eh? No idea why we havn't received the newsletter tho! I'l get Paul to chase that up.

I emailed Sarah Vardy and RMS last night for quotes. So far Homemakers have replied but RMS have yet to do so.'

wondering whether to buy the show house furniture, at first i was positive i didn't want it because i hate that blue sofa!! But i'm having trouble getting prices from most of the furniture sites. If anyone knows of any sites that have prices i'd appreciate any advice.

I'll keep my eye on the forum as you suggested for more pics and any suggestions.'

Redards Suzanne

rocky

Message Posted:
13/01/2009 20:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 176 of 256 in Discussion

andysue do you know what sarh charges?? I mean for snagging, I hope that spelt correctly and not with an O or (shut up Rocky)

andysue

Message Posted:
13/01/2009 20:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 177 of 256 in Discussion

rocky ill find out what she charged ken and post it here , he was very happy with her service infact he wouldnt stop going on about what she did for him! YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN!

andy

andysue

Message Posted:
13/01/2009 21:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 178 of 256 in Discussion

rocky ive sent you the e-mail ken sent me re sarah verdy snagging charges etc you can see see her invoice and what she does and her costings. . anyone els want it let me know

andy

rocky

Message Posted:
13/01/2009 21:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 179 of 256 in Discussion

thanx Andy have received. The fee looks reasonable to me. I may well involve her but also hope to attend the snagging and then leave the remedials for her providing that she is my local repesentative. I remain in the dark over completion they stil have not asked for the stage 4 payment which was actually planned for last July. So until I see up to date photos not sure where we are. Still Mint is over shortly hopefull a back photo front photo and kitchen photo may give me a clue. I was there at the beginning of NOvember and could hardly get in with tilers, stonemasons, electricians and plumbers.

suziej

Message Posted:
13/01/2009 21:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 180 of 256 in Discussion

Hi

the snagging charge for 3 bed apt is £275. she also quoted me for electric meter app which is £100. does that sound reasonable?'

Regards

rocky

Message Posted:
13/01/2009 21:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 181 of 256 in Discussion

I think RMS charge £60 for a meter

suziej

Message Posted:
13/01/2009 21:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 182 of 256 in Discussion

Hi Andy i wouldn't mind taking a look at the invoice. It all sounds good to me.'

Regards

andysue

Message Posted:
13/01/2009 21:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 183 of 256 in Discussion

rocky remind me which villa is yours ill get ron take some pics on his next trip down maybe even this week, when he e-mails me ill forward them.

andy

suziej

Message Posted:
13/01/2009 21:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 184 of 256 in Discussion

I've asked RMS for a quote but they havn't replied yet. Will let you know what the fee is once they reply.

regards

andysue

Message Posted:
13/01/2009 21:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 185 of 256 in Discussion

suz ive sent the info also sent by mistake another report from sarah pre invoice

andy

kenny b

Message Posted:
14/01/2009 02:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 186 of 256 in Discussion

Hi Rocky/Suzie j

I cannot speak highly enough of Sarah I was recommended to her by another of Andys mates Ronaldo who also posts.Both me and Ronaldo think her charges are more than reasonable given the level of service she delivers.She would be more than happy to pass keys to suppliers and then check everything before you arrive.She will keep you right upto date with your snagging and she doesnt miss a thing. When we had our curtains delivered she noticed a small flaw on one of the curtains she photographed it emailed me the photo and made sure the it was sorted day after.We used Fiskos and the Curtain shop for 99% of our stuff and again both were excellent and Sarah deals with both companys so the relationship is there and between the 3 of them they made what can be a stressfull time very easy. Andy uses my apartment when he visits SWB I am sure he will inform you of the quality they provide and at very reasonable prices I negotiated good discounts with both suppliers.

Kenny

lobylud

Message Posted:
14/01/2009 02:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 187 of 256 in Discussion

Hi Andy,

message 177 sounds a bit 'adult'

Was kenny's wife with him?

kenny b

Message Posted:
14/01/2009 02:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 188 of 256 in Discussion

Hi Suzanne

Great to see another Wiganer on the forum we are regular visitors to the TRNC

we are out 4/5 times this year when me and Ronaldo go out we always keep our mate Andy/Sue upto date with whats going on at SWB I think I have seen his plot more times than him I have seen your site develop over the past 18 months and have always been impressed with the site Ron rang me last night and told me SWB was looking great if theres anything I can help you with just give me email off board if you want its not a problem we are out again in March and I will be taking some photos for Andy so wont have a problem taking a few for you Andy is going out in April and I am sure he will do the same.

Keep posting

Keep smiling

Kenny

kenny b

Message Posted:
14/01/2009 02:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 189 of 256 in Discussion

Lolylud

Good job my wife doesnt read these postings !!!!!!!!

Keep posting

Keep smiling

Kenny

rocky

Message Posted:
14/01/2009 19:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 190 of 256 in Discussion

where are you mint r u packing your cases? if so dont forget the camera I would like a back and a front an an internal please if u have time (by internal I meant an inside picture not an examination) I want to see what kitchen cabinet doors they have fixed, if they have fixed any yet? haffa gr8 trip

andysue

Message Posted:
14/01/2009 21:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 191 of 256 in Discussion

hi rocky , ron will take some pics of joyce mansions for you on his next foray down to our site , maybe this week maybe next.

andy

rocky

Message Posted:
14/01/2009 22:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 192 of 256 in Discussion

cheers Andy

mint1955

Message Posted:
14/01/2009 22:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 193 of 256 in Discussion

Hi Rocky,

We are still counting down we arrive there on the 31st and we have you on the list for photos no problem.

If anyone else wants some snaps then please let us know your villa or apartment number and we will do them for you.

Sheila and Phil

rocky

Message Posted:
16/01/2009 19:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 194 of 256 in Discussion

Well I am getting exited sometime this year I think my property will be ready hopefully b4 our holiday there. If it aint I may be after a SWB property to rent but would need min of 3 bedrooms. Justa question for others completed or near completion. Are the fitted Solar panels purely for hot water? if they are has anyone examined the more expensive panels that also generate electricity from daylight? If the additional expense is not too significant it may be worthwhile considering this option free electricity...well almost I dont know the payback period any comments??

rocky

Message Posted:
16/01/2009 23:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 195 of 256 in Discussion

Another question for those completing are all owners required currently to sign the P of A for kibtek if RMS or other applies for the meter for you. I understand it varies just wondered wot the requirement is now.

I also undertsand that solicitors in this country can witness the document provided they are happy to witness a document which is in Turkish??????

rocky

Message Posted:
18/01/2009 14:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 196 of 256 in Discussion

why is everyone quiet

mint1955

Message Posted:
18/01/2009 14:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 197 of 256 in Discussion

We are just watching but I did speak to Connie by mail yesterday and she said there are piles of tiles on our roof so we may have that bit finished when we arrive. The last photo we have is november when it was just a grey shell not sure what progress apart from the roof to expect. I think it was Moira that mentioned it was being rendered so it may also be white? Do the windows and doors go in after that or before? Who knows but it will be a suprise I think when we arrive.Sheila&Phil

rocky

Message Posted:
18/01/2009 17:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 198 of 256 in Discussion

Mint dont get tooooooooo exited if you look at the website C31 had tiles on in March 2007 !!we are nearly 2 years later and not sure if its finished yet. Mine had had tiles on a while ago been hoping for an early finsih bit I think C31 puts everything into perspective. Perhaps the photos you take will cheer me up. I need to get our there to complete hopefully before the end of March coz we go off to Florida then. If I can get out to complete late Feb that would be great I could then speak to Connie about various stuff like Kibtek and Insurance and Security locks, web cams etc. I also need to see (is it Alan about a few extras) and order furniture ready for the July visit. I may leave the curtains etc to a local designer coz I think Arthur C34 may have put the curtain rails up too high. Re my recent postings have you investigated the solar panels that also produce electricity. I wonder if the properties are left clean enough or do we need to arrange a professional clean, any comments

steviec

Message Posted:
18/01/2009 18:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 199 of 256 in Discussion

Hi SWB,

had a lovely email from nieghbours who have moved in at 115 last week, Im sure they have had a few trials and tribulations but they apparantly love it. In awnser to question about cleaning, they are proffesionally cleaned before you take over according to them.

andysue

Message Posted:
18/01/2009 21:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 200 of 256 in Discussion

rocky ive sent photos of joyce mansions to you , apparently ron was to do this later in week but he went fishing at the carp lake this morn and nearly got shot hunters were out firing at anything that moved he shit himself and packed up early so went down to our site and took a load , mostly of your villa but some general like gate entrence. .

andy

andysue

Message Posted:
18/01/2009 21:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 201 of 256 in Discussion

also arthur whos been living on site as asked me to forward e-mail he sent me regarding electic meter ,snagging and structual survey to anyone wanting info about this please e-mail me ill forward it . arthur knows everything about anything over there and you will see thro reading it he will piont you in the right direction, cant be bad eh?

andy

mint1955

Message Posted:
18/01/2009 22:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 202 of 256 in Discussion

Hi Andy,

Any info would be appreciated so that we can all make plans or at least be aware what we should be looking out for. As always if there are any photos that would be of interest please would you pass them on to us.

Sheila&Phil

andysue

Message Posted:
18/01/2009 22:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 203 of 256 in Discussion

hi sheila ive forwarded arthurs e-mail. . dont forget to take some pics for me and susan . appartment 133GL MANY THANKS andy

rocky

Message Posted:
18/01/2009 22:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 204 of 256 in Discussion

Andy thanx for the photos at least I can see that I may be optimistic on a Feb completion. There seems a lot to do. Please pass my thanx to your mate it can be quite a chore if you get several requests for photos but they are really helpful.I was promised some be Edith but perhaps she does not know how to download them.

rocky

Message Posted:
18/01/2009 22:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 205 of 256 in Discussion

whoops forgot ( dementia setting in) I woul dbe interested in the E Mail also please

andysue

Message Posted:
18/01/2009 23:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 206 of 256 in Discussion

sheila&phill did you get the mail and photos ?

andy

mint1955

Message Posted:
19/01/2009 18:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 207 of 256 in Discussion

Yes thanky ou Andy. We will take loads of the site when we are out there and post them up somewhere.

Sheila&Phil

lobylud

Message Posted:
19/01/2009 19:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 208 of 256 in Discussion

Hi Andy,

Would you also send me the e-mail and the photo's please.

Loby

andysue

Message Posted:
19/01/2009 19:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 209 of 256 in Discussion

hi john ive just sent them

andysue

Message Posted:
19/01/2009 22:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 210 of 256 in Discussion

i e-mailed rms today with a querie about the energy saving key fob , got a reply wihin two ours that explained it all. well done rms

andy

mint1955

Message Posted:
19/01/2009 23:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 211 of 256 in Discussion

Are these energy savings thingys more for people renting their places out?

Sheila&Phil

Arthur

Message Posted:
20/01/2009 15:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 212 of 256 in Discussion

Hi Sheila & Phil,

The idea is that if someone uses your villa, they can't go out & leave the aircon etc on full blast, which would leave you with an horrendous electric bill after they've gone.

See you Saturday

Arthur

andysue

Message Posted:
20/01/2009 18:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 213 of 256 in Discussion

received a reply to another e-mail i sent connie at rms , here goes and she is serious. . she reckons they have had a request from someone whos bought at sweetwaterbay that the site be made alcahol free ! meaning only soft drinks at the bar, now i aint joking but if this is pulled of mines up for sale before i get the keys. she said because the said person/people are persuing this they are to contact everyone to here there views. ill forward her e-mail if anyone wants to see it.

andy

sienna

Message Posted:
20/01/2009 18:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 214 of 256 in Discussion

Fantastic April fools joke this person is a bit early though

Regards

rocky

Message Posted:
20/01/2009 18:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 215 of 256 in Discussion

Andy I am sure throughout the properties there will be enough alcohol and that we wont go thirsty. I guess if the shop like at TBV will sell alcohol and tis cheaper to drink at home on your own terrace and invite your friends anyway. If you go to the bar you may have to drink with someone like me. If you can let us know when you are having your welcoming party we can all be there and help you drink your goodies. I guess as we get toward 250 messages you need to think about thread 3 dont you?

andysue

Message Posted:
20/01/2009 19:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 216 of 256 in Discussion

plenty space yet rocky, sienna i too had to check the date !

missymongrel

Message Posted:
20/01/2009 22:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 217 of 256 in Discussion

Whoever it is who has asked for the site to be alcohol free is going to be a popular person on SWB - NOT! I'd love to see what ratio of alcohol to alcohol free responses they get! We'll all be on holiday for goodness sake, we want to be able to relax in the bar with a few vino collapsoes! MM

mint1955

Message Posted:
20/01/2009 23:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 218 of 256 in Discussion

I cannot believe that it would even be considered and I sincerely hope this is not the start of a host of crazy rules. I havnt heard anything about this from Connie so maybe a wind up?

Cheers

Sheila

andysue

Message Posted:
21/01/2009 00:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 219 of 256 in Discussion

sheila if its a wind up i wont be happy , cant see why she would say this if it wasnt true. . anyway more chance of liverpool winning premeirship than SWB being alcohol free zone. .

andy

mint1955

Message Posted:
21/01/2009 00:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 220 of 256 in Discussion

Well I won't be voting for it! Surely there are more pressing matters to be discussed and sorted or are RMS going to have to waste time (and our money)canvassing owners everytime someone comes up with a ludicrous idea. What next, what time lights out? Voting on what colour washing lines are acceptable?

Or are we going to strive to have a site where everyone works together in a respectful and neighbourly way and where common sense prevails.

Alexo

Message Posted:
21/01/2009 07:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 221 of 256 in Discussion

If the site is to be alcohol free than I am dead set against it but if it was a typo and it should have read "free alcohol", well I am all for that!!

rocky

Message Posted:
21/01/2009 10:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 222 of 256 in Discussion

Mint in reply to 220 I have owned on a complex before, wait for it !!!!different types of owners have different requirments and to be honest with you after attending two full day owners meetings on a complex in spain I just did not bother and had more time on the beach and in the bar. I was prepared to give my proxy vote to someone I trusted. Thats another battle seeing how many votes you can get for absent owners. I am not saying anymore about many silly rules the trouble is they are difficult to enforce. EG no swimming after 9 pm,both noisy nd risky- do you pull people out of the pool, absent owners have different needs to owner occupiers, differing nationalities and so on. It was very difficult to police outsiders who elected to use the pool and other facilities coz the gates were more often left open or non functioning. Even then people jumped over the walls. One rule we must strictly enforce is no glass whatsoever in the pool areas.RISKS injury and empty pool refill expense.

Arthur

Message Posted:
21/01/2009 10:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 223 of 256 in Discussion

I'm against even having to pay RMS to carry out a vote. If someone feels that strongly about alcohol and want to change normal custom & practice, THEY should pay for a vote. The only way they'd win a vote was if they took lessons from Robert Mugabe [last year's winner of the Eurovision Song Contest].

Rocky............pass the Chablis..........I'm feeling faint..................

lobylud

Message Posted:
21/01/2009 11:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 224 of 256 in Discussion

Nice one Alexo, I'll second that.

sienna

Message Posted:
21/01/2009 12:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 225 of 256 in Discussion

One persons wishes cannot override the rights of all owners there is no possible way this would ever be passed

So I wouldn't archive your bottle openers and wine bottles just yet.

Politely tell them where togo, ignore and move on

Cheers Hic!

rocky

Message Posted:
21/01/2009 12:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 226 of 256 in Discussion

thats Loby, Missy Mongrel, Arthur, Alex, Andy and me all against the alcohol ban (if it not a wind up) so we have 6 votes where are the opposers - come show yourselves and get out of the closet its 6-0 to date- just how Ipswich will beat Chelsea on Saturday...

davidoff

Message Posted:
21/01/2009 13:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 227 of 256 in Discussion

Hi all,

I dont agree with the NO ALCOHOL on site!!!

Its sounds as if yet again that it is PERMENANT RESIDENT ONSITE who has decided on this decision and I bet I have an inclingly who is behind this decision??

As previously I know that there were some full time residents who were nor keen on the restaurant and bar in the first place as their view was that " as they were living onsite there was no need for a bar and restaurant and didnt want one onsite"

Thats fine for them but what about the 140 others who have bought who will be visiting and holidaying a few times a year with guests who will ALL WANT AND NEED these facilities??

The main issue right now is actually getting a company into run these services which has always been a grey and cloudy subject??

Equally I question whether the licence has been obtained for this or has yet to be authorised?? As this could also explain a few things??

Hope its not a wind up guys and gals but it has my heckles up for now??

d x

rocky

Message Posted:
21/01/2009 13:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 228 of 256 in Discussion

so that is 7-0

rocky

Message Posted:
21/01/2009 13:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 229 of 256 in Discussion

I must confess I do understand peoples concerns re a bar and a shop on the site. Indeed they will both attract people and more cars and these visitors may make also use of the site. There is also wear and tear of the roads if they drive in and no doubt the owners will need to finance the road repairs. Indeed the bar, management company and shop owners may think they have the right to permit friends relatives and just anyone to use the facilities. If we had a choice the development would be more select without the facilities perhaps an alcohol library would be better for owners and tenants only. THere are always at least 2 or three ways of looking at these things hence just wait for the owners meetings.

mint1955

Message Posted:
21/01/2009 15:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 230 of 256 in Discussion

Me 8 -0

An alcohol library now that is an interesting concept

andysue

Message Posted:
21/01/2009 18:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 231 of 256 in Discussion

davina re message 227, i also have a inckling who is behind this crazy idea. . anyway guys and gals this subject as at least got us posting if nothing els

andy

norths4me

Message Posted:
21/01/2009 18:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 232 of 256 in Discussion

An alcohol free bar I think its a brilliant idea I mean who wants to go on holiday and drink alcohol?? I think its disgraceful. Imagine the profits that are to be made in an alcohol free bar I may even put an offer in.

Another point worth raising is should we allow tennis to be played on the tennis courts. I mean it could be used for picnics!!!!!!!

Get a grip and count me for the booze bar or the free bar

andysue

Message Posted:
21/01/2009 19:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 233 of 256 in Discussion

come on rocky your keeping tabs

lobylud

Message Posted:
21/01/2009 19:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 234 of 256 in Discussion

Alexo was right, we need a 'free alcohol bar' not a 'alcohol free bar'.

Andy, you haven't mentioned the other Sweetwater bay thread yet, are you frightened of upsetting people?

Ye Gods, there's a spare bit of land outside my apartment.

andysue

Message Posted:
21/01/2009 19:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 235 of 256 in Discussion

john ive posted twice on the sweetwaterbay night club thread. gone from one extreme to the other. must say its a grand idea

andy

andysue

Message Posted:
21/01/2009 23:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 236 of 256 in Discussion

some new photos of appartments 117,118 and a few more but they are dated 15/12/09 same as last but im shure they have only just gone on website.

andy

rocky

Message Posted:
21/01/2009 23:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 237 of 256 in Discussion

its still 8-0 aint it

andysue

Message Posted:
21/01/2009 23:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 238 of 256 in Discussion

yes keep a count rocky your the man with numbers, ill buy you a pint or ten when we meet at the bar ! oops thats goin upset someone ee ee ah ah

andy

mint1955

Message Posted:
21/01/2009 23:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 239 of 256 in Discussion

9 - 0

Loby, Missy Mongrel, Arthur, Alex, Andy , Rocky, Mint, Norths4me,Davidoff,

with partners it looks like a party to me

Sienna are you buying on SWB?

Sheila

andysue

Message Posted:
21/01/2009 23:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 240 of 256 in Discussion

cant wait !

Arthur

Message Posted:
22/01/2009 10:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 241 of 256 in Discussion

I'm afraid I can't believe that it's anything more than a wind up. If someone is proposing "alcohol free", can I humbly suggest to that person that if they don't tell other people how to run their lives, then the rest of us equally will let them be teetotal if they so desire.

Perhaps they may want to run a temperance bar, I'm sure it would be a roaring success.

Rocky, I'm feeling faint again.........................pass the Pinot Noir

davidoff

Message Posted:
22/01/2009 11:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 242 of 256 in Discussion

Hi all,

And welcome back baywatchers!!

Nothing like a debate to re-unite people!

N4M- Missed you.... where have you been?? Happy new year!

Rocky totally understand and appreciate what you said about wear and tear etc ...but I dont think it will be that bad as the area in general is very quite and not many people around within the drunken staggering home distance/radius to the swb site.

take care d x

homebird

Message Posted:
22/01/2009 17:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 243 of 256 in Discussion

Hi to all you Sweetwater Bay owners. My name is Paddy and I am the other half of 'Homebird'. If I may, I would like to set the record straight on a few things, and don't intend to use this site again. We have been living on the site for two weeks now, (were here for 4 months) and maybe can put some of your minds at rest as to what is really happening out here. We have experienced nothing but kindness and tremendous service from RMS and Sweetwater bay management. These are good people folks, and they are doing a difficult job within difficult parameters (local labour standards). Of course we have had teething problems with our apartment, but don't all new builds?! However, Edith, Connie, Andy and Mike have been superb, and the negative comments on this forum are not worthy of them (or the people who keep writing them). And no- I'm not related to them or paid by them!!! Could I suggest, with the greatest respect to you all-that this is yours and our site-it's coming along great...cont..

rocky

Message Posted:
22/01/2009 17:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 244 of 256 in Discussion

good news homebird gr8 2 c positive postings waiting for the continuation with baited breathe

homebird

Message Posted:
22/01/2009 17:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 245 of 256 in Discussion

.....cont...Only we though can make it work! We will all get a chance to vote in a proper residents committee, democratically chosen may i add-not self appointed as is going on now (not for long eh folks!!!!)-and we can all have say in the business. So please do not listen to all the negative guff thats been posted here-or on sneaky 'hand grenade' e-mails that are going around. Of course a we will need a bar-I'm 64 and a wrinkly, but were here to enjoy ourselves , kids, oldies,-were all going to be part of the family hopefully. I personally look forward to leaning on the bar late into the night .! So we look forward to seeing people coming in who will liven the site up and make it a great community! This is the place believe me!!!!! By the way-were going to make a start on cleaning the beach, which has not cleaned for years by the look of it because were here and want to make a positive contribution to where we live. So please give Edith and the crew a break from now on-...

homebird

Message Posted:
22/01/2009 17:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 246 of 256 in Discussion

.....they all work 24/7 for us-and we appreciate it. You will too when you come on board. The sun is out now and i am going to break open a can of beer on all your behalfs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Paddy

andysue

Message Posted:
22/01/2009 19:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 247 of 256 in Discussion

well said paddy ill buy you a efes when we are over in april, but i dont think anyone as realy had a go at anyone from rms or sweetwaterbay, we may have a moan or two like the photos not being updated for a couple of months. i personally get on great with connie,andy and edith and i posted on here ages ago that i was impressed with what mike had to say when i met him

norths4me

Message Posted:
22/01/2009 19:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 248 of 256 in Discussion

Davidoff, Good to see you posting again I was wondering what had happened to you thought you had run away. I am always checking in on the forum but don't contribute unless there is something of interest Happy NY to you too.

Welcome Paddy and thanks for the positive comments its always good to hear some.

Andy, I checked the SWB website and I cant see any updated pictures. 118 which is my block still has a picture from October on it.

andysue

Message Posted:
22/01/2009 19:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 249 of 256 in Discussion

sorry it was 116 and 117

andy

sweep

Message Posted:
22/01/2009 20:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 250 of 256 in Discussion

hi norths 4 me

i also own garden apt on 118 at the back.

i also agree with home bird during my visit rms / swb were brilliant and couldnt of been anymore helpfull and welcoming.

norths4me

Message Posted:
22/01/2009 20:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 251 of 256 in Discussion

Andy the pictures haven't changed of those blocks since they were last updated.

Sweep, Yes I agree with you, you are lucky to be in the same block as me

andysue

Message Posted:
22/01/2009 20:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 252 of 256 in Discussion

n4me im shure they just updated a few on your row, might be wrong but i cant remember seeing any pics of appartments complete with gardens like in those before?

andy

davidoff

Message Posted:
22/01/2009 22:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 253 of 256 in Discussion

Hi all,

Welcome to the forum homebird.

Agree with your posting regarding rms and swb and fully appreciate their hard work and effort and their endless support theyve given me personally over the years.

Im just abit baffled as I didnt notice anyones comments including my own also where weve been critical of them lately??

Have I missed something??

As for granade e-mails and the RA yet again what have I missed??

take care d x

andysue

Message Posted:
22/01/2009 22:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 254 of 256 in Discussion

beats me too davina, only the other day i posted a comment on how impressed i was with a very prompt response to a e-mail i made to them. perhaps hombird thinks we are out of order taking the micky out of who ever wants a alcohol free sweetwaterbay?

andy

mint1955

Message Posted:
23/01/2009 00:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 255 of 256 in Discussion

We have never had any reason to be unhappy with Edith and Andy SWB or Mike and Connie at RMS and enjoyed meeting them last year. Yes we, as have others, moaned about lack of promised newsletters and long gaps between updated photo's being posted but I have never said anything on here I havnt already mentioned to them in person. Sheila

mint1955

Message Posted:
23/01/2009 00:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 256 of 256 in Discussion

If there is a beach clearing party, can we join in please when we are over there between 1st and 7th Feb? We will visit the site to take some more photos for ourselves and also have some requests from others for photos and have a really good look round as last time we saw it the site was still very dusty and our plot hadnt been started. Connie tells me that there are stacks of tiles on our roof so things are moving on and we are really excited to get to see it all again.

We would love to be on site more permanantely than we will be able to manage for a few years yet but we will certainly be taking an active interest in what is happening and getting to know more of you in person. Sheila&Phil

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.