North Cyprus Tourist Board - mot due in dec-- Do i need to wait till then or do new one now
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > mot due in dec-- Do i need to wait till then or do new one now

mot due in dec-- Do i need to wait till then or do new one now

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

basheer

Message Posted:
14/11/2011 23:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 5 in Discussion

I need to get the mot done now , in the Uk you can just go pay for one earlier if needed

we were told in july when we bought the road tax we had to come back in nov 29 -12th dec

could I go and pay for the mot now and or have to wait till the expiry date

thanks for info coming bash

newscoop

Message Posted:
15/11/2011 08:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 5 in Discussion

Basheer;

you need to wait until expiry to marry it up with your road tax.

I do know someone who courtesy of a friendly helpful person at the tax office did his early, so it's worth a try.

Otherwise get a friend to do it when it's due.

Jovial_John

Message Posted:
15/11/2011 11:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 5 in Discussion

My MOT was due 3 weeks after my road tax and when I paid for my road tax I asked to pay for the MOT also. They refused. The reason is that you must get an emissions test before you pay for the MOT and the emissions test must be not more than 5 days before the MOT. So you must wait until the specified dates - but it can all be easily done in 1 day.

See this thread for the details:-

http://www.cyprus44.com/forums/78662.asp

andy2b123

Message Posted:
15/11/2011 12:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 5 in Discussion

I take the easy option and let the local garage do it all. I think they charge 30-40TL but they do every thing.

They have a chart in the office with car registration letters and the MOT must be done within those dates. No early ones allowed and a fine if you are late.

basheer

Message Posted:
15/11/2011 13:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 5 in Discussion

THANKS FOR THE INFOR any garage in lapta that would do the mot with a fee? or the directions to

Sam at Sam's garage in Alsancak as mentioned they do the mot for you

i had the emmision test done in july as i assumed that my 3 yrs were from date of registration was 1st july 08 reg kg 843 as per chart for due dates as per reg,but having done the emmision then in july we were told to come back on the 29th when it was due to our surprise so we have to wait another 2 weeks before we can return to uk, but if we have to wait at least we have the infor

once we do the up the emission test again as now its 3 months old and pay and pick up the form for the mot station is it staight forward or is there always a queue thanks again

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.