North Cyprus Tourist Board - Christmas in the Park
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Christmas in the Park

Christmas in the Park

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

ianwfs

Message Posted:
10/12/2011 13:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 12 in Discussion

Can anybody involved please clarify when this event in Baris Park is on.

The Star has a programme of events over 3 days, with the main day being Sunday the 18th. However Cyprus Today says it is only on for one day, the 17th. Both articles list the same performers attending, along with a visit from Father Christmas.

CarrieRBag

Message Posted:
10/12/2011 13:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 12 in Discussion

This was taken from Whats on inNorth Cyprus

Insanity in the Park, 17th and 18th December.

Baris Park, Girne (near the fountain roundabout). Two days of all round entertainment, Cypriot and European, stalls, games, food, Father Christmas, Carols, ending with a concert of popular music and fireworks. The stalls will be run by charities and individuals for their own funds, this is a get together for everyone.

On Sunday there will be a grand show starting around 2.30pm with Father Christmas (or Baba Noel) arriving to greet the children and entertain them. The children will also be able to travel on the friendly train around the new extension to the park. They can then visit the small zoo to see the animals and birds and if they have any energy left, Mum and Dad can take them to the playground for yet more fun.

On the closing of the event there will be a grand fireworks display.

Hope it helps

ianwfs

Message Posted:
10/12/2011 14:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 12 in Discussion

Thanks CarrieRBag. Whatson-north cyprus is my web site, which is why I was asking the question. I had been originally told it was over one day. That increased to two, but now with the conflicting information, I don't know if I should up the information to three days, or drop it to one. Bear in mind that, for the children, the most important guest is shown to be visiting on two different days. Saturday in CT and Sunday in the Star!

swyflot

Message Posted:
10/12/2011 15:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 12 in Discussion

We have been told ( as Charity stallholders) that this event is only on Saturday

Marion

Message Posted:
10/12/2011 22:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 12 in Discussion

Oh boy what a mix up. I had been told (and I did not write anything for the Star on this) that it was the 17th and 18th, but I did not have a clue as to what wason or what time anything started.

I will try to find out and post it here, but hpefully someone else will find it out soon. also I don't know from where the original info came, but it should have come from the Municipality office. I agree that it is MOST important that the kids get to see Baba Noel, .

MiketheBike

Message Posted:
10/12/2011 22:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 12 in Discussion

The Girne Christmas Bazaar is Saturday 17th December one day only, as per the Cyprus Today bottom of page 3. It was originally going to be a three day event.

Marion

Message Posted:
10/12/2011 23:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 12 in Discussion

thanks Mike, but when, where and how did it get changed, and could I be so cheeky as to ask the source of your info? And I was looking forward to taking a look two days running.

ianwfs

Message Posted:
10/12/2011 23:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 12 in Discussion

I assume Mike the Bike is assisting with Noel Baba's arrival on a motor cycle

Marion

Message Posted:
10/12/2011 23:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 12 in Discussion

Aha! Good thinking ian! But Baba Noel is coming on only one day, so I still want to know why the other one is not happening or............................

the butler

Message Posted:
11/12/2011 07:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 12 in Discussion

Does this mean that the concert with Serdar & stringfellas will take place on Saturday evening and is it free or do we need to buy tickets somewhere? I must say that these things are so badly organised and the lack of publicity is annoying, shouldn't there be posters everywhere advertising it. We expats would love to support more of these events if only we knew when and where they were happening.

The butlers wife

magalan

Message Posted:
11/12/2011 11:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 12 in Discussion

Msg 9 - Marion, 'cos the Mayor says so!

Msg 10 - see this thread

http://www.cyprus44.com/forums/81187.asp

Marion

Message Posted:
11/12/2011 19:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 12 in Discussion

Thanks all. As I understand it Saturday is the day it is all happening - stalls, music, Santa, evening entertainment etc, etc. and of course, message 11 if the Mayor says so, then so be it - he is in charge. One thing I can't find out is whether there is still his Christmas reception. I guess he has (sensibly) dropped that in favour for a day for all in the park.

and having checked back to the paper, I apologise if the Star misled anyone. apparently the information was supplied by someone who had the original info but was out of the country, so probably had not heard it had changed.

So, see you all there - and just hope that allah is kind with the weather.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.