North Cyprus Tourist Board - ryanair will now start london stansted to paphos
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > ryanair will now start london stansted to paphos

ryanair will now start london stansted to paphos

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about Flights to North Cyprus

» Book North Cyprus Flights Online

» Driving Directions from Ercan Airport to Kyrenia

» Read about Ercan Airport North Cyprus

LondonCypriot

Message Posted:
11/01/2012 12:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 9 in Discussion

NEW RYANAIR ROUTES FROM PAPHOS AIRPORT IN APRIL.

Patra, Chania, Frankfurt Hahn, Kaunus, Krakow, London-Stansted, Memmingen, Bergamo, Oslo, Pisa, Rome, Stockholm, Thessaloniki and Treviso are the 14 new destinations

EXCELLENT NEWS FOR CYPRUS,

TAKEN FROM RYANAIR WEBSITE

RYANAIR HITS BIG 50 WITH BASE AT PAPHOS (CYPRUS)

14 ROUTES & OVER 600,000 PAX P.A. AT RYANAIR’S FIRST CYPRIOT BASE

Ryanair, the world’s favourite airline, today (10th Jan) announced it would open its 50th base (and first in Cyprus) at Paphos (Cyprus’s third largest city) in April 2012 with two based aircraft and 14 routes which will initially deliver over 600,000 passengers p.a. and sustain over 600 jobs with over 80 weekly flights as Ryanair invests over $140 million at Paphos Airport.

Geoff

Message Posted:
11/01/2012 12:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 9 in Discussion

Ryanair are on record as saying they would have preferred Ercan to Larnaca (where they also fly from) or Paphos, and will fly to Ercan when direct flights are allowed - i.e. just as soon as the EU embargo is lifted.

Soon I hope!!

Geoff

yorgozlu

Message Posted:
11/01/2012 13:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 9 in Discussion

msg 2'

EU embargo?

The sooner you all get the grip the better.

It has nothing whatsoever to do with EU.It's all to do with Cyprus being ONE island,where part of it is accupied,by Turkey(incase you hadn't noticed)

So,the sooner turkey stops the accupation the sooner flights to ercan would ba allowed,bye RoC,beleive it or not.

Geoff

Message Posted:
11/01/2012 14:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 9 in Discussion

The RoC is part of the EU, as a Member State!

Geoff

yorgozlu

Message Posted:
11/01/2012 14:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 9 in Discussion

that maybe Geoff,but the problem of not having flights to northern part existed long before EU.So,it is not EU's fault nor RoC'S but simly with Tyrkey's existance,accupancy of this part of the island.

apologies to the poster for going off topic.just sometimes we need to educate each other.

zcacmxi

Message Posted:
11/01/2012 15:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 9 in Discussion

off-topic, but question for yorgozlu:

Hasn't the current situation come about because the Turkish-Cypriots partners were pushed out of the RoC in the 1960s? I believe the breakdown started in 1963. At the time a constitutional court ruled in 1963 that Makarios had failed to uphold article 173 of the constitution which called for the establishment of separate municipalities for Turkish Cypriots. Makarios subsequently declared his intention to ignore the judgement, resulting in the West German judge resigning from his position. Makarios proposed thirteen amendments to the constitution, a.k.a. The Akritas plan, again pushing the TurkishCypriots further out. So the deterioration, and violence continued, until 1974.

Technically, in the eyes of the international community, the ROC represents the entire island. But in reality, one of the partners were pushed out of that partnership and set up their own government in the North.

What is an occupation to one man, is sovereignty to the oth

yorgozlu

Message Posted:
11/01/2012 16:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 9 in Discussion

zcacmxi,msg 6;

I and the rest of the turkish CYPRIOTS do not have a saying in all above you've correctly mentioned above all the while tukey accupies MY MOTHERLAND.

In order for me and the likes to argue with what took place between us and my fellow countrymen,we must first get rid of the illegal accupiers.Up until then we have NO chance,and quite frankly if I was a grrek CYPRIOT,I'd behave no differently to how they've been.

as for your last sentence,sovereignty days are long gone.You sound like a turk with those comments(because they've shed blood) or a brit?

Geoff

Message Posted:
11/01/2012 16:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 9 in Discussion

Getting back to the subject of this thread - Ryanscare will fly into Ercan just as soon as direct flites into there are possible.

Geoff

karakum5c

Message Posted:
11/01/2012 16:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 9 in Discussion

isnt the point there are no cypriots as such

Turkish People

Greek People

who just happen to at different time colonised the Island of Cyprus from their particular homelands

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.