North Cyprus Tourist Board - What is needed for first time Driving Licence ?
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > What is needed for first time Driving Licence ?

What is needed for first time Driving Licence ?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Driving Directions from Ercan Airport to Kyrenia

» Driving Directions from Larnaca Airport to Kyrenia

» North Cyprus Map

Buddygirl

Message Posted:
16/01/2012 18:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 9 in Discussion

Have now got the residency sorted, what documents are needed for a first time driving licence,please ?

ingalill

Message Posted:
16/01/2012 19:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 9 in Discussion

Your passport with residency visa, 4 passport size photographs, paper from muhtar that you indeed live at the place where you live. If u are married with TC you can take photocopy of marriage certificate. With those papers you will go to drivibg licence school and they will tell you details and what documents they need more. You will pay 1500 TL for course - this price includes exams fee. They will give you books withh signs to learn, if you want more details let me know, I did my driving here last year (october), Ive passed all exams at first time.

If you are from Famagusta I can give you info about driving license school with English speaking driver. Let me know

Buddygirl

Message Posted:
16/01/2012 19:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 9 in Discussion

Sorry i have mislead you , I have a british licence , i just need a Turkish one, sorry but your advice is valuable to others, thank you

Pippie

Message Posted:
16/01/2012 20:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 9 in Discussion

It's just as Ingalill has advised although you don't have to take any course. You can use the driving school, they will help with your application although they will charge a fee. Alternatively, go yourself to the driving licence application office in Lefkosa and apply yourself, it's very easy and the people there speak broken English and are very helpful. Then it'll only cost you the petrol and the driving licence fee!

Buddygirl

Message Posted:
16/01/2012 20:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 9 in Discussion

Thank you Pippie

muadib

Message Posted:
09/02/2012 13:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 9 in Discussion

Any ideas as to the where abouts of the office in Lefkosa and of the cost? thanks

Agobard

Message Posted:
09/02/2012 15:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 9 in Discussion

Message 6: if you have done your residency then the driving licence office is close to the immigration office. Turn left at the flour mill traffic lights and then first right. Follow this road round past the immigration place to a t-junction. Turn left and the driving licence office is on your right. You do need photocopies of your passport - picture page and residency stamp page and also copies of your UK licence but there is a shop that does photocopies in the same road if you don't have them. I'm not sure that the previous poster is correct in saying that you need a muhktar's form unless this is a recent requirement. Having said all of this though it is a damned sight easier to just go to the driving school in Girne and get them to do it for you at a pretty small cost! Driving School first left in the police station road.

Becker

Message Posted:
09/02/2012 17:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 9 in Discussion

Did mine with Ergunes in Girne,on Police station rd.Think cost for 2 years licence was 270TL including their fee.Took 4 days.They do everything including collection from Lefkosia.

slimmer

Message Posted:
09/02/2012 20:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 9 in Discussion

What happens when you need a renewal licence please?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.