North Cyprus Tourist Board - Non Payment of Rent-North Cyprus
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Non Payment of Rent-North Cyprus

Non Payment of Rent-North Cyprus

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» North Cyprus Property Rental Guide

» Cyprus44 North Cyprus Guide (Over 200 Info Pages)

» Book North Cyprus Hotels and Flights

mackerel

Message Posted:
18/01/2012 06:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 17 in Discussion

I ahve a TC tenant who has not paid the rent for 4 months.His wife has a new born baby.He has no intention of paying.Can anyone give me some advice on how to get him out.Thanks.

Jonholmes

Message Posted:
18/01/2012 07:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 17 in Discussion

Are you allowed to cut off the electric in Cyprus?, if the bill is in your name it must be the easiest way or water.When I had tenants I kept the bill in my name or put key-cards in (uk).That way I still had control and no out standing bills if they left .

the butler

Message Posted:
18/01/2012 08:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 17 in Discussion

Hi mackeral,

Unfortunately you will find that your TC tenants have more rights than you and you will have difficulty getting them out, especially as they have a new baby. It will take months to get them out if you go down the legal route. There have been threads on here before on this subject and the only way seems to send in the heavies.

joandjelly

Message Posted:
18/01/2012 12:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 17 in Discussion

It is illegal to cut off the electric even if it is in your name.

Brighteyes

Message Posted:
18/01/2012 12:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 17 in Discussion

Hi Mackerel,

I speak with 6 years experience of trying to get a tenant out of my apartment, still with no sucess!!!! I might add that he has never paid a penny in rent. Our solicitor told us from the start that it could take up to 3 years.....6 years in and still we cannot get access to our apartment. I've lost count of the amount of times that our solicitor has been to court. Each time the judge has told us that as he had his family living there we could not make him 'Homeless' we must wait until he could find some where else to live. Kibtek removed the electricy fuse as he hadn't paid the bill and all he did was by passed it with a wire, therefore stealing from Kibtek so they removed the meter completely. He then complained to the courts that the electricity had been disconnected so the judge said that we had to reconnect which would have meant us forking out over 600TL to pay for the meter and outstanding bill.......

Brighteyes

Message Posted:
18/01/2012 12:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 17 in Discussion

cont/ Now I might be a lil green but I ain't cabbage looking and in no uncertain terms I told my solicitor where he could tell the Judge to go. Same thing happened with the water but he connected a pipe to the neighbours apartment and stole from her. Finally on CHristmas day 2011 our lovely tenant left the country and went back to Turkey. However I have still not been allowed to gain access to my property as he left his belongings in there. The moral to this story is 'NEVER< NEVER< NEVER' rent a property to any one, As the law in this country is completely MAD.

ps I'm sure there are some really well behaved tenants out there and to you I mean no disrespect, but from my experience I'll never rent again.

Bradus

Message Posted:
18/01/2012 12:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 17 in Discussion

Not surprised Brighteyes. What a nightmare! Am I not correct in saying that your tenant could also return if his belongings are still there? Surely you could now change the locks and make the property secure?

Your case demonstrates gross injustice and dare I say complete support for the guilty party rather than the victim.

Wonder if your tenant will come back for the summer season?

davpat

Message Posted:
18/01/2012 13:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 17 in Discussion

What would happen if someone "forced" an entry to gain access,and stole all his furniture,what a shame,who on earth would do such a thing?

There has to be some form of redress,legal or otherwise,,,,,,,,,,,scrotes!!!

yrret

Message Posted:
18/01/2012 13:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 17 in Discussion

mac,

you joined this forum in June 2008.

You have no doubt read all the horror stories of renting to TC/Turks, and rent not being poaid etc etc.

How on earth did you end up in this daft situation.

To all on here, take note, be very careful who you rent to!

Bradus

Message Posted:
18/01/2012 13:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 17 in Discussion

It would also seem a good idea to have pay as you go electricity for your tenants. It's not just the loss of rent and property damage but the huge electricity and water bills due when you finally get your property back. You cannot get justice or financial compensation once the tenants have fled back to Turkey.

If it takes 6 years to legally get justice, I suspect most would look at alternative actions, as unsavoury as they might be!

Pipie

Message Posted:
18/01/2012 14:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 17 in Discussion

Crikey !! what an experience Bright eyes, it appears on every count you tried the correct way in trying to get these so called humans out of your property and sadly failed. Time to up your game in my opinion change the locks, secure your property into a fortress, chuck there stuff on the nearest skip or dump. You have clearly been taken for a ride !!

This situation will continue to continue only if you allow it. SHOCKING !!

yrret

Message Posted:
18/01/2012 16:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 17 in Discussion

Ideally Pipie, you need someone to break the door lock, and go in and remove all the stuff, maybe take it to a charity shop, then report the matter to the police as a curtesy to your tennant that the place was broken into and stuff taken.

Of course you could not do this, but there are plenty who will for a very small fee.

Have to say, If I was unfortunate enought o be in the same situation, I would employ some chap from the Cape Flats to have a holiday in Cyprus, pay the flight and put him in anice hotel for a week, and for about 150 quid extra, the tennant would for some strange reason just dissapear, apparently it happens to people sometimes, but is as unexplainable as 'spontaneous human combustion'

karakum5c

Message Posted:
18/01/2012 17:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 17 in Discussion

couple of my pals in Glasgow used to work for a large property company

after a visit the tenant always decided to leave

they didnt even have to break sweat

philbailey

Message Posted:
19/01/2012 00:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 17 in Discussion

This is not very advice

on a public forum

Jonesy299

Message Posted:
19/01/2012 00:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 17 in Discussion

Phil - for once I agree with you.. bringing in the heavies might solve the short term problem but can spiral out of control (and they might return with bigger heavies!!!!)

philbailey

Message Posted:
19/01/2012 00:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 17 in Discussion

Msg 15, also putting it on a public forum

who would get deported first

I wonder ?

How many heavies do they know???

EamonnMc

Message Posted:
19/01/2012 02:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 17 in Discussion

Trouble has to be met head on.....do whatever it takes to solve the problem and don't apoligise for protecting your interests. The world has gone soft and the result is...some people take advantage. Don't let them walk all over you. Use the law if you can but if you don't get satisfaction...use your wits.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.