North Cyprus Tourist Board - What's on offer for internet access
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > What's on offer for internet access

What's on offer for internet access

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» All threads about Internet issues in North Cyprus

» Computers & Internet on Cyprus44 Business Directory

Pippie

Message Posted:
08/02/2012 19:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 22 in Discussion

Ok, I've read the offer from Extend - 15 mths for price of 12, double the bandwith you purchase before 10th March, and free installation if you pay for 12 mths. And we've got their prices.

When my internet comes up for renewal I'd like to make an informed decision.

What offers are available from other suppliers at the moent such as Nethouse or Multimax, and any others and at what cost?

Do you have any major concerns with your current provider whoever they may be?

mickhm

Message Posted:
08/02/2012 23:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 22 in Discussion

Go for multimax. excelent provider

babydoll

Message Posted:
09/02/2012 00:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 22 in Discussion

Pippie with all due respect 1200+ posts, I find it hard to believe you have not read any multimax threads to make a informed decision by yourself

kbasat

Message Posted:
09/02/2012 11:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 22 in Discussion

Go for multimax! We provide a connection that works...

Our prices are also reasonable, http://www.cyprus44.com/forums/72546.asp

K.

Micho

Message Posted:
09/02/2012 16:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 22 in Discussion

Hi Pippie, We sell Multimax internet and as K. says it is very good service. There is an option for a trial of one month and if you are happy with the service and want to pay yearly to get the 3 months free then the one month trial fee is deducted from the yearly payment.

Tangerineman

Message Posted:
09/02/2012 17:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 22 in Discussion

Kemal

I am in the UK

Can I sort installation from here or do I have to wait until I am over ?

I have a TRNC based agent who can provide access and a bank account for arranging payment

I would be interested in the 15 months for price of 12 months with the ability to have a 6 month break over the winter period

Pippie

Message Posted:
09/02/2012 17:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 22 in Discussion

You all seem to be missing my point, I want to know what it will cost. Don't tell me 'excellent service', I've heard all that. At the end of the day it all boils down to price. I know what Extend will cost me, I want to know what the others will cost so that I can make an 'informed decision'.

Micho, thanks for explaining the offers but what's the bottom line please.

Babydoll, I'm afraid I don't live on this forum, I don't have the time. My 1200+ posts have come on over a long period of time. Anyway, yes I have seen comments briefly when I have been skimming others posts so I have an idea of the reputation of Multimax but that doesn't give me all the information I seek. I'm not just interested in Multimax, I'd like to hear about all the others too please.

erolz

Message Posted:
09/02/2012 17:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 22 in Discussion

multimax website is here, just put your mouse over 'services' for prices

mmcyp.com

nethouse networks prices are here, though I can not tell what the difference is between standard and 'eko' services is.

http://www.nethouse.net/index.asp?page=227

sunnycyprus here

http://www.sunnycyprus.net/services.html

there is also digital supreme but I can not find a website for them. There may be others as well as 3g based internet from Turkcell and Telsim.

erolz

Message Posted:
09/02/2012 17:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 22 in Discussion

just to make the mm site link clickable

http://www.mmcyp.com/index.php?lang=en

Micho

Message Posted:
09/02/2012 17:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 22 in Discussion

Hi Pippie,

Prices are as follows:

Monthly 2 Mbit speed internet 60 TL

Monthly 4 Mbit speed internet 80 TL

There is a one time application and installation fee of 50 TL for monthly payments.

If you pay yearly 2 Mbit speed : 720 TL

If you pay yearly 4 Mbit speed : 960 TL

There is no installation fee in yearly payments.

kbasat

Message Posted:
09/02/2012 17:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 22 in Discussion

@tangerineman: please email info@multimaxcyprus.com and we will make necessary arrangements.

@pippie;

I do not understand what kind of an 'informed decision' you are trying to achieve if price is your only criteria for making that decision.

Maybe you should rephrase your question to 'Which provider has the cheapest service?' and it would be clearer for everybody.

K.

Giles

Message Posted:
09/02/2012 17:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 22 in Discussion

Just for confirmation purposes and to assist in the decision making process, have Multimax or Nethouse ever stopped providing a service, failed to recompense their customers or failed to communicate with the victims?

I did not include Extend in the above questions because I know the answer for them would be Yes, Yes and Yes.

dippersgirl

Message Posted:
09/02/2012 18:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 22 in Discussion

Does multimax operate in Dipkarpaz ??

I've just agreed to another 4 month with nethouse, I want to spend this period finding what is best and available for me.

If one changes, does the router and all the equipment have to be changed, when you go with a new company??

erolz

Message Posted:
09/02/2012 18:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 22 in Discussion

Multimax do not cirrently have coverage in Dipkarpaz.

Your exisiting home equipement, router or wifi access point and others will all work with a multimax connection, however it may need to be reconfigured to work with or work optimaly with MM and this reconfiguring of customers existing equipment is not covered under the standard installation with MM. If we can easily reconfigure it we will but there are so many different makes an models of this kind of equipment that we can not gurantee to get your existing kit working as part of the standard installation. If you know things like how to 'get into' your router/access point and what the passwords are then the chances we can quickly and easily reconfigure it for you is greater. However if it will require factory resetting the device in order to access it then we would normaly have to charge of the time to do this. Of course if you do buy wifi access point from us we will configure it as standard.

dippersgirl

Message Posted:
09/02/2012 19:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 22 in Discussion

Are they likely to come to Dipkarpaz??

erolz

Message Posted:
09/02/2012 22:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 22 in Discussion

Kemal will have to answer that one dippersgirl. I am sure he will when he gets a chance.

Jovial_John

Message Posted:
10/02/2012 11:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 22 in Discussion

Pippie message 7 - you are wrong. It is not down to price.

You can directly compare prices from the various providers for a (say) 4mb link but will you actually get what you pay for? From reading so many topics on this I would personnally believe that a 2mb link from Multimax is faster than a 4mb link from Nethouseand certainly faster than a Turkcell 4mb dongle. I would suggest that you take on board the advice that experienced users offer to you and not dismiss it in quite such a way - you only appear arrogant and not worth responding to.

jaymatt

Message Posted:
10/02/2012 12:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 22 in Discussion

Ive just compared Multimax and Extend after a friend told me Mulitmax works well in Alsancak/Karmi. Multimax is cheaper so I will give them a try. Only thing is they said it will take one week to ten days to fit and Extends agent said 2 to 3 days.

Jovial_John

Message Posted:
10/02/2012 13:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 22 in Discussion

jaymatt - that should tell you something about the relative demand for each service.

eyebob

Message Posted:
10/02/2012 14:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 22 in Discussion

Ref Mess. 17,read some of her other posts,she is arrogant.

Pippie

Message Posted:
10/02/2012 16:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 22 in Discussion

Thanks for all the replies - the useful ones anyway!

Jovial John, I appreciate your comments however, in my position for me price is the biggest issue. I know a lot of people will remind me "you get what you pay for" but trouble is, if you have to 'penny pinch' like me, you have to accept that sometimes it might mean putting up with inferior quality. Now I have access to the different prices on offer I can make a choice and if there's not much between them then I can start to look at what other people say about their experiences.

Oh and eyebob, I too have just read some of my other posts. I'm intrigued about what you read than makes me appear arrogant

kbasat

Message Posted:
10/02/2012 21:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 22 of 22 in Discussion

@pippie, luckily for your, our prices are as competitive as our quality, so you wont be forced to make forced decisions, only sensible ones.

@dippersgirl, as dipkarpaz area is sparsely populated and difficult to reach, it is not currently within our coverage plans. for the first half of 2012.

@jaymatt, if we were to install at the demand's pace, we would be out of business before seeing our first year anniversary. It is very important to set a healthy pace for a healthy growth. This means sometimes we can install new customers in a few days, and sometimes in a few weeks. For us, existing customers are always more important than new ones, keep in mind that you wouldn't want us to overload our system with new customers if you were an existing one.

K.

K.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.