North Cyprus Tourist Board - Driving through France this summer?
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Driving through France this summer?

Driving through France this summer?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Driving Directions from Ercan Airport to Kyrenia

» Driving Directions from Larnaca Airport to Kyrenia

» North Cyprus Map

slatnumber7

Message Posted:
29/02/2012 20:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 10 in Discussion

I've just had an e mail from a pal.....

“Drivers planning on heading to France this summer are being reminded that they will be required by law to carry a breathalyser in their car.”

The new measure comes into effect from 1 July and applies to anybody travelling through France. It means that at a minimum, they will have to carry a single-use breathalyser with them. From November, those failing to do so will be fined €11 (£9.30).

The idea is that drivers can test themselves to check whether they are over the limit before setting off, although they should note that the legal limit in France is lower than in the UK – 50mg of alcohol per 100ml of blood compared with 80mg.

TheFrench also insist that the Speed Camera element on Sat Navs be disabled. – the fine for that is 1500 euros!

Brinsley

Message Posted:
29/02/2012 21:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 10 in Discussion

Msg 1

True about the B test equipment to be in the car but I think this will only apply to French plated cars. Sat Nav I'm not sure about but will check for you.

Richard

sylvie

Message Posted:
29/02/2012 21:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 10 in Discussion

about the sat nav giving where fixed camera are - impossible to prouve - by law they cannot fine - and about the breathtesting i haven't heard abvout it yes and i am livin,g in france !

slatnumber7

Message Posted:
29/02/2012 21:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 10 in Discussion

Not from the information I have received (official source) it will apply to visitors too from July 2012 fines start from November.

(The fine will hardly break the bank for the breathalyser device but the sat nav thing could be a kick in the nuts!)

sylvie

Message Posted:
29/02/2012 21:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 10 in Discussion

translate this : indeed the B test (one cost few euro will have to be in the car - concerning the radar - it is not called radars anymore but " help to drive"

Les avertisseurs radars deviennent assistants d’aide à la conduite

C’était prévu depuis juillet dernier : les avertisseurs de radars deviennent désormais des assistants d’aide à la conduite. Il n’est plus question de radar au sein de ces boîtiers, ni de leurs emballages ou de leur campagnes de communication. Finis donc les signalements de radars. Il s’agira désormais de « Zones de danger ». L’Etat va fournir une liste de secteurs risqués : passages à niveau, ponts, tunnels, travaux… En parallèle, la communauté d’utilisateurs pourra toujours signaler « ses » zones de dangers, donc potentiellement avec des radars. La taille de ces zones se variable mais sur une distance assez importante : 300 mètres en ville, 2 km sur route et 4 km sur autoroute.

Concernant les GPS équipées de fonctions similaires, ils devront soit être mis

Brinsley

Message Posted:
29/02/2012 22:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 10 in Discussion

Msg 1

1 x triangle, 2 x visibility jackets, complete bulb set, unopened first-aid kit, fire extinguisher, GB sticker if an € plate is not on the rear number plate (I think the blue one with gold stars embossed on it with letters of Country of origin in the centre). B test reusable kit £50 on the ferry. No answer to the Sat-Nav question but the device can be deprogrammed.

France is really doing its best to encourage tourists!!!

Richard

slatnumber7

Message Posted:
01/03/2012 08:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 10 in Discussion

Msg 5. Absolutely fascinating!

chr1ch

Message Posted:
01/03/2012 14:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 10 in Discussion

Maybe we ought to bring out a law that all French cars driving in the UK should have the steering wheel on the right.

slatnumber7

Message Posted:
01/03/2012 19:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 10 in Discussion

ch1ch Msg 8. Have a care, or Nicola Sarkozy might introduce a law that bans you from writing or saying the words 'streering wheel' or denying that cars have them!

aripointer

Message Posted:
01/03/2012 19:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 10 in Discussion

Stat navs with speed detectors are allowed. Dedicated camera equipment ie Road Angel etc are banned. AP

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.