North Cyprus Tourist Board - Cheshire Homes responce is a DISGRACE
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Cheshire Homes responce is a DISGRACE

Cheshire Homes responce is a DISGRACE

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

Barking

Message Posted:
03/03/2012 08:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 74 in Discussion

Published in Cyprus Today( page 13 ) Cheshire Homes responce to complaints over festival 11 is a DISGRACE ? ( imho )

"all they did was attend a concert they got what they paid for"

teatime

Message Posted:
03/03/2012 09:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 74 in Discussion

"all they did was attend a concert they got what they paid for"

Probably in a lot of cases a fair point, but can they not see how this will antagonate even more people. Monies was not only paid for the concert but contributions to the charity was also very forthcoming.

elko2

Message Posted:
03/03/2012 09:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 74 in Discussion

I have not seen the paper yet but irrespective of whatever else they said, such a statement is extremely poor Pubic Relations. When it comes to charity, people attend in order to help as a prime objective. The entertainment bit comes second.

ismet

Barking

Message Posted:
03/03/2012 09:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 74 in Discussion

For those unable to get a copy here is a link I have scanned

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7056/6802195120_433a0111cd_b.jpg

hattikins

Message Posted:
03/03/2012 09:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 74 in Discussion

Perhaps CH would prefer people to just stuff their donations in to a brown envelope and hand it over, which seems to be closer to the truth. A disgraceful response from Cheshire Homes..

Harold2555

Message Posted:
03/03/2012 10:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 74 in Discussion

There has been a lot of speculation surrounding this event - probably too much but the questioning, albeit not as random as it first seemed has exposed problems which at the moment CH don't appear to be providing answers.

If I can indulge in some speculation here to I would like to speculate on how it might be viewed by CH just for the sake of arguement.

An event was put on, or a series of events actually ,the profits of which were to be donated to CH. The running and organising of this F11 was done by people or a committee outside of the actual formal structure of CH. On the back of the CH charity name a good deal of support was garnered from both the community at large and the authorities.

They could argue that within that paradigm the result was a success, despite problems with getting a final account and final payover of the money they will receive 47,000TL that they wouldn't have had otherwise.

(cont)

Harold2555

Message Posted:
03/03/2012 10:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 74 in Discussion

The accounts of CH when published at the agm will probably include income of the said 47,000Tl albeit some of which is in debtors. They may well feel that as the F11 organisers were not formally part of the CH machinery that that is as far as their responsibility goes and given their remit of trying to get as much money in to further their good works as possible feel that any other actions,particularly as the balance of the money is yet to be remittted would be counter productive to that ultimate narrow aim.

That is of course just my speculation as to how they may be thinking. I do however believe that they are not correct in this thinking. This now is my opinion of why thinking such as I have speculated is incorrect.

The first reason is that it is incredibly short term thinking. Whilst the public inaction may be the best way of securing the balance of the funds from F11, the unanswered questions and "whiff of wrongdoing" about the whole affair will inevitably have an effect (cont)

dalartokat

Message Posted:
03/03/2012 10:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 74 in Discussion

CH have quoted that they "brought in financial experts" and agreed a monthly repayment and that if it had gone to court would have taken longer albeit still monthly instalments. Am I right in saying that Tony E and a few others were the financial experts?

CH has been around for many years in NC so why have they not got their own accountants in NC to turn to and act on their behalf, instead of bringing in Tony E etc. or have these people always acted for them as financial experts.

Is it not a risk to agree with people outside of court to expect them to pay the monthly instalments on their say so, rather than going to court, waiting a while. By going to court at least you may have some redress if they default. Seems quite a bizarre decision to make for a charity run organisation with such a high profile image. Was/is CH financial situation that dire that they could not /cannot wait for the monies raised ...cont

Sorry if this has been mentioned before.

dalartokat

Message Posted:
03/03/2012 10:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 74 in Discussion

.....cont....and not wait for the outcome as to why there was a shortfall.

Harold2555

Message Posted:
03/03/2012 10:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 74 in Discussion

on future fund raising for themselves and probably other charities. They can argue that this is due to a misunderstanding about the terms of the event, that only the profits were ever destined to support CH not the takings but here again there are problems. Despite being conditioned by Live Aid and other charity events it may still be reasonable to put on a commercial show, the profits of which go to a charity, there were collecting buckets handed round and the unequivocal expectation of people putting into these would be that all of that money would be going into CH coffers, unadulterated and untouched. Nothing that has been shown so far satisfies the public that this is the case.

So what should CH do? It is my belief that they should look at the bigger picture, risk not getting the blaance of the funds "agreed" quickly and pursue a full and clear investigation of the position with the aid of an appropriate authority if needed.

Of course I am giving an opinion based on

Harold2555

Message Posted:
03/03/2012 10:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 74 in Discussion

speculations but there isn't much else to go on, thus making the seeming bury your head in the sand approach evidenced by the Comments from CH in the paper even worse PR.

Harold

dizzycows

Message Posted:
03/03/2012 10:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 74 in Discussion

msg 5, , Ill bring over my brown envelopes next visit .... please give generously ...

Msg 8, yes so true, what is stopping any of these people 'saying' all what the committee wants to hear then clear off some where else? as in another country, no redress then...

All of them have lost their integrity, the committee too....

negativenick

Message Posted:
03/03/2012 11:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 74 in Discussion

i have the solution....

in future, avoid any fund raising organised by CH.....

there you go - problem solved (well in the future anyway...)

cavalryman

Message Posted:
03/03/2012 12:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 74 in Discussion

and any other event that the "financial advisers" connected with this shambles are connected with let them find their own finance.

EamonnMc

Message Posted:
03/03/2012 14:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 74 in Discussion

Harold2555,

A good summation and it could explain the thinking behind the Cheshire Home's inaction. However, the CH signed up to the fundraising activities of the Festival 11 committee and lent it's name to the operation, also it has received the accounts from the F11 committee and does not seem to want to ask the hard questions, re the disposal of the monies collected, and what the real profits and costs were. Their failure to" grasp the nettle" in this matter is damaging the very organisation they purport to support and care for.

stubbs1

Message Posted:
03/03/2012 14:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 74 in Discussion

One day we have admin mods banning left right and centre for discussing the F word or the CH word. Next thing is they are taters deep in the gossip!!! Where is the consistency here? Oh and where is the apology from the so called "most helpful one"?

elko2

Message Posted:
03/03/2012 15:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 74 in Discussion

Stubs,

Go back to your Happy Clappy forum. You may cancel my membership there, I have not visited it for years nor do I have the link to it. I try to act consistently i.e. if I close a thread, I ban the member for some time for trying to restart it. Whether you agree with the closure or not is another matter. The correct way to challenge it is to write to the mods and explain why it should be allowed to continue. Forget it, you are not in the mood to understand. Good luck with you own forum.

ismet

elko2

Message Posted:
03/03/2012 15:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 74 in Discussion

msg. 6 etc.

Harold,

I fully agree with your analysis. It is better to save the future rather than some money now.

ismet

stubbs1

Message Posted:
03/03/2012 15:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 74 in Discussion

Happy Clappy forum? What happy clappy forum? What flaming planet are you on? It takes me all my computer knowledge to switch the thing on. Who do you think I am? Because I'm not.

"The correct way to challenge it is to write to the mods" delusional or what?

"Good luck with you own forum". Now your makinging me laugh. As Frank would say "It's a cracker, It's the way I tell um.

I dont know who you think Stubbs1 is, but it's not him.

GinaC

Message Posted:
03/03/2012 15:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 74 in Discussion

Msg 17 how rude are you? what a fine example of an admin you are !!!

Firstly I think you need to make sure you look very very carefully at the username in message 16 and then take an even closer look instead of firing from the hip and knee jerk reacting to criticism aimed directly at you and then issue a public apology to the member concerned.

An apology costs nothing, you were wrong before and you are wrong again this time.

It takes a big person to admit they were wrong in public and apologise publically but you chose the easy option. Removing the bans was a good move but an open apology would be better but I won't hold my breath.

elko2

Message Posted:
03/03/2012 15:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 74 in Discussion

Sorry, wrong person, never mind

ismet

stubbs1

Message Posted:
03/03/2012 15:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 22 of 74 in Discussion

Done yourself no favours with that answer. It's not for me to speak on behalf of anybody but for myself. Rest assured Ismet Brits take a dim view of arrogance and self importance. We are a nation with a preferance for humility, modesty and diffidence.

darrener2

Message Posted:
03/03/2012 16:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 23 of 74 in Discussion

Quote= Ismet Msg #21 "Sorry, wrong person, never mind "

Never mind "Never mind"! Ismet.

What about an apology for inferring that another forum is responsible for undermining your authority on here?

Please either retract the statement or use your moderator powers to edit the post.

Many thanks.

Fiona

Hector

Message Posted:
03/03/2012 16:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 24 of 74 in Discussion

Now let me think this through. I approach a well known charity and ask for a collecting tin to raise funds for them. They give me the means (the collecting tin with their name on) and some stickers to reward the givers. I then go out and shake the tin to the public.

The kind public, who see me collecting, and want to support the aims of the charity, put money in the tin and I give them a sticker to wear. Everyone's happy.

I then empty the tin. I then wait several months until questions are asked as to how much money the public donated in my collecting tin. I then tell the charity that I have investigated the matter and will pay them x at y per month.

Mmmmm...

GinaC

Message Posted:
03/03/2012 16:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 25 of 74 in Discussion

Msg 21, so you make a rude post to the wrong member of your forum and say sorry and then add insult to injury by adding a 'never mind'

So how come you can get personal and get away with it? Oh I forgot you are an Admin and we must respect that, well respect is earned!!!!!!!!!

Your rules I believe

""

3. Be Polite

We take the "Be Polite" rule very seriously. We do not tolerate any rudeness. Challenge others' points of view and opinions, but do so respectfully and thoughtfully without insult and personal attack. Any member who is intentionally unpleasant or disruptive may be banned without warning. ""

You were rude, disrespectful, insulting and unpleasant in conjunction with the fact you levelled your post at an innocent poster.

As I said before, what a fine example you are setting.

Hector

Message Posted:
03/03/2012 16:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 26 of 74 in Discussion

Did I read somewhere that someone has made a complaint to the Leonard Cheshire Homes International HQ in the UK?

http://www.lcint.org/?lid=2018

GinaC

Message Posted:
03/03/2012 16:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 27 of 74 in Discussion

You are correct Hector several have written or emailed Leonard Cheshire Homes International HQ. A person on another forum who also wrote in to CT this weekend is awaiting a response.

Hector

Message Posted:
03/03/2012 16:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 28 of 74 in Discussion

I've now also emailed international@lcdisability.org and will also await their response. The more who do so, the more weight they will give this I would have thought.

philbailey

Message Posted:
03/03/2012 17:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 29 of 74 in Discussion

Have any of the re-payments been made ?

EamonnMc

Message Posted:
03/03/2012 18:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 30 of 74 in Discussion

Hector,

I emailed Cheshire Home HQ in London, two weeks ago to complain about the activities of festival 11 and the CH in Northern Cyprus.. They have appointed Eleonora Catalli to look into this matter. She told me that she would let me know the result of her investigations when they are complete. Anyone who has concerns should contact C.H.HQ> at (info@lcdability.org ).

SWCathy

Message Posted:
03/03/2012 19:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 31 of 74 in Discussion

As this is a UK based charity, does it not come under the authority of 'The Charity Commission'

If so, it has to work to specific requirements as specified by the Commission

Hector

Message Posted:
03/03/2012 22:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 32 of 74 in Discussion

EamonnMc

That's good to know. I wait to hear the result. If I get any different response I'll post it.

EamonnMc

Message Posted:
03/03/2012 22:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 33 of 74 in Discussion

Sorry,

The Cheshire Home H.Q. email address is .....info@lcdisability.org , please excuse the typo in msg 30.

GinaC

Message Posted:
04/03/2012 08:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 34 of 74 in Discussion

Look like the affliction of silence that envelops CH and Festival 11 has now been caught by Ismet.

No response to Msg 23 or indeed 25, is it realy so hard to admit wrongdoing and say sorry?

imposoliedus

Message Posted:
04/03/2012 09:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 35 of 74 in Discussion

With that response from ch, it makes me think they do not want any authority looking into their financial dealings, i wonder why? no more charitable work or donations from me ,to this charity

SamDil

Message Posted:
04/03/2012 10:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 36 of 74 in Discussion

I am posting this on behalf of GaelCeltic, who became a member yesterday, but her post has not appeared.

"I have joined this board purely to show my disgust at the comments made by a moderator of this forum. I will post only once, and will not respond to any further comments, unless an apology is made. I do understand that I cannot resign from this board, however, I am willing to put up with this, such is my ire.

I am referring to this post, and subsequent remarks made by this moderator:-

Stubs,

Go back to your Happy Clappy forum. You may cancel my membership there, I have not visited it for years nor do I have the link to it. I try to act consistently i.e. if I close a thread, I ban the member for some time for trying to restart it. Whether you agree with the closure or not is another matter. The correct way to challenge it is to write to the mods and explain why it should be allowed to continue. Forget it, you are not in the mood to understand.

Ismet

cont.

SamDil

Message Posted:
04/03/2012 10:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 37 of 74 in Discussion

On behalf of all members of Admin on http://www.northerncyprus.createforumhosting.com , we categorically deny that any of us are Stubbs1. All members of Admin, who are also members on Cyprus44 use the same usernames, other than Abbeyscruffy on here, who goes by the username of Scruff on 44, and all are totally up front about who they are.

I find it very amusing that Elko should wish his membership removed from our forum, when to my knowledge, no one can remove themselves as a member from Cyprus44.

If Elko wishes to remove his membership, he can certainly do so, by contacting the Admins at northerncyprusbb@googlemail.com. We cannot remove a person's membership, merely by making a statement on another forum.

Furthermore, I find it in very poor taste and totally unprofessional, for a moderator of this board, to make such childish and downright rude remarks, concerning a member of Cyprus44, no matter who that may be, our forum, the admins and members thereof

SamDil

Message Posted:
04/03/2012 10:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 38 of 74 in Discussion

This reflects very poorly on the integrity of the moderator concerned, and he should be thoroughly ashamed of himself.

It may also interest the said moderator to learn, that a thread on our forum, regarding the Cheshire Home/Festival 11 fiasco, where members were complaining about being banned on 44, was quickly knocked on the head, as it would be a sad reflection on our forum to create any ill feeling between any of the forums. The thread was not closed, and carried on, with no bad feeling on anyone's part.

I would expect the same courtesy to be shown on this forum, but clearly that is not the case.

GaelCeltic (aka in real life as Anne Marie, so that no one thinks I am posting anonymously).

Turtle

Message Posted:
04/03/2012 12:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 39 of 74 in Discussion

I think Ismet may have got the names a bit muddled, I think he was reffering to "scruff" and not "Stub1" or thats the way I read it anyway.

stubbs1

Message Posted:
04/03/2012 12:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 40 of 74 in Discussion

SamDil

Many thanks for the vindication posting. I agree he should be thoroughly ashamed but from the tone of his last input I would suggest not. The title "most helpful" will be a constant reminder to other members of his true colour. I shall visit your forum today. If you **** one sheep you might as well get used to being called a sheep *******. (I think it's double g)

GinaC

Many thanks for the support.

RadioAngel

Message Posted:
04/03/2012 12:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 41 of 74 in Discussion

Stubbs1 I am with you on this .

There is a Latin phrase ""Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? " which asks " who watches the watchman ?"

One bad moderater taints a whole forum.

Elko2 is out of order with his unfounded rudeness and needs to be moderated himself before he damages the reputation of Cyprus 44 any further.

clipper50

Message Posted:
04/03/2012 12:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 42 of 74 in Discussion

re message 39 Turtle you are correct yes scruff on another thread on here (c44) was getting a bit hot under the collar and agitated and i believe elko2 got his stubbs and scruff mixed up

clipper50

Message Posted:
04/03/2012 12:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 43 of 74 in Discussion

with all this fiasco with ch/f11 does any one know how much money was given buy the sponsors for the concert ?

scruff

Message Posted:
04/03/2012 12:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 44 of 74 in Discussion

Given the responses from certain quarters & from an Admin. no less, to my initial post on another thread on this board, I don't see my responses as being 'hot under the collar'. In the circumstances I consider them quite restrained.

RadioAngel was banned from posting on this board, when I first posted & my intention was do give her an alternative platform from which to post.

Instead I get some unhelpful comments from clipper50 & a response from Elko2 which was effectively dissing our board, where we have an albeit small, but active membership on a board that has now been active for over 4 years.

How an Admin. can lay into Stubbs1 as he did & get my username scruff mixed up with that of Stubbs1 beats me. I'd suggest that maybe it's time he got some new glasses.

EamonnMc

Message Posted:
04/03/2012 13:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 45 of 74 in Discussion

In defense of "Elko2", he made a mistake. So What ? It can't be easy being a Mod, to do the job properly you sometimes have to make unpopular decisions and suffer the ire of people for doing so. Mistakes are made by all of us every day and we should remember that in relation to the CH debate, he unbanned the people concerned. I have on a few occasions emailed Ismet with my concerns about matters and have received prompt and courteous replies from him. Those who uphold standards, be they Police, Regulators etc or Moderators, deserve our respect and support. No one is perfect.

philbailey

Message Posted:
04/03/2012 14:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 46 of 74 in Discussion

This really went off topic

GinaC

Message Posted:
04/03/2012 15:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 47 of 74 in Discussion

EamonnMc

Totally agree we all make mistakes and normally those that do apologise rather than continue being condecending, rude and constantly adopting the 'I'm a moderator and higher in the pecking order than us mere members'. Well I have news for you Ismet its the members that make this forum and make it a commerical venture for its owner. Now whilst you ponder as to if you make a public apology or not for your multiple wrongdoings think of the reputation of this forum before your own. You are a single entity in the whole scheme of things a small cog in this world and believe it or not the world does not revolve around you.

GinaC

Message Posted:
04/03/2012 15:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 48 of 74 in Discussion

Msg 43 Denise

You know it and I know it and I suspect others are now seeing things for what they really are. A bad decision to silence the majority which was eventually revoked with no sign of any apology nor a valid reason for it in the first place.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? " which asks " who watches the watchman ?"

Love it but my advice to you is

Teneo tuus amicitia cludo ac tuus inimico propior

spider

Message Posted:
04/03/2012 15:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 49 of 74 in Discussion

i have never laughed so much in quite some time

And guess what i found something else that had me in fits of laughter, me legs are kicking away

http://www.cyprus44.com/forums/8281.asp

I do hope some of you at least find this link funny

Spider,X

GinaC

Message Posted:
04/03/2012 16:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 50 of 74 in Discussion

Msg40

Stubbs1 you are very welcome and SamDil good on you for clarifying what I suspected all along.

I wonder who has said you should not make statements on a public forum without checking the facts on numerous occasions?

Scoty

Message Posted:
04/03/2012 21:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 51 of 74 in Discussion

Msg 45 EamonnMc

You are joking aren\'t you? There was no mistake made in making the post, the mistake was in confusing one member with another. Does that make the post any more acceptable?

GinaC

Message Posted:
05/03/2012 08:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 52 of 74 in Discussion

Msg 51

No the post was not acceptable at all but it would seem the poster of it still thinks it is OK.

steps426

Message Posted:
05/03/2012 09:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 53 of 74 in Discussion

There will now be a banding together of those who support the most 'helpful' member, but people are slowly waking up to the reality of various situations.

If there was no misappropriation of funds why is there an agreement to repay by instalments, this is criminal and needs dealing with !!!!

fiendishpaul

Message Posted:
05/03/2012 10:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 54 of 74 in Discussion

I don't intend to defend Elko's actions - but let's get things into perspective here. Reading some of the above posts, anybody would think that Ismet has murdered someone. Other 'contributors' to the Forum post much worse on a daily basis. A Mod (unpaid) has made a comment that a few people have taken umbrage to......get over it folks !!!!

What do you think the next action should be ? Sack Ismet ? I am afraid that the Forum would be a much worse place without him.

tomsteel

Message Posted:
05/03/2012 10:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 55 of 74 in Discussion

Msg 54 - hooray for some sense of perspective ref Ismet. The thread was the CH/Fiestival 11 scandal, not mods/bans/umbrage/non-apology et al.

SamDil

Message Posted:
05/03/2012 18:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 56 of 74 in Discussion

Yes the topic has gone off thread, but instigated by a moderator. Perhaps if he apologized, the thread could return to normal.

fiendishpaul

Message Posted:
05/03/2012 19:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 57 of 74 in Discussion

SamDil

He did say he was sorry

erolz

Message Posted:
05/03/2012 19:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 58 of 74 in Discussion

Have to agree with fiendishpaul and tomsteel on this one. Ismet is not the 'villan' here in my opinion and if judged on his years of unpaid service rather than one or two recent incidents in isolation then clearly he is far from such. Surely if anyone here has earnt an expectation of being cut a little bit of slack, it is Ismet ? As fiendishpaul says, there are posters here who day in and day out behave in ways far worse than Ismet has ever behaved, all with little or no comment from anyone on such behaviour. Yes they are not mods and Ismet is, but even so, it seems to me totaly out of proportion.

There are in my view some 'bad' people who regularly use thes forums and some who use it regularly in 'bad' ways and for nasty, vindicitve and dishonest purposes and Ismet is just not one of them as far as I am concerned. In my view judged over years I would say he is one of the most 'balnced' posters here. Well that is my 2 pence worth anyway, take it or leave it as you will.

scruff

Message Posted:
05/03/2012 19:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 59 of 74 in Discussion

msg. 57

Actually Ismet did not really say he was sorry. That's the problem.

This was what he actually said "Sorry, wrong person, never mind

ismet "

Maybe it would have been better if he had left out the words "never mind" as if his accusation didn't matter.

erolz

Message Posted:
05/03/2012 19:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 60 of 74 in Discussion

scruff that is the problem with text only based forums imo. Knowing Ismet a little as I do, I read the 'never mind' as being in regard to his earlier posts. Essentialy as being 'never mind what I said before, just ignore it, it was based on a mistake, therefore never mind it, forget or ignore I said it' where as you seem to see it more as 'never mind that I was wrong, ignore that I was wrong'. Again just my 2 pence worth.

SamDil

Message Posted:
05/03/2012 19:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 61 of 74 in Discussion

Erol, with great respect, it is up to Ismet to clarify what he meant, and not for others to guess.

erolz

Message Posted:
05/03/2012 19:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 62 of 74 in Discussion

SamDil, I am not clarifying what Ismet said, just pointing out how differently different people can interpret what he said, that is all. I just read it differently from how I think Scruff read it, that is all I am pointing out.

tomsteel

Message Posted:
05/03/2012 19:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 63 of 74 in Discussion

Get the thread back on track - as per Msg 1's intention. If members wish to bemoan Ismet, start another thread with that as the topic.

GinaC

Message Posted:
05/03/2012 23:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 64 of 74 in Discussion

Ok tomsteel

Back on topic the festival committee has gone quiet, CH TRNC have gone quiet, Cyprus 44 seem to want it to go quiet. How are these organisations going to try to put the lid on Cheshire Homes UK ?

fiendishpaul

Message Posted:
06/03/2012 08:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 65 of 74 in Discussion

GinaC

I don't believe that C44 want the topic to go quiet. However, the board owner will no doubt watch any posts very closely, as previous posts on this subject have sailed very close to the 'libel' line, if not crossed it on a few occasions. This is a Forum, it is not a court with a judge and jury - some people need to remember this when they are throwing around allegations and making judgements without the necessary facts to do so.

Just my opinion of course

GinaC

Message Posted:
06/03/2012 09:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 66 of 74 in Discussion

fiendishpaul

Fair comment and of course you have your opinion and I have mine which is that there is a concerted effort by some to bury this subject.

For those that gave in whatever form in aid of this charity that do not care if their money actually reached Cheshire Homes here then I guess I have to respect that but it seems very selfish to me to enjoy an event put on in aid of the charity and not have any concerns over if the money was handled correctly.

Some may think that as someone that does care I am in a minority but I can assure you I am not and those that can and have a right to look into this matter are now doing just that.

legaleagle

Message Posted:
06/03/2012 18:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 67 of 74 in Discussion

Does anyone know if any person/persons gave via a UK bank account either by UK cheque or transfer. This issue has been brought to my notice with regard to alledged fraud by either Ex Pats or still UK citizens. This would determine which route could be taken when considering prosecution, or indeed justice, for either party.

elko2

Message Posted:
06/03/2012 19:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 68 of 74 in Discussion

Legaleagle,

Welcome to the forum. I am sure we will have very valuable input from you.

ismet

EamonnMc

Message Posted:
06/03/2012 19:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 69 of 74 in Discussion

Legaleagle, Msg 67,

There could be a case of embezzlement if monies have been diverted from their original purpose, if I'm correct ?

philbailey

Message Posted:
06/03/2012 21:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 70 of 74 in Discussion

Yeah right msg 69 , north cyprus is well known for that

Sandford

Message Posted:
07/03/2012 00:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 71 of 74 in Discussion

PB msg 69 and your 70.

I shall start by apologising as I do not just respond to your posts, so it is nothing personal.

All I read into EamonmMc's comment was that we should not overlook all possibilities for some form of criminal sanction. If the proceeds of the crime, for example, are sitting in a UK Citizen's uk bank account then there are all manner of avenues to consider, including consideration as to whether it is "recoverable property" that could be seized under POCA - embezzlement is a 'trigger offence' under that Act, to seeking European Arrest warrants against the suspects (Cyprus being part of the EAW arrangements). It is not as far fetched as you seem to think in my opinion. Indeed, CPIA requires all investigations to consider all avenues of enquiry to meet the 'rules' of a criminal investigation.

philbailey

Message Posted:
07/03/2012 00:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 72 of 74 in Discussion

Msg 71, this has been tried against property

I believe

GinaC

Message Posted:
07/03/2012 15:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 73 of 74 in Discussion

It will be interesting to see how Cheshire Homes UK handle their investigation into this.

tinker

Message Posted:
07/03/2012 15:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 74 of 74 in Discussion

Most of the evidence re ticket sales has been destroyed .

Perhaps somebody could answer .

How much cash was collected on the door ?

How much cash was raised in the buckets ?

Does it show in the accounts as separate items or was it just tossed into the pot ?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.