North Cyprus Tourist Board - Selling A House Furnished
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Selling A House Furnished

Selling A House Furnished

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read Cyprus44 Article on Buying Furniture in North Cyprus

Ballyboffin

Message Posted:
07/03/2012 05:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 5 in Discussion

Hopefully someone can help me. What is usually left in a villa when selling it furnished ?

kavenkoy

Message Posted:
07/03/2012 06:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 5 in Discussion

The furniture?

I left white goods,beds,settee,.....then I left small soft furnishings I didn't have to like lamps,table,rugs etc

When somebody is interested they would normally have a contractual agreement and a itenary

Kav

Tenakoutou

Message Posted:
07/03/2012 07:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 5 in Discussion

kavenkoy:

Please excuse me, but I think you meant 'inventory', not 'itenary', which you've spelled wrong, anyway - it should be 'itinerary', which means a plan for the route you intend to travel to a destination.

If selling a house furnished, the smart thing to do is to make two contracts - one for the house sale and another for the contents - that way you won't be lumped for so much tax. You needn't show the tax people the contract for the house contents, but you will have to make an accurate listing of the contents, so that the purchaser can check what he has bought against the house contents.

I did this [on good advice!] when I sold my house in RoC - whether the tax regimen is the same in TRNC, I don't know - you'll need to find out from the tax department office.

kavenkoy

Message Posted:
07/03/2012 21:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 5 in Discussion

Message 3

I forgive you ,not many would lol

Kav

Sandford

Message Posted:
08/03/2012 01:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 5 in Discussion

Pat,

Msg 3 has it spot on. make sure the property price is low enough (but not ridiculously so) and ensure that the 'contents' inventory list represents the rest of the sale price. Whatever you do not wish to leave, you would either have to pay to move (if staying) or ship back to the UK in a container (not cheap). If you leave beds, bedding, kitchen equipment - cookers, dishwashers, fridge, washing machine, microwave, etc, etc - rugs, furniture, it all adds up and need not be subject to the same level of tax as the actual property sale generates.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.