North Cyprus Tourist Board - permission to purchase
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > permission to purchase

permission to purchase

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See All North Cyprus Lawyer Discussions posted so far

» Law Firms on Cyprus44 Business Directory

» Property Buying Procedure in North Cyprus

kcboro

Message Posted:
12/11/2007 21:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 10 in Discussion

just been reading other posts and I know this sounds really ignorant especially since we have just taken possesion of our keys, but when and to who do we apply to in order to get ptp.

neither our solicitors or estate agents have mentioned this before, but there is some reference to permission in our contract.

Bradus

Message Posted:
12/11/2007 22:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 10 in Discussion

This is taken from HBPG's web hope its helpful. Your estate agent would not happen to be Unwins by any chance? Who is your solicitor?

How to apply for Permission to Purchase

NOTE: If your Permission to Purchase has been applied for by a third party please insist on your Application Number, as you have probably paid a lot of money in advance for it.

· Go to the Ministry for the Interior offices in Lefkoşa, ask for Sevil.

· Take with you:

o 1 copy of your passport

o 1 copy of a certified Tapu Site Plan (supplied by Estate Agent or Lawyer)

o 1 copy of the Koçan (supplied by Estate Agent or Lawyer)

o Reference from the Police of your home country, or a copy of your Residency Visa stamp in your passort.

o 1 copy of your Sales Agreement

o Letter of application from yourself

· Complete the Permission to Purchase Application Form

· Leave all the documents with Sevil and allow her at least one week to open your file and assign a file number. Either visit or telephone Sevil after that time and ask her for your file number. This number is vital as it is the only way you can monitor progress of your application through the system.

Important telephone numbers:

Interior Ministry 00 90 (0)392 611 1127

Immigration Office 00 90 (0)392

Land Registry 00 90 (0)392

Copyright © 2006 HomeBuyers' Pressure Group.

This site is powered by SunnyCyprus.net - North Cyprus Broadband Internet

kcboro

Message Posted:
13/11/2007 20:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 10 in Discussion

Hi Bradus,

Yes our estate agents are unwins.

Did u have the same problem?

Thanks for all the information.

How soon do we have to do all of this

Should we do it through our solicitors or do we do it ourselves.

Really appreciate your help.

Bradus

Message Posted:
14/11/2007 00:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 10 in Discussion

No Unwin's are not the estate agent I used. Simply asked because I met a couple last week who were up to tiling stage in their villa in Lapta and knew nothing about PTP. When we spoke they said they had not done anything as the estate agent (Unwins) had done it all including applying for the Reference from the British Police. I thought this was strange because they said they had not completed any forms regarding this. They were however happy with Unwins and felt that Unwins had everything under control. A good estate agent and solicitor would surely explain this procedure and I'm not sure that they can apply for your police records on your behalf. (Data Protection Act) Perhaps its me but I would certainly check that its been processed. It takes long enough to come through so it is best to apply at the beginning of the purchase. Your solicitors should have done this at the very beginning.

McSteviet

Message Posted:
14/11/2007 09:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 10 in Discussion

The whole PTP issue should be explained by your Solicitor and he/she should apply for this on your behalf, after all it's part of the legal system to buying a property.

Yes your estate agent should tell foreign buyers about the process, but I don't know why people think they do it all. Their job is to sell you the house or apartment and a bit of after sales if you are buting offplan, i.e. some regular photo's on the progress.

They should never get involved in applying for Police checks and anyway the forms have to be signed. The process is so simple, no-one should need any help.

MC

lippylush

Message Posted:
14/11/2007 18:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 10 in Discussion

Can I ask what exactly you mean by a reference from the Police in our Country. Does this mean we have to ask the UK Police to provide a reference to say we reside in the UK. Is there an eamil address for the Interior Minisrty Office please.

Regards Sue and Dave

kcboro

Message Posted:
14/11/2007 20:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 10 in Discussion

bradus

thanks

we will certainly take it up with our solicitors when we are there in november

good to have some info first though

Bradus

Message Posted:
14/11/2007 20:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 10 in Discussion

lippylush, please access

http://www.hbpg-trnc.net/ and click on information at the top of the page. You will then get all the info you require.

McSteviet

Message Posted:
14/11/2007 22:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 10 in Discussion

Sue and Dave,

You are correct in your assumption. You cannot get or apply or the PTP without a reference to your character from the UK police.

Bradus is quite correct to point you to the HBPG website, as they have your and everyone else's interest at heart, as there are many pitfalls that one can actually fall, whilst purchasing property in the TRNC. They try to inform and protect new buyers from these and other local issues. Please use them.

Steve

ukturk

Message Posted:
15/11/2007 00:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 10 in Discussion

hi guys

just one last thing i want to add kcboro a lot of posters have said take it up with your lawyer because they should advise you on this this is 100% true but i tell you this if unwins were the ones who reconmended you the lawyer, i would be preparerd to put a lot of pressure on them to finnish the job otherwise they will slack this is with most if not all agents who reconmed you to a lawyer (most of the time they are friends or family) always get your own independent lawyer reconmended by buyers just like yourself (best form of advertising thru word of mouth) and these people will have your best interests at heart

take care

regards

ukturk

p.s bradus you are right no one other than an employer with your consent (for jobs like police force-army-teaching) can apply for a persons police record especially an estate agent from a diffrent country

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.