North Cyprus Tourist Board - KIBTEK Account Help Please
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > KIBTEK Account Help Please

KIBTEK Account Help Please

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See All Electricity in North Cyprus and KIBTEK Related Threads posted so far

lynnd

Message Posted:
08/03/2012 08:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 13 in Discussion

Hi there, I was hoping someone could help me with some information about cancelling my KIBTEK account.

I have sold one of my apartments in Esentepe. I seem to remember that I paid quite a high deposit to secure my electricity supply and am sure was told that it was refundable when sold - does anyone know if this is correct and how to apply for a refund (ideally without going out to Cyprus). The new owner will obviously need to take over the supply but I want him to pay a new deposit (i'm sure he will try to not do that, and unfortunatly no clause was put in the contract :-(

Any advise or KIBTEK contact details would be gratefully appreciated

Thank you

elko2

Message Posted:
08/03/2012 09:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 13 in Discussion

As far as I know the new owner will have to pay the new deposit if he wants to have the metre in his name but he may continue to use electricity in your name and in legal terms you will be responsible for it (if they can catch you)!

You should have applied to Kib-tek in writing, sign the necessary papers and ask for your deposit back. they pay back the current deposit i.e. if the deposit is higher now, you get a refund for more than the deposit you paid at the time but usually you have to wait for about a month for it.

What can you do now? Probably the easiest way is to send a Power of attorney to a friend to do it for you. It should be easier if they go together with the new owner if the metre is still in your name.

ismet

elko2

Message Posted:
08/03/2012 09:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 13 in Discussion

If the metre is still in your name, the owners will not be able to have it in their name unless they pay all the arrears if any. this is not legal but this is the practice unless the new owner is prepared to go to court and claim that he is not responsible for the old arrears. that's life in TRNC.

ismet

keithcaley

Message Posted:
08/03/2012 09:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 13 in Discussion

Just to add...

I was told to keep the receipt for the deposit in a safe place, as I would need to present it if I ever wanted to claim a refund - has anyone else had any experience of this?

PoshinDevon

Message Posted:
08/03/2012 10:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 13 in Discussion

Msg 4

Agree. We paid deposit for meter and transfer into our name. We have receipt for the meter which can be used to claim back the deposit if we ever sold. Receipt should be kept in a safe place.

elko2

Message Posted:
08/03/2012 12:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 13 in Discussion

I got my deposit back without the old receipt. The fact that the electricity is in your name is proof enough. No need to prove the amount of deposit you paid at the time because they refund you the current deposit. Perhaps the situation is different for aliens because they pay a higher deposit?

ismet

keithcaley

Message Posted:
08/03/2012 16:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 13 in Discussion

Ismet,

It's OK for you, - you know your rights & will stand and argue them into the ground

They would probably give you the money just to make you go away...

Groucho

Message Posted:
08/03/2012 18:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 13 in Discussion

Where are you keeping in Keith? In your boxers?

Pippie

Message Posted:
09/03/2012 10:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 13 in Discussion

I kept my receipt, took it with me to Kibtek and they did the necessary, told me they'd ring in about 3 weeks to tell me to go and collect the cheque. After 1 month I took to calling in every week to chase it up. 4 months later Latifa in the Girne office had told me that she was still waiting for Lefkoşa to process things but, the day I went in she was not there and her boss found the application sitting in an envelope on the end of her desk. I took the envelope to Nicosia myself to be told it would be processed by the following week and I could collect the cheque from them. 1 week later it was still waiting (they were very busy they said!). 1 month later I got a friend to ring his friend in the Elektrik Kurumu in Lefkoşa who said a cheque had been sent to Girne! I called in the day after to be told they couldn't find the cheque! The day after they rang to say they'd found it!

If you can't be here you may find things difficult!

keithcaley

Message Posted:
09/03/2012 10:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 13 in Discussion

Groucho,

I'm not sure - I'll have to have a rummage around

lynnd

Message Posted:
11/03/2012 15:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 13 in Discussion

Hi there,

Thank you for your replies. Am a little unsure how to proceed as I am in the UK - does anyone have an idea roughly how much the deposit is so I can decide whether it is worth the agro of trying to sort it.

Many thanks again

keithcaley

Message Posted:
11/03/2012 16:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 13 in Discussion

"I seem to remember" that it was around £100 a few years ago, but it went up last year, according to msg 7 of this thread: - http://www.cyprus44.com/forums/79309.asp

Better start digging around for that receipt!

smokey

Message Posted:
17/03/2012 02:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 13 in Discussion

get the meter out of your name as Kibtek show no compassion all the want is money thay dont give a shit for you

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.