North Cyprus Tourist Board - Car rental at Larnaca and directions to Girne, Northern Cyprus
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Car rental at Larnaca and directions to Girne, Northern Cyprus

Car rental at Larnaca and directions to Girne, Northern Cyprus

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about Car Hire in North Cyprus

» Driving Directions from Larnaca Airport to Kyrenia

» Driving Directions from Ercan Airport to Kyrenia

» Driving Directions from Larnaca Airport to Kyrenia

» North Cyprus Map

» Cyprus44 North Cyprus Guide (Over 200 Info Pages)

» Book North Cyprus Hotels and Flights

Blueparrot

Message Posted:
27/03/2012 10:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 5 in Discussion

Hello, everyone. I am choking at the £50 (apparently fixed) cost of the Larnaca/West Kyrenia transfers being quoted.

I am therefore considering renting a car at Larnca and driving to Kyrenia myself. However, I recall that the road systems in Lefkosa are quite confusing. Would anyone be kind enough to give me directions or tell me another email or site that will do so?

Do you think I am being too brave, tackling the Lefkosa roads? I think this will be last time I fly into Larnaca! Many thanks for your help and opinions.

tomsteel

Message Posted:
27/03/2012 11:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 5 in Discussion

Car hire @LCA - use Petsas (on-line booking, cars allowed into N and they will organise your 3rd party insurance so arrival times/insurance booths @ xgs is no problem). However, in the North you are responsible for the car back to the xg if accident/break down etc. Journey is a choice of Nicosia or Pergamos/Beyarmadu and much depends on the time of day/night you will be driving. You can Google both xgs (Agios Dometios - Nicosia) and get directions. Hope this helps.

MarkVPiazza

Message Posted:
27/03/2012 11:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 5 in Discussion

Do you realy want to risk TRNC roads that you are already worried about with third party insurance?

Take the taxi

chr1ch

Message Posted:
27/03/2012 12:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 5 in Discussion

I did the hire a car in Larnaca thing the first few times.

Very enjoyable, getting off the plane and jumping into a car.

But the third party insurance always worried me, plus you have to pay £30 for it at the border. You were on your own basically if you had an accident...

I now let Baspinar send a taxi to pick me up and drop me off at their office, where they hand me the keys to a car - much easier.

Plus I don't think the £50 - £60 pick up and return is too bad in the greater scheme of things.

I am over for eight days this time round and taxi pick up/drop off plus a hire car is costing me £170, I think that is quite reasonable given the convenience.

auldalliance

Message Posted:
28/03/2012 00:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 5 in Discussion

we too have hired in Larnaca like the last message but have now found A one car rentals in the north.

They are good, reliable and cheap for all car types, and the transfer is only £25 each way from larnaca to their office in girne for upto 4 persons. You can organise all this via their web site

Check their web site or give Ismail the boss a call.

it will be worth your while.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.