North Cyprus Tourist Board - Nearest supermarket to Sweetwater / Turtle Bay Beach
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Nearest supermarket to Sweetwater / Turtle Bay Beach

Nearest supermarket to Sweetwater / Turtle Bay Beach

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read Turtle Bay Village North Cyprus property review

» Read Sweetwater Bay North Cyprus property review

» See All Forum Threads on North Cyprus Beaches

» Read about North Cyprus Beaches

» List of Beaches near Kyrenia North Cyprus

» List of Beaches near Famagusta North Cyprus

Richy

Message Posted:
18/11/2007 09:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 7 in Discussion

Anyone know where the nearest is ?

I know these developments will have mini markets but are there any plans for shops near by ?

Tks..

orangekazzie

Message Posted:
18/11/2007 21:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 7 in Discussion

Reasonable size supermarkets near to Turtle Bay would be Esentepe Village. There are 4 which between the lot sell virtually everything you'll need.

Richy

Message Posted:
19/11/2007 17:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 7 in Discussion

orangekazzie (what an unusual name..), thanks for your response... don't suppose you could recommend any good restaurants nearby as well ?

orangekazzie

Message Posted:
19/11/2007 19:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 7 in Discussion

Hi Richy

Now let me see, really depends on what you're looking for.

Esentepe Village itself you have Tumba Restaurant. This is just as you enter the Village on the left hand side. Its run by the Muhtar's son, Shefti. Food is ok and he speaks very good English.

Rosies. Never been in there myself but a lot of English people seem to like it.

Esentepe Restaurant. This is where the locals eat. Not many "Brits" go in because its a bit spit and sawdust. We love it and this is where we tend to go on the rare occasions we go out.

Going down the hill:

Esentepe Hotel - Once again, not really our cup of tea. Mostly Brits. Food is suppose to be good. Recently changed hands and the new owners have plans.

On the coastroad heading towards Tatlisu:

Alkans - wouldn't eat there.

Antique - food can be good but it does depend on the mood of the chef.

Green Peace - once a very good place to meet and eat. Charlie only opens once a week now and doesn't do food any more.

Nazi - good food and location but difficult to find now as they've built a housing estate on the entrance to the place.

Eagles Nest - Excellent location, wonderful views but unfortunately Barbarosa has priced himself out of the market. Good food though.

There is one in Tatlisu itself but I've never eaten there.

So all in all not really much to choose from at the moment and bear in mind this is only my opinion.

Cheers

K

Richy

Message Posted:
19/11/2007 20:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 7 in Discussion

Thanks for the inside track K, definately worth bearing in mind when I next visit...

Milou

Message Posted:
21/11/2007 18:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 7 in Discussion

He Orangekazzie

I can't believe there's so much near Tatlisu - thanks for the info, I have made notes to take out when we go.

Have you been to see Tatlisu village? We wanted to find it the last time we were there but didn't have enough time - I suspect it's due for enormous growth with all of us going to live there.

Regards

orangekazzie

Message Posted:
21/11/2007 20:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 7 in Discussion

Hi Milou

Yes I've been up to the Village. Nice looking place, without much in the way of new buildings. Very small with only 2 or maybe 3 shops. The Muhtar can be found in the shop right in the middle of the Village. The roads are very narrow so you leave the Village via a different road to the one you go in by and then meet up again further down the hill.

Of course further on from Tatlisu for food is the Kaplica (pronounced Kaplesha) beach, good food, you have a choice of either eating in the beach restaurant or up in the Hotel restaurant. The beach is reasonably clean and you can hire beds cheaply. There are changing facilities and a shop if you want to purchase your own food and have a picnic on the beach, in fact I'm sure people were eating their own food in the restaurant last time we were there, they just purchased drinks.

K

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.