North Cyprus Tourist Board - Please be very aware when walking your dog on Karsiyaka beach
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Please be very aware when walking your dog on Karsiyaka beach

Please be very aware when walking your dog on Karsiyaka beach

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See All Threads on Pets, Dogs, Cats, Animals and Kyrenia Animal Rescue (KAR)

» Read about Bringing Your Pet to North Cyprus

» KAR Official Website - www.kyreniaanimalrescue.org

» See All Forum Threads on North Cyprus Beaches

» Read about North Cyprus Beaches

» List of Beaches near Kyrenia North Cyprus

» List of Beaches near Famagusta North Cyprus

Littlenige

Message Posted:
13/12/2007 14:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 39 in Discussion

Please be very aware when walking your dog on Karsiyaka beach.

Poison Has been laid yet again!!

Pat took out to their today walked them as far as the bend where the water flows down form the hills then back just past the beach bars.

Burnley must have found something as on their return he started frothing at the mouth evacuated his bowels and was shaking violently.

Fortunately we had some Antropine I was able to administer then drove into girne at emergency speed headlights on flashers on horn beeping.

Ferdez was able to hook him up to a drip give him several injections and he is going to be ok.

Please please be very careful if you take your dogs there, Also may I urge all dog owners to get some Antropine to get some visit the chemist just before tempo it was 10ytl for quite a lot and it will save your dog should the worst happen.

Notsoboredhw

Message Posted:
13/12/2007 15:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 39 in Discussion

Hi Littlenige - why do they put poison down?

Littlenige

Message Posted:
13/12/2007 15:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 39 in Discussion

to kill dogs !!

Kitty1

Message Posted:
13/12/2007 17:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 39 in Discussion

Thanks for the warning Littlenige. It just upsets me so much to think that people would do such a thing. We live down at Catalkoy and thank goodness our dog has not come across anything nasty but I will certainly go and pay that chemist a visit just in case.

ukturk

Message Posted:
13/12/2007 17:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 39 in Discussion

hi littlenige

sorry to hear what happened to your dog, but this problem is rife in cyprus and turkey because there is a big street dog problem and the only way they think to keep a control over it is to poison the dogs aswell as cats in their eyes to expensive to mantain in a shelter, in turn the pet dogs and cats get caught up in it aswell which is cruel not just for the pet dogs but also for the street dogs, now in turn what i do when i take my dog out especially to the beach i keep him on the lead which i know defeats the purpose of taking him out but id rather be safe than sorry!!!! thank god you managed to have and give antropine to your dog and was able to rush down to the vets!!!!

regards

ukturk

hope burnley gets well soon woof woof!!!!

Kitty1

Message Posted:
13/12/2007 18:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 39 in Discussion

Forgot to say nige...hope Burnley's back on tip top form very soon xx

dodger

Message Posted:
13/12/2007 19:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 39 in Discussion

heared some awful stories regarding the treatment of dogs in cyprus its not big and its not brave to poison a dog (scum) hope burnley gets well soon.

JamesB

Message Posted:
13/12/2007 20:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 39 in Discussion

What would this poison do to a small child if they came across it?

dodger

Message Posted:
14/12/2007 20:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 39 in Discussion

good point mate,long time no hear hope you are well.

Littlenige

Message Posted:
15/12/2007 08:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 39 in Discussion

JamesB

I asked the vet that question. if the child was old enogh to tell an adult what had happened and got hospital treatment within a short period the child may survive if it was a toddler ie 3 or under the child would die.

legin

Message Posted:
15/12/2007 09:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 39 in Discussion

Hi Little Nige

Your post is a perfect example to me of what makes this forum so bloody good! 'Er indoors and me are dog lovers(we have a three year old boxer called Alfie)and are planning to retire to Karsiyaka in the not too distant future with Alfie(Ijust lurrrrve that boy!) Making people aware of the potential dangers and the preventative measures that can be taken is really useful! Keep up the good work all you posters!

P.S. Did i mention that my Alfie is the best Boxer in the world Lol!!!!!!!

That gives me an idea for another post! Watch this space!

Regards to all

Nigel (my Turkish Cypriot mates all call me Naci (pronounced najjy)

simbas

Message Posted:
15/12/2007 13:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 39 in Discussion

good morning all, our villa is littered with those little plastic bags of poison in every room. i have asked the cleaner not to use them , but each time we visit nc they are there again . does anyone else have that trouble ?

regards simbas

lobylud

Message Posted:
15/12/2007 14:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 39 in Discussion

legin - thought Floyd Mayweather was the best boxer in the world!

legin

Message Posted:
15/12/2007 16:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 39 in Discussion

you could be right mate, but i was meaning in the looks department! lol

Regards

Naci

simbas

Message Posted:
15/12/2007 16:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 39 in Discussion

what's the last 2 messages got to do with poison ???????????????

legin

Message Posted:
15/12/2007 16:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 39 in Discussion

whoops lobylud------------- caught by the forum police lol

lobylud

Message Posted:
15/12/2007 20:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 39 in Discussion

You're right legin - if I ever buy you a drink I'll be careful not to say 'what's your poison'.

Alfie probably looks like me in the morning after a good night out.

Take care,

Loby.

JamesB

Message Posted:
15/12/2007 22:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 39 in Discussion

What form does the poison take?

Simbas, what on earth are the plastic bags of poison for left by your cleaner?

legin

Message Posted:
16/12/2007 00:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 39 in Discussion

lobylud

I'd love you to buy me a drink, and don't be too bloody long about it!!!!!! lol

Naci

simbas

Message Posted:
16/12/2007 07:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 39 in Discussion

Hi jamesb, god only knows whats in the bags ! its for vermin she says. but i have asked more than once to stop, but i suppose she has quite a few villa's to look after so she forgets i suppose to her its quite normal to use them. also there a quite a few well behaved dogs on the site and they are quite well looked after by the site workers. the last time we were there one puppy that wasnt very well ,and as i saw some bags outside the villa i mentioned it to the site foreman he actually took it to the vet it had bad case of worms . by the time we left the puppy was very well my husband had commented about the poison saying the dogs might injest it but i stupidly thought it just affected vermin . but if this is first line management in vermin control its going to be very difficult to stop her from using it.

have a good day simbas

millzer

Message Posted:
16/12/2007 10:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 39 in Discussion

Nigel,

Message 11. Sorry but I think you've made a mistake!! We have a four year old Boxer called Milllie, and SHE is the best Boxer in the world, and we just lurvvvve her too LOL. Maybe be we should just agree that 'Boxers' are the best DOGS in the world eh!

dodger

Message Posted:
16/12/2007 13:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 22 of 39 in Discussion

We need a photo of burnley now nige,will probably look more appealing then your a*** lol

JamesB

Message Posted:
16/12/2007 19:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 23 of 39 in Discussion

Unless Burnley is wearing a blue thong too!

ukturk

Message Posted:
16/12/2007 23:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 24 of 39 in Discussion

LOL

appearing for one night only at the forum c44!!!!!!

its the hulk and james show

legin

Message Posted:
17/12/2007 09:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 25 of 39 in Discussion

Millzer

re message 21. I agree your boxer is a fine looking animal. Maybe i get a little over exuberant when talking about Alfie. Boxers are the best dogs in the world. Give Millie a big slobbery kiss from me and i'll do the same to Alfie from you! I will have to get a picture of Alfie on my profile like you've done.

Best regards

Nigel

simbas

Message Posted:
17/12/2007 09:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 26 of 39 in Discussion

You boys are beginning to worry me !!!!!!!!!!!! what next i wonder

try and keep sane

have a good day simbas

JamesB

Message Posted:
17/12/2007 12:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 27 of 39 in Discussion

Woke up with a few dogs before but none that walk around on four legs.............but then again there was that night.................

simbas

Message Posted:
17/02/2008 11:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 28 of 39 in Discussion

poison still a big problem then ! does anyone else have a problem with their cleaners leaving those little bags of poison around. i have invested in electronic vermin devices ,i hope they work , now i only have to convince the cleaner to use them , wish me luck

regards simbas

lesleyd

Message Posted:
18/02/2008 13:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 29 of 39 in Discussion

Hi Everyone

Sorry to hear about pats dog but glad it is ok now.

A little bit of news regarding the poisoning of animals. voicing opinions in forums is all well and good but actions speak louder than words, so please sign the petition and try to attend the meeting to get the government to take some positive action.

11/2/08

Following the public meeting held at Watermill Hotel Girne, Kyrenia Animal Rescue representatives are endeavoring to secure an appointment with President Talat in order to present the Petition that calls for changes in the way that lethal poison is imported, sold and indiscriminately used.

It is hoped that the many supporters of KAR including those who attended the meeting, pet owners, students and all interested parties will support on the day that the Petition is presented. It is planned that Television and Press will be in attendance so the more people that can attend at the appointed time the better. KAR hope to show a strong and united front when meeting with Mr. Talat.

The date and time of the appointment will be posted on the web site

13/2/08

President Talat has agreed to accept the KAR Poison Petition and the Presidential Office will contact KAR with an appointment date and time. Watch This Space!!!.

Regards Lesley

limony777

Message Posted:
19/09/2008 21:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 30 of 39 in Discussion

Hi all, I realise that this is an old post but I really want to post a message on this subject.

The little bags are full of rat/mouse poison (mostly pellit like looking things) the vermin eat it and die. Any animal or human that ingests it will die if not treated very very fast.

The cleaner that simbas is reffering too is wrong in my opinion. There are other ways to kill vermin or ripel them. electronic devices plugged into electric sockets that send out a sound we cant hear but the vermin hate. There is also traps and glue, not humane but safer than poison. And much more available for this problem.

But its not only that animals or humans can ingest this poison thats the problem. Once vermin eat it, they die there or run off and die. if they run into your garden and die, your dog goes sniffing it or even ingests the dead vermin and they will be posioned. let me put it like this, the dead vermin turns into one big poison itself!!!

A while back my dog collaped in front of me like a feather, i immediately gave him a cortizon tablet mashed in water by forcing it into his mouth then rushed to the vet. She told me that because he purked up a bit after the cortizon (i mean he was awake still) that meant he had been in contact with a poison of some sort shortly before collapsing, she said he could have licked or even sniffed a dead posioned vermin and have been affected. I proceeded to tell her that we never allow any sort of poison near our villa and thats when she explained. After injections etc we took our baby home and he is fine now thank God.

I also have a question, is this Antropine given by injection? tablet? and what is the dosage for different sized dogs? I have 6 dogs and they are all different breeds and sizes!

God Bless

Littlenige

Message Posted:
19/09/2008 23:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 31 of 39 in Discussion

Antropine is given by injection? Please please consult your vet on dosage.

As a rule in an emegancy I have given i vile to small and medium dogs and 2 viles to large dogs.

Lilli

Message Posted:
19/09/2008 23:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 32 of 39 in Discussion

Hi nige hope the dog makes a speedy recovery its a nightmare thats where i take my lot good job you are well trained in these matters and you can highlight to us that are not. we will get some from the chemist. take care love to pat and the babt. lili

limony777

Message Posted:
20/09/2008 07:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 33 of 39 in Discussion

Thanks for the info, we are always scared of poisoning! had a bad experience a while back with one of my little ones, walked in the house and just collapsed like a feather. I mashed up cortizone in water and forced it into his mouth then rushed to the vets. She gave him lots of injections and he was home with us a couple of hours later. We dont know what caused it but she said that the fact the cortizone percked him up a bit means it was a poisoning related thing, he may have licked a dead rat or mouse is what she said, so we went over the garden with a tooth comb but found nothing!

Its outrageous! I heard of someone dogs that died after being fed a poison laced bone, the owner took the bone to the police and demanded it be investigated, the police didnt argue as its there job even in a dogs case.

Also one of my dog has an alergy to bee stings (we found out the hard way) would antropine be useful like cortizone is in that case do you think?

Will check with the vet on the dosage etc

Thanks again and hope the dog makes a speedy recovery

Regards to all

Littlenige

Message Posted:
20/09/2008 08:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 34 of 39 in Discussion

" Also one of my dog has an alergy to bee stings (we found out the hard way) would antropine be useful like cortizone is in that case do you think"

In this event we give our ( who is also alegic to bee and or wasp stings ) a piriton tablet in a lump of jam seems to work fine after an hor or so.

Lilli, He seems fine now, we are very very aware and do or best to keep an eye on him, but labradores and food ! you can not part themit is a mamoth task.

limony777

Message Posted:
20/09/2008 08:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 35 of 39 in Discussion

piriton? why does that sound familiar but i havent a clue what it is? is that available from chemists or the vets? im also so scared about meds with him because he is a shit-tzu and very small (also just under a year old) i worry that he may have reactions to meds seeing as he has a bee alergy?!

We have camera's installed for this very reason but they only act as a deterant at the mo because we are missing a cable that cant be found here, just in the uk!!! My Gosh so hard to find that cable! just hoping any evil person with any bad idea's would think twice when seeing the camera's!

Groucho

Message Posted:
20/09/2008 08:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 36 of 39 in Discussion

Piriton is a human allergy remedy, taken for and histamine rection... Aller-eaze is another...

My friends now walk their dogs with muzzles on so that simply can't get hold of poisoned meat.

fire starter

Message Posted:
20/09/2008 14:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 37 of 39 in Discussion

hope your dog gets well soon!

maybe admin could keep a regular post here something along the lines of' poison alert.' so anyone with the latest info could post. would be benefical to all pet owners.

Littlenige

Message Posted:
20/09/2008 14:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 38 of 39 in Discussion

With all the posion posts on the bbs nowadys one has to be very carefull.

simbas

Message Posted:
20/09/2008 16:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 39 of 39 in Discussion

ain' t that the truth

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.