North Cyprus Tourist Board - Just reserved near Bafra - advice please!
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Just reserved near Bafra - advice please!

Just reserved near Bafra - advice please!

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read Thalassa Beach Resort in Bafra, North Cyprus property review

» Read Bafra Beach Resort in Bafra, North Cyprus property review

» Read about Beach Beach North Cyprus

shelly

Message Posted:
01/05/2007 19:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 14 in Discussion

Hi all,

Ive just found this website, gives lots of info so thanks! I think my main worry is what some of you have been talking about- Im just hoping if Ive missed anything you could point it out. Im buying in the new Thalassa beach resort, near Bafra, completion 2009 so way off yet, Ive received a letter confirming from a solicitor that the title deeds have been checked back to pre 1974 and they are not disputed, of course I will have this checked again by my own solicitor, Im currently looking for one and have sent enquiries but if anyone could recommend one that would be good. I think Im just a little worried after recent reports about buying there and of course Ive had family members throw the doom and gloom on it but I think it looks like a really good investment- Ive thoroughly read up on the area and the North/ South divide, I check the British foreign office website for any specifics I shousl consider and I feel its still a goer - is there any notable 'tension' there at all and how do the locals feel about foreigners?

Thanks guys

shelly

Message Posted:
01/05/2007 20:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 14 in Discussion

Hi,

Actually shes one of the ones the agent recommended but Im gonna go for someone who isn't linked with them- you just take your chances though don't you? as if you can't get a good recommendation then they could be rubbish too! Thanks for the info though.

shelly

cyprusishome

Message Posted:
01/05/2007 22:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 14 in Discussion

You will get good service from Naomi, she is getting good reviews from many people we know here. As for cost £1200 is about right price, we paid £1100 for our solicitor 15 months ago.

What I would suggest though is keep away from Girne solicitors altogether and use Gazi Magusa or more likely Lefkosa where solicitors are less likely to be linked into the builders cartel.

Like all services, anywhere in world, you can get good recomendations from sites such as this and then your experience is a nightmare. Personally never make recomendations for that reason. You really have to make a valued judgement based on info. received.

Personally do not think pre 1974 title is a major issue in buying, just a con to drive the price up. You can check your own property details however by going to land registry in Lefkosa, south side. Sorry do not know the details but if you check on all of the BB's there will be someone who will help.

David

Notsoboredhw

Message Posted:
01/05/2007 22:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 14 in Discussion

Yes I would definitely recommend Naomi Mehmet. We had another lawyer previous to her who we sacked as she wasn't much good but Naomi has been very good and yes I would agree she has got a good reputation. Her fees are normal too and not high

pilgrim

Message Posted:
15/05/2007 21:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 14 in Discussion

Hi, been to Bafra many times great beach, judgeing by the new hotels and infrastructure its going to the premier resort of the east coast, and should be an excellent investment. Can you give me website details of development, would like to have a look.

For a solicitor you cant do better than Hakki Onen graduated in London, has offices in Famagusta.

Kind regards

p

shelly

Message Posted:
15/05/2007 23:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 14 in Discussion

Thanks for the info, Yes the development is the 'Thalassa beach resort' advertised by Savills estates agents in London - Im going out there next month, Ive read up so much about Northern Cyprus,I feel like Im going blind! Ive read good and bad, I can only go by what my instinct says and what I see when I get there. I live in Spain at the moment and have done the past couple years- there are some 'Brit' horror stories here too but all you can do as with any country is take advice and legally get yourself covered. Ive instructed H&A Law in Nicosia(any feedback on these if you know would be appreciated), our correspondance before instructing them was prompt and informative and website looked good, good price too. Yes, there are a lot of plans happening in that area so Im looking forward to it all being completed and hopefully making good on my investmen!.

helot

Message Posted:
16/05/2007 13:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 14 in Discussion

I have also been recommended Naomi,but my one concern is that she is so good that everyone wants her and that means it could take her longer to complete everyones contracts as she is so busy,I am also intending to purchase in NC so I am also concerned about pre 74 trnc deeds as aparently that is what the majority of properties in the North will come under

adam7157

Message Posted:
16/05/2007 19:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 14 in Discussion

Pilgrim can you pm me the website or telephone number for Hakki Onen based at Famagusta office.Also what as he been like so far and what are is prices can you also pm me how much he charges please if you dont mind cheers Adam.

pilgrim

Message Posted:
16/05/2007 21:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 14 in Discussion

Hi Adam

Having used both I think prices are about 1000 pounds for purchasing legalities. Obviously I cant presume to quote, but I'm sure Hakki would quote you himself. Hakki's email address is Onen.law@kktc.net . A professional and very pleasant gentleman.

kind regards

p

KeenBuyer

Message Posted:
03/07/2007 01:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 14 in Discussion

Hi Shelly How is your purchase coming along at Thallassa Beach. I have just looked at a dvd about the resort and it looks very nice. I am going out to NC in a few weeks time and will be looking around all areas, not so much at property, just finding out which area I prefer with a view to purchasing at a later date.

the butler

Message Posted:
03/07/2007 19:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 14 in Discussion

Hi Helot,

I think you will find that the majority of new developements are built on exchange land and that those built on pre 74 title deed come at a premium and are becoming harder to find. I personally think it is a risk worth taking and we are very pleased with our bungalow in Esentepe and love the forest and countryside and being away from the hustle and bustle of Kyrenia. As we like the quiet life it suits us and we are looking forward to many happy years in the trnc.

Steve

apc2010

Message Posted:
24/12/2010 02:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 14 in Discussion

was it worth the risk .??

Marisa

Message Posted:
24/12/2010 17:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 14 in Discussion

Do not buy at 'Thalassa beach resort' . Read Cyprus Today , Decemer 22.2010.

Bradus

Message Posted:
24/12/2010 18:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 14 in Discussion

Marisa,

any links to this article please?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.