North Cyprus Tourist Board - Thalassa pictures
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Thalassa pictures

Thalassa pictures

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read Thalassa Beach Resort in Bafra, North Cyprus property review

» Read Bafra Beach Resort in Bafra, North Cyprus property review

» Read about Beach Beach North Cyprus

» North Cyprus Photo Gallery

» Kyrenia Pictures

stusimpson

Message Posted:
14/04/2008 17:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 16 in Discussion

Anyone who hasn't emailed me their email address please do.Anyone who has I have sent a detailed email to you all but if you don't want to be on the list,heres the link to the progress as of last week at Thalassa.(pics only)

http://gallery.mac.com/stuandmarsha#100008

Cheers stu

Prionsias

Message Posted:
14/04/2008 20:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 16 in Discussion

Hi Stu ,

welcome back . The beach looks a right mess . can you see this development meeting our expectations? are you still happy with your purchase at thalassa?

stusimpson

Message Posted:
14/04/2008 22:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 16 in Discussion

At the moment I have concerns,I've emailed Kensington to say that in its current state I am not happy with my contract changes as there seems to have been many bits tweaked and adjusted which may have had a bearing on whether I bought or not.

I'm waiting on actual sizes of each room and a definate terrace size, as what I signed for and the colour picture in my contract are different ,but at least on the original I had room sizes,on my new one I don't.

Its maybe a tad pedantic but they must by this stage have some pretty definate sizes to build to.

The beach will need scraping big time,and a huge amount of sand dumping,because in the plans ,its a large expanse.I just hope it gets a swifter build time than Turtle bay at Essentepe,which IMHO needs lots of work done.

I'll let everyone know what Kensington says.

Cheers stu

brandysour

Message Posted:
14/04/2008 23:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 16 in Discussion

Building work not started yet when do they start?

albie

Message Posted:
15/04/2008 01:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 16 in Discussion

Hi Stu,

It may also be useful to keep Savills informed as they ahve a reputation to protect and might be able to put pressure on Kensington.

albie

Message Posted:
15/04/2008 01:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 16 in Discussion

Hi Stu,

Thanks for the information and the photos. Bit of a mixed bag although the rate of building is obviously disappointing and I am really worried about the photographs of the beach. I suppose all building sites look a bit of a mess and this will probably get worse before it gets better. I did think that it was a little optimistic to appoint the building contractors on one day and for them to be operational virtually the next day. How far away is the sewerage works and will that be a problem? Did you go into Bafra and if so what is that like? The CGI appears to be much more congested than the original artists impressions and again that is a bit of a worry.

All in all a bit disappointing I thought but we have to recognise that it is very early in the process. By the way I received room dimensions for our apartment but we are 1st floor and so obviously of no use to you.

Thanks again,

Albie

paulj

Message Posted:
15/04/2008 23:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 16 in Discussion

im looking for any info on thalassa beach resort

is it worth it

what diference between sales person and the actual costings

is there any hidden costings

advise on how to get a solicter involved

albie

Message Posted:
16/04/2008 10:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 16 in Discussion

Hi Pauli,

I found Savills very good in terms of identifying all the costs - unless things come up later that had not been anticipated and planned for. In terms of the investment the complex looks fantastic - assuming that it all materialises. Savills will give names of solicitors - they don't recommend but give names of those who have operated in this market previously.

beachboy

Message Posted:
16/04/2008 12:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 16 in Discussion

I am concerned that the development of the lagoon, restaurant and management offices may be further delayed. The beach certainly looks a mess. I hope the sea views are as good as promised in the brochure

stusimpson

Message Posted:
16/04/2008 18:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 16 in Discussion

Its a big development and I'm sure it'll all look good in the long term,so at this stage I wouldnt worry,they ll have to sort the beach out thats a definate so they'll be aware of the work involved.

But like all things it'll slip on timescales for sure,even if they work extra hard!!

I'm still excited about it although I'll definately be keeping an eye on it more than I would have liked too!

Stu

Gooses

Message Posted:
16/04/2008 22:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 16 in Discussion

Spoke with Fiona today, and she said the beach will be cleared - they will move some of the (few) obvious rocks on the beach out of the way.

The complex shared services (sports, restaurants etc) are still very much as originally planned and nothing is shelved. Savills emailed us the latest marketing stuff and it still reflects the sales splurge from a year ago, and we spoke with them to confirm.

Our minds are more at ease now, although we'll keep on asking questions.

Nearly 50% of appartments sold, so Savills say....

Andrew & Sue

stusimpson

Message Posted:
17/04/2008 01:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 16 in Discussion

Well if anything by us all being in contact, she's getting the same queries so I have no doubt she is aware of areas of concern,not sure who Fiona is working with now if Andrew has left but she is very approachable and we just have to keep an eye on how things go.

Stu

P.s There must be more than the people on the mailing list on the forum,is there a reason you don't want to add your email,you will only get emails from Thalassa buyers ,no one else.

Gooses

Message Posted:
17/04/2008 10:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 16 in Discussion

Andrew has left Kensington completely, and Fiona's boss and main man in charge is now an Israeli gent called Yael Eilenberg.

Savills very much pushing use of the blog, so should be useful when it is up and running

A&S

beachboy

Message Posted:
17/04/2008 20:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 16 in Discussion

I spent quite sometime to come up with any complaints on the internet regarding Savills overseas . I failed to find any which is probably one of the reasons we bought thru Savills. It might also mean that all the negative blogs have been removed

Mahaji

Message Posted:
30/04/2008 16:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 16 in Discussion

I have just last week returned from the area.

Can anyone give me exact directions to that site as I found a savill's development just up from Bogaz- but it looks totally different.

Thanks- the simpler the directions the better.

sarahblu

Message Posted:
13/06/2008 13:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 16 in Discussion

great pics, i will post some after i visit on the 22nd July x

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.