North Cyprus Tourist Board - Sea Terra Villas near Esentepe
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Sea Terra Villas near Esentepe

Sea Terra Villas near Esentepe

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read SeaTerra Esentepe North Cyprus property review

» North Cyprus Property Rental Guide

» Read about Esentepe Village in North Cyprus

» Korineum Golf Course, Esentepe, North Cyprus

mint1955

Message Posted:
30/05/2007 20:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 21 in Discussion

Hi, New to the site but am looking to find anyone who has or is buying through Sea Terra. The website and brochures look great but theres nothing better than personal views.

Sheila&Phil

millzer

Message Posted:
30/05/2007 21:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 21 in Discussion

Sheila & Phil,

Why don't you see for yourself by going over and renting our lovely SeaTerra apartment. Then you can talk to some owners first hand, and see what the build quality is like.

keith

Message Posted:
31/05/2007 00:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 21 in Discussion

We have bought on the Sea terra Marina Apartments we found the build to be very good had a few problems with Sea Terra but once they where informed of them they put them right all in all i would say they are one of the better builders

McSteviet

Message Posted:
31/05/2007 09:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 21 in Discussion

Sheila & Phil,

You really do need to go look for yourself. Sea Terra do good inspection trips at £195 each for 3 days. You can extend for as long as you want to, for extra of course.

I have been to the Villa's site, at the end of April, there is nothing there at the moment. They haven't started work yet. It is a nice spot, but when you go, have a look round at all different types of houses, in different areas and with different developers, as there is so much choice, your head will be ringing.

We started out looking at Sea Terra Bay last year, they are still being finished, probably 75% complete overall, I would say, but we have moved away from an apartment to looking at private villa's now, just because we wanted more privacy really and when you see what you can get for your money, you will see why.

You do have to be careful, there are some bad developers out there. All I would say, is do your research, go have a look around, for at least a week, two if you have the time, then come back and do more research on the developer(s) where you like houses and then ask as many questions on forums like this as you can think of, about Estate Agents, Lawyers etc

Regards

MC

millzer

Message Posted:
31/05/2007 11:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 21 in Discussion

Sheila/Phil,

I posted after my first message to e-mail me, but it's not there for some reason!!

Anyway, i would second what MC and Keith say. We went over for a weeks holiday the first time, which we thought would be plenty of time, but it's only when you get there that you see there are so many developments it gets mind boggling!! You do need some time to look around, do your research, and come back home and think about it before committing yourself. In hindsight we could have done with a fortnight at the very least, so do as MC says, and either book an inspection trip and extend it, or, do as we did and book your own holiday so that you are a free agent, and claim back the cost from the builder of the free inspection trip when you decide and commit to buy.

Personally, I think the SeaTerra villas are a little pricey for the square meterage you get!! 100K for the 102 sq mtrs model with communal pool (we paid 59K for 100 sq mtrs apartment, so an extra 41K for 2 sq mtrs and being detached!!!!).

However, at least by buying through them you have a company that are VERY protective of their reputation, so they will not rip you off by taking your money and not delivering the end product! That's not to say that ALL the other builders are going to rip you off, because there are other good builders, but I can only speak about my experience with Seaterra.

Be aware also that some 'Villa' developments have monthly communal fees in their contracts, and I notice that only the dearest SeaTerra villas (135 - 145K) have their own pool (if that's what you want). Also, don't fall for the 'Government land' trick. When we were first looking at some dev's we asked about the open land next to some of them and were told a number of times, ''oh that's government land so can't be built on''!! Well, I've since seen things built on some of this 'so called' government land, and in fact, when we were looking at another development, the land that SeaTerra villas is now being built on we were told was 'Government land'!!!

Overall, whilst SeaTerra are a reputable developer, don't ignore all the others.

A builder just in front of our development (Greatstone) are building 4 bed 3 bath Villas 172 sq mtrs for 110K (excluding pool). That is very good value and they certainly look very nice. I've heard that they are a good builder but have no experience of them so don't know for sure.

If you want any more info about SeaTerra you can e-mail me if you like millzer@hotmail.co.uk

McSteviet

Message Posted:
31/05/2007 17:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 21 in Discussion

Millzer,

Funny you should say that about the builder Greatstone. We have just bought one of theirs in Lapta and certainly the quality of their finished product is excellent. Hope mine is too, when it's built.

Where have you bought?

MC

millzer

Message Posted:
01/06/2007 01:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 21 in Discussion

MC,

We are at SeaTerra Esentepe. The development behind Greatstone. What made you switch from Tatlisu to Lapta?

McSteviet

Message Posted:
01/06/2007 08:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 21 in Discussion

Millzer,

We started out looking at Sea Terra Bay last year, but when we got there, we liked what we saw but queried being so far out of town and then as you said above, when you start looking around, there is so much out there, so we started looking and then gave up.

We started looking again this year and again went to Sea Terra bay and still liked it, but only for their front line apartments. Then when you think 89k for an apartment, we again started looking, we looked at Sweetwater bay, but they never came back to us and Sea Terra villas are overpriced compaired to the market at the moment.

We had already employed the services of two estate agents to show us other properties, one in the east and one in the west. We then spent several days viewing villas and narrowed it down to two. One in Lapta and one in Esentepe.

We liked the Greatstone house in Lapta, (their developement in Esentepe was sold out) so we kept looking at the house we liked in Esentepe, which was on the wrong side of the hill for the sun in the afternoon and really for that reason we discounted that house, so we are now going to Lapta. Process of elimination really.

We will have to make some trips out there during the coming year and I note we could rent your apartment, so I'll bear that in mind when it comes to arranging the trips.

All the best

MC

millzer

Message Posted:
01/06/2007 10:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 21 in Discussion

Hi MC,

Yes I agree about the 89K ones at the Bay, as that's not a million miles away pricewise from a villa! If I was in your shoes would have done exactly the same as I feel that's currently too much for an apartment in the TRNC (especially considering the same apartment on the same site could have been bought for 49K in some of the non-front line blocks). Also, for us we thought it was too far out as well, lovely location, but no real facilities nearby.

Good luck with your villa and hope all goes well with the build.

I'll pm you details of our place in case you are ever interested.

All the best.

Millzer

millzer

Message Posted:
01/06/2007 10:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 21 in Discussion

MC,

Can't see a pm facility so will e-mail you

Millzer

flower

Message Posted:
29/07/2007 00:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 21 in Discussion

Hi, just found this site and its been interesting reading so far. Does anyone know if the Greatstone builders have a website for their developments?? Am thinking of going out mid december to hopefully find a villa to buy. Has anyone had any problems with the deeds so far in this area? Any info be welcome..

McSteviet

Message Posted:
29/07/2007 03:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 21 in Discussion

Flower,

Why do you ask specifically about Greatstone? Just wondered, seems a little odd you single them out if you've never been out to look before. You must of heard of then by recommendation?

http://www.greatstonecyprus.com/ is their web site, but is very out of date, possibly 2 years. The site they say is "new" on the site, is in fact almost finished and have at least 2 newer developments on the go now.

one is just about 1/2 mile from their Lapta 1 site (where we have just bought) and the other is near Esentepe, just past the Golf course, but when we went in late April, nothing had started, except markings in the ground.

Let me know if you want any info. They have been so far very accomodating.

MC

orangekazzie

Message Posted:
31/07/2007 16:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 21 in Discussion

Sheila & Phil

It all depends on what you want to use the property for. If you intend living out there then I would suggest you buy somewhere near to a local shopping area because a large percentage of villas/apartments purchased are for holiday use only and it will become very lonely being the only people on the site, especially in an emergency.

If on the other hand you intend to use it for holidays then just look around at whats on offer, a communal site is a good place to meet others and with property maintenance you'll at least have some form of guarantee that the property is being looked after when you aren't there. Bear in mind that if you buy a villa/apartment and use just for holidays you'll still have to pay your utility bills (monthly) and local rates so you'll have to find a way of paying for these when you aren't there. The bills are normally just left in your meter box.

flower

Message Posted:
03/08/2007 23:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 21 in Discussion

Hi MC,

Thankyou for your reply. I was just enquiring about Great stone as people on this forum seem to have good things to say about them. Have you had any issues with buying out in the TRNC regarding the land deeds? Any information you are happy to share regarding purchasing out there would be extremely helpful.

Flower

Rogerdodger

Message Posted:
24/04/2008 20:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 21 in Discussion

Flower,

I brought a place on the great Stone Esentepe park eighteen months ago, last month I paid my stamp duty and did the land regisrty, no problems there, all was in order and I got my deeds met some other people who were doing the same who have great Stone houses in Lapta, they said that they were all OK as well, heard some horror stories about peope who tried to register their land in their names but were refused because the developers hade remorgaged the land for other projects

andre 514

Message Posted:
27/04/2008 21:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 21 in Discussion

hi mint 1955,

we bought at seaterra bay

its a stunning location and first-rate company

keep some cash for deposits fees and charges.

but don't despair, spain is still 250% dearer

originally, a bloke I know did some snagging for an investor friend

who bought into seaterra marina and this put me on to the firm,

they have only a few units still available at seaterra bay

but seaterra reserve up the mountain is coming on a treat

it's true they are somewhat pricier than many other quality firms

and you do pay that bit extra for service and 24-hour security

but-

at the end of the day, it is up to you what you want

personally it would drive me bananas to be anywhere near a main road

but that does not bother everybody, I gotta have mountain views tho'

the wife likes to be by the sea for bathing and that attracts a premium

and a comment on the undoubted value of "personal views":

your own impressions and priorities are equally important

what did you do in the end?

andre

andre 514

Message Posted:
27/04/2008 21:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 21 in Discussion

hi mint 1955,

we bought at seaterra bay

its a stunning location and first-rate company

keep some cash for deposits fees and charges.

but don't despair, spain is still 250% dearer

originally, a bloke I know did some snagging for an investor friend

who bought into seaterra marina and this put me on to the firm,

they have only a few units still available at seaterra bay

but seaterra reserve up the mountain is coming on a treat

it's true they are somewhat pricier than many other quality firms

and you do pay that bit extra for service and 24-hour security

but-

at the end of the day, it is up to you what you want

personally it would drive me bananas to be anywhere near a main road

but that does not bother everybody, I gotta have mountain views tho'

the wife likes to be by the sea for bathing and that attracts a premium

and a comment on the undoubted value of "personal views":

your own impressions and priorities are equally important

what did you do in the end?

andre

mint1955

Message Posted:
27/04/2008 22:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 21 in Discussion

Hi Andre,

We finally bought at Sweetwater bay this year. It took a lot of researching but we finally took the plunge.

Sheila& Phil

Pipie

Message Posted:
27/04/2008 23:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 21 in Discussion

Could i just ask At Sweetwater bay do you run you're own maintainance company ?

andysue

Message Posted:
28/04/2008 00:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 21 in Discussion

pipie sweetwaterbay have in the last week e-mailed all buyers there to inform them that a managment company called rainbow management solutions has been apointed. i think this is for six months then the residents can if not happy get rid and form there own . regards andrew

andre 514

Message Posted:
28/04/2008 00:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 21 in Discussion

hi mint.

thanks for the reply mint 1955

sweetwater bay looks great, very good build

there are pluses and minuses for both of course

naturally I wonder if we would not have done better getting a small

villa for the money, we are halfway back from the beach but still only 75 meters view is untouched mountains and sea

my wife would not have agreed to a villa away from the sea and behind the main road which is all you could buy for this money in the area

but in a year or two am thinking about whether we could go to small villa

and spend half our time in cyprus

even more important is that you dont get p****d on by the builder or developer and we were treated well, project finished on time amazing!

tatlisu is a promising area very unspoilt lets enjoy the lull in the market while we can!

andre

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.