North Cyprus Tourist Board - Thalassa Contractors Delay
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Thalassa Contractors Delay

Thalassa Contractors Delay

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read Thalassa Beach Resort in Bafra, North Cyprus property review

» Read Bafra Beach Resort in Bafra, North Cyprus property review

» Read about Beach Beach North Cyprus

blacksnake

Message Posted:
21/05/2010 17:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 40 in Discussion

A friend of mine has bought at Thalassa beach resort and she is going out of her mind with worry. She is not being given any straight answers from the developer but has since found out that the developer does not have enough money to complete the project and it will remain as a building site for many years to come.

Can anybody help us with any information because as i said she is very worried?

blacksnake

Message Posted:
21/05/2010 17:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 40 in Discussion

P.S the developer should put our minds at ease and somehow prove to us he can continue with this development, as i also know that there is a court order disallowing them to continue sales for Thalassa beach resort.

stusimpson

Message Posted:
23/05/2010 23:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 40 in Discussion

The developer should put "our" minds at ease?

With respect if your friend had bought at Thalassa and was very worried, she would have posted on the Thalassaowners forum, where she would have received plenty of answers to her questions.

As I run the forum and watch it daily, she hasn't done that, so she's not that worried in my opinion.

Also your "friend" seems to have obtained information which even I'm not privvy to with numerous sources feeding stuff to me all the time.This would suggest that she is either extremely well connected with KDG , in which case she wouldn't need to ask you, her friend for assistance, or that she has heard wrong.

As sad as it is, I have been given straight answers so far to every question I have asked the developer, I cannot understand why she hasn't been given the same courtesy.

So it would help me and the other 200 owners who you've just upset, to state what information you have on this court order to back up your post.

Regards Stu

andy-f

Message Posted:
24/05/2010 00:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 40 in Discussion

KDG sent me a e-mail about buying a villa at savyon vilage , also in the e-mail was a report on thallasa beach and it reported that building work at stopped for the moment as the contractor had run into financial problems and had withdrawn from the contract.

KDG was to appiont a new contractor very shortly it said .

i wouldnt have thought KDG where lying just telling the truth, i wouldnt worry to much if i were you .

andy

stusimpson

Message Posted:
24/05/2010 14:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 40 in Discussion

Have you crawled under a rock Blacksnake?

Stu

DONTY

Message Posted:
24/05/2010 15:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 40 in Discussion

Interesting thread, have learned lots about the goings on at Thalassa via your forum.

Imo, blacksnake seems genuinely worried and is looking for advice and clarity not to do a hatchet job, though perhaps they could of delayed posting msg 2!

As you seem to have the 'inside edge' why dont you be helpful and put their minds at ease rather than snipe stusimpson? It will endear you to people.

Cyprusgirl

Message Posted:
24/05/2010 19:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 40 in Discussion

I have just joined Cyprus44 after seeing the post regarding the Thalassa Beach site. I have been thinking of purchasing on this site for some time but am now worried in case I would be doing the wrong thing. There seems to be so many rumours going around and I am worried about the old saying "no smoke without fire" Can anybody give me some advice as to whether this site is ok or not as I do not want and cant afford to throw money away. Thanks for any help

Cyprusgirl

Message Posted:
26/05/2010 09:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 40 in Discussion

Regarding my above post I went to the Thalassa site and I am now more concerned, there appeared to be absolutely no work going on, I spoke to a couple when I was there who said they were purchasers and asked them about Thalassa they told me that there was concern about financial diffiiculties wth Kensington Development and they did not know when work would start again, they suggested I take a look at Turtle Bay in Esentepe, I went to Turtle Bay in the afternoon and spoke to some owners who said they have problems with damp which they were told was due to the bad winter, many appartments were still uninhabitable and when they asked about their snaggng issues were told their guarantee was up and they had to do the work themselves, they were also concerned about their deeds. I would be very grateful if any Thalassa or Turtle Bay owners would let me know whether they think Kensngton are a sound company or whether I should purchase on another site. Thanks for any help.

DONTY

Message Posted:
26/05/2010 09:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 40 in Discussion

Cyprusgirl

Fundamental issues.

Have you looked at any other companies developments?

stusimpson

Message Posted:
26/05/2010 15:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 40 in Discussion

DONTY,

For the simple reason I don't believe Blacksnake, in 2 years of having an owners forum you would not believe the amount of people who try and stir up trouble , most seem to disappear very quickly. I could be wrong about blacksnake which is why I await a reply.

Blacksnake hasn't answered my questions.Blacksnake hasn't advised his "friend" to visit the owners forum.Blacksnake hasn't provided evidence to suggest any court orders exist, no solicitor in N.Cyprus is aware of any.

So I'm not sniping but I've seen it before many times. I think you'll also find I've endeared myself to a lot of people on the owners forum, and put in a lot of effort. I don't need to endear myself to someone I am suspicious of, an apology will be forthcoming if however I am wrong.

Cyprusgirl, as far as we are aware Thalassa is fine, the old contractor is being replaced hence the delays.

Next month we'll know more. Don't believe idle gossip from others.

Cheers Stu

Cyprusgirl

Message Posted:
26/05/2010 15:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 40 in Discussion

Donty I have looked at several other sites but liked the look of Thalassa and was going to go ahead but now feel a bit nervous about it therefore I thought it prudent to ask owners at Turtle Bay what they thought of Kensington as they have already had some experience with them

DONTY

Message Posted:
26/05/2010 18:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 40 in Discussion

Cyprusgirl

I thought Kensington were a decent developer with lots of completed units. The damp is a bit worrying if it has affected more than the odd unit. We did have a 'bad' (wet) winter but that doesnt mean that you should expect serious damp problems.

the butler

Message Posted:
26/05/2010 19:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 40 in Discussion

Cyprusgirl,

Lots and lots of properties in Cyprus suffered from damp this winter as it was the wettest in living memory. Many properties are just holiday homes and are shut up for months at a time without any form of heating. Our builder is supposed to be one of the best on the island but we still experienced some slight problems. I hope this allays your concerns about this.

The butlers wife

DONTY

Message Posted:
26/05/2010 20:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 40 in Discussion

We have had a little problem where exterior paint was flaking/missing and nothing more and our builder is/was average.

A little ingress could possibly be overlooked, a lot should be something to consider.

blacksnake

Message Posted:
27/05/2010 17:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 40 in Discussion

As i haven't had much help from this forum, if anything some snide comments from some of you. I haven't crawled under a rock I am researching into everything as i am fortunate to have to contacts in North Cyprus who i am hoping can be of help.

I will when i know let you all know of the situation.

stusimpson

Message Posted:
27/05/2010 21:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 40 in Discussion

Blacksnake,

With respect you came on here and posted worrying information that over 100 owners and 5 solicitors firms did not know.

You were unable to substantiate the worrying information when asked, and if incorrect have probably started a chain of events which has led to the developer receiving an awful lot of angry phone calls.

Even more so I asked you to look at the owners forum , believe it or not there are many many knowledgable people on it who do much more digging than I do. Not one has posted what you chose to post. But you asked for help for your "friend" and I provided a website that he/she could take a look at.

Forgive me for being so sceptical but as once again you have failed to give me some hard evidence , which could impinge on the future of mine and my friends properties, then how exactly do you want me to react to you.

You say you "Know" of a court order, can I put you in touch with Naomi Mehmet so you can inform her, it would help us immensely?

Re

DONTY

Message Posted:
27/05/2010 22:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 40 in Discussion

Give the bloke the link to your forum Stu. He may not be able to find it and you havent provided it. Tell him what you know, to allay his fears as well, rather than telling him to 'substantiate his claim'.

stusimpson

Message Posted:
27/05/2010 23:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 40 in Discussion

Donty,

I think you are assuming I don't understand his post, just about every post to do with Thalassa on Cyprus44 has the website name on it, anyone could find it. http://www.thalassowners.com.

If someone is serious about finding info they would have already gone over there and read the posts.

I have asked Blacksnake to justify his/her comments , do you think posting stuff like that without substantiating it is a good thing?

As i've said to you before as you obviously think I'm being a bit harsh on Blacksnake, I have (and its been proven) batted off numerous troublemakers from the site, some with a very big axe to grind, so I am, right or wrong ,sceptical with information that I haven't heard. I've even offered an apology if Blacksnake proves he's correct.

Who is his friend, all i need is the surname, I can check if its legit, but the forum is better than cyprus44 with queries.

I'm not sure what extra I can do on here?

Stu

DONTY

Message Posted:
28/05/2010 00:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 40 in Discussion

The link, at last!

'posting stuff like that without substantiating' Thats standard for this site! (and no, its not good for the developer and investors but thats the nature of the beast!)

Dude, you just attacked the guy from the outset. Try being helpful first and only get narky if you KNOW you are dealing with an agitator. The sentence 'batted off numerous troublemakers' makes you sound aggressive! Why would you have so many troublemakers on your own forum?

Build delays, damp and builders quitting the site are things to be worried about so it is reasonable for people to get frightened.

If the developer deals with the issues then its lessens the problem but you must be able to see that people with less info than you, can and will 'rare up' (unfortunate as it is).

BTW. Heard that Eurocoast 'might' be your new builder. They generally have a good reputation but it all hinges on the price per M2 they agree as to the quality you receive.

stusimpson

Message Posted:
28/05/2010 01:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 40 in Discussion

Donty,

I'm not going to defend myself with you mate, I'm not aggressive and I've told Blacksnake to give me some more info, if he gives me his friend(purchasers) surname, all will be cleared up in a few mins, I've even offered an apology if i'm wrong twice now.

If he doesn't give me any more info on a court order or provide a name so I know he's legit, then do you think I might have a point, do you think I might have suspected something you didnt?

Of course his friend, for some reason might not want to provide her name(why I don't know), but that way he'll get an apology from me asap, no questions asked. Failing that I would still like to hear his info on a court order.

I think KDG would be quite happy to say I don't defend them all the time, but I know 100 owners are now concerned so with respect I'll let Blacksnake give us the info we lack, and give him my sincere apologies in the process.

Cheers for the Eurocoast tip.

Stu

DONTY

Message Posted:
28/05/2010 01:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 40 in Discussion

You have been aggressive, he doesnt need to give a name, I dont care if you give him an apology and probably/possibly nor does he.

He obviously doesnt have full info but has heard rumour/gossip, correct or not.

As you have a vested interest (as a buyer) for the site to complete, and as you have taken on the mantle as forum chief, its in your interest to allay his fears. You havent done this yet! All you have done is issued a challenge!!!

This leaves blacksnake and the rest of us none the wiser and doubts will remain.

P.s. Remember that not everyone will want to visit your forum.

If I were in your shoes I would provide the positive info but it's your choice Stu!

stusimpson

Message Posted:
28/05/2010 10:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 22 of 40 in Discussion

Positive info?

Ok i'm getting fed up of your digs at me now so it'll be my last post to you.

I have provided a robust informative forum for people like Blacksnake to look at. It contains lots of good information. It is listed on every single thread about Thalassa on Cyprus44.

It is a friendly site, but quite what you expect me to do other than point someone towards that site is beyond me.

I don't believe everyone in N.Cyprus particularly on a large forum like this has the best interests of developments like Thalassa in mind so forgive me for being dubious about the odd posting. Rather than constantly bang on and on, go and read all my replies on every other Thalassa thread, I think you'll find they meet your requirement.

And no its not up to me to allay his fears, I have provided a means for him to research, I'm not a spokesman , he has provided a very new fear, not me , all based on hearsay.

Theres no pleasing you at all, so I'll let this thread go now.

DONTY

Message Posted:
28/05/2010 11:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 23 of 40 in Discussion

Glad I bought elsewhere, wouldnt want you as a neighbour. FIN.

RedSnapper

Message Posted:
28/05/2010 20:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 24 of 40 in Discussion

I agree with Donty. Whilst stusimpson does seem very committed and thorough he does also come across as quite arrogant and bombastic, almost as though he is shielding his insecurities.

People are bound to be concerned and rightly so but things will be sorted i feel but i do not think the development will be finished to your exacting expectations and standards, especially judging by what has been posted on the forums about the other sub-standard projects....

Cyprusgirl

Message Posted:
28/05/2010 20:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 25 of 40 in Discussion

Thanks for all your your comments but what with court cases/injunctions (fictitious or not) and work having stopped on the Thalassa site, together with comments from owners of Turtle Bay which I received I think I will hold of buying for now and wait to see what happens with Kensington Development.

stusimpson

Message Posted:
28/05/2010 21:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 26 of 40 in Discussion

Red snapper?

I've explained why I was suspicious and offered an olive branch to Blacksnake if he lets me know about the court order.

Maybe with hindsight my initial post was harsh, in which case I sincerely apologise.(I've explained my reasoning)

But I think your description of me is beyond belief, shielding insecurities? Defensive of something myself and 100 forum friends have put our savings into maybe, but insecure?, thats a bit impersonal , anyone including the 100 forum owners know I'm nothing like you describe, but please don't insult me mate, I wouldn't insult you.

I've called it a day with Donty, i'll let Blacksnake and others debate from now on this topic, they can if they so wish read the thalassaownersforum .

But to get personal, thats up to you. I find it as rude as what you've accused me of, so can we leave the insults alone from now on.

Cheers Stu

Stevejorg

Message Posted:
28/05/2010 23:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 27 of 40 in Discussion

Hi Redsnapper, Cyprus Girl Snake etc ( good names)

I am with simpson here. He has been totally dignified in his responses and very honest in his approach. I am interested in thalassa and I find his attitude encouraging. I think folks are far better off visiting the thalsassa owners site because you do not get people with political machinations there. ie names like slackblake and sed rnapper! and cyprus girl(come on!)

Tends to be real people - who want a really good holiday home.

Hey - thats my opinion - but I think there are very few better investments around. I have checked on the finances behind the develeopment as a whole and they seem sound.

Steve

DONTY

Message Posted:
29/05/2010 00:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 28 of 40 in Discussion

Good value??? Prices start at £40k for a 40m2 studio!! £1000 per m2 and thats probably at the back of the site!!!

Dignified??

Taking the p out of peoples nicknames! Classy!

Nice first post

stusimpson

Message Posted:
29/05/2010 00:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 29 of 40 in Discussion

Donty,

I think Steve has hit the nail on the head with political machinations, certainly on my site I've had a few people causing trouble for this reason, or people out to get Thalassa for their own reasons, maybe this is why I appeared harsh. Hopefully my last post apologised if I had come across that way.

However there isn't any excuse for redsnapper's personal dig at me, I'm quite happy to debate points or try and justify my reasonings but I'm not putting up with nasty stuff like that.

So how about we all leave the attacks out of it and return to Blacksnakes original question and see if any more info appears on the subjects he has highlighted?

I'll await blacksnakes findings, because i've not been able to dig up anything new, and i truly am open to any query , I've spoken to a few people in N.Cyprus and without doubt Thalassa will be built , I'm sure of that.

Cheers Stu

DONTY

Message Posted:
29/05/2010 01:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 30 of 40 in Discussion

I dont think blacksnake was up to no good. He was looking for reasurance and got called out! He asked for information and got none.

As for redsnappers 'dig', I think it was how he read your confrontational reaction to a request for info but hey! i'm no psychoanalyst.

Dont await blacksnakes findings cos he has come on here looking for 'findings' and found none.

What are these 'political machinations' your refer to? He isnt pushing a competitor so what is his return?

Posts like blacksnakes are bog-standard for open forums and the best of developers have to deal with them. Its all down to how they are dealt with as to whether they are resolved amicably or fester.

I also think Thalassa will complete.... eventually (subject to global crises/disasters of course)!

I also hope you enjoy your investment and profit from it. (Its good for all of us if you do as failed sites are bad news for the market in general).

stusimpson

Message Posted:
29/05/2010 02:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 31 of 40 in Discussion

Ok well we'll disagree then I can't win.-

-I provided Blacksnake information i.e the ownersforum , so he got more than none , there is tonnes of info on there.

-Redsnapper's response was a personal affront to me, he knows nothing about me, fair enough call me harsh, disagree with me,I admitted why I might have seemed harsh, thats honest, but the rest was unnecessary in my opinion.

-Blacksnake said he'd post when he finds out about the situation, so I was merely agreeing with him and waiting to see what he finds out.

-Political machinations- I think thats obvious, also any disagreement with builders/developers has in the past(with lots of N.Cypriot developments led to competitors posting stuff on 44). Just my opinion of course.

Anyway as i've tried to get the thread back to the initial post a few times, I'll try again.

Stu

RedSnapper

Message Posted:
29/05/2010 09:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 32 of 40 in Discussion

Message 24 is no personal attack but a personal opinion.

I have followed postings on Thalassa on here and on the owners forum since it's inception.

Peoples initial excitement is turning to concern same as(without digging the past up and going off topic)purchasers on other sites who feel let down by the same developer. TBV, Savyon and Karpasia all lack finesse and i feel Thalassa owners may suffer the same and are naive to think otherwise.

Myself family and friends have "invested" a lot more than i guess the average purchaser and are still faced with large repair costs. As another post says a snagging issue arises that has previously been "repaired" after a many month wait and it goes wrong again only to be told the honeymoon period is over.

Enough of that and i try to understand how the contractor has run out of money to pay the workers when the developer pays them in stages, there seems to be a missing link in the story that casts doubt over the authenticity of the claim.

RedSnapper

Message Posted:
29/05/2010 10:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 33 of 40 in Discussion

Your owners forum is a good tool for all and will undoubtedly lead to a commitee being formed for the development which is an absolute must for consolidating your side.

Hopefully you can learn and prosper from others but dont believe all the developer tells you, look at the other sites.

Hopefully blacksnake's original questions and concerns wiil be addressed and settled in the near future to put an end to this current round.

albie

Message Posted:
29/05/2010 13:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 34 of 40 in Discussion

I am a purchaser at Thalassa and like everyone else who has purchased there this period of uncertainty is unsettling. However I remain confident that things will work out although later than we thought. The speculation on this forum is not helpful in terms of prospective purchasers and KDG could probably do better at keeping people up to date with progress and a predicted time for work to recommence. However it is not my intention to get involved in speculation as none of us know exactly what is happening and at the moment I would rather believe KDG.I am a member of the thalassa purchasers blog and I would like to express my thanks to Stu for the great job he has done in terms of http://www.thalassaowners.com completely at his own expense. Stu is passionate about Thalassa and we will all benefit from having him in our corner. This forum can be really helpful but can also start unhelpful speculation as now - lets keep it real.

well done Stu

albi

albie

Message Posted:
29/05/2010 13:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 35 of 40 in Discussion

I am a purchaser at Thalassa and like everyone else who has purchased there this period of uncertainty is unsettling. However I remain confident that things will work out although later than we thought. The speculation on this forum is not helpful in terms of prospective purchasers and KDG could probably do better at keeping people up to date with progress and a predicted time for work to recommence. However it is not my intention to get involved in speculation as none of us know exactly what is happening and at the moment I would rather believe KDG.I am a member of the thalassa purchasers blog and I would like to express my thanks to Stu for the great job he has done in terms of http://www.thalassaowners.com completely at his own expense. Stu is passionate about Thalassa and we will all benefit from having him in our corner. This forum can be really helpful but can also start unhelpful speculation as now - lets keep it real.

well done Stu

albi

Cyprusgirl

Message Posted:
29/05/2010 13:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 36 of 40 in Discussion

Stevejorge I have looked on the Thalassa website and because of the comments on this site decided to ask if anyone dealing with Kensington could give their opinion on Cyprus44. I am sorry if you think there is something strange about a name such a Cyprus Girl, it seemed a good name to me at the time and I feel very upset that I am now being accussed of having some sort of agenda regarding Thalassa. As in my first post I pointed out I had just joined Cyprus44 as I thought it might be a good place to gain some information but maybe I was wrong and am now wondering why there seems to be so much aggression to people regarding Thalassa after all this is an open forum and I thought it would be a good place to ask for some help.

stusimpson

Message Posted:
29/05/2010 15:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 37 of 40 in Discussion

Cyprusgirl,

I don't think Steve was directing it at you,I think he was trying to give me support which I thank him for, I think through no fault of your own, you stumbled into me trying to justify myself to people I don't know.

As for your postings, despite the to and fro between myself and others you remained courteous and pleasant, so thankyou very much.

As for this forum its good for some things but you will find loads of criticism on it from people that just turn it into a personal slanging match, I very rarely post on Cyprus44 unless its to direct people to the Thalassa forum for that very reason. Just about every thread descends like this one into people defending themselves.

I have no time for scaremongers who give their tuppeny's worth without any evidence, seems to happen alot on this forum.

Either way I think we are all agreed the thread should discuss Thalassa(which I am still positive about).

Feel free to join/watch our forum anytime you like.

Cheers St

andy-f

Message Posted:
27/07/2010 21:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 38 of 40 in Discussion

i was told to go and have a look at the investment in the area of bafra and see the huge hotels being built like the one thats the shape of the arc , whilst there i saw what i think was the KGD site thalassa beach, i could not see a soul or any work being done here . we were interested in this site but chose sweetwaterbay in nov 07 , a good decision it appears.

phylray

Message Posted:
28/07/2010 01:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 39 of 40 in Discussion

Just returned from Turtle Bay Village and contrary to what was said earlier on this thread, mine and

others' storm damage have been done, and it is now past the guarantee dates. KD have accepted that

there was a drainage problem and are putting it right. We did hear the stories about Thalassa, and as

for title deeds, no more progress there.

RedSnapper

Message Posted:
28/07/2010 10:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 40 of 40 in Discussion

It's been officially confirmed that the same builder from TBV is to complete Thalassa asap, and i've heard that Kensington are being quite fair about doing repairs out of warranty but have been long standing or not rectified satisfactorily in the first place. To me this is good news and can only be reassuring to all those involved who have either been fed up of recurring faults or have seen their off plan slow and stop.

They have not been my favourite people for a while now but seem to be relenting a tad. It can only be good press for them and good PR in the long run. When all the units are sold or occupied by some other deal i reckon the developements will be great places.

Of course the recession must have been very worrying to them also but they are pushing through it where a lot have given up or failed.

New horizons i feel?? There is no way they have set out to "do people" as some have but i think they may have at times viewed complainants as "Whinging Brits" un-neccesarily...

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.