North Cyprus Tourist Board - Flights Does Anyone know
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Flights Does Anyone know

Flights Does Anyone know

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about Flights to North Cyprus

» Book North Cyprus Flights Online

» Driving Directions from Ercan Airport to Kyrenia

» Read about Ercan Airport North Cyprus

the butler

Message Posted:
22/05/2010 17:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 38 in Discussion

Hi all,

In October my husband and myself are going to spend 5 nights in Istanbul before travelling on to the TRNC.

I have booked Easyjet to Istanbul and was going to book single on to Ercan and then Ercan- Stanstead Return.

I thought I would check the prices of Istanbul-Ercan return and then single Istanbul-Stanstead and hey ho! there is over 220ytl difference in the price. Does anyone know if we book return Istanbul-Ercan, would we be allowed to stay on the plane in Istanbul, or would we have to get off collect our luggage and then get back on?

An hour doesn't seem long enough to do this, but a saving of 220ytl is making it very tempting.

The butlers wife

Dusterbruce

Message Posted:
22/05/2010 19:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 38 in Discussion

If you have to check in your bags again at Istanbul isn't it a 2 hour check-in?

spider

Message Posted:
22/05/2010 19:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 38 in Discussion

my guess is you would have to get off and rebook in once at Istanbul...Please let us Know the outcome,as you would not have time to get off,and get to check-in before the flight leaves.!!

Spider,X

Pippie

Message Posted:
22/05/2010 20:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 38 in Discussion

Last time we flew in we had to get off at Istanbul, because we were using different operators for the two 'legs', although we were told that they were sister companies and we would be flying on the same plane! We had to go through the palava of paying for a visa in Istanbul (even though you're not staying in Turkey!!), go through and collect your luggage and then go and check in again with the different operator. We had 2 hours between and were told that that would be more than enough, it was. Don't know about 1hr though. I was told that we would have had to do that whatever operator we used unless we were using Turkish Airlines for the whole journey.

I think the only one where you can just go through on a transit and they look after transfer of your luggage is Turkish Airlines. But I would check with your operator if you are using someone else.

the butler

Message Posted:
22/05/2010 22:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 38 in Discussion

Hi all,

Thanks for the replies so far. It looks like we will have to book right through and pay the extra 220ytl but it does make you think why there should be the difference in price when you are doing the same journey in miles

and on the same plane. Maybe Tom from Flightholidays could explain.

The butlers wife

Cyprusquest

Message Posted:
24/05/2010 23:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 38 in Discussion

Tom - why no answer for message 5 ?

Lilli

Message Posted:
24/05/2010 23:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 38 in Discussion

im sure if they booked with Tom he would be on the case, i know he is busy right now. He will respond i feel sure or maybe kelly can explain xxx

dublinderm

Message Posted:
24/05/2010 23:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 38 in Discussion

Hi all,

The key question is if you are travelling with the same carrier ECN-IST and then IST-STN. If so they will treat you as 'TRANSFER' passengers and they should through check your bags and give you onward boarding cards as well. The other alternative is that you will be 'TRANSIT' passengers and will be using the same aircraft as well as same carrier. In these cases it is not unusual to be asked to leave the aircraft during fuelling, cleaning, and restocking for the onward journey.

Transit passage is not so uncommon and I would suggest it happens frequently at such a large airport as IST and country as Turkey.

If you are changing carrier, then you are neither a transit nor transfer passenger and you have no exceptional rights for connecting. So you will most likely have to go through the check in procedure all over again.

Point to point airlines such as EASYJET and RYANAIR do not have any transfer facilities at all.

DD

Nglbarnes

Message Posted:
25/05/2010 01:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 38 in Discussion

what airline are you planning to fly with?

answers will vary depending on what airline you fly with.

eg Pegasus you stay on the same plane at istanbul whilst it refuels and loads passengers then its off to stansted, turkish airlines you get off the plane and go through transit but your luggage is automatically put on your new plane

Linnyloos

Message Posted:
25/05/2010 01:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 38 in Discussion

I have booked with Pegasus but i accidentally cancelled our return flight to Istanbul. I rebooked just that leg of the flight (the exact same as I had cancelled) and thought everything was Ok...........until now! Will we have to get off at Istanbul? Also, what will happen with our luggage? Will this be offloaded? I'm really worried now.

cooper

Message Posted:
25/05/2010 07:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 38 in Discussion

No need to worry Linnyloos just stay on the plane and your luggage will be there at your destination, if its not i'll eat me hat )

Linnyloos

Message Posted:
25/05/2010 09:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 38 in Discussion

Thanks Cooper. That's comforting

the butler

Message Posted:
25/05/2010 10:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 38 in Discussion

Hi all,

I have contacted Ankara Travel and they have confirmed, that they know Pegasus fares Ercan-Stansted are more expensive, than Ercan-Istanbul Istanbul-Stansted. If you book two seperate fares to save money, you will have to get off the plane in Istanbul, collect your luggage and then have to check in at Istanbul and board the plane again. You will probably not have enough time and if you do, you will not have the same seat. I find this absolutely ludicrous, how can the airline justify charging more for the same route and mileage? It just doesn't make sense, just another way of making more money. Linnyloos I'd start contacting Pegasus and Cooper I'd start eating your hat.

The butlers wife

millzer

Message Posted:
25/05/2010 10:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 38 in Discussion

how can it be cheaper when you can get flights for £80 return Stansted- Ercan Ercan-Stansted book early !!!!

mint1955

Message Posted:
25/05/2010 13:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 38 in Discussion

Wow Millzer I have never seent hem that cheap. Which airline are you looking at and when?

Sheila

wanderer

Message Posted:
25/05/2010 13:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 38 in Discussion

The butlers wife I'd guess its the UK air tax we had to cancel the return leg of a Turkish Air ticket back to the UK and go £60 each back thanks Gordon but Dave will charge more and no refund as its by the plane

millzer

Message Posted:
25/05/2010 13:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 38 in Discussion

Pegasus airlines over Easter and Summer June we booked as soon as they were released we had to lok at the price twice as coudl not believ it either ........... but its true - I doubt we will ver be as lucky again even so I think pick your time and they are cheaper

the butler

Message Posted:
25/05/2010 14:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 38 in Discussion

millzer,

My husbands job does not allow him to book his holidays that far in advance. These flights are for October which is 5 months away and he is lucky he has managed to book that far in advance, as he usually only gets to know 2 months in advance when he can take them. We are travelling to Istanbul for 6 days with an airline that goes from our local UK airport at a very good price but they do not go to Ercan. Hence the search for flights from Istanbul to Ercan and back to England. Pegasus are the cheapest but it is the fact that they are charging more to book you right through to Stansted, even though their plane stands in Istanbul for one hour that is rattling me.

The butlers wife

cooper

Message Posted:
25/05/2010 22:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 38 in Discussion

The butlers wife i'm sure linnyloos is flying Stansted - Ercan, Ercan - Stansted with instanbul touchdown in between

I do hope so )

Linnyloos

Message Posted:
25/05/2010 22:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 38 in Discussion

Hi Cooper. You're right. It's actually our friends (that I booked for!) that are flying. They are on Stansted/Ercan flight nos PC501 and PC 502.

At least I've learned my lesson. If people want to visit they will have to make their own bookings in future. I can see this costing me !!!!

Thanks Linda

cooper

Message Posted:
25/05/2010 22:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 38 in Discussion

If those are the flight numbers for the flights you have booked for your friends then there is no need to worry because they are the same as mine, recently changed from H9502 - H9501

wanderer

Message Posted:
26/05/2010 08:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 22 of 38 in Discussion

To the Butlers wife if you fly with KHTY TA or Pegasus you always have two tickets coming to TRNC and leaving

so you can stay on the plane except TA where you change

Your luggage stays on the plane because of the bar-code put on the by the airport check-in

So pre check-in on line and book your seats and print off documentation

check -in at Ercan will then put the luggage through to Stansted it may need a conversation but no need to disembark at SabGor as you will have a Stanstead onward ticket and luggage marked accordingly by check-in

Also you avoid the UK flight tax on the TRNC Turkey journey

Linnyloos

Message Posted:
26/05/2010 09:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 23 of 38 in Discussion

I'm still worried about this as the flights booked in the end were. Stansted/Ercan outward and Ercan/Istanbul then another flight (although the same aircraft) Istanbul/Stansted.

Who would be best to speak to about this? Pegasus? Airport? Checkin?

Linda

the butler

Message Posted:
26/05/2010 12:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 24 of 38 in Discussion

Hi Linda,

I would definitely speak to someone, as I have been told by Ankara Travel that I couldn't stay on the plane if you have booked seperately and that our luggage would be taken off at Istanbul. I have been trying to explain that if you book two seperate tickets like you have done, it works out cheaper than booking it straight through and this is why I was going to do it. I just thought I would check first before I went ahead and have been told I can't.

The butlers wife

Linnyloos

Message Posted:
26/05/2010 13:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 25 of 38 in Discussion

Thanks Butlers wife.

I think I will just tell them that I have had to change their flights to the earlier time and that will give them just over 2 hours to collect their luggage and book in again.

Should this be enough time as I have never got off the plane before, let alone book in again?

Linda

the butler

Message Posted:
26/05/2010 14:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 26 of 38 in Discussion

Linnyloos,

Before you do this, can I ask how did you book these flights? Did you book them as seperate flights i.e. Did you book on line, did you book Ercan-Istanbul and paid for this and then booked Istanbul-Stansted and paid for this? Or did you book Ercan-Stansted and pay for it altogether? I am asking this as I think some of the people who have replied to this thread are misunderstanding what I am trying to say. If you book Ercan-Stansted you still get 2 tickets showing that the flight stops in Istanbul but you can stay on the plane. We were going to book Istanbul-Ercan return and then Istanbul-Stansted because it works out cheaper but we were told we can't do this without getting off the plane at Istanbul. Hope this makes things clearer.

The butlers wife

Linnyloos

Message Posted:
26/05/2010 15:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 27 of 38 in Discussion

Right - long story

I booked Stansted - Ercan return and held them until I confirmed it with our friends. They then wanted to book seats so when I went to book them I thought I had clicked on 'book additional services' but I didn't, I clicked on cancel flight for the Ercan - Istanbul leg of the return. I then realised what I had done and rebooked the Ercan - Istanbul leg again (same flight as originally booked). Then I paid for the tickets. When I went back in to buy their seats for them it is showing that I will have to book 3 lots of seats because it seems there are 3 different flights.

They are listed as

PC502 Stansted - Lefkosa

PC501 Lefkosa - Istanbul

PC501 Istanbul - Stansted

So it does look like they ARE 3 flights, or does it?????

Hope I have explained it correctly

Thanks for everyones help anyway

Linda

cooper

Message Posted:
26/05/2010 20:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 28 of 38 in Discussion

Hi Linda i should contact Pegasus to clarify for you.

Call centre number - 0 845 0848 980

Headquarters - +90 (212) 692 77 77

Jeannie

Message Posted:
26/05/2010 20:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 29 of 38 in Discussion

Cooper - as you may remember, we booked at about the same time as you and Milzer, on the 'bargain' Pegasus flights. We have had no notification that our flight numbers have changed. Did they contact you via e-mail about this?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Jean

Jeannie

Message Posted:
26/05/2010 20:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 30 of 38 in Discussion

Millzer - re my message 29 to Cooper, You were very helpful when we booked and couldn't put our phone number on the on-line booking form - thanks again for that.

Do you mind telling me whether your flight numbers have been changed, too?

Thanks.

Jean

cooper

Message Posted:
26/05/2010 20:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 31 of 38 in Discussion

Hi Jean, please see msg 98 on this thread - http://www.cyprus44.com/forums/23308.asp i have booked flights for early next year too and the number has now changed on their website.

Cooper

Jeannie

Message Posted:
26/05/2010 21:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 32 of 38 in Discussion

Thanks very much Cooper. I am, of course, now panicking, as we are flying on Sunday week. Have e-mailed them to confirm whether our tickets are still OK or whether they will need to send us new paperwork.

Fingers crossed. If I hadn't read your post about this, I would have been none the wiser.

Warm regards.

Jean

Linnyloos

Message Posted:
26/05/2010 21:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 33 of 38 in Discussion

Hi Cooper. I am out in 4 weeks and I will call into the Pegasus shop in Girne to clarify. If I'm not certain about it I will rebook them on the earlier flight.

All I need to know now though is a 2 hour slot enough time to collect baggage and re-book in?

Jeannie, I also booked all our personal flights in September last year all at £80.98 and they didn't notify us about all our flight numbers changing. They will still accept the original tickets if you can't reprint them.

Linda

cooper

Message Posted:
26/05/2010 21:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 34 of 38 in Discussion

Hi Jean, you can if you wish reprint your tickets, go into Retrieve PNR on Pegasus website home page - http://www.pegasusairlines.com/en/ then enter your reservation number & surname. I have not bothered ive just changed the numbers on our cases.

Regards to you both.

Cooper

Jeannie

Message Posted:
26/05/2010 21:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 35 of 38 in Discussion

Hi Linnyloos and hello again Cooper.

Phew - what a relief. I am so pleased that there's a way around this, if needs me.

I'm already worried that our apartment has been damaged over the bad winter and so the flight number changes was just something else to worry about.

Cooper - we may try to reprint our tickets (when we get some ink for the printer ) but at least it's not a big deal if we can't.

Thanks again

Jean (and Paul, of course)

cooper

Message Posted:
26/05/2010 22:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 36 of 38 in Discussion

Hi Linda, reading through my tickets with Pegasus you have to check-in at least 40 minutes before departure. I don't know the layout of Istanbul airport so couldn't say how long it would take to get from arrivals to departure once you have collected your luggage.

Cooper

Linnyloos

Message Posted:
26/05/2010 22:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 37 of 38 in Discussion

Cooper - we think alike. I have just checked my tickets too. I would still like to hear from anyone who has changed flights to see if this is enough time though.

Thanks for you help and concern. Will buy you a drink one day.

Linda

flightholiday

Message Posted:
29/05/2010 01:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 38 of 38 in Discussion

This is simple. Next time book through us and you might avoid the error. Certainly we do take the strain as I think a few might attest to http://www.flightholiday.co.uk Tom IAH Ltd

The facts -

With Pegasus you can book the "straight through" route you do not need to get off the plane and if you did you would be in "onward transit" the bags would be moved on the same PNR You and your bags are checked in all the way through.

If you book "twice" you have to leave the aircraft collect your baggages get a Turkish Visa (unless you are a Turkish national) and you have to check in to your onward flight. This applies if you are staying for the day a week or are just taking an onward plane. If you leave your belongings in the plane you are breaking airline and security rules and you might get penalised.

In Istanbul Ataturk where there is a proper transit area you might be lucky as long as you can confirm your flights "all the way through" at your original check in - not at SAW though.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.