North Cyprus Tourist Board - Atlas Jet/ KTHY - Urgent for travellers
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Atlas Jet/ KTHY - Urgent for travellers

Atlas Jet/ KTHY - Urgent for travellers

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about Flights to North Cyprus

» Book North Cyprus Flights Online

» Driving Directions from Ercan Airport to Kyrenia

» Read about Ercan Airport North Cyprus

cyprusishome

Message Posted:
03/07/2010 11:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 23 in Discussion

It is me in England!!!!!

Just had a call from Ankara Travel to say do not turn up at Stansted on Tuesday - it would appear that the tour operators have blocked off most of the seats for their holiday makers. No objection in principal we are just two travelling home many more are going on holiday.

Was told I had to decide almost immediatley if we wanted to fly back NEXT FRIDAY. If we could not make a decision within hour we would probably not get a seat. As we must be back in TRNC plus have commitments with car hire etc here. Have told them no and will be seeking a refund for lack of service. Certainly will NEVER fly atlas/kthy again.

So if you have booked on internet and expecting to just turn up at Stansted on Tuesday double check now. Apparently there was a big problem this morning. But from today it sounds like booked seats only!!!

Good Luck and hope this is some help.

flightholiday

Message Posted:
03/07/2010 15:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 23 in Discussion

If the tour operators story is true it is more likely that Atlas are holding it for their obligations to the agents & operators who are honouring their ATOL bonds. Many of their clients might be amongst you being repositioned (some being the ones going for those cheap seats that you have seen sold off in the recent past).

hattikins

Message Posted:
03/07/2010 17:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 23 in Discussion

So much conflicting information, I don't have a clue what is happening so can anyone help

1. We booked online and have e tickets for CTA, are they of any use ?

2. If we have to change these for Atlas tickets where do we do this

3. Is it worth cancelling and re booking from Larnaca as we have a holiday cottage already booked in the UK

4. Would we be able to claim back from the credit crd company.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cazza

Message Posted:
03/07/2010 17:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 23 in Discussion

I have just about given up. Told by Barclaycard that we have to wait until the date has passed before they can do anything. I gave them all the info and told them to start their investigation and to be ready to refund me on 21 July when I don't get my flight. I won't hold my breath. We had just booked for Christmas before they went bust (just gone on credit card) told by barclaycard that I would still have to pay for the tickets. I have called so many numbers CTA always no reply. AtlasJet just say to look for flight at a similar time booked and turn up at the airport if there are free seats then we can go. We were going for 5 weeks. Just tried Pegasus over £1000 and can only book for 21 days maximum. I wonder how long it will take to walk :(

Smity

Message Posted:
03/07/2010 18:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 23 in Discussion

I was in your situation booked direct with cyprus premier but you have to ring them direct as yousayet you cant book more than 21 days on the net

My tickets cost me £850

Phone number for Cyprus Premier O8741266888

Good Luck

flightholiday

Message Posted:
03/07/2010 18:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 23 in Discussion

Carol Msg 5 - The 21 day limit means you are probably buying BT tickets from a tour operator. If you go to a proper travel agent you can book for up to 330 days (not quite but close enough) if the airline has the flights on their system and certainley at IAH we can sell you Pegausus well into 2011. Email us if you want with details and your phone number info@flightholiday.co.uk

Guven

Message Posted:
03/07/2010 18:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 23 in Discussion

Credit card companies policy on the advice of atol will not reimburse any money until you can prove that they could not send you, I spoke to atlas today in Turkey and they told be flights will be honoured and confirmation should be available next week, we have to sit tight and hope they can organise enough flights for everyone!!!! If you book alternative flights then you can forget getting any money back. :-(

good luck to everyone affected, I feel sorry for the kthy staff as they are jet as much in the dark as we are!!!!!!

Glostergirl

Message Posted:
03/07/2010 21:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 23 in Discussion

We were due to fly home to Heathrow on morning of June 28th - the statement from Atlas jet didnt come out on the afternoon of 28th. We bought new tickets thru ankara Travel and managed to get home.We are due out beginning of Sept with CTA from Heathrow and as far as we know Atlas will not be operating from Heathrow. I contacted my credit card company and explained the situation and they are sending me a claim form for all of the flights. I asked if I was taking a risk by re booking the Sept flights and they said that it was more positive than negative because the service that I booked for was not going to be met.

Trying to get information from AtlasJet is nearly impossible and because we have a friend coming out with us I went to the flight centre and rebooked flights for the 3 of us for 4th Sept from Heathrow to Larnaca with Cyprus Air which cost us £324 each return. This is £50 more than CTA charged us when I originally booked. We are taking a chance but at least got flights.

flightholiday

Message Posted:
05/07/2010 23:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 23 in Discussion

News on Cyprus Turkish Airlines - Go to look at the Flights 2010 and 2011 thread

http://www.cyprus44.com/forums/39106.asp Msg 9

billyboy1

Message Posted:
06/07/2010 09:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 23 in Discussion

Has any one in cyprus actually managed to exchange their KTHy ticket for an Atlasjet ticket, as per changes implmented on 5th july....

reason I ask.....my grandmother was due to fly to Uk yesterday 5th, but was previousely told to go to airport on saturday and see if she could get on , 80 years old, she went and was there at 8am for the 2pm flight, she diidnt manage to get on...

she was told to go to offices on monday (yesterday), which she did, the people there knew nothing, she was told that they would have to ring Istanbul to find out, they asked my grandmother to return 2 hours later, 2 hours later still no info. in actual fact she went to the offices in girne 3 times yesterday and still no joy....

Lets see what today brings

charlie15

Message Posted:
06/07/2010 09:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 23 in Discussion

Is there any information about the Manchester & Birmingham CTA flights to Ercan.

Atlas Jet (if you can get on) only seem to fly out of Stanstead.

I have friends due out this weekend from both airports.

They have not been contacted by anyone to say if the flights are operating . One booked with Cyprus Premier.

Both have emailed me saying "see you soon" but obviously are unaware that there is any problem.

I have told them to enquire where booked but I'm surprised that the UK operators are not contacting ticket holders.

Smity

Message Posted:
06/07/2010 10:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 23 in Discussion

Msg 6 Flight holidays

Thanks for the info will check you aot next time I did get on the Pegasus site and the flights came up at £1267. but as I said could book because of the 21 day rule Bit daft really.

advocate67

Message Posted:
06/07/2010 12:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 23 in Discussion

Just spoke to two of the recommended travel agents by Atlasjet - they inform me that they will only change CTA tickets if originally booked through them. They will not deal with CTA customers apparently but who knows, the next person may have more luck than I did

mint1955

Message Posted:
09/07/2010 18:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 23 in Discussion

Atlasjet site says to get in touch with one of 4 agents int he uk.

Just rang Direct Traveller and they just said go to their website http://www.directtraveller.com/north-cyprus/Cyprus-Turkish-Airlines.asp and fill in flight ticket details and they will then go to Atlasjet to confirm flights. When they have a flight to offer us then they will charge £15 per person to get our tickets transfered.

Watch this space

Also called Tesco credit card and their first line response was nothing they can do until the flight has not taken off unless you have had a direct contact letter or email from KTHY stating they are in receivership. Second response from a more senior member of call centre staff was as long as you have a website stating that KTHY have been suspended or possibly in the above case a flight change that is not acceptable then a dispute can be started. So I will see what Direct traveller can do first.

mint1955

Message Posted:
09/07/2010 18:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 23 in Discussion

Have also spoken to Cyprus Paradise http://www.cyprusparadise.com/cta-statementform.html and they want £25 per person to do the same as Direct traveller.

mint1955

Message Posted:
09/07/2010 18:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 23 in Discussion

Scheduled Atlasjet flights are limited and no Saturday flights from Stansted at all.

SCHEDULED FLIGHTS

Every Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Sunday:

KK 922 STANSTED – ANTALYA 13:00

KK1074 ANTALYA – ERCAN 20:00

KK1073 ERCAN- ANTALYA 07:30

KK921 ANTALYA – STANSTED 09:30

Every Monday, Wednesday and Friday:

KK912 STANSTED – ANKARA 13:00

KK1044 ANKARA – ERCAN 20:00

KK1043 ERCAN – ANKARA 07:30

KK911 ANKARA – STANSTED 09:30

Every Saturday:

KK956 MANCHESTER – ANTALYA 15:00

KK1062 ANTALYA – ERCAN 22:00

KK1061 ERCAN – ANTALYA 09:30

KK955 ANTALYA – MANCHESTER 11:00

malsancak

Message Posted:
09/07/2010 18:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 23 in Discussion

advocate67, that confirms what I've already been told. Atlasjet has misinformed people by stating that these 4 TAs would exchange tickets. Mint1955 the evidence you need is here http://www.northcyprusfreepress.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/fco%20cta%20advice.png

wanderer

Message Posted:
09/07/2010 18:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 23 in Discussion

http://www.northcyprusfreepress.com/2010/07/09/abta-concerned-about-atlasjets-support-for-cta-ticket-holders/

Also worth a read and use for credit card company

silcuty21

Message Posted:
09/07/2010 19:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 23 in Discussion

smithy

the same with my friends because its a BT Tickect you can by law get your money back from the Tour operator as the seats sold are charter seats which are full covered by ATOL

just straight back to the Tour Operator and say you sold me a BT tickect if they dont refund call ATOL

you will get your money within 24 hours my friend did the tour operators have been trying this on you dont even have to accept the alternative if its 12 hours diffrent to your original departure

tell us how you do you will have your money by monday tell others when you do as the board dont get it

sylv

flightholiday

Message Posted:
09/07/2010 21:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 23 in Discussion

syilvya Msg 19 - I am not sure I agree with your post it is a little too simplistic* assuming the tickets are BT.

Only certain tickets issued are BT or IT rate, some operators also have restrictive conditions which make the ATOL rules more complex (bending them as far as they think they can). As a simple rule of thumb most BT or IT tickets will be sold as part of an ATOL sale and you would probably be right. Operators could also provide normal scheduled service tickets which are not BT very often sold as a "ticket provider" the rules then are more complex than they would at first seem.

*Not saying you or your answer are simple.

silcuty21

Message Posted:
10/07/2010 01:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 23 in Discussion

flightholiday

my friends were told the same thing after some investigation we were advised if the tour operator said that the tickect was maximum 21 days in which she was advsied this as it was around £50 cheaper for two days more she also remembers the girl saying these were stock seats the likly hood was very high they were charter pre purchased seats and they had this on reliable source

the tour operator did say the same when she rand atol the guy askd three questions

1-did you pay in full and get a tickect in 48 hours with tickect numbers

2-did you pay a deposit first

3-is the tickect max 21 days duration

if you said yes to 1 yes a tickect provider if no then tour operatot liable

if you said yes to 2 or 3 chances are charter tickects ib bt as you call them you are by law entilited to your money back if you are not offered an alternative which you do not have to accept if more than 12 hours time changes

this is the atol law call them and ask

flightholiday

Message Posted:
10/07/2010 17:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 22 of 23 in Discussion

Hi Syilvya Msg 21 -

1] The exact rule “was the ticket issued within 48 hours by the airline” it does not mean it was sent to you within that time period.

2] Normally but not wholly correct. It does depend on if the ticket was issued by the airline on that deposit or not. We often take clients money for the seats but not take the other charges for hours or days later. None the less the ticket is issued so point 1 applies.

3] This is a red herring. If it is less than 21 days it may be a "scheduled" not "charter" ticket depending on how it was issued by the agent or tour operator etc.

Please note that the conditions pertaining to the sale can affect what the CAA would rule. It is not quite so cast iron as you are stating.

Small points. What you are mentioning are ATOL rules (not law). IAH are an ATOL holder and more than a little cognisant of their operations and rules - they can be very complex and subject to interpretation as I said in Msg 20

http://www.flightholiday.co.uk

flightholiday

Message Posted:
15/07/2010 22:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 23 of 23 in Discussion

For once we are blowing our own trumpet.

At IAH Ltd (www.flightholiday.co.uk ) we have tried to help quite a few people who are not our own customers during this CTA problem.

We have tried to help on Cyprus 44 (seemingly according to some we do not know our own business; so I am not so inclined to try to help others as hard as I usually do with the KTHY problem – sorry goodwill can wear out).

Many TO’s & CTA Agents will not finish sorting out this problem for weeks to come.

Of course we had our own clients both ATOL bonded and supplied as a ticket provider who had problems and who needed our help.

Tonight as well as our normal business we have finally got our last client positioned with ATLAS (with no charges to our clients!) and as happy as they can be!!! So just this once IAH will blow our own horn & now I can try to work normal hours & days rather than just about the lot.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.