North Cyprus Tourist Board - CTA / Atlas to manchester ???
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > CTA / Atlas to manchester ???

CTA / Atlas to manchester ???

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about Flights to North Cyprus

» Book North Cyprus Flights Online

» Driving Directions from Ercan Airport to Kyrenia

» Read about Ercan Airport North Cyprus

gemma

Message Posted:
03/07/2010 18:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 16 in Discussion

hi

we were due to fly back to manchester from ercan on wednesdays CTA flights and are having trouble getting advise from Atlas regarding the lack of flights they are covering to and from manchester.

does anyone have any information regarding these flights to manchester, or are we just left to find alternative means????

thanks

Dusterbruce

Message Posted:
03/07/2010 22:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 16 in Discussion

I think as far as they are concerned that UK doesn't exist outside London!

susie123

Message Posted:
03/07/2010 23:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 16 in Discussion

Hi Gemma, in the event that you do need to book with another airline go on skyscanner.net, I can only see Pegasus next flight ercan to manchester is next Sunday, but if you do ercan to antalya, there are a few flights in the week with Pegasus, and then antalya to Manchester you have a choice of Thomas Cook or Monarch. I have already rebooked my flights as no manchester flights with Atlasjet as of yet and people are saying that their seats are not guaranteed. Good luck and both have flights on Wednesday !!

andy-f

Message Posted:
04/07/2010 00:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 16 in Discussion

we are due to fly with CYPRUS TURKISH on wednesday 21st july and return wed 11 august from manchester . we have booked through anatolian sky, yesterday our e-ticket arrived and it was same as all the others from years gone by and thats what worries , not a mention anywhere of atlasjet on it anywhere or a helpline number .

when we went on atlasjets website it says they wont accept CTA tickets and that they have to be changed to atlasjet tickets ?

as anyone else booked their CTA flights through anatolian sky and got any comments please?

very worried and very confused !

mrsgee

Message Posted:
04/07/2010 11:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 16 in Discussion

Andy, please have a look at the comments I made a few days ago. Last Wednesday I was booked on a CTA return flight to TRNC scheduled at lunchtime on 30th. I was advised by my very helpful and excellent travel agents - Ankara Travel - to go to Manchester Aiport for 9.30 pm on Tuesday 29th for an Atlasjet flight due to leave at 00.15 midnight - so 12 ish hours early. Was told to get there early as seats were not guaranteed - as it happened the plane was more than half empty when it left, probably due to people not being as fortunate as me in being given the information.

I don't know if the same thing will continue, but all I can say is I looked on the Manchester Airport schedule on Tuesday afternoon, and sure enough the flight was showing, with a slightly different number to CTA, it was KK9664 instead of YK664. Used my CTA ticket - got home safe and sound thanks to Atlasjet and Ankara Travel. Good luck everyone.

gemma

Message Posted:
04/07/2010 11:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 16 in Discussion

we have heard that people are being flown from Mancester to Ercan but its a different tale from Ercan to manchester.

Thanks for info so far

Gemma

zcacmxi

Message Posted:
05/07/2010 11:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 16 in Discussion

andy-, msg 4.

You bought your ticket from Anatolian Sky, why don't you call them and ask?

Let us all know what they say. Others bought directly from CTA, so dont have the luxury of speaking to anybody.

hattikins

Message Posted:
05/07/2010 18:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 16 in Discussion

We were in the Atlas office today, there was a couple in there trying to sort out flights to Manchester, they were due to fly on Wednesday but were told there were no seats on flights to Manchester until 17th July, they were offered Stansted but had their car parked at Manchester !!

silcuty21

Message Posted:
05/07/2010 18:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 16 in Discussion

my freinds rebooked their flights as there is no clear dates for Manchester Flights

Casll green island holidays they have seats every sunday pegasus flights she booked this sunday

£259 return manchester to ercan ask for matthew

High Priest

Message Posted:
05/07/2010 19:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 16 in Discussion

HI G,M,D,J + J.

As you know we had to pay for new flights with Turkish Airlines 5 am to Istanbul, then 8 am to Manchester.Just been told we can claim from credit card company consequential loss costs which is the value of these flights plus the value of the CTA failed flight. I won't believe it until its in the bank but heres hoping.

D.

malsancak

Message Posted:
05/07/2010 19:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 16 in Discussion

Can I just claim back the purchase price?

No. You can claim for more than that! Section 75 allows you to claim for the credit card transaction and any associated losses associated with the breach of contract. You can also still claim if you've part-paid for something with a credit card. So you can claim for other costs associated with the loss. So if you've had to pay for something as a consequence of not getting your original purchase, you should be able to claim for the consequential purchase too. So if you've bought flight tickets and are abroad when the airline suddenly goes bust, and you have to pay for a ticket home, you should be able to claim for this extra purchase.

http://www.choose.net/money/guide/articles/credit-cards/section-75-of-the-consumer-credit-act-guide.html

andy-f

Message Posted:
05/07/2010 21:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 16 in Discussion

today i had a call from anatolian sky to explain what will happen. first of all they have assured us that we are covered 100% because we booked thro an abta and what ever else bonnded agent. they are working on all flights a week in advance that have been purchased thro them so they wont comment yet on ours as we dont fly for over two weeks. it appears that they have been sending some passengers to cyprus into the south via monarch and the others with atlas. bottom line is we booked thro an agency which is resposible to get you there and back and i feel a lot better than i did saturday.

they dis say all the people who booked on line at CTA wont get any help like we are getting , seems that little extra money an agency like anatolian sky charge is worth the peace of mind, We will see !

andy

Smity

Message Posted:
05/07/2010 21:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 16 in Discussion

FRom e3xperiance reading the threads Regarding CTA

Its a complete and utter cock up with no one reallly knowing what tha heck is going on

You can do this you can do that next day its all differant

So frustrating son damn annoying

Hundreds of people have paid good money upfront for tickets and are getting Jack s--t help back

Sometimes it makes you wonder who the idiots really are

I think it might be tatooed on my head

Glostergirl

Message Posted:
05/07/2010 22:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 16 in Discussion

The trouble with booking through an agency is that you could only have 3 weeks maximum (something to do with CTA) so when you want go for 5 weeks you had no choice but to use CTA direct.As I said on earlier thread we have rebooked and are hoping for credit card to come up trumps but have relations coming out to stay end of sept and they are due to fly out from Manchester so they are just waiting and hoping at the moment. I assume they wont be able to claim because Atlas are offering a service from Manchester. Just to get some information would be good !

flightholiday

Message Posted:
05/07/2010 23:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 16 in Discussion

Andrew Msg 12 - What else would you expect from one of the strongest members of ASTTO We at IAH are also looking after our clients in a similar way (again founder members of ASTTO). I must admit that all of our members are also in the dark trying to get what we can resolved for our clients day by day.

Sandra Msg 14 - " could only have 3 weeks maximum " sorry that is not true. The difference is a BT/IT ticket that should only be sold with hotels and is probably ATOL bonded and a scheduled seat (which is all we sold) Scheduled seats tend to be more expensive as they are being sold correctly according to the airlines contract with the seller.

"Just to get some information would be good" I can tell you all the opeartors would agree with you; hopefully it will be coming soon.

flightholiday

Message Posted:
05/07/2010 23:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 16 in Discussion

News on Cyprus Turkish Airlines - Go to look at the Flights 2010 and 2011 thread

http://www.cyprus44.com/forums/39106.asp Msg 9

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.