North Cyprus Tourist Board - Karsiyaka villas not finished ,still no electric north cyprus
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Karsiyaka villas not finished ,still no electric north cyprus

Karsiyaka villas not finished ,still no electric north cyprus

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» North Cyprus Property Rental Guide

» Cyprus44 North Cyprus Guide (Over 200 Info Pages)

» Book North Cyprus Hotels and Flights

» See All Electricity in North Cyprus and KIBTEK Related Threads posted so far

terryrydell

Message Posted:
23/07/2010 01:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 26 in Discussion

Hi i purchased a villa just up from the restaraunt on the beach front in 2008 (off plan) at present i have paid for it and it is nearly finished the estate agent,soliitor and builder have not answerd any emails since 0ctober 2009.

I have been out to the villa and its very nice.But it is very worrying not knowing what is happening.

The builder cant get an electric supply the neighbours wont help him out.

So i wonder if any one knows the builder and if it is normal to wait so long in limbo.

Does anyone have any good advice for me .i would so love to hear your views

nurseawful

Message Posted:
23/07/2010 01:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 26 in Discussion

If I remember correctly you will have to go to Kibtek (electric board) with a copy of your contract, your passport and approx 1000 tl, accompanied by your builder before you will be connected to the main supply.

Re the estate agent and solicitor best thing to do is go and see them yourself.

Sorry I can't offer more help. Good Luck

Chris

Rocker

Message Posted:
23/07/2010 07:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 26 in Discussion

Remember Kibtec have to approve the electrics on your villa. Has the builder constructed and or installed a transformer. Good Luck it took us ages when we first came here, but it was worth the wait.

catalkoykid

Message Posted:
23/07/2010 07:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 26 in Discussion

take no notice this is a wind up

the estate agent,soliitor and builder have not answerd any emails since 0ctober 2009.

I have been out to the villa and its very nice.But it is very worrying not knowing what is happening.

and hes been out not spoke to them lol another nutter

catalkoykid

Message Posted:
23/07/2010 07:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 26 in Discussion

http://www.cyprus44.com/forums/17700.asp

you spoke to them and picking up the keys

cyprusishome

Message Posted:
23/07/2010 07:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 26 in Discussion

Msg 1.

1. Who is the builder?

2. Do you have PTP?

3. Is their a building permit? - you can check at lapta Belidiye.

4. Do you have an electric Projest submitted? Check at Kib tec in Girne, office is about 50 yards up road from where you pay bills..

If answers to 2 and/or3 are no you will not gain completion. Without 2 and 3 you will not get electric. Contact HBPG if you want advice. http://www.hbpg-trnc.net

juliamoons

Message Posted:
23/07/2010 08:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 26 in Discussion

You do not need PTP (permission to purchase) to get electric. But the builder must have got his Permission to Build.

terryrydell

Message Posted:
23/07/2010 11:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 26 in Discussion

Hi sorry if it sounds like a wind up i went over and looked at the villa yes it is nice but i got in and took photos because it was unlocked .so i am not on a wind up catalkoykid .I have paid a consultant to contact select estates and the builder and that is the only person i met out there .

The builder has installed a transformer i paid a 1000 pounds for my connection i dont know the answer to 2 and 3 i will have to find out.Thanks for the positive information cyprusishome.

The builder is coray he built 9 villas on his plot by the way.

kibsolar

Message Posted:
24/07/2010 19:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 26 in Discussion

For all in the same situation and for those who "at least" want to move into their homes:

http://www.kibsolar.com and http://www.cyprus44.com/forums/40702.asp

catalkoykid

Message Posted:
24/07/2010 19:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 26 in Discussion

mess 8 so you didn't bother going to the estate agent or solictor ?????????????????????????????? why you was there

yorgozlu

Message Posted:
25/07/2010 00:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 26 in Discussion

£1000 you may have paid to your builder for transformer will not give an electric meter.

You need to to KIB-TEK in person with all paperwork+copies.

Passaport

Contract of sale

Building permit

£1113.31p for the meter

270 tl deposit

terryrydell

Message Posted:
26/07/2010 21:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 26 in Discussion

Thank you Kibsolar and Yorgozlu for your helpful advice. As for my new friend who talks to me like my mother used to ,i wish I had as much time on my hands to write idly as you do .Well here goes if i can hold your attention for more than a second .This is especialy for you .I flew over to meet with the estate agent and solicitor and consultant ,i arranged this( before i left spain where i live). When i arrived i went to the estate agent i waited until the doors opend .A young man said the boss was very busy and would be in soon i waited two hours and left i went several times also the estate agent knew i was in cyprus but avoided me and never returned a single call.

As for the solicitor i went there and they told me the person who used to work there took my paper work and they could not help me .

I did meet the consultant who informed me the builder was not happy as my payments were always late but i had paper work dated to prove the payments went to the estate agent on time every

terryrydell

Message Posted:
26/07/2010 21:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 26 in Discussion

continued.... every time .The consultant aranged an apointment so i could meet the builder for 11 am on a thursday .i arrived at 10 am ....this is when i found the doors unlocked to the villa i went in and looked around i sat in the front garden played with the stray dogs talked to the neighbours and stayed till 1pm i phoned the consultant told them the builder had not arrived .I was told ok leave it with me and guess what the consultant could not get hold of the builder.

May i say i have not wrote all the above to rant it is purely to ease the curious mind of my new surrogate mum catalkoy bless .I hope you now see i am not a muppet just someone who wants to get his new villa finished .like so many of you lucky settled ex pats

Blackpoolfan

Message Posted:
26/07/2010 21:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 26 in Discussion

Terrydell,

I hope you get sorted and all goes well for you as there are many people in the same boat with similar problems, also there are people on here who have one mission in their sad lives that is to throw scorn and take the p*ss out of people like yourself. Good Luck

Hector

Message Posted:
26/07/2010 22:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 26 in Discussion

Who was your advocate (there are no solicitors in TRNC), what law firm? Someone will probably know where they are now. Who is this 'consultant'? What was s/he paid to do? Have you spoken to any other buyers on this development?

Have you considered contacting/emailing Marian Stokes of the Home Buyers Pressure Group for advice? (see message 6).

terryrydell

Message Posted:
26/07/2010 23:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 26 in Discussion

Once again thank you Blackpoolfan and Hector for your positive feedback .Yes as i typed solicitor i realised that is not quiet the correct term ,I dont know if i am allowed to say on here the company in Girne That i used .But they are still operating they just dont reply to emails and when i have phoned they are vague .

The consultant was first consult ,i found them on a web search in 2009 the reason i got them involved was because i was frustrated at hearing nothing from anyone else.

I appointed first consult just to do my snagging for me in june 2009 as i was told in june 2009 by my estate agent my villa was ready to be handed over to me ...haha .

First consult ended up chasing my estate and the builder and trying their best to get it all done for me .First consult did a lot more for me than they needed to.

I spoke to a couple who had moved in oposite ,not on my development they knew a couple of english people and a couple of turkish people had purchased on the same site

Hector

Message Posted:
26/07/2010 23:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 26 in Discussion

If you tell us the name of the law firm and the advocates name, someone will have information. Of course you can say who they are, how else can you get information? I'm still confused as to who 'First Consult' are, can you give us a link to their website? Your builder was Coray and your estate agent was Select Estates. Does anyone have information on them?

Did your advocate get your Permission To Purchase (PTP) approved? Did s/he register your contract to give you some protection?

terryrydell

Message Posted:
27/07/2010 00:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 26 in Discussion

Hi Hector

My attorney is SEYHAN I YILDIRIM who has Power of Attorney ,Certifying Officer: Mehmet Ali Altunc the law firm is g_y_h_lawyers_conveyancers

The link to first consult is as follows http://www.firstconsultcyprus.co.uk/index.html?_ret_=return

My contract is between CENGIZ DAĞDAGEZER and GULTEN KARAMANLI Trepresented by lawful attorney KORAY TILKI TRNC .I made a mistake Koray is actually their attorney not the builder.

The VENDOR is the registered owner of and has selling rights over the immovable property located in KARSIYAKA sized in total 4 dönüm 1 evleks and 600 square feet and with Title Deed Registration Numbers.

I have since heard through cyprus44 that real select estates have closed their offices but are still trading at their restaurant which was their office before it became a restaurant. The advocate took me to the town hall to get my permission to purchase when i signed the contract february 2008.i believe my contract was registerd at t

joandjelly

Message Posted:
27/07/2010 01:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 26 in Discussion

Hi Terry

Of the two people named is one the landowner and one the builder and which one is the registered owner (i.e. the vendor)?

"The advocate took me to the town hall to get my permission to purchase ..." This is a bit confusing. Usually the advocate prepares an application on your behalf for submission to the Ministry for Permission to Purchase. You may have been asked to complete a form for this purpose (names of your parents, passport number, your profession, etc). It usually takes in excess of 18 months (at least) for permission to be granted. Do you know for sure if permission has been given or not?

Are you in contact with any of your neighbours on the site? It is a bit strange if the builder has installed a transformer (which you have contributed towards) and yet the electric has not been connected. Maybe there is a problem with the sign-off of the site by Kib-tec.

There are lots of questions that need answers and I am sure you are very worried. Perhaps it would be

joandjelly

Message Posted:
27/07/2010 01:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 26 in Discussion

wise for you to visit again to try and sort out some of the problems on the ground. I live in Karsiyaka and if I can help you at all please let me know. My email address is cyprusjo@gmail.com

terryrydell

Message Posted:
03/08/2010 21:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 26 in Discussion

Hi All below is a copy of the latest news i have.

Dear Terry

Please accept my sincerest apologies for not getting back to you sooner. I have been trying to find out what is going on with Select Estates and didn't want to tell you something I hadn't had confirmed.

We have only just managed to discover what is going on with the company and your property.

finally managed to speak to the builder - Koray, and he has now confirmed that the property is complete. The only thing left for you to do, is to come out to Northern Cyprus so that you can go to KibTek - the electric board, and sign for your meter and pay for it to be connected. We have been informed by KibTek that the charge you will have to pay is 249TL approx £110 as a holding deposit for your electric meter, which will be returned to you by KibTek if you sell the property and a further £40 charge on top of that. These figures are not 100% as we had previously been informed the fee was approx 700TL.

terryrydell

Message Posted:
03/08/2010 21:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 22 of 26 in Discussion

Although these figures are correct at the moment, if there is any change I shall let you know. Everything has been installed, you simply need to sign and pay for it. The water and meter has been connected also. As a result, once you visit and sign for your electric meter, your property is habitable. Obviously the snagging needs checking but other than that, according to the builder, all is good.

Koray has also informed Me that the company, Select Estates has gone bust. However, he has also confirmed that he has received his payment from them in full.

Again my apologies for the delay, I just didn't want to worry you.

terryrydell

Message Posted:
03/08/2010 22:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 23 of 26 in Discussion

Well with reference to the last two posts .does anyone know if my solicitor (who has power of aterny )can sign for me at kib tek or have i really got to fly over to do this myself.

ginty

Message Posted:
03/08/2010 22:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 24 of 26 in Discussion

unfortunately you have to go over yourself with the copy of the contract and expect a long wait it took me 3 hours and 5 weeks later still no meter, good luck

emineden1

Message Posted:
04/08/2010 09:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 25 of 26 in Discussion

anyone who has your power of attorney and all the relevant paperwork can apply for your electric meter

Rogerdodger

Message Posted:
04/08/2010 16:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 26 of 26 in Discussion

some people have long wait for connection, on our estate, we went to Kibtec, to us 10 min to do the paperwork, we were connected three days later, maybe we were lucky

RD

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.