North Cyprus Tourist Board - Turkish Title land. Is the government giving permissions to purchase?
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Turkish Title land. Is the government giving permissions to purchase?

Turkish Title land. Is the government giving permissions to purchase?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See All North Cyprus Lawyer Discussions posted so far

» Law Firms on Cyprus44 Business Directory

» Property Buying Procedure in North Cyprus

» Read about Orams Case Land Dispute Judgement

» North Cyprus Title Deeds

» Is It Safe to Buy in Northern Cyprus?

IBeMe

Message Posted:
05/12/2010 07:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 13 in Discussion

I have been looking at adverts selling Pre 74 Turkish Title Land that make no reference to the need of foreigners to get government permission to buy such land.

I have an idea that the government isn't giving such permissions.

Is this correct?

Geoff

Message Posted:
05/12/2010 09:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 13 in Discussion

Correct, most of us in that position don't get a PTP refusal, we hear nothing at all.

Q: What to do?

A: Carry on living in the place and enjoy life, if the TRNC don't want the transfer fees who cares, saves us

money. We have just given up on it all.

Live happily and die in despair I suppose.

Geoff

Famagusta City (Old Town)

walkerscott

Message Posted:
05/12/2010 10:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 13 in Discussion

It may well be but the Government hasn't confirmed that yet. It is an assumption made by quite a few who have not been granted PTP.

For those who haven't heard anything about their PTP Application, go and check it out at the PTP Office. The Interior Ministry Permissions Office telephone number is 00 90 392 611 1127.

http://www.no-deeds-no-money.moonfruit.com

pollymarples

Message Posted:
05/12/2010 11:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 13 in Discussion

Well Mr. Talat and Mr Denktas say people refused PTP on such land should go to the ECHR

so there may be a grain of truth. What really amuses is that you are allowed to buy it, if that is the case. Cake and Eat it comes to mind.

walkerscott

Message Posted:
05/12/2010 11:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 13 in Discussion

Polly

You said "Well Mr. Talat and Mr Denktas say people refused PTP on such land should go to the ECHR"

Can you give me a reference or link where I can find this piece of information or quote? Much apreciated.

John

http://www.no-deeds-no-money.moonfruit.com

Tenakoutou

Message Posted:
05/12/2010 11:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 13 in Discussion

If I am not mistaken, this was written/reported in 'Cyprus Today', several weeks ago?

Bradus

Message Posted:
05/12/2010 11:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 13 in Discussion

Also see what was written in Cyprus Today regarding New Villas which is Pre 74. Check out what N. Mehmet, advocate is saying and the BHC who have been contacted by many that have been refused. Aphrodite Beach residents have also been refused.Many buyers have simply been kept in the dark for 5 years and over.Use Cyp 44 Google bar to see all other threads on pre 74 refusal. Get the BRS and HBPG take on this.

Geoff is correct in that you can buy and then live in the property. However it remains the legal property of the builder or seller so you buy knowing that you will have paid in full but do not own it. There is also the opportunity for mortgages and memorandums to be taken out on your property and that sadly means that the house you have bought will be auctioned to pay the debt.

There will be some that come on and deny that permission is being denied. You have to do your homework and ask why? Research carefully and you will find it is not.

Good Luck

Bradus

Message Posted:
05/12/2010 12:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 13 in Discussion

Sorry my last paragraph is a little confusing. I meant to say that careful research will show that in the vast majority of cases PTP HAS NOT BEEN GRANTED TO FOREIGNERS on Pre 74 Turkish Title deed properties for the last 3 years or so.

famagusta99

Message Posted:
05/12/2010 17:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 13 in Discussion

msg#1. The answer is yes; they are refusing. See e.g.:

http://www.ipb-magazine.com/en/articles/north-cyprus-government-refuses-hand-over-deeds-buyers

The scary thing is that they started this practice, without ANY public announcement. The North Cypriot authorities did this secretly, and foreign buyers have just found out/noticed the last couple of years.

There are those who say that it is still possible....but I have yet to meet a real case. And they all fail the "litmus-test": when I ask to postpone payment until I get p2p (=Permission To Purchase), they refuse to accept, event when I offer far more than the asking price!

In other words; people (read: sellers) who tell you that is is possible to get p2p, are not willing to put their money where their mouth is.

See also: http://www.cyprus44.com/forums/50776.asp

Lilli

Message Posted:
05/12/2010 17:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 13 in Discussion

Is the original poster an imposterx

IBeMe

Message Posted:
07/12/2010 07:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 13 in Discussion

Who do you think I am pretending to be Lilli?

I have a soft spot for Cyprus which has grown since I was at school here in the early 60s and have been considering buying in the TRNC for several years.

Being careful when it comes to spending considerable sums I was never happy with the risks of buying property with exchange title albeit that in future it could possibly become safe.

With the TRNC doing little to improve the situation, which I believe they could easily do by letting purchasers' set up companies, owned 100%, the likes of the Orams' case would no longer be a cause for concern, it just leaves Foreign owned pre 74 title which seems harder to find than a needle in a haystack or Turkish title.

From the helpful remarks of your fellow forumers and my complete lack of trust in the TRNC as concerns its actions/ lack of actions with expat buyers it seems that I will have to look elsewhere but definitely not in south Cyprus where matters are no better.

nicka

Message Posted:
07/12/2010 08:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 13 in Discussion

Re message 10.....

Lilli, this is a subject that needs airing .wether the person is an imposter or not. People commiting their money to something they cannot get permission to own is an awful situation , and the more people are aware the better.

nicka

Tenakoutou

Message Posted:
07/12/2010 08:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 13 in Discussion

The bottom line is that no foreigner can actually OWN any immoveable property in TRNC, irrespective of the fact that they have 'paid in full' for what should be 'freehold title'.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.