North Cyprus Tourist Board - purchase outdoor furniture from uk and ship it here
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > purchase outdoor furniture from uk and ship it here

purchase outdoor furniture from uk and ship it here

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Property Buying Procedure in North Cyprus

» Read Cyprus44 Article on Buying Furniture in North Cyprus

Jodienjon

Message Posted:
12/05/2011 10:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 7 in Discussion

just an equiry if i was to buy some outdoor furniture could i then ship it here or share a container? Do you have to pay import duty? how much is it? if it was driven over would it be any cheaper?

ANy help would be good

shel56

Message Posted:
30/05/2011 12:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 7 in Discussion

Jo Valentine does that sort of thing my friend just came in and she had room in her container so Jo fitted in someone's stuff. It did get hit for import duty though (don't know how much the duty was that had to be paid in relation to the cost of the goods though) and I think the first square metre charge is costly then over that the rate comes down as I remember.

Check them out on the web they are based in Doncaster I think but they do take deliveries and keep it for you until they have a container coming (so I have been told).

I think a number of shipping companies does a similar thing here you just have to work out whether the cost of items, shipping and any tax to be paid is worth it in the end or would it be cheaper to buy it here. Hope that helps.

Bertie

Message Posted:
30/05/2011 12:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 7 in Discussion

Then she can loose them like she did ours and if you are really lucky you can pay for insurance which doesnt exist just to make it extra worthwhile sorry to be cynical but truthful.

I think someone does bring in by road which we would look at doing when we replace the items lost by valentines

StGeorgeI

Message Posted:
30/05/2011 12:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 7 in Discussion

just by it here - loads of shops with loads of choice...

G

the butler

Message Posted:
30/05/2011 13:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 7 in Discussion

Hi Jodienjon,

We brought a large patio table and chairs in from the UK in April. You cannot buy the quality of this one here in the TRNC. The table was still packed in it's original box but we had used the chairs a couple of times back home in the UK. They charged us a £100 duty on the table but it was well worth it, as we had bought them half price in the end of season sales last summer.

The butlers wife

fosterscan

Message Posted:
30/05/2011 14:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 7 in Discussion

I thought there was no import duty on 'used' items , so remove the packaging and wrap it in blankets.Please correct me if i am wrong.

the butler

Message Posted:
30/05/2011 14:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 7 in Discussion

re:message6,

Yes you are right Fosterscan, used items can be brought in duty free, but we bought a patio table & 6 chairs new in the UK, the table ( which has a glass top ) was in its own carton, and we felt it prudent to leave it in it's original packing carton . had we taken it out we would have risked the glass being broken.But hey ho the duty of £100 was worth it.

However I would say that if this is the only thing you are thinking of shipping, then you have to wheigh up the costs of shipping + possible duty payable, and compare that with what is available here.

Personally I would look at suppliers here, and save yourself a bundle of cash and a 3 month wait!

Our patio set was part & parcel of a load of other cartons we had shipped from the UK.

Re Bertie message 3: Fortunatly nothing lost with JV, but an expensive lesson learned, check out all the alternatve shippers.

The Butler

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.