North Cyprus Tourist Board - Broadband connections and relaible providers !
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Broadband connections and relaible providers !

Broadband connections and relaible providers !

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» All threads about Internet issues in North Cyprus

» Computers & Internet on Cyprus44 Business Directory

James1607

Message Posted:
03/08/2011 10:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 7 in Discussion

Hello,I am moving out to Northern Cyprus shortly would welcome suggestions on fast reliable broadband service operator in the Kyrenia area.Thank you in advance.

James1607

kbasat

Message Posted:
03/08/2011 11:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 7 in Discussion

Hello,

We are currently offering 1Mbit (50TL/m+VAT), 2Mbit (70TL/+VAT), 4Mbit (90TL/m+VAT) and 10Mbit (150TL/m+VAT). No usage limitations on any of the packages.

There is currently a no strings attached 1 month trial options for new customers (you pay for 1 month + 50TL activation and if you are not happy you can discontinue our service), no binding contracts.

4Mbit and 10Mbit packages also have a deal on yearly payment option with 700TL+VAT and 1200TL+VAT respectively, with NO activation charge. All other packages have 50TL activation charge, one time.

There is no installation fee.

You can visit our Kyrenia Office next to Karakum Lemar or call our branch manager, Mudasser, 0548 8700226.

Hope to be working with you,

Kemal

Washerman

Message Posted:
03/08/2011 11:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 7 in Discussion

The company with a 7 year proven track record of providing excellent customer service to the British Expatriate community: http://www.cyprus44.com/forums/59203.asp

email or, telephone Gwyn: 0533 869 4371

spud50

Message Posted:
03/08/2011 13:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 7 in Discussion

Hi

I am with Extend provided by Washerman (aka Paul & Gwyn) and I would recommend their service to you. They speak English - a bonus unless you speak Turkish - and are available by phone if you have any queries or problems.

No, they do not employ me. I'm just a very happy customer.

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
03/08/2011 13:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 7 in Discussion

James 1607

I'd read this thread:

http://www.cyprus44.com/forums/66209.asp - from msg 75 onwards

two good reviews for kbasat ...

I offer a satellite broadband solution - for folks who can't get reliable fast internet ..but if kbsat is offering a reliable service at those speeds give it a whirl..

I'm all for expats getting the best deal

erolz

Message Posted:
03/08/2011 13:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 7 in Discussion

James1607

Just to give you an overview. There are two principal 'techologies' providing broadband net access to home users in the TRNC. ADSL and wireless / wifi based. Most suppliers offer both options. ADSL requires you have a land line and wireless does not. ADSL provision is generally cheaper and does not require any external equpiment but it's main weakness is its reliance on the state own telecom operator. THis means there is another 'link' in your supply chain and the state owned telco can be slow in responding to problems compared with private businesses.

As far as supliers go, there are actual supliers and then there are agents. The main suppliers are Extend, Nethouse Networks, Ari Net, Sunny Cyprus and the new Multimax.

Personaly I have used for last few years Ari Net (wireless), through an agent Bortec and have been very happy with the service, however I am now also 'trialing' a multimax connection as they are offering higher bandwidth at lower prices.

erolz

Message Posted:
03/08/2011 13:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 7 in Discussion

Before my Ari Net based wifi service I used an ADSL service and was generally happy with that until my line deveolped a fault and the state own telco took too long to fix the issue, so I stopped using ADSL at that time and moved to Ari Net.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.