North Cyprus Tourist Board - Simple Direction to Ledra Street Crossing - Please
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Simple Direction to Ledra Street Crossing - Please

Simple Direction to Ledra Street Crossing - Please

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about Cyprus Border Crossings

» See All Threads on Cyprus Border Crossings

» Driving Directions from Ercan Airport to Kyrenia

» Driving Directions from Larnaca Airport to Kyrenia

» North Cyprus Map

stellasstar1

Message Posted:
03/02/2012 20:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 11 in Discussion

Hi, having finally realised that it is not the Ledra Palace Crossing that I want, but the Ledra Street one, I have no idea where it is. I can get to Gonyeli roundabout ok, but could someone give me SIMPLE directions to get to the crossing point please. It is a years since I went over the Ledra Palace one, so please don't use that as any sort of base for directions, as I don't remember where that is. Thanks

elko2

Message Posted:
03/02/2012 20:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 11 in Discussion

You should get a navigator and then it will be dead simple. Sorry about that, I could not help it

ismet

harita

Message Posted:
03/02/2012 21:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 11 in Discussion

There is no easy directions to the Ledra St crossing .. It is in the old part of Lefkosia ..

It is not far from the Ledra Palace Crossing a few minutes walk to the left ..

erolz

Message Posted:
03/02/2012 21:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 11 in Discussion

The following link might help

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Ledra+Street+Information+Office+-+Irene+(Peace)+Hall,+Ledras,+Nicosia&hl=en&ll=35.175369,33.365393&spn=0.014751,0.027487&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=57.684464,112.587891&oq=ledra+str&hq=Ledra+Street+Information+Office+-+Irene+(Peace)+Hall,&hnear=Ledras,+Nicosia,+Cyprus&t=m&z=16

you can zoom out to get a wider view and zoom in to see details like buyuk han etc but there is no 'easy' descripton to give. Anyway hope the google map helps a bit. Good luck

Crumpy

Message Posted:
03/02/2012 22:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 11 in Discussion

Hi Stella,

As Harita stated in message 3, it is impossible to give you simple directions to the Lokmacı crossing, but I hope this helps :

- From the Gönyeli roundabout continue toward the city-centre.

- Go over the hospital roundabout and also straight at the next three traffic-lighted junctions. At the Merit Hotel, do NOT fork left ... again keep going straight

- 500 metres after the Merit Hotel you come to the junction with the "bent-fingers-statue" in the middle of it ... yet again keep going straight.

- After passing the "bent-fingers-junction" you will find yourself on a straight & very wide one-way street.

- After 400 metres of this "wide, straight one-way street", you will come to a T-junction, which will have the words "Mehmetçik Gazinosu" written in front of you.

- At this T-junction turn right onto another wide one-way street, but this one gradually bends to the right.

Crumpy

Message Posted:
03/02/2012 22:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 11 in Discussion

(Continued from above)

- From here, take the second left through the historic Girne Gate.

- Drive for about 150 metres along that road in the direction of the Venetian Column.

- At the column, fork left.

- You should now see the Saray Hotel in front of you.

- Just before you reach the hotel I advise you to turn left into a narrow street.

- After about 50 metres, you'll see a car-park on your left. I advise you to park there.

- Walking out of the car park turn left.

- Walk along this road keeping the historic Büyuk Han to your right.

- After passing Büyuk Han you will come across the narrow Arasta Sokak ... famous for its fabric shops.

- Walk the 40 metres along Arasta Sokak, and at the end of it, you are less than 30 metres from the Lokmacı crossing.

I hope this helps you Stella

Crumpy

Message Posted:
03/02/2012 23:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 11 in Discussion

Hi again Stella,

On reading my above directions, I'm sure someone will comment on the fact that it would have been simpler to tell you just to go straight until you get to "Mehmetçik Gazinosu" T-junction. However, I thought it would be reassuring for you if I included a few landmarks up to that point. In any case, all the best in getting there.

elko2

Message Posted:
04/02/2012 08:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 11 in Discussion

Here is the simplest direction:

Go to the walled city and ask the first person you see in the street "Lokmaci Barikati ?". They will show you the right direction Repeat it every 100 yards.

ismet

erolz

Message Posted:
04/02/2012 08:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 11 in Discussion

If you use google maps to give directions from Gönyeli roundabout to Ledra Street crossing, it takes you over the Metahan border, where you turn left and follow that road to its end which gets you very close to the South end of Ledra street You have to love computers sometimes.

stellasstar1

Message Posted:
04/02/2012 15:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 11 in Discussion

Thank you everyone for your efforts in helping me. Crumpy, you have gone to a lot of trouble, thanks. Today at the market, 2 people offerred to drive me to the crossing point. This forum and it's members really can be very helpful.

Crumpy

Message Posted:
04/02/2012 16:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 11 in Discussion

"Crumpy, you have gone to a lot of trouble"

You're welcome Stella, but actually it wasn't that much trouble - Most of the directions were copy-and-pasted

from message 13 in this thread http://www.cyprus44.com/forums/70302.asp

In any case, here's hoping you get your PO box sorted - I make use of a friend's south-side box ... and it certainly means I get my mail quicker than if it were to go through Mersin etc.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.