North Cyprus Tourist Board - thalassa owner
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > thalassa owner

thalassa owner

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read Thalassa Beach Resort in Bafra, North Cyprus property review

» Read Bafra Beach Resort in Bafra, North Cyprus property review

» Read about Beach Beach North Cyprus

Beatrice

Message Posted:
08/01/2009 21:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 22 in Discussion

Hi everybody, been very interested to read all the different opinions on the forum. I went accross in June last year and purchased a 3 bed apart at the Thalasso development. the pre 74 title and the location swung it for me.I think for a "top end" apartment on a development with excellent facillities there wont be much to touch Thalasso. When u look at the Kaya Artemis Hotel nearby this should be an upmarket resort area. I do think it will prob be around 3-5 years before the area is fully geared up four tourists. kensington provide excellent updated info about the build which is progressing well and so far Naomi Mehmet been an efficient friendly lawyer.im just hoping that on site facillities , landscaping etc are ready in time for the apartments being occupied.

Not a place to buy if you are looking for a quick profit but I think in the long term u cant lose.

negativenick

Message Posted:
08/01/2009 22:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 22 in Discussion

Beatrice - top post - agree with your feelings - the close proximity of the Artimis will ensure that that you have bought in a good area...

Makes some of the regions in the Girne area look like the Bronks in comparison.

Nick

tinker

Message Posted:
08/01/2009 22:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 22 in Discussion

OK for a holiday home... Would you want to live there 24/7

Beatrice

Message Posted:
08/01/2009 22:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 22 in Discussion

ha ha, never thought of it like that! they are starting with a clean slate in this area so hopefully they will have learned from mistakes made in other areas and developments. whats life without a little risk and there is no doubt there are more complications buying in the north but u have to weigh that against the fantastic prices. the same apartment in the south , only a few miles down the coast,would easily cost us double so its a no brainer.

We will just use it for holidays so I am hoping the air travel doesnt become too pricey. that seems the only disadvantage compared to spain, canaries. we looked at lanzarote but again prices couldnt compare.

Beatrice

Message Posted:
08/01/2009 22:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 22 in Discussion

dont think I would live there. I love Scotland and would miss family and friends. thats how i feel at present maybe it will change.

stusimpson

Message Posted:
08/01/2009 23:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 22 in Discussion

Hi Guys,

Have you registered on our web site for Thalassa buyers?

WWW.THALASSAOWNERS.COM

Lots of photos etc.

cheers stu

Beatrice

Message Posted:
08/01/2009 23:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 22 in Discussion

hi stu

didnt know the website exists, but will now register.

would be great to confer with other owners.

Steve1953

Message Posted:
09/01/2009 12:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 22 in Discussion

Dear Beatrice,dont want to spoil the party, but two years ago,spent the best part of a day on the back of a 4x 4 with Andrew from Thalassa. Very hard sell,and tour of several sites including one miles from know-where near Farmagusta.

Site might be ok in a few years time,but infra structure non existant. There are also some concrete block type buildings(cant really call them apartments);on the main road near Bogaz - again nearest shop must be 5 miles away. Sorry to be a negative nick on this one,but the whole episode put me right off. Hope things are ok for you,good luck,kind regards,Steve

biker-babe

Message Posted:
09/01/2009 12:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 22 in Discussion

Artemis is truely sensational ! be interested to see how that side develops.

negativenick

Message Posted:
09/01/2009 12:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 22 in Discussion

mess 8 - no litter though, compared to our side of the island.

Nick

Steve1953

Message Posted:
09/01/2009 15:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 22 in Discussion

Dear Nick - nobody around to drop any - Steve

Beatrice

Message Posted:
09/01/2009 18:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 22 in Discussion

thanks Steve

we had a good look around and looked at other developments. I think year on year this area will continue to develop - including the infrastructure- hopefully the resort will have their own shops restaurants etc at least until the locality catches up. Where there are people inevitably business follows to service their needs. We dealt with Fiona and it wasnt a hard sell at all. I suppose it just comes down to some folk seeing the potential and others not. thanks for your good wishes, we will continue to think positive. They know a huge investment like Thallasa must cater for the needs of their residents or they just wont sell, simple as.

stusimpson

Message Posted:
09/01/2009 21:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 22 in Discussion

Steve,

Its fair to say Thalassa and the whole of the Bafra plans are just that,plans.However as Beatrice implies,its a long term project and I think 5 years is a very good guess at how long it will be till any buyers are truly settled with the surroundings.

If and its a big 'if' some dramatic opening up of Northern Cyprus ends up happening then I think a nice pretty unspoilt area with potential for some upmarket hotels is a place I'd rather be.Not knocking the areas over the other side but I think Thalassa buyers are buying because of the unspoilt and quiet nature of the area.

IMHO the whole of the property market in the North is up in the air,but you're also forgetting the land title which in this case is as secure as it possibly can be in N.cyprus.This is very important especially with all the latest developments with regards possible repatriation of land.

Stu

Beatrice

Message Posted:
09/01/2009 21:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 22 in Discussion

I agree Steve u just hit the nail on the head, this is definitely the coast if you are looking for a quiet area. Its very doubtful it will be of interest to any hen/stag parties of the future. As for land title we were convinced by other developers that the "exchange" title was perfectly safe and that may well be the case. However pre 74 title will always be a good selling tool if we decide to sell on in future years. Although any queries that did crop up with exchange title would be challenged through th courts, I didnt want the hassle of even having to consider this as a possibility. We like all of North Cyprus but I think Thallasa will tick all our boxes and as we always have a hire car the rest of the island is easily accessible. Cape Verde is in a similar situation poor infrastructure and opening up to tourism big time but it will be years before it is up and running. I think the Karpas will be worth waiting for.

Beatrice

Message Posted:
09/01/2009 21:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 22 in Discussion

sorry the message i just directed to steve was meant for you Stu.

thanks

Steve1953

Message Posted:
10/01/2009 12:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 22 in Discussion

Dear Beatrice/Stu, agree on most of what you say but - watch out for "add ons" - transformer charges,laying of cables/water pipes/land fees/maintenance fees ,solicitors charges etc.Did you manage to negotiate on white goods/price? Look forward to the progress as things unravel,kind regards,Steve

Beatrice

Message Posted:
10/01/2009 15:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 22 in Discussion

hi Steve, hopefully they wont unravel! maybe u meant unfold? White goods, air con included, set fee agreed with solicitor. been advised what maintenance charges will be in the contract. At the end of the day these issues apply to any property buying abroad, not just north cyprus. it is always a case of buyer beware wherever. there will always be a slight gamble. you just have to do your homework , keep the risks to a minimum,and sometimes go with your instincts.

SaorAlba

Message Posted:
10/01/2009 15:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 22 in Discussion

Beatrice,

Just looking out for a fellow Scot when I say be absolutely certain that the land is pre-1974. The only way to be sure is to check with the RoC Land Registry in Nicosia, taking plot references and a scale site map. That way they can check whether any claims have been made against it. Who other than sales staff has told you it is undisputed title?

Good luck.

PP

irishwrath

Message Posted:
10/01/2009 15:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 22 in Discussion

Contracts are worthless beatrice, only the owners have to stick to their side of it, everyone one else can just make it up as they go, whatever your contract says.

Beatrice

Message Posted:
10/01/2009 15:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 22 in Discussion

I havent went as far to check the land titles for myself. Savills is a very well respected company so I will take it as said. If the contracts were so worthless then surely that would affect their sales? Please guys give some credit to the buyers as well, there is plenty of astute people out there buying at Thallaso.

This apartment is not after all a huge investment (in property terms) we are not borrowing thankfully so therefore we dont lose any sleep about it. If you thought of every possible thing that could go wrong you would do nothing in life. Whatever happens if ourselves, our family and friends get some enjoyable years from it we will be quite happy. thanks for all your comments though.

kind regards

Steve1953

Message Posted:
10/01/2009 16:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 22 in Discussion

Hi Beatrice,I'm sure Naomi Mehmet will sort out the legal wrangles - she was very good when I bought an apartment in Kyrenia. How many properties are going to be on the site - we are still sorting out our Santa Fe apartment in Lapta - 28 units about 2 miles out of Lapta,but about 8 months late and still not concluded. So if you are in no rush,you should be ok. Did you check out any other areas? - I presume the nearness to Farmagusta and lack of building I guess drew you to this - but why Savilles and not another company? I know Savilles market their sites more than most,kind regards,Steve

Beatrice

Message Posted:
10/01/2009 17:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 22 of 22 in Discussion

Hi Steve

I believe around 400 apartments. We are in no rush so time not an issue although they seem to be progressing reasonably well. we did look at other areas and was very tempted by sweetwater bay, only drawback was the beach was stony and a steep climb down to it. and prices more expensive. Savills marketing was v v good and there wasnt a huge amount of choice that I could see of pre 74 title. We had a look at the finished beach area at Kaya Artemis (practically next door)and it was stunning I think that clinched it for us to have a beach like that practically on your doorstep on a flat site was which swung it for us. Didnt want to be in Kyrenia or in a very small development, as I may be on my own at times so 1st floor with plenty neighbours/people around makes me feel more secure.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.