North Cyprus Tourist Board - Does anyone know whether Netgear wireless routers work in TRNC??
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Does anyone know whether Netgear wireless routers work in TRNC??

Does anyone know whether Netgear wireless routers work in TRNC??

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» All threads about Internet issues in North Cyprus

» Computers & Internet on Cyprus44 Business Directory

Chrystal

Message Posted:
25/10/2009 02:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 8 in Discussion

Just wondering whether my computers and wireless printer will work exactly as they do in the UK.

catalkoykid

Message Posted:
25/10/2009 05:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 8 in Discussion

yes the same

kimig1

Message Posted:
25/10/2009 09:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 8 in Discussion

Don't know how your computers work in the UK!!! Certainly faster than here... but yes, I have used a Netgear router here for four years, to enable my desktop & two additional laptops to connect wirelessly.

You should not have a problem

keithcaley

Message Posted:
25/10/2009 11:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 8 in Discussion

Chrystal,

We do get more fluctuations in the mains power supply here than in UK - although it's nowhere near as bad as it used to be - so make sure that everything electronic is properly protected.

The very minimum protection would be good quality surge protectors - you can buy those 4 or 6 way (and even more) mains adaptors / extension strips that have surge protection built in.

There's a particularly 'fancy' one here: - http://is.gd/4AxHY

They won't protect against the damage that can be caused by low voltage 'brownouts' however, and a better level of protection is afforder by using a UPS (uninterruptible power supply). These generate a stable supply from internal batteries, and switch over instantly if there is any deviation in the mains supply, they also have surge protectioin built in as a matter of course.

I have one protecting all my computer gear, one in the living room protecting TV, sat box, DVD etc., and another one doing the same upstairs.

You're looking at 50 and up

Chrystal

Message Posted:
26/10/2009 03:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 8 in Discussion

Thanks, catalkoykid.

Chrystal

Message Posted:
26/10/2009 03:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 8 in Discussion

Thanks. Great! I will initially be connecting up a desktop, a laptop and a wireless printer. If I have any probs, I know who to call!

Chrystal

Message Posted:
26/10/2009 03:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 8 in Discussion

Thanks, Keith. I will take your advice. I do have my computers and entertainment equipment protected (Belkin) but am not sure whether they are of the UPS type. Will check. Thanks again!

come_on_aylin

Message Posted:
26/10/2009 06:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 8 in Discussion

With most good UPS's you run off the batteries all the time so no switching over is required. When the power to the batteries is lost (a power cut) a tone sounds giving you time to save work and close down in an orderly manner. As I understand it, these have the benefit of "cleaning" the power supply and regulating the voltage too...

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.