North Cyprus Tourist Board - Lapis development Beachside Villas Esentepe
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Lapis development Beachside Villas Esentepe

Lapis development Beachside Villas Esentepe

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» North Cyprus Property Rental Guide

» See All Forum Threads on North Cyprus Beaches

» Read about North Cyprus Beaches

» List of Beaches near Kyrenia North Cyprus

» List of Beaches near Famagusta North Cyprus

» Read about Esentepe Village in North Cyprus

» Korineum Golf Course, Esentepe, North Cyprus

» North Cyprus Property Development Reviews

» Property Buying Guide to North Cyprus

gary65

Message Posted:
15/05/2008 23:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 76 in Discussion

Hi All,

Anyone bought a property in esentepe, beachside villas? It would be great to hear from some possible new neighbours!

newlad

Message Posted:
15/05/2008 23:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 76 in Discussion

Welcome to the forum Gary,

We have bought on the front close to the golf course.When are you due to complete and who with,

Regards,

Paul.

gary65

Message Posted:
16/05/2008 10:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 76 in Discussion

Hi Paul

It is complete but where still going through the process of snagging , we've bought through Lais Development , who have you bought with?

cocos

Message Posted:
16/05/2008 16:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 76 in Discussion

If you bought from Lapis good luck to you! Look at the TRNC villa owners board to see the horror story

gary65

Message Posted:
16/05/2008 19:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 76 in Discussion

Hi Cocos,

We have seen the TRNC villa owners board, but we have to say that so far so good. We have a beautiful villa in a lovely location and we haven't had any problems up to now. I'm sure everyone will have some complaint to make about something; I guess you can't make everyone happy all of the time.

newlad

Message Posted:
16/05/2008 20:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 76 in Discussion

Cocos,

You certainly shoot from the hip.

Gary,

I am really pleased that you are happy with your property we are with a company called carrington on the deniz sahir site due to complete at the end of 2009 good luck,

Regards,

Paul.

gary65

Message Posted:
16/05/2008 22:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 76 in Discussion

Thanks Paul. Good luck to you too! We're going out next week; looking forward to seeing the final product.

Gary

charliebrown

Message Posted:
16/05/2008 23:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 76 in Discussion

Hi Gary

We are new to the area too and live just opposite. What number are you? We can pop up and say hi and introduce ourselves.

Charlie

gary65

Message Posted:
17/05/2008 00:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 76 in Discussion

Hi Charlie,

Are you on Beachside Villas and living there already?

kazzybe

Message Posted:
17/05/2008 10:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 76 in Discussion

Gary have you actually had any snagging done? The reason I ask is because of the messages on the villa owners site and the awful time people are going through with this company.

gary65

Message Posted:
17/05/2008 13:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 76 in Discussion

hi yes we 've started snagging so far so good

Jimmy5 pints

Message Posted:
17/05/2008 13:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 76 in Discussion

Hi Kazzybe,

We are on the Beachside development and have had our snagging completed. We go out next week to see. I must agree with Gary we have a fantastic Villa with unbelievable views and an ambience to die for, so far we have not encountered any of the problems experienced on other Forums. I am a big believer in judging people/Companies from my own experiences and to date have had a relatively smooth time with Lapis.

I think if we believed everything we read about NC and property horror stories we would have never bought here and would have missed out holidaying in a truly unique part of the world.

The reason i have posted on this forum is to give people who may be considering or are part way through purchasing a villa/home not to just listen to the unfortunates who have had bad experiences but from the ones who haven't!!.

If you go in to this with your eyes wide open and conduct plenty of research beforehand your expectaions will not be dashed when you find that procedures, Law, speed and efficiency are not that within the UK.

We have also had a villa in Spain and believe me when i say the service levels were horrendous in that country and gave me more gray hairs than i would usually encounter at my age!!

The point i am trying to make is that there are good and bad experiences in buying property in any country, weigh up the 'risks' and by all means take on board the horror stories but balance it out with the good ones as well.

NC is a beautiful part of the world and i for one am gald i did not miss out.

Thanks

Jim

Tiggy

Message Posted:
17/05/2008 14:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 76 in Discussion

Good luck Jimmy, on your new place.

Have a pint on me.

tiggy -1 pint!

gary65

Message Posted:
17/05/2008 14:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 76 in Discussion

Hi Jimmy

We have a villa on Beachside also and echo your sentiments. Perhaps what British people tend to forget is that our building industry is one of the best in the world and other countries lag behind.

We were unable to get out to snagg our property so we hired an agent to do it for us. He was very thorough, efficient, reliable and trustworthy and we would highly recommend him. He assured us that our property was built and finished to a high standard.

We will also be going out on the 25th May to view our villa and are really looking forward to seeing it. We can't wait to take in the fantastic view and glorious sunshine. Maybe we'll see you out there Jimmy.

Regards

Gary

newlad

Message Posted:
17/05/2008 15:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 76 in Discussion

Jimmy,

Its great to read such a refreshing post,and it just goes to show there are good luck stories happening out there.I hope everything carries on going well for you.As you say there are good and bad stories no matter where you buy property its just that n,cyprus always seem to get more bad press ten most,

all the best,

Paul (two many pints)

gary65

Message Posted:
17/05/2008 15:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 76 in Discussion

Hi Jimmy

Could you tell me if Lapis have built the communial pool by the apartments yet ,when do you think you'll be ready to move in

kazzybe

Message Posted:
17/05/2008 16:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 76 in Discussion

Sorry Garry and Jimmy to sound stupid but if you both haven't been out here yet, how do you know your snagging has bee done?

Jimmy5 pints

Message Posted:
17/05/2008 17:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 76 in Discussion

Kazzybe,

We have been out and my mother is out there now

cocos

Message Posted:
17/05/2008 18:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 76 in Discussion

I do shoot from the hip as I am in a similar situation with my builder as Brad and Sibel so I know what it is like.

I must say that I smell a rat here. Only a few days after a very damming post on villa owners about Lapis beachside suddenly 2 new members join praising them to the hilt. Have you spoken to your neighbours on site? They don't seem a happy bunch either. It all seems pretty fishy to me. If I'm wrong then I'm sure you won't mind telling which plot you have bought?

gary65

Message Posted:
17/05/2008 19:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 76 in Discussion

our agent told us everything was fine , there are still some items that need snagging but nothing to big

As for you Cocos i don't really care if you believe me or not , maybe it's you who's got an agenda!

Jimmy5 pints

Message Posted:
18/05/2008 11:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 76 in Discussion

I must say Cocos that you seem to be taking a very cynical view of individuals who want to air their views on this forum - perhaps if i was to post that i have had an horrendous, tourturous experience that would make you happy, you could also sleep at night becuase another person is experiencing what you are.

I have followed this forum for several months now but never felt the need to comment on anything until now - yes there are unhappy people at Lapis mainly surrounding the supply of electric, it would seem now that the majority of people buying in NC are subjected to these costs - twice mine in some cases,

Yes we have had frustrations up's and downs with timescales/pool not ready etc but as i said in my first thread i had researched the NC property market and limited my expectations thus.

I tend to take Gary's point of you having an agenda as all you seem to want to do is scaremonger people with Doom and Gloom stories! Yes i know there are the horror stories out there but look at the Spanish property Market at the moment!!!

I am truly sorry for your predicament and hope you find a speedy solution to your issues.

Little bit concerned about your acusations of me being a mole for Lapis so if you dont mind i'll keep my plot number to myself - all i will say is we are happy - who knows what will happen in the future!!

Just a thought....... Cocos and Kazzybe joined on exactly the same date and have ommited certain details of their profiles and are singing from the same hymm sheet - i smell a watergate!!!

charliebrown

Message Posted:
18/05/2008 11:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 22 of 76 in Discussion

Gary and Jimmy no we are not on beachside we are on a development accross the road. Weve been living here for a while now so may be able to help with any problems or advice etc that you need. You said you wanted to meet your neighbours, what numbers are you and we will pop up and introduce ourselves when you are here next week?

We've noticed that you always get negative and postive responses on these boards. Who knows where the truth lies. Don't be put off by it.

About the communal pool, my husband seems to think that it is leaking because the water level is right down and has seen lots of workers looking at it

Are you on mains water yet because we're not?

cocos

Message Posted:
18/05/2008 14:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 23 of 76 in Discussion

No plot number? The plot thickens!

I don't have an agenda, just pointing out my own observations. While on the subject of user profiles I would have thought an aircraft engineer would know how to spell. Strange that both you and Jimmy joined within a day!

Tiggy

Message Posted:
18/05/2008 15:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 24 of 76 in Discussion

Stop the bickering please.

Also take no notice of Kazzybe as he is only 12, must have rich parents to be buying an apartment for him at that age!

Lighten up one and all.

LOL

Tiggy

Message Posted:
18/05/2008 15:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 25 of 76 in Discussion

Stop the bickering please.

Also take no notice of Kazzybe as he is only 12, must have rich parents to be buying an apartment for him at that age!

Lighten up one and all.

LOL

gary65

Message Posted:
18/05/2008 16:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 26 of 76 in Discussion

OOOOOOOOOH cocos we are getting personal

kibrissibel

Message Posted:
18/05/2008 18:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 27 of 76 in Discussion

If you are a genuine customer of Lapis then we're glad you're having a positive experience. Thanks for your postings and email to us. You stated in your email that you wanted us to share info about our experiences, but most of them are on the TRNC Villa Owners board, which you've seen.

All we want is for Lapis to stick to their contractual obligations.

We wish you all the best.

Brad & Sibel

berty

Message Posted:
18/05/2008 18:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 28 of 76 in Discussion

hello gary65,

I am an aircraft engineer and I can't spell either. I have a place built by Lapis just up the road and although had problems most are being or have being resloved. (told you I can spell)

We are out again early June just to see if its still standing LOL. Keep cool and maintain a sense of humour as nothing is simple or ever what it seams from time to time over there, unlike aircraft eh !!!!! If you are around drop by for a beer (Email is in my profile )

Ian

kibrissibel

Message Posted:
18/05/2008 19:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 29 of 76 in Discussion

Sorry Gary65 - we forgot to address our above posting to you

Brad & Sibel

gary65

Message Posted:
18/05/2008 20:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 30 of 76 in Discussion

Thanks everyone for your warm welcome nice to see there are still some friendly people about ,i know Cocos has had a bad time with her builder but that isn't my fault and i do feel sorry for her , i only joined this forum to find out info and maybe find people living on our site so i can share experiences (there you go Cocos that's a long word) with . By the way Berty who do you work for ? I work for Airbus in North Wales.

Could you tell me Berty if your with Pine tree 1 , up in the hills?

Erik The Red

Message Posted:
18/05/2008 20:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 31 of 76 in Discussion

Hi Gary and Jimmy + neighbour Charlie Brown,

We are also buying at Beachside but are part of the poor relations, only buying an apartment. We like you have had no problems with Lapis. Can't wait until we take possession. We are coming out on the 26th May so we must all get together for a glass of wine (red or white?)

We have been watching this forum for many months but feel we must speak as we find ourselves. We look at it as a very laid back mediterranean country and you expect things to happen slowly. Surely it's this laid back atmosphere that we are all buying in to!. It is sad for people who are having problems but we think you just have to sit back and go with the flow.

Look forward to seeing everyone next week.

wall_tadpole

Message Posted:
18/05/2008 22:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 32 of 76 in Discussion

I agree with Gary on this one.

We too have purchased a Villa at Beachside and have to say we are happy with the way things have gone. We, like Gary, also used an agent to complete a comprehensive snagging list for us as it's not been possible for us to get out there since our initial viewing of the site. This enabled us to have an expert look for things on the property that we would never have been able to find. We then received a full report - complete with pictures - of problems that needed rectifying. Most of these have since been rectified to the engineers satisfaction. Some of the smaller problems seem to be taking time, but like the poster above says, what do you really expect? If you go into something well prepared with your eyes open you're less liable to get stung.

There are things that we're not 100% happy with of course, but in the greater scheme of things these are relatively minor and not insurmountable.

I would also like to add that I have no agenda and felt compelled to post (despite reading these forums for some time) in response to cocos who felt she 'smelt a rat' because someone dared to voice an opinion which differed from her own.

When I'm flying to Cyprus, I'd be much happier knowing that the people who built the aircraft knew more about aerodynamic theory and propulsion physics than the saddo's who can consistently get eight letter words on 'Countdown'.

bigusdickus

Message Posted:
19/05/2008 11:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 33 of 76 in Discussion

Sorry but I have to agree with cocos. All 4 new members ,all saying exactly the same thing, all coming out next week, all been reading these forums for a while and suddenly felt the need to comment, none of them are prepared to say which property they've bought, looks like a blatant Lapis PR stunt to me

berty

Message Posted:
19/05/2008 18:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 34 of 76 in Discussion

hello gary 65

I am with the arch rivals and former share holders BAE SYSTEMS and yes i am on Pine 1. Airbus are stelaing all my electrical engineers at the moment but thats your opposit numbers in france.

Jimmy5 pints

Message Posted:
19/05/2008 22:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 35 of 76 in Discussion

Bigusdickus - ooo errr sounds a bit rude!!!!!!

Why does there seem to be a fixation with knowing our plot numbers? i have not ommitted my e-mail address like yourself - what are you hiding??????????

Perhaps just perhaps some people are relativley satisfied???

Gary,Eric the red, wall tadpole and Charlie good to have you all as neighbours, when we went out in March/April we had a problem with the electric staying on for more than an hour at a time, my mum has been out all this week and evidently the electric is holding up well and water is being filled on a regular basis. Was a bit worried about that as taking the kids out this time - pool won't be ready for us this time but you can't have everything.

Again i am quite happy to give my plot number to my neighbours via e-mail.

Jim

gary65

Message Posted:
19/05/2008 22:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 36 of 76 in Discussion

I'm rather baffled with the paranoia displayed by a number of people on this forum. Only for the fact that I'm rather amused by it all I don't think I would dignify some of the comments with a response. As to the timing of us all flying out next week, perhaps its because its Half Term for the schools and we have children. Plot number? I'm not prepared to give my plot number to just anyone simply because they've asked for it, particularly someone who demonstrates such peculiarly high levels of suspicion.

As for Jimmy, Charliebrown, Berty, Erik the Red and Walltadpole, it's good to know there will be some sane people to meet up with when we're holidaying there.

Having said all the above, I don't want to appear to be dismissive of the problems people like Brad and Sibel are experiencing. I hope the issues are resolved quickly and in their favour.

Gar's wife

BillyB

Message Posted:
19/05/2008 22:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 37 of 76 in Discussion

I'm Spartacus!

I too have bought from La-pis!

I too have bought on beachside!

I too have bought a villa on a stunning building site and an ambience to die for in between piles of rubble!

I too have been watching these forums for months!

I too am coming out next week!

I too have an employed an agent to do my snagging! Which I'm happy with even though I haven't seen it!

I too am not prepared to give out my villa no! Even though this posting was started to meet new neighbours!

I too don't mind paying extortionate amounts of extra money for my electric!

I too am livid that cocos and kazzybe and bigus dickus could even think this is a pr stunt by La-pis!

I too don't care that communal pools leaking even though the question was asked!

gary65

Message Posted:
19/05/2008 23:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 38 of 76 in Discussion

Thanks for the laugh! We couldn't agree more BillyB.

gary65

Message Posted:
19/05/2008 23:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 39 of 76 in Discussion

Hi Berty

I see your over in Saudi , i don't know why your lads want to come and work for Airbus then the crap money there paying

Went up to your site when we went over on an inspection trip Two years ago , wow quite a while now

Erik The Red

Message Posted:
19/05/2008 23:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 40 of 76 in Discussion

Hi jimmy5 pints - will email you our details - must get together for a drink - have already "spoken" to gary65.

It would appear that cocos and bigusdickus don't have children otherwise they would know that it is half term here next week. Don't think we will invite cocos and bigusdickus to our drinks party.

Erik

bigusdickus

Message Posted:
20/05/2008 10:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 41 of 76 in Discussion

Jimmy my email is listed on here, not sure what you mean?

Gary I think BillyB's post was taking the mickey!

You all seem a very angry and aggressive bunch down on beachside! A bit too angry if you get my drift

gary65

Message Posted:
20/05/2008 12:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 42 of 76 in Discussion

lol we didn,t start the aggressive tones , i only come on here to find other people who are living on my site , i've had a good response and most of them are positive i'll agree that there are still some issues that need to be sorted but overall i'm happy with Lapis , this is NC afterall. Ifeel sorry for the people who are having a bad time with their builders but i'm afraid that if your not one of the doom brigade you get slagged , grapes and sour come to mind bigus dickusonhead

Erik The Red

Message Posted:
20/05/2008 13:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 43 of 76 in Discussion

Hi bigusdickus

What Jimmy meant is you have opted to hide your e-mail address on your profile! I don't believe we are a "very angry and aggressive bunch" - people just don't like to be liars.

Whereabouts are you buying?

Erik

woody

Message Posted:
20/05/2008 13:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 44 of 76 in Discussion

dont hold your breath

woody

Message Posted:
20/05/2008 13:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 45 of 76 in Discussion

please ignore previous message made in error

Erik The Red

Message Posted:
20/05/2008 16:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 46 of 76 in Discussion

Sorry bigusdickus,

that should read people don't like to be called liars.

berty

Message Posted:
20/05/2008 19:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 47 of 76 in Discussion

gary 65

We are looking for some engineers out here, you dont know of anyone wanting a job in Saudi do you, excellent package (salary etc not me), need a whole heap of electrical specialists. email me off line if you know of anyone any specialty really, its elect I need in a hurry though, although the lads here are hoping that no one comes so they will bump the salaries up.

Enjoy your trip to Cyprus how long you there for?

BillyB

Message Posted:
20/05/2008 19:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 48 of 76 in Discussion

I'm Spartacus!

I too have children and I'm looking forward to them playing on the adventure building site!

I too had a villa in Spain have you seen what's happening there? More or less the same as here!

I too don't believe people who say your problems will start when you've paid your money and taken possession!

I too have read TRNC VILLA OWNERS about La-pis. Who cares about that stupid old couple they probably deserve it anyway!

I too don't care that this might happen to me!

I too am going to lick Lapis owners bottom when I arrive next week!

I too was told by La-pis not to post on these boards for fear of being attacked! Then all of a sudden I was compelled to post along with many other ecstatically happy Crapis owners! All in the space of a few days!

I too think that the general public reading this are incredibly gullable and will believe any old twaddle I tell them!

I too don't believe that beachside will later be called roadside because Ali Kayim owns the land in front and will build in front of me spoiling my ambience to die for and my unbelievable view!

Gullability - theres a long word have I spelt it correctly???

PtePike

Message Posted:
21/05/2008 02:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 49 of 76 in Discussion

Msg 48 outstanding!

charliebrown

Message Posted:
21/05/2008 22:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 50 of 76 in Discussion

I must apologise Brad and Sibel I've only just read your post on trnc villaowners. I can't believe what you've been through. I think these types of people are just bringing shame on the Island, it's such a nice place to live but they're spoiling it for innocent people. I feel stupid for being so gullible.

I hope things get better for you.

BillyB

Message Posted:
22/05/2008 19:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 51 of 76 in Discussion

Charlie............theyve all gone mate. As quickly as they arrived theyre all gone! Was it something I said?

kazzybe

Message Posted:
23/05/2008 18:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 52 of 76 in Discussion

I can't undertand Gary and Jimmy why you jumped down my throat. I couldnt understand how you could say the snagging had been done if you hadn't seen it. You said you were coming out to see the finished villa ergo you hadn't seen it ergo how did you know the snaggin was done. That was all.

I also think if I had bought a villa and someoone had made a comment that the communal pool was leaking and that my villa would be built in front of, I would want to ask questions about it. I just find the postings a bit strange.

kibrissibel

Message Posted:
25/05/2008 22:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 53 of 76 in Discussion

Charliebrown no need to apologise. You are welcome to come up to us and introduce yourself. We are no 16 Pine Tree 1 Karaagac.

Take care

Brad & Sibel

rtddci

Message Posted:
02/06/2008 17:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 54 of 76 in Discussion

Brad & Sibel

Have now read your saga on TRNC Villa owners forum and looked at the photos

http://trncvillaowners.phpbb3now.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=668&start=150

My oh my, what an advert for the TRNC. I wish you all the best and if there is anything I can do to assist your cause let me know.

Martin

rtddci

Message Posted:
02/06/2008 17:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 55 of 76 in Discussion

Also similar to another saga, different builder though. Robins space

http://i-see-why.spaces.live.com/default.aspx

onmyown

Message Posted:
02/06/2008 23:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 56 of 76 in Discussion

not surprised the hodges have damp problems, have you seen the latest posting on villa owners web site, i think damp caused by all the dribble coming from them.

cocos

Message Posted:
03/06/2008 09:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 57 of 76 in Discussion

The only thing I conclude form message 56 is that you think they esere all they get for buying 3 properties with Lapis in good faith! What a humanitarian thought of you.

The point I get from Brad and Siebls last message is it only shows their resiliance and refusal to be bullied by these people and that they have managed to keep a sense of humour throughout their ordeal. I applaud them and wish them luck.

Maybe you and your cowboy crony developer mates should wake up an smell the roses instead of trying to discredit your customers!

wynyardman

Message Posted:
03/06/2008 10:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 58 of 76 in Discussion

There seems little doubt that Brad and Sibels case. They keep very clear records of correspondence and discussions with their developers. They also have photographs and

documentary evidence. THEY WILL NOT BE BULLIED BY THEIR DEVELOPERS.

There is a lesson here for people buying in the TRNC. There is mounting evidence of people

being put under enormous stress by developers (once they have had most staged payments)

No replies to E mails, work ceasing on developments for months on end, total disregard for clear committments in the contracts ,failure to put right snagging issues.

These seem to be standard antics of MANY TRNC developers.

BRAD AND SIBEL ARE RIGHT...THEY HAVE STOOD UP AND BEEN COUNTED....WE SHOULD

STAND WITH THEM IN SUPPORT...WE SHOULD ALL LEARN FROM THEM...THAT WAY THE

WHEAT CAN BE SORTED FROM THE CHAFF, THESE ANTICS SHOULD STOP NOW!

wynyardman

wynyardman

Message Posted:
03/06/2008 10:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 59 of 76 in Discussion

onmyown,

Could I just say, that I am not surprised given your attitude to your fellow man.

How could anyone not have every sympathy for Brad and Sibel having seen the photographs of

damp in their villa. What cant speak cant lie! Shame on you!

wynyardman

kibrissibel

Message Posted:
05/06/2008 18:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 60 of 76 in Discussion

Thank you wynyardman, rtddci, cocos and everyone else for your support, it is greatly appreciated.

Onmyown - you are welcome to come and inspect the damp problems etc etc with your own eyes, however the wording on your post leads us to believe that you are, or were, part of the Lapis team. Instead of using all these bogus names, why not be brave enough to put your own name? We did.

Brad & Sibel

kibrissibel

Message Posted:
06/06/2008 09:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 61 of 76 in Discussion

I have signed the petition to amend the specific performance law :

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/peti ... index.html

Everyone who has purchased here, or are thinking of purchasing here need to sign this. Without amendment of the law we may never get our title deeds. I believe this will give the TRNC construction industry and economy a much needed boost by protecting present and future purchasers. It's no good sitting in our armchairs hoping that everyone else will d something for us. We all need to stand up together and take joint positive action. It affects all of us.

Sibel

kibrissibel

Message Posted:
06/06/2008 17:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 62 of 76 in Discussion

Sorry the above link got cut off. Hopefully this one will work!

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/petitioncyprus/index.html

kibrissibel

Message Posted:
09/06/2008 20:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 63 of 76 in Discussion

Hi everyone

A few of the Lapis customers have asked for our views on the latest invoice that they have received from Lapis Development as below:

"Dear Customer,

A new legislation relating to VAT (also known as KDV) was recently announced by the TRNC Government for all properties.

Under the new legislation, the 5% VAT is payable by the Customer to the Government via the Developer once possession of the property has been taken and NOT at the date of the transfer of the Title Deeds.

The amount payable is calculated based on your property purchase price as stated in your sales agreement.

Please arrange for this money to be sent to us within the next 14 days. Any delay in payment will result in the Government levying a penalty, which unfortunately you will be liable for.

Please see attached for your invoice. If you have Queries regarding your invoice please get back to me as soon as possible. "

We have not received one of these, but the letter is accompanied with an invoice containing a breakdown of the KDV (VAT) charges. Instead of charging 5% KDV on the total purchase price as stated in the contract, they are charging up to 16% KDV on many items which are already included in the sale. As we understand it, unless otherwise stated in your contract, you are only required to pay 5%KDV. (We will not give specific prices to protect the owners confidentiality.) Overall, they are charging almost double the amount of KDV that should be payable, and the price of items has been grossly exagerated in our opinion. If you receive an invoice like this, please check it thoroughly because the samples that we have seen have many errors in the calculations which are not in the customers favour. For instance, the £2088 that they were trying to extract from everyone a few months ago for electricity and water infrastructure (despite it being included in many peoples contract ) already had 16% KDV added to it, but now they are charging an additional 16% on top. Hopefully these invoices have been sent out by mistake and Lapis will be kind enough to explain what has gone wrong here.

The other issue is of course whether there actually has been a change in the law making KDV payable on taking posession and not on transfer of title. The following is from some very helpful info that Ismet posted on Cyprus44:

"At the time of transfer of title deeds the buyer pays the 3% transfer tax to the DLO. Usually they give you a piece of paper and you go and pay it to a bank and bring back the receipt. You also have to pay 1% of the 3% as property tax but I am not sure exactly who pays it to whom.

The builder has to pay 6.25% "Stoppage" tax to the tax office and submit the receipt to DLO before transfer takes place. This is not a new tax but an advance payment towards the builders income tax. The buyer must never ever pay this tax but I know of occasions where this tax has been included in the contract.

5% KDV (VAT) is a very contentious issue. Until recently the vendor used to write an invoice for the sale of the house when ready to transfer the title deeds and thus pay the "stoppage" accordingly. Next month he would pay the 5% VAT on the invoice less the vat he already paid for obtaining materials and services. The Buyer would pay the VAT to the Vendor just before getting the title deeds.

Now the situation is very volatile. There are many finished houses but few transfer of title deeds, hence sale not finalized as far as the tax man was concerned and thus many builders had spent much more on VAT than what they collected from the sales. The building industry is not very healthy at the moment and thus they wanted the government to pay them the VAT owed to them. In response the tax Directorate have issued a directive saying that sale took place when keys were presented to the buyers and thus VAT payable.

rcroton

Message Posted:
10/06/2008 10:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 64 of 76 in Discussion

This now seems to be a discussion about problem builders not about new neighbours!!

It is very unfortunate that people are going through such a hard time i do admit. Working in the construction business, it is always a risk. Over here in Qatar the standard of finishing off in some cases is terrible and there will always be dodgy builders in every country. On the other side there will always be good ones.

For those who have problems i hope you get them sorted, them we can praise the good things about the country. It will never be the UK though!

wynyardman

Message Posted:
10/06/2008 11:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 65 of 76 in Discussion

rcroton,

The point you make is valid.

There are just too many half finished developments. leaving trails of victims in there wakes.

We are trying to make new potential purchasers aware of the pitfalls, and pressing for improvements in the legal system, to make property buying in the TRNC, safer.

DEMAND anmendment to The Specific Performance Law 1885 and clarification on The Pre74 PTP debacle. IT IS IN EVERYONES INTEREST TO DO SO.

wynyardman

Jimmy5 pints

Message Posted:
10/06/2008 20:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 66 of 76 in Discussion

This is how i interpret it......

1. Never pay the VAT until they are ready to transfer the title deeds to you.

2. VAT is payable by the vendor to the tax office. Never pay the VAT until the vendor gives you a copy of the relevant receipt from the tax office and show it to your lawyer to ensure that it is the relevant receipt.

3. The recent directive by tax directorate to accountants about payment of VAT when keys are handed over lacks legal basis. According to Cyprus Today the government is now preparing a new law to make this possible but as things stand such a demand is not legal.

I for one have not had this request yet but will be following the above if i do.

BillyB

Message Posted:
16/06/2008 21:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 67 of 76 in Discussion

COme on lads. Some of you must be back from your holidays at the lovely

La-pis building site resort. Nothing to report? We're all dying to know how you got on. I'm begining to worry that you all caught legionaires disease from the the green half empty communal pool. Surely you spoke to the unhappy people who are living on the site.......

BillyB

Message Posted:
16/06/2008 21:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 68 of 76 in Discussion

Do not use lawyer recommended by estate agent. We all know why they are recommending them.............

gary65

Message Posted:
18/06/2008 11:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 69 of 76 in Discussion

Hi BILLYB

Tell me billy is the B for BASTARD BECAUSE OBVIOUSLY YOU MUST GET OF ON PEOPLES MISERY OR MISFORTUNE ,WEIRDO

kibrissibel

Message Posted:
18/06/2008 12:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 70 of 76 in Discussion

Hi

Just a quick message. We had a phonecall from Megan at Lapis advising that the invoices that went out to customers charging 16% KDV (VAT) instead of 5% were actually a mistake and were sent out to 4 onwers only on the Karaagac site.

On the 04/06/08 our lawyer suggested us having a meeting with Lapis's lawyers regarding our problems with them. We agreed to this, however we have not heard anything from Lapis's lawyers at this stage.

Brad&Sibel

BillyB

Message Posted:
19/06/2008 22:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 71 of 76 in Discussion

Thanks Gay65 for getting back to me. Maybe all the others were having such a wonderful time they decided to extend their stay on the La-pis building site resort. No, sorry you've guessed wrong, what the B stands for. Have another guess. I was making fun of you and the rest of the La-pis PR group. If you did holiday there then would you be so kind as to share your findings?

You put in an earlier post that the agent who oversaw your snagging was "very thorough, efficient, reliable and trustworthy and we would highly recommend him. He assured us that our property was built and finished to a high standard." Who was the agent and do you still think this after staying on the La-pis building site? I'll ask again, surely you went and talked to others living on the site. What was their opinion?

It's well known that most of the pools have leaks and other problems on beachside and customers aren't getting their snagging finished. Looks like La-pis have learnt nothing from their first site at Karagac

Heres something that may interest you, something that lala posted on Trnc Villa Owners :

Libel case! I dont think so! These playboys along with their incompetant management have buls***ted their way through their entire developments. Lapis are only here for the short term which is clear by the way they have handled this poor couples situation. Professional businessmen would have squashed this in the first few posts (if not before) by doing the right thing.

Lapis have been building beachside for 3 years and still havent finished. Many of the villasnext to the road are just slabs of concrete. I would assume these are the landowners because they are the worst location nearest the main road and dont have the views. Landowners will get 20 odd villas for payment for the land and most of these havent even been built yet. This gives you an indication that their could be problems ahead. Lapis will get most of their funds in from stage payments of finished villas so they can then disappear to the next scam leaving all the unfortunate owners to sort out the mess with the landowners. Brad and Sibel have already said on thıs thread that Lapis are reluctant to hand over their deeds so would advise everyone not to hand over any more money until you get the deeds to your villa.

Lapis are now charging beachside owners excessive amounts of money for their electric meters. Go down to kibtek and buy them youself for a fraction of the cost and at least then it will be ın your name to reduce further complications in case they decide to cut anyone elses electric off too. The playboys have got Monaco Grand Prıx coming up soon so they need the funds to get their yacht serviced and loaded with champagne. Sod all their unfortunate customers!

kibrissibel

Message Posted:
23/06/2008 08:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 72 of 76 in Discussion

Have you signed the petition to amend the Specific Performance Law?

Without a change in this law, it means you cannot take action against your vendor to compel them to transfer the title deeds to you. Thus some unscrupulous developers are not adhering to their side of the contract and are not willing to transfer the deeds to the buyers, using this a leveridge to extract extra funds from purchasers.

Please see this weeks edition of Cyprus Today (June 21-27), who are covering this very important issue.

The petition was started some time ago by Ismet Ustuner, a very helpful and knowledgeable member of this board where legal matters are concerned. The petition is backed by the HBPG.

This is the link to the petition:

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/petitioncyprus/index.html

cocos

Message Posted:
23/06/2008 20:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 73 of 76 in Discussion

Gary message 69 - are you saying that you too had problems when you stayed in your villa?

amir 1658

Message Posted:
18/08/2008 18:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 74 of 76 in Discussion

We bought it there but haven't been there since last year! Can you tell us what is happenning there and how did your snagging go? How are you doing with the Electric?

gary65

Message Posted:
21/08/2008 01:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 75 of 76 in Discussion

We didn't speak to many people on the site cos it was too hot to walk around; instead we lounged around in our own fabulous pool, which is not leaking! Those we did speak to largely had concerns about the length of time the site was taking to complete.However, the owners' villas came on quite quickly while we were there.

Our biggest problem was still being on builders' electric; being situated where we are, we weren't getting full power all the time. That being said, we have absolutely no regrets and are looking forward to going out again in October.

sscss

Message Posted:
28/02/2010 13:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 76 of 76 in Discussion

Can you tell me about Lapis? or what does this comment imply?

Sagoo

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.